Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria (21614 Views)

Dino Melaye Says Peter Obi Acted Unpresidential And Demands An Apology From Him / Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atikuโ€™s Ethnic Comment / Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Proudlyomonna: 4:20pm On Mar 20, 2023
Seun You will actually make more money if you turn your forum to bigotlandforum grin
If you truly have any plans of not indulging Tribalist then this monikers should have been deleted long ago
Manna.
Fadigha.
Esnbrutality.
Levels2.
Unclekoboko.
Shortigboman.
Gidigidi.
Helinus.
Morh247.
Morphine.
Kollinzgee.
Omenka.
Seunmsg.
Mazisimonepka.
Tinubuismad.
Emergingnation3.
Jagabanborgu.
This monikers are the nuisance spreading Tribal hate on this forum.
Oh even if you delete their account them go still open another one continue their tribal hate bcus that is what they are destined to do all the days of their lives till them go die enter grave ; grin
Na to just pack this senseless tribally bigoted hatefilled niggies throway inside sambisa forest make them go face boko/Iswap be the best option ๐Ÿ˜ since them dey charge for war actions.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Occurstaem(m): 4:20pm On Mar 20, 2023
No need to shalaye naa oga Seun.
Medicine after death. Let me remind you that, there's nothing you can do to please people. Now you've opened yourself to more insults.

In all you do, please never be like Chinedu who was insulting his people and he is aligning with people who are against the interest of his own people.

And yes, it's true.
Lagos can never be run from Anambra.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by laiperi: 4:21pm On Mar 20, 2023
Wow!

But for this single and only advert, Obi could have won.

Some people are so so silly, would hold unto a straw to survive. Ndi Ara.

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by doublewisdom: 4:22pm On Mar 20, 2023
Yorubas are shouting that Igbos should go home. grin grin grin You see that Lagos, we go share am with una forever. The earlier you accept reality the better for you all. grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 4:23pm On Mar 20, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Bros I be you guy but you see this 32k so? Nor talk am again abeg. The money itself be like insult. Instead of giving money, promote a healthy forum! There's an APC guy here we know as Corrinthian. He had to officially stop involving himself in tribalistic posts because it started affected him in real life.

You can do better Seun. If na traffic you can creatively do things that will increase traffic. We see Nairaland as our own and so do outsiders. The Naira in the land is ours. Try abeg. Nothing do you.
this is not just about apc. Seun needs to clean this forum up ASAP. Igbos have been calling yorubas terrible names for so long and yorubas have been insulting igbos too. Ogbeni se.un is just there looking.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Kingzeez10: 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2023
Kininifoods:
A big shame seun..

A big shame

No one will hold APC responsible though.. your name is soiled in the history of ethnic bigotry and tribalism.. I am Yoruba but I hold you responsible for allowing your platform to be used for such mischievous campaign..

Looks like people have finally sat you down and chastised you because until yesterday, you were still arguing about how that particular ad can cause mayhem to a targeted group.

You saw for yourself the outcome.. people who looked like Igbo sef collect.. Igbo man with APC membership wasn't spared..

History won't be kind to you and no! Apology not accepted.. your 32k donations is not the deserved justice meted out to any of the victims. Keep it!

Anytime I see "I am Yoruba but......", I know the preceding statement is going to be gibberish.

4 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Great0ne1: 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2023
Kininifoods:
A big shame seun..

A big shame

No one will hold APC responsible though.. your name is soiled in the history of ethnic bigotry and tribalism.. I am Yoruba but I hold you responsible for allowing your platform to be used for such mischievous campaign..

Looks like people have finally sat you down and chastised you because until yesterday, you were still arguing about how that particular ad can cause mayhem to a targeted group.

You saw for yourself the outcome.. people who looked like Igbo sef collect.. Igbo man with APC membership wasn't spared..

History won't be kind to you and no! Apology not accepted.. your 32k donations is not the deserved justice meted out to any of the victims. Keep it!

My dear, let by gones be gone. Our target must be to recover power from the evil politicians that is trying to use ethnicity and bigotry to divide us. We should not allow this to happen. We must be united to win this battle. If tinubu really cares about an average yoruba man, he would have stepped down for osinbajo, who is far more qualified and younger. We should not let them use tribe to divide us. WE MUST STAY UNITED AND RECOVER OUR STOLEN MANDATE.

