Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

20M Naira Business Ideas With Good Returns In Abuja Rivers Benue Or Niger State - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 20M Naira Business Ideas With Good Returns In Abuja Rivers Benue Or Niger State (889 Views)

We Provide China's Bank Card, And RMB Exchange For Naira Business. / Secret Way To Open A Zero Naira Business Account In Nigeria / Are You Interested In This Multimillion Naira��� Business ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20M Naira Business Ideas With Good Returns In Abuja Rivers Benue Or Niger State by joebeckz(m): 1:36pm On Mar 20, 2023
Good day All.

I would like to gather ideas that 20 million naira can fund in the states mentioned above where the investor have a base already.
Ideas should be physical businesses that one can manage directly.

Ideas already in investors mind are :

1- Poultry farming (layers)
Pros: Good return in long term
Cons: high risk and excessively time consuming.
Therefore Undecided about it for now.

2- Event center (500- 1000 capacity)
Pros : Good passive income with little stress.
Cons: Capital intensive, the 20 million won't be able to set up to finish plus equipment purchase like air conditioners, chandeliers, Mikano generator (5M- 6.5M)BUT investor owns a two plots of lands each in Niger and Benue states already should he opt for this.
Do we have architects and building engineers that can estimate this project and execute with the amount made available?
If Yes, please quote me.

3- Table water /Bottle Water factory.
Pros: Market always available & good ROI.
Cons: unknown for now. Any idea if the budgeted amount can set this business up?

You can also share other ideas that you think is best for the budget or slightly above the budget.

Funding: Investor plans to sell a property to start up a business as the property is not bringing in any income.
He believes having a running business that could turn an empire in the future could afford him a better house in the future.
He plans to rent a place to live after selling property and would pay upfront for 3 years annual rent to focus on the business he decides to go into as living in his own house without having an income other than salary is a No No.
He doesn't mind quiting his job to focus fully on his investment. The job pay isn't fantastic to fear leaving and the amount of time he puts in the job when channeled to his own business will make the difference.

The property will actually birth way above the 20 million but he doesn't want to put all into one business. So he choose to use only around 20 million so as to remain liquid.

Please post other ideas or talk about the ideas in the investors head already.

Thank you.
Re: 20M Naira Business Ideas With Good Returns In Abuja Rivers Benue Or Niger State by joebeckz(m): 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
Re: 20M Naira Business Ideas With Good Returns In Abuja Rivers Benue Or Niger State by Chinaza0g3: 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2023
Agriculture is never a bad business idea no matter your capital

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20M Naira Business Ideas With Good Returns In Abuja Rivers Benue Or Niger State by We4all: 5:00pm On Mar 20, 2023
joebeckz:
Good day All.

I would like to gather ideas that 20 million naira can fund in the states mentioned above where the investor have a base already.
Ideas should be physical businesses that one can manage directly.

Ideas already in investors mind are :

1- Poultry farming (layers)
Pros: Good return in long term
Cons: high risk and excessively time consuming.
Therefore Undecided about it for now.

2- Event center (500- 1000 capacity)
Pros : Good passive income with little stress.
Cons: Capital intensive, the 20 million won't be able to set up to finish plus equipment purchase like air conditioners, chandeliers, Mikano generator (5M- 6.5M)BUT investor owns a two plots of lands each in Niger and Benue states already should he opt for this.
Do we have architects and building engineers that can estimate this project and execute with the amount made available?
If Yes, please quote me.

3- Table water /Bottle Water factory.
Pros: Market always available & good ROI.
Cons: unknown for now. Any idea if the budgeted amount can set this business up?

You can also share other ideas that you think is best for the budget or slightly above the budget.

Funding: Investor plans to sell a property to start up a business as the property is not bringing in any income.
He believes having a running business that could turn an empire in the future could afford him a better house in the future.
He plans to rent a place to live after selling property and would pay upfront for 3 years annual rent to focus on the business he decides to go into as living in his own house without having an income other than salary is a No No.
He doesn't mind quiting his job to focus fully on his investment. The job pay isn't fantastic to fear leaving and the amount of time he puts in the job when channeled to his own business will make the difference.

