Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:37 AM

Wikileaks: Ghana President, Mills, Accuses OBJ Of Stealing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wikileaks: Ghana President, Mills, Accuses OBJ Of Stealing (1488 Views)

I Will Name My Cabinet This Month, Buhari Tells Ghana's President / Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama / Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wikileaks: Ghana President, Mills, Accuses OBJ Of Stealing by mitofag: 1:32am On Sep 17, 2011
President Mills in a 2008 interaction with officials from the United States embassy did not mince words in accusing a former President of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, of stealing from his country, an allegation he made without any basis.

A leaked US embassy cable, created on May 5 2008 with reference number 08ACCRA612 and signed by Ambassador Pamela Bridge water, made this startling revelation.

President Mills made these comments when he dined with US Ambassador Pamela Bridgewater in the company of former Ghanaian Ambassador to the United Nations and his long-time senior advisor Kofi Awoonor at the residence of the US Ambassador.

According to the cable, “Mills waxed lyrical at the behaviour of some African leaders -- Obasanjo of Nigeria received strong criticism for stealing from his country.”

Mills, however, provided no basis for his allegations, probably a concerted ploy by the NDC in the run up to the 2008 elections to accuse everyone in government of perpetuating corruption without any basis or proof.

To register his displeasure Mills stated that “if elected, I would re-name the major Accra thoroughfare President Kufuor named Olesegun Obasanjo Way.”

President Mills then charged on South African, neighbour's of Zimbabwe, for their non-involvement in the affairs of Zimbabwe, or better still for adopting the mantra “Dzi wo fie asem”, a slogan Mills hypocritically adopted during the Ivorian crisis.

President Mills was perplexed by the inaction exhibited by Zimbabwe's neighbours in opting not to “put pressure on President Robert Mugabe to leave office” after the latter clung on to power in an election which the international community deemed he had lost.

Surprisingly, President Mills then attacked opposition leader, Morgan Tsvangirai describing him as not being a viable alternative, one who cannot be trusted and a man who lacks credibility. He then went on to propose that “someone else must be selected soon to lead Zimbabwe”.

In a show of love and warming himself towards his American hostess, President Mills noted that "Americans are my greatest friends" and signed off with a broad smile.
Re: Wikileaks: Ghana President, Mills, Accuses OBJ Of Stealing by koruji(m): 1:44am On Sep 17, 2011
Somebody better not come here telling me how bad it is that the West gives African leaders no respect. See why now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost all of them, in the presence of their "masters", become loose lips, singing like canneries in betrayal of each other.

Yesterday, it was Atiku trying to curry favor by telling the Americans in 2005 not to be surprised if OBJ dropped dead "tomorrow".

I can't wait to hear what names OBJ called these people in front of the Ambassador.
Re: Wikileaks: Ghana President, Mills, Accuses OBJ Of Stealing by okadaman2: 2:11am On Sep 17, 2011
Of course OBJ is not a thief, he built his Ota Farm with his soldier salary grin

. . . And his Bata shoe company shares grin
Re: Wikileaks: Ghana President, Mills, Accuses OBJ Of Stealing by Yeske2(m): 2:28pm On Sep 17, 2011
Come to think of it, if the allegation was true, would you be surprised?
Re: Wikileaks: Ghana President, Mills, Accuses OBJ Of Stealing by ektbear: 9:03pm On Sep 17, 2011
heh, interesting

OBJ probably stole enormous amounts of money. However, I doubt Mills has any hard evidence of this.

As jigga said recently though:
"If you put crabs in a barrel to insure your survival \ You gon end up pulling down niggas that look just like you"

Dunno what is up with this Mills dude  undecided
Re: Wikileaks: Ghana President, Mills, Accuses OBJ Of Stealing by strangest(m): 8:33am On Sep 18, 2011
wikileak do dey get time dey leak what everyone is aware of even mills sef,na criminal,
Re: Wikileaks: Ghana President, Mills, Accuses OBJ Of Stealing by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 18, 2011
Both wikileak and ata mills vnt said anything new cos every1 already knws that oby nvr stoled but just dnt knw y tins dey loss anywere him go. If u get to ota, u will see alot of missing items but he nvr stoled them, they jst miss and head to ota.

(1) (Reply)

, / Gej Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery / The Strength Of Our Police Force!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.