Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,052 members, 7,814,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce (2975 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge / Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Igodieo: 3:54am On Oct 07, 2009
Just been Married for 7 months wife files for divorce.

Reasons.
She is not getting what she wants at the right time.
I have never refused her anything but provide it when i have the means.

Latest request is a FREELANDER.
last request was a blackberry storm, which she has just got.

she says she does not love me anymore.

what should I do people.
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 07, 2009
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 07, 2009
Who are all these liar opening topics just to promote gender bashing.So your wife divorced you cuz you couldn't buy her some stuffs that the biggest lie i've heard. Even sluts that are married don't divorce for that.Only in nairaland
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by 190: 8:37am On Oct 07, 2009
POSTER
Ur wife is devoricing u cos of things like dis

read
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-333780.0.html#msg4682643
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 07, 2009
That's a very unreasonable story undecided

Come oh, must you post a thread on NL angry
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Igodieo: 9:15am On Oct 07, 2009
Ujujoan:

That's a very unreasonable story undecided

Come oh, must you post a thread on NL angry
It is a very true story .
who is entitled to post a thread on NL ?

pc guru:

Who are all these liar opening topics just to promote gender bashing.So your wife divorced you cuz you couldn't buy her some stuffs that the biggest lie i've heard. Even sluts that are married don't divorce for that.Only in nairaland
Trust Nigerians, attitude. How can you call someone a liar when you don't know the facts.

chaircover:

Can you afford these things?
Yes, I can. I think she is taking advantage.
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Igodieo: 9:25am On Oct 07, 2009
190:

POSTER
your wife is devoricing u cos of things like dis

read
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-333780.0.html#msg4682643

Yeo @190 you are right. That is exactly what happened.
I think I have got the solution. I have to move on.
She's been married before and has a son. I was trying to save the marriage but she is bent on breaking it.
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 07, 2009
Igodieo:

Yeo @190 you are right. That is exactly what happened.
I think I have got the solution. I have to move on.
She's been married before and has a son. I was trying to save the marriage but she is bent on breaking it.

I'm sorry okay? But your story is not convincing enough!! Why would she want to divorce you cos you dont want to buy her a car

If at all what you are saying is true then the only explianation I can get is that for you to be able to afford all those things and decided to marry a woman who's divorced or widowed, den you are a probably divorced or widowed yourself.

I'll bet you are years older than her and you promised her these things just to get her to marry you. Now you are married, you want to dodge!

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Igodieo: 11:12am On Oct 07, 2009
Ujujoan:

I'm sorry okay? But your story is not convincing enough!! Why would she want to divorce you cos you dont want to buy her a car

If at all what you are saying is true then the only explianation I can get is that for you to be able to afford all those things and decided to marry a woman who's divorced or widowed, den you are a probably divorced or widowed yourself.

I'll bet you are years older than her and you promised her these things just to get her to marry you. Now you are married, you want to dodge!

undecided undecided undecided

Majority of men are older than their wife. That is correct.
I did not promise her anything. There is an assumption in naija ,that when you live abroad you have money.
I am not dodging. I am the one trying to save the marriage.
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Ournaija: 11:17am On Oct 07, 2009
I dont even know where to start from. Bros we need more info about you and her. Give us details of your courtship period and the 7 months of marriage.
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by spikedcylinder: 11:20am On Oct 07, 2009
When you suspect all she needs are material things, there's a big problem.
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 07, 2009
Igodieo:

Majority of men are older than their wife. That is correct.
I did not promise her anything. There is an assumption in naija ,that when you live abroad you have money.
I am not dodging. I am the one trying to save the marriage.

I'm not saying you are older, I'm saying you are much older!!

I'm   shocked  shocked with your statement (the one I highlightd). People assume? If I had a BF abroad and I cant even begin to expect him to buy me a freelander! Except of course he made me believe he can give it to me without batting an eyelid. Why then wont I get pissed if I ask for it and he refuses for no just cause!!

I didnt say you are dodging out of the marriage, just out of the promise (of buying her a car or whatever you promised her). Men do it all the time, especially older men.

If you really want to save your marriage, then give her what you promised to give her and next time before you make a promise, think twice!!

* And dont give me that 'I didnt promise her anything crap. Cos you and I both know its not true!*
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 07, 2009
spikedcylinder:

When you suspect all she needs are material things, there's a big problem.

That's because he knows that was what he used to get her, and now he dosent want to give it.

You see, he dosen't care that she misses him or thatshe thinks he dosen't treat her well enough, he just assumed her interest is in material things because that was what he offered in the first place! sad
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Ournaija: 11:28am On Oct 07, 2009
I dont even know where to start from. Bros we need more info about you and her. Give us details of your courtship period and the 7 months of marriage
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by whitesturd(f): 11:31am On Oct 07, 2009
I cant afford to believe this, how will a reasonable woman want to get a divorce cos of a goddam car.i am shocked
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Igodieo: 11:43am On Oct 07, 2009
Ujujoan:

That's because he knows that was what he used to get her, and now he dosent want to give it.

You see, he dosen't care that she misses him or thatshe thinks he dosen't treat her well enough, he just assumed her interest is in material things because that was what he offered in the first place! sad

I think you just after me. I did not promise her anything. Used to get her? I have been to Nigeria 3 times this year just because of her.