The property will actually birth way above the 20 million but he doesn't want to put all into one business. So he choose to use only around 20 million so as to remain liquid.

Please post other ideas or talk about the ideas in the investors head already.

Thank you.

You sabi talk sha. Why not research about rice business? I hear it's very lucrative.
Re: 20M Naira Business Ideas With Good Returns In Abuja Rivers Benue Or Niger State by joebeckz(m): 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
Chinaza0g3:
Agriculture is never a bad business idea no matter your capital
Animal production or crops?
Kindly specify.
Re: 20M Naira Business Ideas With Good Returns In Abuja Rivers Benue Or Niger State by joebeckz(m): 5:21pm On Mar 20, 2023
We4all:

You sabi talk sha. Why not research about rice business? I hear it's very lucrative.
Ahh rice farming...
Farming and milling the rice after harvest?
Will have to research the cost of milling.
A ton of thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Re: 20M Naira Business Ideas With Good Returns In Abuja Rivers Benue Or Niger State by owoblow77: 6:11pm On Mar 20, 2023
I will offer a sincere advise based on what has worked and is still working for me. So my response is subjective i.e. based on my own personal experiences. I did all that I'm about to share. I assume that you have not run a business before.
The first rule is never to lose money, or safe guard your capital as much as possible. Don't let people know that you have such amount & don't show off.
1. Take 20% from the sale of your house and invest in a new plot(s) of low cost land. In an area that has not seen much development. That is for the future.
2. Take the remaining 80% and invest in FGN bonds for at least 1 year. I don't know what the rate is now. 10% 0f 20M is 2M. I'll come back to the 2M later. The minimum period of 1 year will allow your brain to settle down and get rid of any excitement that comes with such huge amount. In that 1 year period, go and do APPRENTICESHIP at the business that you're interested in. If possible do it for free and be HUMBLE to your boss. The skills you'll learn will stay with you for life. Find out how to run that business with a small capital. You mentioned bottled water production, poultry, etc instead of buying the equipment, lease an abandoned one that is still in good condition. Your capital is that 2M from the FGN bond. If you lose it, you'll get another one if you do the bond again. Your 20M capitl is thus protected.
3. If you decide that you don't want the FGN bonds route, then divide your 16M (after investing the 20% in land) into 4 parts. Start your business with 4M and see. After several months, you'll know whether it's a business you can succeed in, and where to inject more capital. Please don't ever rush to add more capital to any business. It's very risky. If the venture fails, you've only lost 4M.
The choice is yours.
Remember, in the market place, nobody is waiting for you to fail. Your succees or failure is entirely up to you. Don't ever get emotionally attached to a business or a product. Before you start, ALWAYS ask yourself how much will you lose if the business fails? Define how much you're willing to lose before you dump it. Once the loss reaches that limit, please STOP that business immediately. In 2 months time, you'll understand why you fail.
Finally, go where the money is. If you're a trader, get a shop in the market place. Never stop praying and be close to GOD or whatever divine you believe in.
Best of luck.

My lessons came after failing several times. Success is a lousy teacher. I was successful at my first attempt at trading so I thought I was special. Failures taught me the skills that I needed to succeed. Now, I'm still growing and I know that I still have a lot to learn.

3 Likes

Re: 20M Naira Business Ideas With Good Returns In Abuja Rivers Benue Or Niger State by We4all: 6:45pm On Mar 20, 2023
joebeckz:

Ahh rice farming...
Farming and milling the rice after harvest?
Will have to research the cost of milling.
A ton of thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Not necessarily farming. You will only partner with farmers to get the unmilled rice, then you handle the processing. I hear many Alhajis are into this business in the north and it's very lucrative.

