Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

My Lessons From 2023 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Lessons From 2023 Elections (579 Views)

Doyin Okupe Withdraws From 2023 Race As VP To Peter Obi / Ngige Withdraws From 2023 Presidential Race (See The Letter) / I've Learnt My Lessons, Says Blood-soaked Voter Who Survived An Attack In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lessons From 2023 Elections by Abagworo(m): 10:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
1) The most detribalized and realistic Nigerians are the people of Edo State. They always stand with the truth without fear of favour.

2) There will never be a free and fair election in Nigeria where the winner of an election will reflect the true desire of the masses. It will always be about negotiation, intrigues and manipulation.

3) Nigerians will never truly love themselves and see beyond tribe and Religion especially the Yorubas of Southwest.

4) The Yorubas from other Southwestern States see Lagos as a cash cow and will do anything to prevent the real Lagos indigenes from controling the politics of their State. The so called "No Man's land" saga was a smokescreen to prevent natives from getting power and insisting that the Governors henceforth will be natives as done in every other States besides Lagos. That's why Ambode was stopped from getting a 2nd tenure and replaced with Sanwo Olu from Ogun.

5) Going out to vote in Nigeria is a total waste of time since your votes will never count.

3 Likes

Re: My Lessons From 2023 Elections by wahahlawahala: 10:30pm On Mar 20, 2023
Abagworo:
1) The most detribalized and realistic Nigerians are the people of Edo State. They always stand with the truth without fear of favour.

2) There will never be a free and fair election in Nigeria where the winner of an election will reflect the true desire of the masses. It will always be about negotiation, intrigues and manipulation.

3) Nigerians will never truly love themselves and see beyond tribe and Religion especially the Yorubas of Southwest.

4) The Yorubas from other Southwestern States see Lagos as a cash cow and will do anything to prevent the real Lagos indigenes from controling the politics of their State. The so called "No Man's land" saga was a smokescreen to prevent natives from getting power and insisting that the Governors henceforth will be natives as done in every other States besides Lagos. That's why Ambode was stopped from getting a 2nd tenure and replaced with Sanwo Olu from Ogun.

5) Going out to vote in Nigeria is a total waste of time since your votes will never count.

na everybody dey get opinions nowadays.. even the very daft ones🤭

5 Likes

Re: My Lessons From 2023 Elections by EdCure: 10:35pm On Mar 20, 2023
Cry me ezu river!

4 Likes

Re: My Lessons From 2023 Elections by christejames(m): 10:40pm On Mar 20, 2023
Na you write this thing? 😲

Abagworo? Maybe a hacked account.

3 Likes

Re: My Lessons From 2023 Elections by 22o62021: 10:50pm On Mar 20, 2023
I am now afraid of Yoruba people around me

I have acquired a long spoon

1 Like

Re: My Lessons From 2023 Elections by ObalaEmma: 11:05pm On Mar 20, 2023
You get it perfectly.
This should be repeated multiple times.

The so-called Yoroubas from outside Lagos are the one selling lands in Lagos with impunity as omoniles. They see Lagos as a free cash for them. But something changed the day I saw a community of people living together in their native house around Igando. My shock was in as much development has surrounded the area but that particular place seems like it was protected.

It was when I asked I heard they are a particular indigenes of that locality. I was like, this is Unyorouba like. A typical Yoruba would have sold that place. It was then I knew there are indigenous Yoroubas who doesn't subscribe to enterprising every part of their heritage.

1 Like

Re: My Lessons From 2023 Elections by internationalman(m): 11:17pm On Mar 20, 2023
Your number 1 is so true.

Unlike most states in this election, If LP produces a credible candidate in the next gubernatorial election in Edo State, they are definitely going to win it..

They would risk an anarchy if they try to rig it.

Even Tony Kabaka was put on house arrest in the last gubernatorial election in Edo State and the election turned out to be the most peaceful, free and fair election that has ever occured in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: My Lessons From 2023 Elections by helinues: 11:26pm On Mar 20, 2023
The Sophisticated Yoruba's is their big headache now

Anyways, people can only envy those who are doing better than them in all Ramifications

4 Likes

Re: My Lessons From 2023 Elections by kozmokaz(m): 12:00am On Mar 21, 2023
Number 1 is absolutely true

1 Like

Re: My Lessons From 2023 Elections by culf: 12:03am On Mar 21, 2023
Abagworo:

I disagree with number 1 and 2.

but I trust God, things will change in Nigeria, it may not be with these set of evil men but God will always be God.
Re: My Lessons From 2023 Elections by richie240: 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2023
Wow, so ds is d reason Igbos run away from alaigbo daily in their hundreds and see lagos as 'small london' and blv their call has bn picked by amadioha d moment they step foot in Lagos.

Intilesting!
cool
Abagworo:

1 Like

Re: My Lessons From 2023 Elections by DevilsEqual(m): 8:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
Abagworo:

I detest humans who hates to speak the truth

In Nigeria, only the Yorubas have over 45%+ Christians and Muslims yet u feel they do not see beyond religious sentiment

If its that easy, then we'd have had over 20% of Igbo/SS populations being Muslims or maybe over 40% of northern population being Christian

Your statistic lecturer did a terrible job, any human who rates opinion over facts, stats and figures has poor analytical skills...I hate unintelligent trolls

(1) (Reply)

INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV / Obi Betrayed Obidients, Quotes Me Wrong.... / Real Reason Why BAWA EFCC Boss Was Suspended (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.