2 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 4:26pm On Mar 20, 2023
Proudlyomonna:
Seen You will actually make more money if you turn your forum to bigotlandforum grin
If you truly have any plans of not indulging Tribalist then this monikers should have been deleted long ago
Manna.
Fadigha.
Esnbrutality.
Levels2.
Unclekoboko.
Shortigboman.
Gidigidi.
Helinus.
Morh247.
Morphine.
Kollinzgee.
Omenka.
Seunmsg.
Mazisimonepka.
Tinubuismad.
Emergingnation3.
Jagabanborgu.
This monikers are the nuisance spreading Tribal hate on this forum.
Oh even if you delete their account them go still open another one continue their tribal hate bcus that is what they are destined to do all the days of their lives till them go die enter grave ; grin
Na to just pack this senseless tribally bigoted hatefilled niggies throway inside sambisa forest make them go face boko/Iswap be the best option ๐Ÿ˜ since them dey charge for war actions.
you forgot the igbos insulting yorubas. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Oya update ur list and show u have sense.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by jimyjames(m): 4:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
HardMirror:
you must be stupid. You think you can indirectly insult yorubas. Yes thugs were stoping fresh people from voting. The reason is they think woke people including woke yorubas did not by into their agenda. It is as simple as that. Those thugs do not represent us, they are the bad eggs among the yorubas just as you are one of the bad eggs among igbos
But the people that called Gbadebo an igbo trying to take over Lagos and give it to Igbos were not thugs , they are well educated Yoruba's like femi fani kahode , tinubu himself went to south east for campaign and said obi ran away from anambra to live in the lagos he built , he said same thing in cross river about their governor

5 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Scientheosopher(m): 4:30pm On Mar 20, 2023
Fira09:

That's 32K

To gain what exactly?
You can up it. I believe Seun will mention your name during donation.

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by ProphetM0hammad: 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2023
Fira09:

That's 32K

To gain what exactly?

Baba dey troll ibos you sef fall for am
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2023
jimyjames:

But the people that called Gbadebo an igbo trying to take over Lagos and give it to Igbos were not thugs , they are well educated Yoruba's like femi fani kahode , tinubu himself went to south east for campaign and said obi ran away from anambra to live in the lagos he built , he said same thing in cross river about their governor
ffk is a fool. Every sensible yoruba is fed up of the guy. Stop listening to stupid people. Both igbos and yorubas are guilty in this matter. When someone apologies like se.un did, it should be welcomed, cos that is the only way forward. Stop playing victim as if igbos have no fault.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Kpatakpata: 4:34pm On Mar 20, 2023
You supported the evil that brought into our politics by giving them your platform. Hope when they come for you, you will not cry to us. Today is Igbo, tomorrow could be you and your platform.

5 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by ProphetM0hammad: 4:34pm On Mar 20, 2023
doublewisdom:
Yorubas are shouting that Igbos should go home. grin grin grin You see that Lagos, we go share am with una forever. The earlier you accept reality the better for you all. grin grin grin

You can stay there for as long as you want, so far you don't cross your boundaries

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 20, 2023
Seun, when are you going to apologize to Northerners here on nairaland for all the hate speech against them?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by ChatterHouse: 4:37pm On Mar 20, 2023
HardMirror:
hahahaha. Look at this idiot trying to milk the situation. It is not your fault. What a stupid animal you are. Someone humbled himself to admit his mistake and this is the trash you come up with. God punish you.
let you laughter of 3 million death children be your portion Forever
As you laugh at their death let yours be painful an excruciating slow
May you find yourself where your tribe and bigotry will consume you amin

May your tribe person be your constant pain
Ya Allah kainuwa dashen maka har abada

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by rummmy: 4:38pm On Mar 20, 2023
After the damage have been done...
That one concern you..
Others can accept but for me...
Let me not say what is in my mind.

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Slynation(m): 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2023
doublewisdom:
Loud it bro... cheesy If they don't want it that way they should relocate to Oshogbo ๐Ÿ˜‚

Kunle wants Emeka to leave his mansion and lucrative business for him and go back to Anambra, we don come Lagos be say we don come Lagos...!!

Let peace reign, All of us here has less than 80years to live and leave Lagos forever, so why the hate

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Vyzz: 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2023
Seun:
Dear Igbo People,

I sincerely apologize for allowing a toxic political banner advert which said, "Lagos can never be run from Anambra; go and vote" to run on Nairaland for several hours on Wednesday, March 15, 2023.

The mischievously worded banner advert appears to have been part of an ethnically divisive political campaign aimed at securing Lagos State for the ruling party by instilling fear in Yoruba people, making them believe that Igbo people intended to "take over" Lagos State.

Such ethnically divisive political campaigns have no place in a forward-thinking democracy, and for this reason, the ad should have been taken down instantly. No harm was intended, but my lack of forethought about the ethics of that type of advert led to a disappointing outcome.

We should have had a clear policy against accepting negative and ethnically divisive ads on Nairaland, we should have communicated it to all advertisers, and we should have taken down any advert that violated that policy instantly. This will all be in place before the next election.

We made almost N16,000 from the ad. We will double it and donate it to victims of political violence in Lagos.

Please, do NOT give up on Nigeria. The times are challenging, but TOGETHER, we will overcome.

Sincerely,
Seun Osewa.

Not enough...

This is the problem we are having with the Nigerian government...

How did the banner get there and are people going to be punished?..