2 Likes

Re: 20M Naira Business Ideas With Good Returns In Abuja Rivers Benue Or Niger State by joebeckz(m): 7:47pm On Mar 22, 2023
owoblow77:
I will offer a sincere advise based on what has worked and is still working for me. So my response is subjective i.e. based on my own personal experiences. I did all that I'm about to share. I assume that you have not run a business before.
The first rule is never to lose money, or safe guard your capital as much as possible. Don't let people know that you have such amount & don't show off.
1. Take 20% from the sale of your house and invest in a new plot(s) of low cost land. In an area that has not seen much development. That is for the future.
2. Take the remaining 80% and invest in FGN bonds for at least 1 year. I don't know what the rate is now. 10% 0f 20M is 2M. I'll come back to the 2M later. The minimum period of 1 year will allow your brain to settle down and get rid of any excitement that comes with such huge amount. In that 1 year period, go and do APPRENTICESHIP at the business that you're interested in. If possible do it for free and be HUMBLE to your boss. The skills you'll learn will stay with you for life. Find out how to run that business with a small capital. You mentioned bottled water production, poultry, etc instead of buying the equipment, lease an abandoned one that is still in good condition. Your capital is that 2M from the FGN bond. If you lose it, you'll get another one if you do the bond again. Your 20M capitl is thus protected.
3. If you decide that you don't want the FGN bonds route, then divide your 16M (after investing the 20% in land) into 4 parts. Start your business with 4M and see. After several months, you'll know whether it's a business you can succeed in, and where to inject more capital. Please don't ever rush to add more capital to any business. It's very risky. If the venture fails, you've only lost 4M.
The choice is yours.
Remember, in the market place, nobody is waiting for you to fail. Your succees or failure is entirely up to you. Don't ever get emotionally attached to a business or a product. Before you start, ALWAYS ask yourself how much will you lose if the business fails? Define how much you're willing to lose before you dump it. Once the loss reaches that limit, please STOP that business immediately. In 2 months time, you'll understand why you fail.
Finally, go where the money is. If you're a trader, get a shop in the market place. Never stop praying and be close to GOD or whatever divine you believe in.
Best of luck.

My lessons came after failing several times. Success is a lousy teacher. I was successful at my first attempt at trading so I thought I was special. Failures taught me the skills that I needed to succeed. Now, I'm still growing and I know that I still have a lot to learn.

This is an honest opinion.
I really do appreciate.
I was actually thinking poultry for a long time.
I intend employing experts to work closely with everyday.
I wouldn't mind paying a little higher to get the services of these expert for obvious reasons. (success).
While working under their tutelage, i will understand the modalities of this kind of farming.
An extra budget i am willing to sacrifice is placed aside for this purpose.
I don't mind not maximising profit when I start.
Doing it myself will maximise my profit but with a higher chance of failure that's why I will rather play safe.
The property is actually worth way way above the stated amount. I just mentioned that amount and kept the rest aside so as to avoid using all for whatever ever business.
It is good to be liquid. I could invest the other amount I didn't mention into bonds like you advised.
When the poultry starts and birds begin to lay, i will stock new birds while these experts still hold my hand but this time with little supervision from them to test my knowledge.

These are my thoughts.
Please What do you think?
Re: 20M Naira Business Ideas With Good Returns In Abuja Rivers Benue Or Niger State by Freo(m): 9:26pm On Mar 22, 2023
joebeckz:

This is an honest opinion.
I really do appreciate.
I was actually thinking poultry for a long time.
I intend employing experts to work closely with everyday.
I wouldn't mind paying a little higher to get the services of these expert for obvious reasons. (success).
While working under their tutelage, i will understand the modalities of this kind of farming.
An extra budget i am willing to sacrifice is placed aside for this purpose.
I don't mind not maximising profit when I start.
Doing it myself will maximise my profit but with a higher chance of failure that's why I will rather play safe.
The property is actually worth way way above the stated amount. I just mentioned that amount and kept the rest aside so as to avoid using all for whatever ever business.
It is good to be liquid. I could invest the other amount I didn't mention into bonds like you advised.
When the poultry starts and birds begin to lay, i will stock new birds while these experts still hold my hand but this time with little supervision from them to test my knowledge.

