Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,730 members, 7,831,328 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Why Are Christians Getting Deceived And Without Answers To Prayers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Christians Getting Deceived And Without Answers To Prayers? (301 Views)

Why Are Christians Quick To Jump On Muslims Threads To Criticise? / Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? / Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Christians Getting Deceived And Without Answers To Prayers? by Prismprecious(f): 8:31am On Mar 19, 2023
I have seen Christians countless times getting deceived by a pastor who saw a wrong vision over critical issues in their life or some spending months on the mountain and never getting answers from God.

Is God so hard to find? Why are Christians getting caught in the trap of deceit and lack of direction?

Know this, your pastor doesn't have the answers to your life. He also has problems. Even Elijah, the mighty prophet, couldn't see that the Shunamite woman would lose her son. That said, how can you get answers?

Ezekiel 7:26 Disaster will come upon disaster, And rumor will be upon rumor. Then they will seek a vision from a prophet, But the law will perish from the priest, And counsel from the elders.

1. Revelation

God doesn't only speak to us through visions or dreams. Revelation can come as a voice. Or knowing in your spirit what path to take. Get into the place of prayer and seek out God's will. But in instances where you receive no revelation, do you keep waiting in the place of prayer for years? This leads me to the next point.

2. Instruction

The bible says my people perish because they lack knowledge (Hosea 4:6). Through knowledge also shall the righteous be delivered (Prov 11:9).

In a situation where you didn't get a revelation, bring the word of God into action. What have been learnt from all the years of going to church? Now it's time to put it in use. Pick up your bible and find out what God says about the situation.

You can also listen to a Christian tape about it or go to church for the bible in faith that you'll get answers to your situation.

This is one of the ways God speaks to me and, unfortunately, many take the word with levity. Even when a pastor tells you a prophecy, to ensure you don't get trapped, you have to checkmate with the word of God.

But what if you don't get an instruction? Then go for Godly counsel.

3. Counsel

Do you have Godly friends and leaders? If you can't get revelation or instruction, seek Godly counsel. Speak to your leaders who are much more experienced. Reach out to someone who has been through your situation and find out how they handled it.
We are in the last days and many Christians are getting deceived in the name of vision. Save yourself the trouble by knowing God for yourself and soaking in his spirit and word.

But note that you can only be led when you've accepted Jesus. If you're not saved, say this prayer:

Lord Jesus, I accept you into my heart as my Lord and personal savior. I believe that you died and rose and that you're Lord over everything.

That's it. Congratulations!
Re: Why Are Christians Getting Deceived And Without Answers To Prayers? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:35am On Mar 19, 2023
Prismprecious:
I have seen Christians countless times getting deceived by a pastor who saw a ...

Church goers not Christians. So you have seen chruchgoers...

Christians hear directly from God churchgoers need babalawos and oracles to hear "god".

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Getting Deceived And Without Answers To Prayers? by AntiChristian: 8:41am On Mar 19, 2023
Like some pastors who saw Peter Obi directly winning the elections only for Jagaban to eventually win!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Getting Deceived And Without Answers To Prayers? by Maximus692(m): 8:48am On Mar 19, 2023
True Christians don't focus much on material things as personal gain for their faith because it's useless from the standpoint of the founder of Christianity! Matthew 6:19-21

So according to Jesus Christ all the prayers of Christians has already been answered because they're asking according to God's will! Matthew 6:6; 1John 5:14 compare to Proverbs 15:29

Those religious leaders and their followers are not Christians but materialists so their prayers has nothing to do with God!
Re: Why Are Christians Getting Deceived And Without Answers To Prayers? by CodeTemplar: 8:55am On Mar 19, 2023
AntiChristian:
Like some pastors who saw Peter Obi directly winning the elections only for Jagaban to eventually win!
There is a difference between who wins and who is declared winner. Just like there is a difference between who actually own commonwealth of nations and who the law recognises as the owners.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians Getting Deceived And Without Answers To Prayers? by paxonel(m): 9:01am On Mar 19, 2023
Deception is in all religions alike :
Christianity, Islam, Atheism, Buhdaism, Judaism, Jehovah witness(big deceivers), Harekrishina, Grail messages(in the light of lies), African and non African traditional religions, etc.

Please follow Christ, he will never deceive you

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Getting Deceived And Without Answers To Prayers? by jaephoenix(m): 9:09am On Mar 19, 2023
CodeTemplar:
There is a difference between who wins and who is declared winner. Just like there is a difference between who actually own commonwealth of nations and the law recognises as the owners.
Oh yeah, the defense has started. Christians are special. There's always have a defense no matter how dumb it is.
By the way, educate me on the bolded grin
Re: Why Are Christians Getting Deceived And Without Answers To Prayers? by jaephoenix(m): 9:10am On Mar 19, 2023
paxonel:
Deception is in all religions alike :
Christianity, Islam, Atheism, Buhdaism, Judaism, Jehovah witness(big deceivers), Harekrishina, Grail messages(in the light of lies), African and non African traditional religions, etc.

Please follow Christ, he will never deceive you
Where is he?
Re: Why Are Christians Getting Deceived And Without Answers To Prayers? by advocatejare(m): 11:31am On Mar 19, 2023
AntiChristian:
Like muhammad praying to be healed from the poisoned food he ate and Allah refused to answer him, when he was poisoned like a common rat
Re: Why Are Christians Getting Deceived And Without Answers To Prayers? by Prismprecious(f): 3:05pm On Mar 19, 2023
That's right. A true child knows his father.

Dtruthspeaker:

Church goers not Christians. So you have seen chruchgoers...

Christians hear directly from God churchgoers need babalawos and oracles to hear "god".
Re: Why Are Christians Getting Deceived And Without Answers To Prayers? by Prismprecious(f): 3:06pm On Mar 19, 2023
He is knocking to the door of your heart. Let him in.
jaephoenix:

Where is he?

(1) (Reply)

. / Protection From The Power Of The Evil Eye (part 1) / Dream Interpretation Of Seeing Cow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.