3 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by jimyjames(m): 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2023
HardMirror:
ffk is a fool. Every sensible yoruba is fed up of the guy. Stop listening to stupid people. Both igbos and yorubas are guilty in this matter. When someone apologies like se.un did, it should be welcomed, cos that is the only way forward. Stop playing victim as if igbos have no fault.
Like I said , I don't know se*n and I didn't see the advert his is talking about , the hate Gbadebo received from educated Yoruba's for having an igbo mother and wife is deep , the attacks Igbos an other none Yoruba's received in Lagos for wanting to vote their choice has put the entire yoruba race in a deferent light

Till now Yoruba's are happy with what happened in Lagos during the election

4 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2023
ChatterHouse:
let you laughter of 3 million death children be your portion Forever
As you laugh at their death let yours be painful an excruciating slow
hahahaha.

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by may320: 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2023
Honestly, I had thought Seun was Ibo! shocked
Most of the posts I read about him were anti-Yorubas, including the twitter ones posted here.

You're a biz man but you tolerated too much of hate speeches/posts on NL.

Seun , kindly do we'll to apologize to the Yorubas too. tongue
You denied your own cos of money. sad

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by obyrich(m): 4:42pm On Mar 20, 2023
Felabrity:
Few days apart but it was "not targeted at any tribe"
Seun is a Yorubaman. I am not disappointed.

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Dengoh(m): 4:42pm On Mar 20, 2023
That LP youth leader that called out MC olumo during Obis rally in Lagos saying na dem get Lagos, should come and apologise.

You be mumu. People like you are the reason why they boldly do these shit

5 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 4:42pm On Mar 20, 2023
jimyjames:

Like I said , I don't know se*n and I didn't see the advert his is talking about , the hate Gbadebo received from educated Yoruba's for having an igbo mother and wife is deep , the attacks Igbos an other none Yoruba's received in Lagos for wanting to vote their choice has put the entire yoruba race in a deferent light

Till now Yoruba's are happy with what happened in Lagos during the election
why dont yorubas hate adelekes. Almost allthe adelekes are married to igbos. Why dont we hate akeredolu? I supported Gbadebo to win, but it was tough for me campaigning for him cos the igbos were making it hard with their hate speeches online. Apc capitalized on that.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by udede(m): 4:45pm On Mar 20, 2023
loosecanon50:
Seun, thereโ€™s no need apologizing because the harm has already been done. Believe it or not, that ad contributed to the war that happened in Lagosโ€ฆ.the WAR they termed as election.

The only thing you can do to redeem your image it to ban outrightly, anybody who makes tribalistic/bigoted comments, or creates any topic that can stir up ethnic division or tension in your forum. Be it Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba or any other tribe. Ban them for life because this forum is becoming too toxic.

I believe I speak for the multitude.
Seun u should go ahead and relieve some of your mods their jobs. Its clear that some of them are neck deep into this shit.

3 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by excanny: 4:56pm On Mar 20, 2023
You messed up Seun.

Some of us were beginning to believe in the entity called Nigeria.

But I fully believe the society is irredeemable.

And you want to donate 32k to victims of your foolish advert? grin

You should be sued and made to pay damages running into millions in a sane society.

3 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Simplythebest: 4:57pm On Mar 20, 2023
Story for the God's. I just pity those Igbo people that will buy this your shameful apology. Well am sure majority of igbos have learned their lessons.
Seun:
Dear Igbo People,

I sincerely apologize for allowing a toxic political banner advert which said, "Lagos can never be run from Anambra; go and vote" to run on Nairaland for several hours on Wednesday, March 15, 2023.

The mischievously worded banner advert appears to have been part of an ethnically divisive political campaign aimed at securing Lagos State for the ruling party by instilling fear in Yoruba people, making them believe that Igbo people intended to "take over" Lagos State.

Such ethnically divisive political campaigns have no place in a forward-thinking democracy, and for this reason, the ad should have been taken down instantly. No harm was intended, but my lack of forethought about the ethics of that type of advert led to a disappointing outcome.

We should have had a clear policy against accepting negative and ethnically divisive ads on Nairaland, we should have communicated it to all advertisers, and we should have taken down any advert that violated that policy instantly. This will all be in place before the next election.

We made almost N16,000 from the ad. We will double it and donate it to victims of political violence in Lagos.

Please, do NOT give up on Nigeria. The times are challenging, but TOGETHER, we will overcome.

Sincerely,
Seun Osewa.

4 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by BentizilL: 4:57pm On Mar 20, 2023
Seun you're vexing us with all this your shit... angry

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by TheOldGods: 4:58pm On Mar 20, 2023
Seun:
Dear Igbo People,

Sincerely,
Seun Osewa.
There is no point, we must teach our children that Nigeria is never one. We have to teach them that Nigeria must be divided, and Biafra must be gotten at all means. There is no need anymore, during politics, then everyone knows that every tribe has access to only their state, but they are not Nigerians. Once after election, you come with tears, crying to forgive you. Never. Our children must continue fighting and know Nigeria will never be one. We must teach them that the youruba, Hausa and Fulanis hate us and they should fight them anywhere.

See me, thinking that one Nigeria could ever work, but this election has thought me. Alot.

Everyone is a lion in sheep clothing.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

D-G SSS Not Aware Of Former Nsa's Siege / "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli / Reps Order Banks To Unfreeze Patience Jonathan's Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.