These are my thoughts.
Please What do you think?

You're clearly not a risk-taker so i suggest you go for catfish farming instead.

Reasons:
Part of the risks involved in poultry farming is the unavailability of feeds, high cost and adulterated feed, flu, and so on.

It applies to fish farming as well but can still be managed.

If you happen to start a poultry farm of about 1,000 layer birds and after like 20 weeks, there is an outbreak of flu, you might lose money in thousands and millions depending on your currency. If this happens, it might be difficult to bounce back.

For the catfish business, there are risks involved but not many, and can be easily managed if you know how to do things.

You are likely to lose money if any of these happen:

1. Buy low-quality fish (fish that are not from a good parent stock)
2. Use low-quality feeds for your fish
3. Rationalize feeds for your fish
4. An outbreak of diseases.

Another risk you might likely face is when you are raising your fish in earthen ponds and there is heavy rain and flood washes your fish away.

This does not happen often but when it does, it hits you big.

Conclusion

From a personal point of view who is into both businesses, I will say both poultry farming and catfish farming are profitable. No matter the agribusiness you decide to go into at the end of the day, you will surely make money from it if you play your game well.

If you are someone that has a lot of money and you are ready to take risks in life and business, then I will advise that you go for the poultry business. The risk is much, but the profit is also there.

If you will be doing a layer chicken farm, then you will be making money from it every day for more than a year and a half before disposing of them.

If you are someone that wants to just make money on the side from the agriculture business and you have little experience, space, and money, then It will be advisable to start a catfish farm.
Re: 20M Naira Business Ideas With Good Returns In Abuja Rivers Benue Or Niger State by joebeckz(m): 9:50pm On Mar 22, 2023
Freo:

You're clearly not a risk-taker so i suggest you go for catfish farming instead.

Reasons:
Part of the risks involved in poultry farming is the unavailability of feeds, high cost and adulterated feed, flu, and so on.

It applies to fish farming as well but can still be managed.

If you happen to start a poultry farm of about 1,000 layer birds and after like 20 weeks, there is an outbreak of flu, you might lose money in thousands and millions depending on your currency. If this happens, it might be difficult to bounce back.

For the catfish business, there are risks involved but not many, and can be easily managed if you know how to do things.

You are likely to lose money if any of these happen:

1. Buy low-quality fish (fish that are not from a good parent stock)
2. Use low-quality feeds for your fish
3. Rationalize feeds for your fish
4. An outbreak of diseases.

Another risk you might likely face is when you are raising your fish in earthen ponds and there is heavy rain and flood washes your fish away.

This does not happen often but when it does, it hits you big.

Conclusion

From a personal point of view who is into both businesses, I will say both poultry farming and catfish farming are profitable. No matter the agribusiness you decide to go into at the end of the day, you will surely make money from it if you play your game well.

If you are someone that has a lot of money and you are ready to take risks in life and business, then I will advise that you go for the poultry business. The risk is much, but the profit is also there.

If you will be doing a layer chicken farm, then you will be making money from it every day for more than a year and a half before disposing of them.

If you are someone that wants to just make money on the side from the agriculture business and you have little experience, space, and money, then It will be advisable to start a catfish farm.

Elaborate with precision.
I will research and consult and pray about it.
I now have 3 businesses to think and pray about. Fish, poultry and rice milling.

Any idea regarding the rice milling?
Someone suggested it earlier on this thread. I did some questioning and some persons in Abuja, Kano and nassarawa told me it is lucrative if I buy good breeds from farmers and have good packaging plus marketing. Rice will always sell once it is actually stone free, not broken and and once colored grain are separated from the white rice.

The machinery cost around 10 million naira. But before buying this. I would have been to proper milling companies to see things for myself for weeks.

You have an idea about it?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Shares Coming Out !n150 Billion / Know The Current Prices Of Nse Stocks Online / Please Great Nairalander Pls I Need Your Advice Ugently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.