Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu (43810 Views)

"Ignore Rumours Of IPOB Attack On Lagos", Ohanaeze Tells Sanwo-Olu / Complete All Ambode's Projects Before Starting New Ones, Sagay Tells Sanwo-olu / Remember Us When You Become Governor — Fulani Monarch Tells Sanwo-olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by SouthSouth1914: 2:58pm On Mar 20, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
Do you really think all of us here are being paid?

The few left out are reasonable enough to know when to call it off.
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by IamAsiri: 2:58pm On Mar 20, 2023
Inhuman69:

I hate this forum , I’ll soon stop coming
This is a yoruba forum abi
Can’t you be more open with your choice of language
What are you hiding

You can stop coming. Why don't you ask what it means before flaring up? I merely responded to what I saw as an injustice meted out in my language lest I get called someone pretending to be a Yoruba.

All I said was that "a trained Yoruba person must not see truth and keep lying just because he is Yoruba and wants to protect his/her own, and that Nigeria cannot be great if we all mind our businesses and ignore the evil in the nation. Yoruba people are not greedy people and so should not be so named". I hope you are okay with the translation smiley.
We are merely tackling one another, that's all smiley.
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Subonbon(m): 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2023
Otunbakayce:
òponú, your poverty stricken being can never be anything better than falz domestic workers. You are destined to be slave just like your forebearers.
Chai you finish the idiot!!

1 Like

Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Skty: 3:00pm On Mar 20, 2023
Exceed15:

Na mouth una get ... Enu lasan lasan .. don't forget too soon dt ur oba of Lagos was chased out like chicken from his supposedly powerful abode ... Did u ever in ur wildest imagination thought it would happen? Oni yeye

He stole indomitable indomie nau. Traditionalist wen supposed to de eat pounded yam n egusi..na toddler food him drag
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Inhuman69: 3:00pm On Mar 20, 2023
IamAsiri:

You can stop coming. Why don't you ask what it means before flaring up? I merely responded to what I saw as an injustice meted out in my language lest I get called someone pretending to be a Yoruba.

All I said was that "a trained Yoruba person must not see truth and keep lying just because he is Yoruba and wants to protect his/her own, and that Nigeria cannot be great if we all mind our businesses and ignore the evil in the nation. Yoruba people are not greedy people and so should not be so named". I hope you are okay with the translation smiley.
We are merely tackling one another, that's all smiley.

Okay sorry for being agitated
I guess you were trying to communicate with your fellow yorubas
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Cromagnon: 3:06pm On Mar 20, 2023
SmartProf:
Falz used a very polished way to let an unpolished rigger know where he stands on issues of being elected. Let the Lagos rigger in chief go to Seyi Makinde for lessons on how to be re-elected in a civil manner.
E go collect certificate abi e no go collect certificate?
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Cromagnon: 3:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
Otunbakayce:
òponú, your poverty stricken being can never be anything better than falz domestic workers. You are destined to be slave just like your forebearers.
says the Person that was made to sit at home
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Godspikin: 3:08pm On Mar 20, 2023
Henry22:
A few human in the midst of hyenas.

Make him the next governor of Anambra
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by mortalincarnate(f): 3:08pm On Mar 20, 2023
helinues:
Gbenu were e soun

Omo alaileko

You better face your dead beat career

Nansense

E pain am…..
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by IamAsiri: 3:17pm On Mar 20, 2023
Inhuman69:

Okay sorry for being agitated
I guess you were trying to communicate with your fellow yorubas

Exactly! 😊
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Henry22(m): 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
Godspikin:

Make him the next governor of Anambra
I will gladly do if he has the technical know how to lead a state, I will vote him again and again cos we don't belong to the hyena packs, we are humans who think peace and progress anywhere we go.
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by chukwuibuipob: 3:35pm On Mar 20, 2023
helinues:
Gbenu were e soun

Omo alaileko

Nansense
let him carry micro and go to Mushin,surulere,Agege,Oshodi,iyana ipaja, Ajah, and announce himself
If he return in PEACE
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Abaniwealth(f): 3:37pm On Mar 20, 2023
Henry22:
Gosh! I don't know why I like this guy.. Always on truth...

1 Like

Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Abaniwealth(f): 3:38pm On Mar 20, 2023
SmartProf:
Falz used a very polished way to let an unpolished rigger know where he stands on issues of being elected. Let the Lagos rigger in chief go to Seyi Makinde for lessons on how to be re-elected in a civil manner.
Fals God bless for always saying the truth no matter what..

