Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,813 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Edo Election: I Stopped Them Not To Rig; Their Thugs Attacked Me-ultimate Equal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election: I Stopped Them Not To Rig; Their Thugs Attacked Me-ultimate Equal (227 Views)

Woman Goes Back To Vote After Thugs Attacked Her With Bottle At Polling Unit / APC Thugs Attacked Us With Cutlasses, Smashed Our Phones – Obidients / Thugs Attacked Seyi Makinde In Lokoja (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Edo Election: I Stopped Them Not To Rig; Their Thugs Attacked Me-ultimate Equal by Thepointer: 4:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
Famous human rights activist and President of One Love Foundation, Chief Dr. Patrick Osagie Eholor otherwise known as the Ultimate equal, was attacked by thugs yesterday while witnessing the collation of election results in Urhokpota, Benin City.

“what is honourable about a man who wants to be elected into the house of assembly, then steals a ballot box?
What is honourable about a sitting governor who people refer to as Excellency? What is excellent about a thief? “
These were the words of the Ultimate equal as he lamented the electoral process in Benin City yesterday.
Dr. Patrick while addressing Journalists at his residence in Benin City today, described the incident as a show of shame and retrogression in Nigerian political industry.

Eholor addressed the viral video of MC Oluomo threatening Igbo’s in Lagos and questioned national unity.
According to him, INEC and the police failed Nigerians. What is the use of their existence if the police can not protect lives and property? He asked.
He recounted the event at his polling unit yesterday in Ovia North East, where the Chief of Staff to Edo State Governor, Osaigbovo Iyoha was trying to intimidate a voter, he said he quickly intervened and called the excellent Director of State Security Service to report the incident, which she swiftly responded to my call by sending in her men in less than 5 minutes. But on their arrival, Osaigbovo and his cohorts disappeared into thin air.
“After the collations, the results were taken to Urhokpota and labour party was winning overwhelmingly. But the results were being changed in the presence of the police. I kicked against this strongly.
This is more than kidnapping, this is our future at stake. Before I could say Jack! Osaigbovo Iyoha authorized notorious thugs to take me out.
But thank God for the intervention of Mr. Austin Vbooth, in the midst of all these, the police stood there watching and did nothing.

I called the commissioner of police several times, he said he did not have network. I told him what was going on, he promised to call back which never did.”
“ if you allow Criminals to make law for you, you cannot get justice. I will expose them by every means necessary and if anything happens to me, the world is already aware that Osaigbovo Iyoha is after my life
I will write to the Presidency, The Attorney General and to Canada Embassy. I will also not relent in this fight of Justice.” Patrick Stated.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Yeruba Agenda Will Not Be Asept / Gov. Sanwo-olu Rejects Court Order To Pay N5m To Cab Driver Tortured During Ends / Who Else Received This Mail From LIRS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.