Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,934 members, 7,824,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Violence Pays In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Violence Pays In Nigeria (625 Views)

Buhari Pays Hospital Bill For Armed Robbery Victim (Photos) / Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai / Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Violence Pays In Nigeria by wirinet(m): 8:01am On Sep 17, 2011
In Nigeria if you think you can get your rights by following peaceful means like going to court or even carrying out a peaceful protest, them you are wasting your time. It was the Ijaws that gave us that realization. When people like Ken saro wiwa was protesting the degradation and exploitation of their land peacefully, he was ignored and eventually killed. But the time they started unleashing violence on hapless citizens, they got more than they asked for. For example, when a common local government area was locate in an itsekiri area, they unleashed violence on the itsekiris, and the local government was quickly relocated to an Ijaw area. Then they took their agitation for resource control violent, and they were gifted the presidency on a platter of golf, even before the Igbos who had been fighting for it since independence. Now we have Boko Haram bombing and killing innocent civilians because their leader was murdered extra judicially by police officers (an everyday occurrence in nigeria, remember the Apo six, and the group gets a presidencial (representative) visit wih demand for
N100million. Who will compensate all those killed by Boko haram?

Lesson learnt; if you are aggrieved, kill,maim and if possible rapé innocent people and sharp sharp you will get what you want.
Re: Violence Pays In Nigeria by aljharem3: 8:08am On Sep 17, 2011
OP

apparently u are right but i would not encourage you to be thinking like that.

those that do this violence have paid with their life as well

that is why jungle justice is encouraged in the SW and sharia in the North

instance justice without waiting trial. Very bad
Re: Violence Pays In Nigeria by wirinet(m): 8:32am On Sep 17, 2011
In a system where justice is absent like Nigeria where people do not have confidence in the judicial process, then people resort to all type of quazi-judicial arrangements like jungle justice, Sharia, juju, etc.
Re: Violence Pays In Nigeria by jamace(m): 9:00am On Sep 17, 2011
OP
Your opinion looks uncivilized but I think in this present Nigeria, that is the way to go. angry

Our leaders break laws with reckless abandon and nothing happens to them. Our judges only punish the common criminals because they are "a nobody". Looting of public funds is now a fashion by our ogas without prosecution.

The police extort money from commuters as if it is legal. Boko Haram kills only the masses. In Jos, it is the masses that bear the brunt of the religious/ethnic strife. Report a case in the police station and you may become the accused if you have no godfather or wherewithal to settle them.
In seeking for job or political office, you must be sponsored by a godfather else forget it. It seems to me that the masses are on their own.

In fact, at times out of frustration I ask myself whether Nigeria is a jungle, where survival is for the fittest. The masses suffer in every way you can imagine while the leaders and their cronies party about in corruption without any check (I don't want to hear of EFCC or ICPC because they are toothless bulldogs).

OP may be in the same position as I am now because I just don't see justice, fair play and sense of belonging as an ordinary citizen any where in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Stampede As Bomb Scare Rattles National Assembly / What Can You Say To This?! / Nigeria Should Start Paying Walfare Packages To Unemployed Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.