1 Like

Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Chochovini: 3:39pm On Mar 20, 2023
helinues:

We earn $$$ here too abi na only musicians dey earn $$$

You people too dey overrate all this broke a.ss yeyebrities wey we dey always buy drinks for clubs as they can't just afford it
. Besides music, Falz is a qualified Lawyer, called to Bar. Go and verify.
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Godspikin: 3:43pm On Mar 20, 2023
Henry22:

I will gladly do if he has the technical know how to lead a state, I will vote him again and again cos we don't belong to the hyena packs, we are humans who think peace and progress anywhere we go.

I so much love your response.

That's exactly what made GRV lose this election. He does not have the technical know how. Just go through the resume of all the front runners, you will see that most of the experience he had was as an intern

Besides his capacity, he lost because of his disposition towards Yorubas, the same people he intended to lead. Statements made by him in the past were "anti-Yoruba". It shows where his heart belongs. He never denied nor apologized for these statements, meaning he meant everything he said and he doesn't give a damn!

He was not rejected because his mother is Igbo or because his wife is Igbo. He is not the first person to contest in Yorubaland whose mother is Igbo or whose wife is Igbo. For the sake of setting the records straight, Aketi who is the governor of Ondo State has an Igbo wife, the mum of Governor Adeleke governor of Osun state was an Igbo woman. During their campaigns it was never an issue, no Yoruba man ever made it a reason why they should not be voted.

Moreso, the tribal and religious colouration that this election has been characterised with was driven majorly by the LP but that's a discussion for another day.

Those who voted SanwoOlu are not hyenas. They are people who also love peace and would like to continue the progress that the state has experienced so far under SanwoOlu rather than handover to a green horn who lacks manners and who was too arrogant to apologise.
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by willibounce1(m): 3:43pm On Mar 20, 2023
This one is always trying to form one mumu activists. In his mumu mind people didn't vote for Sanwoolu. Ashiere
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Henry22(m): 4:01pm On Mar 20, 2023
Godspikin:

I so much love your response.

That's exactly what made GRV lose this election. He does not have the technical know how. Just go through the resume of all the front runners, you will see that most of the experience he had was as an intern

Besides his capacity, he lost because of his disposition towards Yorubas, the same people he intended to lead. Statements made by him in the past were "anti-Yoruba". It shows where his heart belongs. He never denied nor apologized for these statements, meaning he meant everything he said and he doesn't give a damn!

He was not rejected because his mother is Igbo or because his wife is Igbo. He is not the first person to contest in Yorubaland whose mother is Igbo or whose wife is Igbo. For the sake of setting the records straight, Aketi who is the governor of Ondo State has an Igbo wife, the mum of Governor Adeleke governor of Osun state was an Igbo woman. During their campaigns it was never an issue, no Yoruba man ever made it a reason why they should not be voted.

Moreso, the tribal and religious colouration that this election has been characterised with was driven majorly by the LP but that's a discussion for another day.

Those who voted SanwoOlu are not hyenas. They are people who also love peace and would like to continue the progress that the state has experienced so far under SanwoOlu rather than handover to a green horn who lacks manners and who was too arrogant to apologise.

What ever GRV said is left for him to deal with cos he knows what he said and why he said it but for the bolded above I strongly disagree with you on that reasons been It's not LP that employed the services of criminals to intimidate lagosians up to an extent that if you looking somehow well kept and healthy they automatically tag you Igbo, that was the height of Thier insensitivity during the pols and at some point some Yorubas where even wounded just cos they looked Igbo😊, so you blaming LP Is totally wrong.
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 4:15pm On Mar 20, 2023
helinues:
Gbenu were e soun

Omo alaileko

Nansense

He has career and a lawyer. Which career do you have and profession if not Bigotry and tribalism with envy.

What you celebrate you attract.
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Godspikin: 4:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
Henry22:

What ever GRV said is left for him to deal with cos he knows what he said and why he said it but for the bolded above I strongly disagree with you on that reasons been It's not LP that employed the services of criminals to intimidate lagosians up to an extent that if you looking somehow well kept and healthy they automatically tag you Igbo, that was the height of Thier insensitivity during the pols and at some point some Yorubas where even wounded just cos they looked Igbo😊, so you blaming LP Is totally wrong.

Well, I said it's a story for another day, but since you quoted me with the bolded I have to respond.

When campaigns started, Peter Obi was going from one church to the other seeking the votes of the church members. That in itself would not have been bad if he was also visiting the Mosques with the same energy he was visiting the churches. I never for once saw him visit any Mosque. He was also going to these churches with one message, NO TO MUSLIM-MUSLIM TICKET.

