Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,471 members, 7,843,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

I Will Never Congratulate Sanwo-olu For Sham Election, Says Rhodes-vivour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Never Congratulate Sanwo-olu For Sham Election, Says Rhodes-vivour (145 Views)

I Will Never Call And Congratulate Sanwo-Olu For This Sham Of An Election - GRV / Why I Will Never Congratulate Tinubu - Cardinal Onaiyekan / PDP Congratulate Sanwo-olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Never Congratulate Sanwo-olu For Sham Election, Says Rhodes-vivour by Cruztvblog: 9:23am On Mar 20, 2023
The Labour Party gubernatorial candidate for Lagos State, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, has announced that he will be challenging the Lagos state electoral results in the court of law, claiming that the recently concluded election was nothing but a sham.

“This is state-backed terrorism… Nobody has a monopoly of violence… I completely condemn the entirety of this election and I will challenge it in court,” he said.
Rhodes-Vivour affirmed that what was witnessed in the state was “state-backed terrorism”, following the countless instances of electoral violence that was aired on social media, where a lot of people were seen to be disenfranchised through thuggery and violence.

“What we saw throughout this was Agberocracy, thuggery, hooliganism at its fullest. A government by the thugs, of the thugs, for the thugs… “Elections are supposed to be a period where people come out and exercise their rights…It’s not supposed to be war.”

He claimed that other than the disenfranchisement and violence, there was a deliberate attempt by INEC to manipulate the results by saying, “This is what INEC is doing, and they are supposed to be the umpire. But fortunately, we have all our results, and we are going to challenge this evil that INEC in collaboration with the ruling party, has done to disenfranchise so many voters in Lagos state.”

“I completely condemn the entirety of this election. In every clear term, this was a sham of an election that has not been seen in Lagos since I have been born.”

He also said, “I will never call and congratulate Sanwo-Olu for this sham of an election.”
The Labour Party candidate then urged the people in power who have autonomy to speak up in condemnation of these vices. He then thanked those who came out in support to exercise their voting franchise. See more posts [url] https://cruztvblognaija.com.ng/2023/03/19/lagos-guber-i-will-never-congratulate-sanwo-olu-for-sham-election-says-rhodes-vivour/[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Dear Seun, My Account Was Unjustly Banned By your thugs cause I’m Igbo / SAD! Two Frustrated Nigerians Tear Their Nigerian Passports, Rejects Nigerian Ci / Nigerian Politician, Wife, And A Doctor Guilty Of Organ Trafficking To UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.