Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness (33752 Views)

Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi / Bolanle Raheem: Sanwo-Olu’s Delegation Visits Raheem Family / Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by FreeStuffsNG: 6:10pm On Jan 16, 2023
How my colleague killed Lagos lawyer during stop-and-search
— Police witness

A police inspector attached to the Ajah division in Lagos State, Matthew Ahmed, has testified before a court in the murder trial of Drambi Vandi, the suspended police officer accused of the murder of Raheem Bolanle, a Lagos-based lawyer.

Mr Ahmed appeared before Ibironke Harrison, a judge, at the Lagos high court, Tafawa Balewa Square (TBS) annexe, on Monday, as the first prosecution witness in the trial.

The suspended officer fatally shot Mrs Raheem, an expectant mother, on Christmas day.

The police officer is attached to the Ajiwe police division in the Ajah area of the state.

Trial

Mr Ahmed told the court that he was one of the three police officers from the division deployed to the Ajah underbridge, on 25 December.

Before his testimony, the defendant had pleaded not guilty to the one-count charge of murder filed against him by the Lagos State government.

Shortly after his plea, his colleague, Mr Ahmed, a police inspector, testified before the court as the first prosecution witness in the trial.

Narrating what happened, Mr Ahmed said he and two other police officers were deployed to Ajah underbridge on Christmas Day.

The police inspector mentioned the names of the two other police officers as Mr Ebieme and Mr Vandi, who is the defendant.

The witness said they were conducting a stop-and-search exercise when the incident happened at Ajah underbridge, adding that he was the only one unarmed in the three-man patrol team.

He said Mr Ebieme, a police inspector, stood at the front of the patrol team, while he was standing in the middle and the defendant was at the back.

“Inspector Ebieme flagged down a car (referring to the deceased husband’s car), the car did not stop, I also flagged down the car, the car did not stop for me,” he said.

“After that, the next thing I heard was a gunshot. I looked back to see what was happening, I saw a car in which the front window was falling down.

The next thing I saw was that one black woman jumped down from the vehicle. She held SUPOL Vandi and she said ‘oga, you have killed my sister’.

“The woman held him. The next thing, they entered the car and they all zoomed off.”

Dangote adbanner 728x90_2 (1)
Mr Ahmed added that he and Mr Ebieme left the scene after the deceased’s husband drove away from the scene.

He disclosed that the defendant was later brought into the Ajah police station and the three of them were asked to write statements on what transpired during the incident.

“What was the type of the car flagged down on the day of the incident,” Moyosore Onigbanjo, the attorney-general of Lagos State who is leading the prosecution team, asked.

“The car was a Toyota vehicle and it had no plate number,” Mr Ahmed responded.

“Toyota produced so many vehicles. What type of Toyota vehicle?” the attorney-general asked.

“I don’t know,” the police officer said.

“How many people were in the car when it was flagged down?” Mr Onigbanjo asked.

“I saw people in the car. I don’t know how many people were in the car because it did not stop,” Mr Ahmed said.

“Please clarify, the car does not have number plate or you did not see the number plate,”

“It had no number plate,” the police officer insisted.

The police inspector was also cross-examined by Odutola Adetokunbo, the lawyer of the defendant.

During the cross-examination, Mr Adetokunbo asked the witness to differentiate between a gunshot and a noise.

Mr Adetokunbo said the police inspector wrote in a statement that he heard a noise after he flagged down the deceased’s husband’s car.

The police inspector responded that he heard a gunshot from his back, where the defendant was standing during the patrol.

The judge granted the request of both parties to accelerate the hearing and adjourned the case to 25 and 26 January.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/576130-how-my-colleague-killed-lagos-lawyer-during-stop-and-search-police-witness.html

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by FreeStuffsNG: 6:11pm On Jan 16, 2023
Could this woman have been killed by someone else?
I hope the ballistic test of the bullet(s) extracted from her has been done.

N,B; Vandi has denied killing her on record. Eyin mob cyberbullies and ipob terrorists filled with hate and ignorance of the law, let the court justice system decide the fate of Vandi the alleged killer. Same police you hate and vilify so much is still the first you ill-mannered professional hypocrite will run to in time of trouble and when they save you, your life and family, you do not come on SM to praise the good officers among them. Let the culpability of the alleged killer of late Bolanle be proven beyond ALL reasonable doubt so that true justice is served to act as deterrent to others. Adieu Bolanle Raheem.

41 Likes

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by taylor88(m): 6:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Ask una Tinubu naa Shebi na him get Lagos

168 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by AdaojoTheUrchin: 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

What a silly question filled with buffoonery. Typical of Thiefnubbu's urchins.

You see white and call it black. Dishonest and dubious louts. Tueh!

288 Likes 20 Shares

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by gasparpisciotta: 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Hmmm!!!

In a saner clime proper and thorough CSI would have been carried out before the trials.

Evidences will be properly obtained and assembled to prevent a charade, it’s a sensitive case and everyone wants a speedy trial and the state also cannot afford to loose its face hence this whole rush into the court.