After all, he wants to be elected President of Nigeria. Nigeria is a country that has christians, Muslims, atheists and traditional religion worshippers. Does it mean he only wanted to be President of the Christians?? Please note, I am a Christian before some people tag me Yoruba Muslim and for me I would not mind voting for a Babalawo if I am convinced he is capable of solving the myriads of problems bedevilling this nation or at least a significant part of it. I would rather vote for a tolerant Muslim than for an extremist Christian. Religious extremism is not limited to those of the Islamic faith

That's the religious angle and colouration LP gave this election.

When it comes to tribalism in this election, I think anyone who looks closely at the data would know where to point accusing fingers.

When you juxtapose the voting data or the voting pattern of the Southwest for example with that of the South East you will see nothing but pure tribal sentiments playing out in the South east.

In the south west Atiku won in Osun, Labour won in Lagos and in the south west states of Ondo, Ekiti and Ogun where both PDP and Labour party did not win they had significant number of votes and that's the same trend in the other geopolitical zones, same can not be said of the south east where LP ensured their kinsman Obi got 85% or more while the other tribes shared the paltry 15% or less in some states, by appealing to tribal sentiments.

That's how it played out and any sane person who wants to be honest and analyse with data rather than emotions and sentiments can not conclude that the Yorubas were tribalistic with how they voted.

About the criminals harrasing people as much as I do not support such, I think what responsible citizens should do is to call for the prosecution of those arrested. Thugs were arrested not just in Lagos alone, mind you. In Enugu I read online that 140thugs were arrested in a location alone. Hooliganism anywhere should be condemned. We should not be selective in our condemnation of such acts.

1 Like

Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Henry22(m): 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2023
Godspikin:

Well, I said it's a story for another day, but since you quoted me with the bolded I have to respond.

When campaigns started, Peter Obi was going from one church to the other seeking the votes of the church members. That in itself would not have been bad if he was also visiting the Mosques with the same energy he was visiting the churches. I never for once saw him visit any Mosque.

After all, he wants to be elected President of Nigeria. Nigeria is a country that has christians, Muslims, atheists and traditional religion worshippers. Does it mean he only wanted to be President of the Christians?? Please note, I am a Christian before some people tag me Yoruba Muslim

That's the religious angle and colouration LP gave this election.

When it comes to tribalism in this election, I think anyone who looks closely at the data would know where to point accusing fingers.

When you juxtapose the voting data or the voting pattern of the Southwest for example with that of the South East you will see nothing but pure tribal sentiments playing out in the South east.

In the south west Atiku won in Osun, Labour won in Lagos and in the south west states of Ondo, Ekiti and Ogun where both PDP and Labour party did not win they had significant number of votes and that's the same trend in the other geopolitical zones, same can not be said of the south east where LP ensured their kinsman Obi got 85% or more while the other tribes shared the paltry 15% or less in some states, by appealing to tribal sentiments.

That's how it played out and any sane person who wants to be honest and analyse with data rather than emotions and sentiments can not conclude that the Yorubas were tribalistic with how they voted.

That's Is where you totally got it wrong, the very first party to use religion as a tool for the elections was no other than the APC when they fielded Thier Muslim-muslim ticket and coming to tell Nigerians that it's about competency does it mean that there wasn't a northern christian that was qualified enough for the post of a VP?, Now LP itself had a Christian candidate and a Muslim VP that combination alone speaks for itself, while obi was campaigning in the churches datti was doing doing same in the mosque now that's the balance, obi won't campaign in the churches and still move to the mosques when he has a Muslim candidate who can also do same.

Well let's not eat our pillows pretending it's bread, we all know what happened when the elections came and which has been widely condemned both locally and in the international community.
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Godspikin: 4:49pm On Mar 20, 2023
Henry22:

That's Is where you totally got it wrong, the very first party to use religion as a tool for the elections was no other than the APC when they fielded Thier Muslim-muslim ticket and coming to tell Nigerians that it's about competency does it mean that there wasn't a northern christian that was qualified enough for the post of a VP?, Now LP itself had a Christian candidate and a Muslim VP that combination alone speaks for itself, while obi was campaigning in the churches datti was doing doing same in the mosque now that's the balance, obi won't campaign in the churches and still move to the mosques when he has a Muslim candidate who can also do same.

Well let's not eat our pillows pretending it's bread, we all know what happened when the elections came and which has been widely condemned both locally and in the international community.

It appears you and I will never agree on the religion issue, we don't have to.

Bottom line, what I am saying is that Muslim-Muslim ticket should not be a threat to anyone if we are a serious nation. It is not only christians and Muslims that we have in Nigeria and officially Nigeria is a secular state. Unfortunately it was the LP that blew it out of proportion.

What should matter is development. For Tinubu who decided to go that path it was purely strategic and not emotional or religious and the results has shown that it worked for him.

