Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 (33754 Views)

Zamfara Governorship Election Inconclusive - Court Of Appeal / Dauda Lawal: Is This The Most Handsome Governor In Nigeria 2023? (see Photos) / Zamfara Governorship Judgement Review: Supreme Court Fixes Date, March 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by kapelvej: 8:24am On Mar 21, 2023
rolams:
The biggest upset in 2023 Gubernatorial election.

Bello Matawalle misbehaved, miscalculated, misunderstood his people, underperformed, was ungrateful to the PDP, lacked proper political strategy and the influence of the 3 past governors is nothing to write home about.

The Zamfara people are wiser in electing their leaders, you can't buy them. The bandits killing them on a daily basis has given them enough reason to be smart with their votes.

I said it here that PDP will win Zamfara garfield disagreed. Now it has happened.
The PDP and Wike did all they could to appeared him, but he was blinde by religiou bigotry and went to the APC. Breakfast served
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by Lanre1st(m): 8:27am On Mar 21, 2023
Ebubu2:

Dare? is he yoruba?
No, he’s Agbero. Looking for Familiarity
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by perpeling22(f): 8:27am On Mar 21, 2023
Ebubu2:

Dare? is he yoruba?
He is or from a mixed family.
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by plantist: 8:28am On Mar 21, 2023
OneCandleAway:

North are a different breed. Unlike lagosians.

They are ready to fight if they say they don't want you again. It seems revolution can only happen if their youths are sensitised on Nigerian issues

You people are still pained. Your tears are refreshing.
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by davades(m): 8:30am On Mar 21, 2023
Is he a Yoruba man? Dauda Lawal Dare
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by baralatie(m): 8:30am On Mar 21, 2023
rolams:

Bello Matawalle misbehaved, miscalculated, misunderstood his people, underperformed, was ungrateful to the PDP, lacked proper political strategy and the influence of the 3 past governors is nothing to write home about.

The Zamfara people are wiser in electing their leaders, you can't buy them. The bandits killing them on a daily basis has given them enough reason to be smart with their votes.

I said it here that PDP will win Zamfara garfield disagreed. Now it has happened.
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by GhaliNaaba(m): 8:30am On Mar 21, 2023
Am not surprised.
Metawalle never won in 2019.
He was in PDP.
That mean Zamfara is politically aware.

2 Likes

Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by Emola12(m): 8:30am On Mar 21, 2023
E be like say I see DARE buh dare is a Yoruba name now
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by perpeling22(f): 8:33am On Mar 21, 2023
Throwback:

Only political babies would fall for cheap tricks.

Obi became a saint who could attack PDP, despite being on their presidential ticket in 2019.

Obi was there to correct a narration and since the system seems corrupt, he has to live to seek it elsewhere. Has obi been declared winner which is not over, you would have known decency in governance means
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by afomusa17: 8:35am On Mar 21, 2023
He was a former governorship candidate under APC and Eve won with a large margin but due to inec unable to recognized him that is what gives this their current under perform Governor. This is pay back time, this election is APC vs APC
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by unitysheart(m): 8:35am On Mar 21, 2023
Triplerg:
Was he born in APC? Do you know the how the core north values APC? That guy is very popular with the people

I'm sure he didn't win it alone without the help of some core people there. Nobody wins it alone. I agree with your stance.
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by dustmalik: 8:39am On Mar 21, 2023
Rubyjade:
The is the reason the PDP won the state in Presidential. The current governor has not done badly but doesn't not understand politics
Go and check the presidential election results again, Tinubu won with over 100k votes.

2 Likes

Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by BOLATINUBU01: 8:44am On Mar 21, 2023
ChiefS:
Yorubas have been elected governors iin Zamfara. Dare is a Yoruba man. Yoruba narrowly missed in Kaduna.
shut up he's not Yoruba
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by chemicalwasiu(m): 8:47am On Mar 21, 2023
Nobody is saying the election was rigged because PDP won
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by GeneralPula: 8:48am On Mar 21, 2023
suleimanshehu:
Congratulations. But, will the Governor-Elect stays in PDP after inauguration? Did he pull that all alone politically? Because like sokoto, Zamfara too have political shareholders. I also hoped former Governor Abdulaziz Abubakar Yari ( Shehi) didn't play a fast one against Governor Bello Matawalle & Senator Kabir Marafa ( for his inglorious role in 2019 when APC lost everything through the protracted court cases).

As they said in politics, every action of politician is politics.
It’s the reason.

The Pdp Guy is Apc Man. He’s going to defect.

Zamfara Apc doesn’t want power to be with somebody that had once betrayed them..

