Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

From End Sars To This: Will The Youth Ever Act As One ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From End Sars To This: Will The Youth Ever Act As One ? (566 Views)

Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) / Deploy Dissolved SARS To Borno - Zulum Tells FG / MURIC: Hanan Buhari Flying On Presidential Jet Is An Inspiration To The Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From End Sars To This: Will The Youth Ever Act As One ? by ObalaEmma: 3:43pm On Mar 19, 2023
This should have been a very long post but let me put it into question.

1. End Sars reform simply started as Nigerian youths against extortion from the Nigerian Police force. But as soon as it quite down, the narrative changed to "Igbos we're trying to destroy Lagos? "
That killed any ambitions to push further as one.
Today the South East taking a Larger failure of the failed reforms and tribe blame.

2. The Nlc which is the protest arm of older Nigerian citizens simply became a faction group that fought against itself. Today there is no incentive to protest against the bad government from the Nigerian masses and you think the suppression of such alien rights won't surface in other areas?

3. Lack of demanding anything from this Buhari government is the reason we wake up every day to stand under the sun to withdraw 5k-10 without knowing when such torture will end.

4. A time came when Ruga and other issues made the South one. Amotekun was created for such a purpose. The question is, Has this problem been solved or do we simply want to weaken ourselves before the next Ruga issue comes up?

5. The whole effort by Nigerians to demand a better country has turned to Igbos saying "Lagos is a no man's Land". The question is, Will Lagos ownership deliver the rest of Nigerian youths and tribes from the mentality that kept this country a country of few?

6. Can we survive as a region or as a country if we simply can't protest on the streets and with our votes?

How can the youth and deprived speak with one mind again in the country?

1 Like

Re: From End Sars To This: Will The Youth Ever Act As One ? by PlayerMeji: 3:48pm On Mar 19, 2023
For ENDSARS that year... Didn't our brothers in the East say he no concern them...?
Re: From End Sars To This: Will The Youth Ever Act As One ? by Tinububalls: 8:22pm On Mar 19, 2023
PlayerMeji:
For ENDSARS that year... Didn't our brothers in the East say he no concern them...?

You must be a Yoruba guy.
Even in my state everywhere hot.
So it's only in Southwest that Endsars took place?
Fools.

2 Likes

Re: From End Sars To This: Will The Youth Ever Act As One ? by XY23: 8:43pm On Mar 19, 2023
Actually, the youths (and masses) don't know they are the biggest loser in all of these. They waged a psychological warfare against us, and succeeded. Now, we can never achieve a common goal, EVER. We can't challenge them nationally, either through protests or ballot, we won't have unity of purpose as close to #Endsars. At best, agitation will be regional, against regional powers. As for Nigeria, many have given up on her.

1 Like

Re: From End Sars To This: Will The Youth Ever Act As One ? by PlayerMeji: 8:43pm On Mar 19, 2023
Your papaballs... grin grin cheesy cheesy

You are going to have a hard time adjusting to normal life since this election ended oooo...chai!

Tinububalls:

You must be a Yoruba guy.
Even in my state everywhere hot.
So it's only in Southwest that Endsars took place?
Fools.
Re: From End Sars To This: Will The Youth Ever Act As One ? by sammyj: 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2023
One as how? Do you want to hide behind the Endsars to hijack our state abi ? shocked shocked shocked
Re: From End Sars To This: Will The Youth Ever Act As One ? by Tinububalls: 8:52pm On Mar 19, 2023
PlayerMeji:
Your papaballs... grin grin cheesy cheesy

You are going to have a hard time adjusting to normal life since this election ended oooo...chai!

I never voted because I never trusted the system.
But this election is a win-win for the Igbo tribe.
You will know with time.
Re: From End Sars To This: Will The Youth Ever Act As One ? by helinues: 8:58pm On Mar 19, 2023
Tinububalls:

You will know with time.

You won't be vindicated with any evil wishes this time.

Know that and have peace
Re: From End Sars To This: Will The Youth Ever Act As One ? by PlayerMeji: 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2023
Good to know that someone is seeing it in another light...

That's the spirit, my friend... let's build bridges, not war chests...

Tinububalls:

You will know with time.
Re: From End Sars To This: Will The Youth Ever Act As One ? by Tinububalls: 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
PlayerMeji:
Good to know that someone is seeing it in another light...

That's the spirit, my friend... let's build bridges, not war chests...

If you want a bridge, a bridge you will get. If you want war, we are suicidal already.
Re: From End Sars To This: Will The Youth Ever Act As One ? by PlayerMeji: 9:09pm On Mar 19, 2023
What do you want?

Tinububalls:

If you want a bridge, a bridge you will get. If you want war, we are suicidal already.
Re: From End Sars To This: Will The Youth Ever Act As One ? by Tinububalls: 9:14pm On Mar 19, 2023
PlayerMeji:
What do you want?

You are the one complaining about colonisation, so the question is directed to you.
As for me, I'm in my state, minding my business.
Re: From End Sars To This: Will The Youth Ever Act As One ? by PlayerMeji: 9:20pm On Mar 19, 2023
I knew you will evade the question like a plague... and I don't blame you, lots of people cannot really answer that question especially from the South East... what exactly do we want...?

The moment you can answer this question... you have opened yourself to a bridge of endless possibilities
Dont be surprised that people who didn't vote Peter Obi today may eventually vote for you... if you can get the question right...

For us Yoruba people, we have made a statement this year...
We have said...

Tinububalls:

You are the one complaining about colonisation, so the question is directed to you.
As for me, I'm in my state, minding my business.

1 Like

Re: From End Sars To This: Will The Youth Ever Act As One ? by Tinububalls: 9:25pm On Mar 19, 2023
PlayerMeji:
I knew you will evade the question like a plague... and I don't blame you, lots of people cannot really answer that question especially from the South East... what exactly do we want...?

The moment you can answer this question... you have opened yourself to a bridge of endless possibilities
Dont be surprised that people who didn't vote Peter Obi today may eventually vote for you... if you can get the question right...

For us Yoruba people, we have made a statement this year...
We have said...

Before now I used to preach to people of an United southern Nigeria. But now all tribes should decide their fate.
Re: From End Sars To This: Will The Youth Ever Act As One ? by ObalaEmma: 10:01am On Mar 20, 2023
sammyj:
One as how? Do you want to hide behind the Endsars to hijack our state abi ? shocked shocked shocked
Your state, where u live like a slave.
Re: From End Sars To This: Will The Youth Ever Act As One ? by ObalaEmma: 10:03am On Mar 20, 2023
PlayerMeji:

Where did you get this from ?

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland, Please Stop Featuring Audio Tapes By Public Figures On NL / APC Are Smart / Peter Obi Is Still Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.