Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,013 members, 7,859,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:50 PM

Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. (2992 Views)

Lady Features Her Dead Husband In Her Nude Maternity Photoshoot / Man Grabs Nude Wife's Boobs In Maternity Photoshoot / Pregnant Woman Who Posed With 20,000 Bees In Maternity Shoot Had Stillbirth(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. by etrange: 2:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
Alearna:

Nobody is asking them not to take the shoots, but when you do keep it to yourself ffs.

The same thing, you don't tell people what to post or what not to post based on your preferences. In most cases, they post these pictures on thier own social media profiles; thier own profiles. In that case anyone seeing that is in thier space (either a follower or someone who searched for it). And you can't tell someone not to put a certain picture of themselves on thier own profile cause you don't like them. That's not logical. Even when you see these pictures on a public platform like Nairaland, the title mostly tells you what you're about to open, and yet you open it just to complain that you're seeing something you cautiously went to see.

Let's not forget this internet space belongs to everyone and people won't and shouldn't stop posting things cause you don't like them. You, Alearna, had a diary you consider good enough to post on Nairaland, a public forum. Imagine if someone told you that you should have kept your private stories to yourself cause nobody wanted to read that all because the person saw something in the diary that didn't appeal to them. How would you react? You'd tell them to keep scrolling and leave you alone. So it's not so hard to do that when you come across something that doesn't appeal to you.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. by Alearna: 2:12pm On Mar 19, 2023
etrange:

The same thing, you don't tell people what to post or what not to post based of your preferences. In most cases, they post these pictures on thier own profile; thier own profile. In that case anyone seeing that is in thier space (either a followerr or or someone who searchEd for it). And you can't tell someone not to put a certain picture of themselves on thier own profile cause you don't like them. That's not logical. Even when you see these pictures on a public platform like Nairaland, the title mostly tells you what you're about to open, and yet you open it just to complain that you're seeing something you cautiously went to see.

Let's not forget this internet space belongs to everyone and people won't and shouldn't stop posting things cause you don't like them. You, Alearna, had a diary you consider good enough to post on Nairaland, a public forum. Imagine if someone told you that you should have kept your private stories to yourself cause nobody wanted to read that all because the person saw something in the diary that didn't appeal to them, how would you react? You'd tell them to keep scrolling and leave you alone. So it's not so hard to do that when you come across something that doesn't appeal to you.
Lol
It's okay. I have no horse in this fight.
To each their own, I guess.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. by etrange: 2:44pm On Mar 19, 2023
Alearna:

Lol
It's okay. I have no horse in this fight.
To each their own, I guess.
Exactly!

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. by Ishilove: 2:55pm On Mar 19, 2023
ShaqFu:
me sef. 😁
I didn't know 'impulsions' was an actual word until today. I thought he meant 'impulses', so you can imagine my surprise when I checked and discovered the word exists cheesy
Re: Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. by LocalStandard1(m): 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2023
Ishilove:

I didn't know 'impulsions' was an actual word until today. I thought he meant 'impulses', so you can imagine my surprise when I checked and discovered the word exists cheesy
But you should have quoted me to point it out so I respond. Is that how small minded you are? Talk about it so I show you the word instead of gossiping and making a jest of it behind. You are so knowledged and so proud you lied you checked it but didn't. Here's the definition from Google and screen shot....

impulsion
/ɪmˈpʌlʃn/
noun
plural noun: impulsions
a strong urge to do something.
"the impulsion of the singers to govern the pace"
the motive or influence behind an action or process.
"attitudes changed under the impulsion of humanitarian considerations"

EDITED!

Re: Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. by LocalStandard1(m): 3:14pm On Mar 19, 2023
ShaqFu:
me sef. 😁

impulsion
/ɪmˈpʌlʃn/
noun
plural noun: impulsions
a strong urge to do something.
"the impulsion of the singers to govern the pace"
the motive or influence behind an action or process.
"attitudes changed under the impulsion of humanitarian considerations"

English is not our mother tongue but you are wrong on this one, Mr Wole Soyinka.