Jonathan was a Christian president, there was nothing particular that I gained from that government because I was a Christian. Buhari is a Muslim, there is nothing in particular that my Muslim friends gained because of their faith.

Bring a Babalawo that performs and improves the economy, everyone will experience positive improvement in their lives not because they belong to the faith of the president but because of the positive vibes in the ecosystem.

That's my idea and that's my take on it.
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 5:05pm On Mar 20, 2023
What is wrong with this guy without home training.
Maxymilliano:
Popular Nigerian musician and actor, Folarin Falana popularly known as Falz has said the Governor of Lagos State, Sanwo-Olu was not elected but selected himself.

The singer made this known in a response to an appreciation tweet by the re-elected governor.

https://twitter.com/falzthebahdguy/status/1637729726511849472?t=nfFyGrkAiXInjKD8clRqdQ&s=19
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Henry22(m): 5:15pm On Mar 20, 2023
Godspikin:

It appears you and I will never agree on the religion issue, we don't have to.

Bottom line, what I am saying is that Muslim-Muslim ticket should not be a threat to anyone if we are a serious nation. It is not only christians and Muslims that we have in Nigeria and officially Nigeria is a secular state. Unfortunately it was the LP that blew it out of proportion.

What should matter is development. For Tinubu who decided to go that path it was purely strategic and not emotional or religious and the results has shown that it worked for him.

Jonathan was a Christian president, there was nothing particular that I gained from that government because I was a Christian. Buhari is a Muslim, there is nothing in particular that my Muslim friends gained because of their faith.

Bring a Babalawo that performs and improves the economy, everyone will experience positive improvement in their lives not because they belong to the faith of the president but because of the positive vibes in the ecosystem.

That's my idea and that's my take on it.

Yes we might not actually come to an agreement on this maybe because we are all looking at it from two different perspective, I never said anything about religion you were the one who started it by blaming LP that obi campaigned in churches (which did not go down well with you), then I ask you the man who told us before our faces that his out for competency, does it mean there was no christian in the north central or even in the core north competent enough for the position of the VP?, And you go fetch a man with terrorism stains on him and tell me that's the most competent?, Even a few number of Muslim clerics openly condemned it.

Yes we all want a working Nigeria but in as much as we want that it is also paramount that we respect one another and not look at a section as not qualified, what the APC did was a slap on the face of the Nigerian christian community as a whole, if he had not used that word "competent" in choosing his VP then believe me I won't say anything but him coming out to tell Nigerians that he chose his VP on the basis of competency?......haaaaa, except you ain't seeing what am seeing and I well appreciate the stand of some christian leaders who also openly condemned that action of his.
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Tommydare(m): 5:16pm On Mar 20, 2023
You go old. Na person wey ball dey him leg na him camera dey follow.
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Tommydare(m): 5:26pm On Mar 20, 2023
No be only hyenas. People voted with their heart for anybody they like. Either election was rigged or not a lot of people voted for sanwo-olu. And lagos is not the only place election was rigged. It was rigged everywhere.
Abaniwealth:

Gosh! I don't know why I like this guy.. Always on truth...
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by floret23(f): 5:52pm On Mar 20, 2023
Henry22:

No, actually from the way you talk I will say that what ever region you come from is a jungle full of hyenas...... drooling hyenas.
You are a little hyena in this jungle. A dangerous tribalist.
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by TheGift: 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
helinues:
Gbenu were e soun

Omo alaileko

Nansense
Another small-minded tribal bigot spotted!
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by treelz(m): 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
He is inciting the public by misleading the naive now o but very soon he will carry his father to go and beg again. The Lagos Police command should immediately invite him to come prove his allegation before his lawless action is ignored.

Everyone he supported lpst yet still not humble. Las las you will quit music and join politics imstead of your keypad activism on twitter so you can be another Banky W to be beaten black and blue at the polls. Awon twitter keypad warriors.
check my signature for free stuffs!

How do you promote lies and corruption with bareface??
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by OYEDIPE(m): 7:36pm On Mar 20, 2023
Henry22:
Awon Iyalaaya e hyenas.
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by Henry22(m): 8:12pm On Mar 20, 2023
floret23:
You are a little hyena in this jungle. A dangerous tribalist.

Last time I checked I did not classify anyone based on Thier fresh and well kept looks😆, hyenas from the other side did it.
Re: You Were Not Re-elected, You Selected Yourself, Falz Tells Sanwo-olu by rafcrown(m): 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2023
BAD BELLY COMMENT. YOU CAN SELECT YOURSELF TOO AND GO TO ALAUSA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold / Ize-Iyamu Picks Gani Audu As Running Mate / Femi Fani-Kayode On Sunday Igboho: No One Can Stand Against The New Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.