1 Like

Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by Bullionaire: 8:50am On Mar 21, 2023
madridguy:
Zamfara was a huge loss but only God knows wat plays out there.

Congratulations to the Governor elect.

Loss to fools like you.
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by fk001(m): 8:51am On Mar 21, 2023
Obaofaba:

You surely don't know nothern politics, the governor elect will decamp to the APC in years time.

Yari and the present governor are not in good terms and Yari explore an opportunity to deal with him. That's all.

If you checked well, the present governor is never confident of getting reelected that's why he dumped PDP to the APC trying to appease Yari but it was just not enough.

You are wrong all the 3 past governors of Zamfara are in APC and they all campaign for Matawale.

Zamfara is a PDP state by default, people are angry with matawale they voted him on PDP platform and he betrayed them by decamping to APC couple with the killing in the state

1 Like

Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by Jackson105: 8:52am On Mar 21, 2023
mrvitalis:
I think Igbos have misunderstood the North and I think north has misunderstood the Igbos too

Seems like someone intentionally did that
Outside religion Igbos and north have alot in common

Igbos need to rethink our relationship with the north

Keep fooling yourself. What do you have in common? Igbos that always reinforcing failure with your disaster politicians.

And I know that someone that intentionally did that in your mind is Yoruba o, always blaming other for your failures, that's why you guys Will always lose. Nonsense.
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by GeneralPula: 8:52am On Mar 21, 2023
Kaytixy:
the governor of zamfara state is a hardened criminal and the people are aware
Wow
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by thatigboman: 8:53am On Mar 21, 2023
Ebubu2:

Dare? is he yoruba?
na yoruba man naa. they fought him tooth and nail in court. it was appeal court that saved him
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by XAUBulls: 9:02am On Mar 21, 2023
Obaofaba:

You surely don't know nothern politics, the governor elect will decamp to the APC in years time.

Yari and the present governor are not in good terms and Yari explore an opportunity to deal with him. That's all.

If you checked well, the present governor is never confident of getting reelected that's why he dumped PDP to the APC trying to appease Yari but it was just not enough.
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by miceroms: 9:03am On Mar 21, 2023
This is the mother of all upsets.

1 Like

Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by juman(m): 9:26am On Mar 21, 2023
Lead well.

Apc won some, other parties also won some.
That show there was no rigging.
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by batb: 9:26am On Mar 21, 2023
I like this election outcome in Zamfara. Matawake was arrogant in the way he presented himself to electorate. I was hoping they will teach him a lesson and I'm glad they did!
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by suleimanshehu: 9:27am On Mar 21, 2023
No he is not, the APC candidate in 2019 was Mukhtari Shehu Idris. Either way he might likely join APC, because there seem to be unseen main APC supporters not happy with Matawalle joining there party after their devastating loss in court in 2029
afomusa17:
He was a former governorship candidate under APC and Eve won with a large margin but due to inec unable to recognized him that is what gives this their current under perform Governor. This is pay back time, this election is APC vs APC
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by Mykelinkin: 9:27am On Mar 21, 2023
Penguin2:

Sweet victory indeed.

I wish the victory of PDP in Nasarawa and Kaduna weren’t robbed 🤦

Am telling you, Nasarawa own pain me
Shittima
El-rufai
Sultan of Sokoto
Dangote are all present to manipulate this results

1 Like

Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by amnesty7: 9:28am On Mar 21, 2023
madridguy:
Zamfara was a huge loss but only God knows wat plays out there.

Congratulations to the Governor elect.
A huge gain even for the APC. Clowns ejected.
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by juman(m): 9:29am On Mar 21, 2023
afomusa17:

Hmmm
He is going to Apc.
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by suleimanshehu: 9:30am On Mar 21, 2023
thatigboman:
na yoruba man naa. they fought him tooth and nail in court. it was appeal court that saved him
Yoruba man winning election in zamfara? Dare in Hausa means "Night".
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by Luvinghubby: 9:32am On Mar 21, 2023
Obaofaba:

It wasn't because of re-election the current governor defected to APC, Federal Government told him that they will only solve insecurity in the state if he joins APC

It was all over the news back then
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by senatordave1(m): 9:32am On Mar 21, 2023
rolams:

Did atiku win there?
Re: PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 by NIGERDELTAIDOL: 9:34am On Mar 21, 2023
"I will give all Zamfara state votes to Tinubu "

And you lost your sit...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier Subjects Offender To Russian Squat Dance As Punishment (Video) / How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness / IPOB Splits Again: RE-IPOB Emerges, Sacks Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.