Re: Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. by LocalStandard1(m): 3:18pm On Mar 19, 2023
Ishilove:

Ishilove, sorry for insulting you. I didn't bother reading your post to the end to know it was an admittance and not a corroborated mockery. Sorry for insulting you again.
Re: Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. by DaInferno(m): 3:42pm On Mar 19, 2023
amigo1088:
Nobody actually really cares about your maternity photoshoots. you spend all this time, energy, and money for something that you think will get you many likes. You might say that it's so you have something to remember by, but really it's just so vain and you're only doing it for clout.
grin this is another angle...like if you really think about it.
Re: Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. by Ishilove: 4:47pm On Mar 19, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Ishilove, sorry for insulting you. I didn't bother reading your post to the end to know it was an admittance and not a corroborated mockery. Sorry for insulting you again.
Nairaland. Shoot first, ask questions later. Why are we so angry in Nigeria?

It's all good. No issues
Re: Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. by LocalStandard1(m): 5:41pm On Mar 19, 2023
Ishilove:

Nairaland. Shoot first, ask questions later. Why are we so angry in Nigeria?

It's all good. No issues
You actually started the "Shoot first before asking questions later". The only difference is I am able to know I am wrong and even apologize. You on the other hand can neither admit wrong or apologize.

Ishilove:

No, I'm using a Nokia 3310.

Shior

I googled the word before quoting you, Mr Local Champion, so stop acting like an asshole
Re: Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. by Klass99(f): 5:55pm On Mar 19, 2023

4 Likes

Re: Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. by purples25(f): 8:36pm On Mar 19, 2023
Alearna:

Wow!

This is a nice take, but I would argue that young ladies who dress seductively or show "nudity" are also being critiqued. You can see from numerous threads even here on nairaland.

With age comes wisdom, one would expect these older ladies to be smart enough to not copy everything they do in the west, stop craving cheap attentions and validation.
I think at a certain age we should know what vanity is and act accordingly.

Yeah, you're right if this same women are in a problem or the other, people might not be concerned about their well being.

We really have to do better as a community, what legacy are we going to leave for the upcoming generation?.

Ps: There might be typos, but i wouldn't edit it, read am like that.

I'm happy with the way you chose to answer and I see some sense in your opinions.

Another thought has come to my mind though. If people are really decent, what brings them to the arena of nudes and whatnot? Really decent people with strong connections to their religious sides hardly focus on lewd acts, people or attractions. Seems like most of these morality judges are very attracted to the dark side.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. by purples25(f): 8:36pm On Mar 19, 2023
Klass99:

Lol at the bolded. I have recently learnt from reading posts which posts to jump and pass, and which users to avoid altogether, to guard againt unwarranted insults and disrespect on these streets.

I am able to pretty much tell from a person's post their state of mind or attitude, which determines if I will engage with them or not. Some users are so notorious that when I see the moniker alone, I jump and pass, without reading their posts or threads.

@ Purples25 & Etrange, I applaud your objective and balanced perspectives on this. I like good content so thanks Mathilde for sharing etrange's post which brought me to the thread in the first place.

Thanks!
Re: Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. by Princessdainty(m): 9:14pm On Mar 19, 2023
Only a Foolish womon wastes her husband's money seeking validation on social media.

By the way, men fetishize your naked protuding tummy on social media.
make you get sense small

I'm all for "do you bro!"
but on this one, op is right!
Re: Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. by cococandy(f): 5:54am On Mar 20, 2023
purples25:
Why can't people live and let others live?
too difficult

1 Like

Re: Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. by shaybebaby(f): 8:12am On Mar 20, 2023
Ishilove:

I don learn new word today
That is the local standard english, e dey different from kwins English. grin grin grin
Re: Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots. by purples25(f): 8:47pm On Mar 20, 2023
cococandy:
too difficult

Aswear! I will never believe that act people put on that they aren't in other's business. They can't live without it!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ada's In Cultural Igbo Setting Does Not Marry Afar. How True Is This? / Can You Give Your Kids This Hairstyle As A Punishment (pics) / Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.