Ournaija:

I dont even know where to start from. Bros we need more info about you and her. Give us details of your courtship period and the 7 months of marriage

Like I said in my earlier post we did not court for long. But we've been friends online for about 2years
I found out that there was a lot of pretence before the marriage. As I don marry her now wetin I go do? leave her ?

Ladies and gentlemen I dey ask for solution that you may have. I nor say make una come attack me.
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2009
Igodieo:

I think you just after me. I did not promise her anything. Used to get her? I have been to Nigeria 3 times this year just because of her.

*roooollz eyez* I'm after you like she's after your wealth abi? Paranoid!

You came to Nigeria to see her cos you wanted to marry her. Dont act like you were doing her a favour!
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by ifyalways(f): 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2009
Na wao for this story undecided
She filed for divorce,u dont want her to go,then get her the darn things now if u can afford it.If u cant afford it or u can afford it but u just dont see urself getting her those things u shld be in ur church having a thanksgiving.
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2009
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Igodieo: 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2009
chaircover:

Thank you Ify . . . . that’s why I asked the question if he can afford it.

He says he can so he might as well just buy them if he wants to keep the marriage.

Let him get over this storm first by buying the car and the phone.

To prevent future occurrences of this kind of blackmail from his wife, he has to sit her down and correct any misjudgement that she may have about his true financial standing.

Thanks I appreciate this.

ifyalways:

Na wao for this story undecided
She filed for divorce,u dont want her to go,then get her the darn things now if u can afford it.If u cant afford it or u can afford it but u just dont see urself getting her those things u shld be in your church having a thanksgiving.

Thank You very much. I have one week more to spare before I give up. It is not a do or die affair.

Ujujoan:

*roooollz eyez* I'm after you like she's after your wealth abi? Paranoid!

You came to Nigeria to see her cos you wanted to marry her. Dont act like you were doing her a favour!

I don't want to marry her we are already married. All your discussions are always gbegy.
Attitude .
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2009
Igodieo:

Thanks I appreciate this.

Thank You very much. I have one week more to spare before I give up. It is not a do or die affair.

I don't want to marry her we are already married. All your discussions are always gbegy.
Attitude .

So why are you broadcasting that you came to Nigeria 3X in a year 'because' of your wife. Hmmn! Na wa oh!  undecided
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Igodieo: 3:57pm On Oct 07, 2009
You see, he dosen't care that she misses him or thatshe thinks he dosen't treat her well enough, he just assumed her interest is in material things because that was what he offered in the first place!

I only said I came to Nigeria 3 times because of what you said above. It seems you are not following your own thread.

wahala.
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Fhemmmy: 4:18pm On Oct 07, 2009
If he is divorcing you cos of all these things, then, count yourself lucky and go to church and have a thanksgiving that she is leaving.
However, when you were dating her, did u promise her heaven on earth if you do, then, u are bound by your words.
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Igodieo: 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2009
Fhemmmy:

If he is divorcing you cos of all these things, then, count yourself lucky and go to church and have a thanksgiving that she is leaving.
However, when you were dating her, did u promise her heaven on earth if you do, then, u are bound by your words.

Thanks for your advice, Honestly I did not promise her anything. Even at the time of marriage I told her I don't have a job because of the credit crunch. She said we will manage.
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Fhemmmy: 4:59pm On Oct 07, 2009
Igodieo:

Thanks for your advice, Honestly I did not promise her anything. Even at the time of marriage I told her I don't have a job because of the credit crunch. She said we will manage.

then, that means she is done managing, so u need to direct and let her go.
managing is not for everyone.
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 07, 2009

You don't have a job but you just said you could afford what she was requesting for!
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Fhemmmy: 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2009
Ujujoan:

You don't have a job but you just said you could afford what she was requesting for!

He said, he told the wife to be then, that he had no job, not now
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Igodieo: 5:36pm On Oct 07, 2009
@ Fhemmmy
Just leave the woman alone. I think because I do respond to her thread that is why she is going on like broken record.
She hasn't got nothing important to say. I have read all her previous contributions she is simply trouble.

woooow ujujoan or whatever be you name I nor need your advice.
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Fhemmmy: 5:45pm On Oct 07, 2009
Igodieo:

@ Fhemmmy
Just leave the woman alone. I think because I do respond to her thread that is why she is going on like broken record.
She hasn't got nothing important to say. I have read all her previous contributions she is simply trouble.

woooow ujujoan or whatever be you name I nor need your advice.

Lol
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by rubi(f): 6:31pm On Oct 07, 2009
Igodieo:

Just been Married for 7 months wife files for divorce.

Reasons.
She is not getting what she wants at the right time.
I have never refused her anything but provide it when i have the means.

Latest request is a FREELANDER.
last request was a blackberry storm, which she has just got.

[b]she says she does not love me anymore.[/b]what should I do people.

The highlighted statement is striking me I have a red flag on that I can tolerate her demand but adding that statement  shocked sad Your intelligent might be played
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Igodieo: 8:35pm On Oct 07, 2009
rubi:

The highlighted statement is striking me I have a red flag on that I can tolerate her demand but adding that statement shocked sad Your intelligent might be played

Thanks for your observation. I am getting stronger with every comment.
Re: Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce by Fhemmmy: 4:07am On Oct 08, 2009
Igodieo:

Thanks for your observation. I am getting stronger with every comment.

good to hear

(1) (2) (Reply)

Debrief08, Please Dont Go. Please Come Back. / Please Help!!! I Hate My Dad... / My Baby Dad Is Taking My 2years Old Child Away From Me Pls Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.