If eventually Mr Vandi is found guilty the evidences should be based on hard facts and not prima facie or suggestive.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:32pm On Jan 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
What kind of question is this? This looks like a question APC supporter could ask. Pady, pady, wayo, wayo them

134 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by StormpyBee: 6:36pm On Jan 16, 2023
Mr Ahmed should be charged with 2nd degree homicide. Him dey try defend him colleague, him say na noise him hear, say him no hear gun shot.

Make dem light the guy abeg. Make him join the woman

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Skyfornia(m): 6:19am On Jan 17, 2023
He is not making any sense..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by tillaman(m): 6:19am On Jan 17, 2023
angry
If we check am that car had a plate number, we can’t expect him to say it as it is and what made it so fvcked up and annoying is we don’t have camera on our highways as these cameras would have helped solve many crimes Instead of sweeping them under the rug as they famed for, well I pray she finds rest and I pray God gives her family strength to forge ahead in this trying time
God rest her soul

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by DesChyko: 6:19am On Jan 17, 2023
How did he get just 1-count?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Franzinni: 6:21am On Jan 17, 2023
Haha they are in the kitchen ...already cooking !!!

Abeg which tribe dey answer drambi vambi ?

Abi nah code for dracula vampire?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by ironheart(m): 6:23am On Jan 17, 2023
So sad
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by stano2(m): 6:23am On Jan 17, 2023
E no go better for una

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by agarawu1985: 6:23am On Jan 17, 2023
Ok
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Ayodeoba: 6:25am On Jan 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
funny,you want to twist this case to your favor. You have failed

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by raynobz: 6:26am On Jan 17, 2023
So the police officer can't differentiate between a noise and a gun shot........what a country we live in.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by skultrick(m): 6:26am On Jan 17, 2023
Ayodeoba:
funny,you want to twist this case to your favor. You have failed

But let's be frank, this woman may have contributed to her death. How would you disobey authority when flagged down. Moreover, the car had no plate number. Obviously she felt since she's lawyer she can do and undo. This was how a custom officer was killed by a soldier after they declined to stop.

Whoever you're please respect authority to avoid stories that touch.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by maasoap(m): 6:27am On Jan 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

But some of you can easily be swayed by little to no argument at all

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Bede2u(m): 6:28am On Jan 17, 2023
Suddenly yorubas are happy with Nigeria. The same yorubas who were complaining about poor governance and police brutality prior to 2015 are now happy with things. What has changed for the better from 2015 to now?
Well what changed is that a yoruba is vp and speaker. Very clannish
Bolanle could possibly have been one of those Nigerians who think that they punish igbos when they vote Buhari and Tinubu but Nigeria doesn't work that way naw

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by ZUBY77(m): 6:28am On Jan 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

I said it, every urchin has zero understanding of anything.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by money121(m): 6:28am On Jan 17, 2023
Naija cry cry

1 Like

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Midehi3(f): 6:28am On Jan 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
May God/Allah have mercy on your soul

All of them, the police, the judge, the lawyer, anyone who wants to twist this story to favour them, may they not go unpunished, may the anger spirit of the dead woman destabilize their lives henceforth, they will not know peace anymore.....a pregnant woman for that matter, oh what a world and humans we have in our society

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by iHateFraudsters: 6:29am On Jan 17, 2023
taylor88:

Ask una Tinubu naa Shebi na him get Lagos

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by UselessBuharist: 6:29am On Jan 17, 2023
H
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by iamoyindamola(m): 6:29am On Jan 17, 2023
These assholes are lying but why will you shoot because the driver refused to stop.

6 Likes

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by NapoleonHill: 6:29am On Jan 17, 2023
DesChyko:

Is murder a joke to you? That one count pass some 100 counts put together.

7 Likes

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by naptu2: 6:30am On Jan 17, 2023
DesChyko:

How many people were killed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by mycar: 6:30am On Jan 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
this can only be asked by agbodo urchin.
killed by someone else in the presence of police and no arrest was made, right?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by DesChyko: 6:30am On Jan 17, 2023
naptu2:

How many people were killed?

Are counts issued by the number killed?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by maasoap(m): 6:31am On Jan 17, 2023
gasparpisciotta:

Hmmm!!!

In a saner clime proper and thorough CSI would have been carried out before the trials.

Evidences will be properly obtained and assembled to prevent a charade, it’s a sensitive case and everyone wants a speedy trial and the state also cannot afford to loose its face hence this whole rush into the court.

If eventually Mr Vandi is found guilty the evidences should be based on hard facts and not prima facie or suggestive.

Here we are again! When you don't even know how many witnesses will be called to testify. Autopsy report will be there, ballistic analysis will be there too. It is not that worse now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Doyou2019: 6:31am On Jan 17, 2023
StormpyBee:
Mr Ahmed should be charged with 2nd degree homicide. Him dey try defend him colleague, him say na noise him hear, say him no hear gun shot.

Make dem light the guy abeg. Make him join the woman

Most members of the NPF are dumb. You can see it from his testimony. No way this dodoyo is getting out of this now.

9 Likes

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Skmoda360(m): 6:31am On Jan 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You dey yan rubbish, .....na vamdi kill am, can't you read what the inspector said.
Btw you sound like a police officer, your Waterloo is coming.

20 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Let The Igbos Go — Asari Dokubo (Video) / IPOB Splits Again: RE-IPOB Emerges, Sacks Nnamdi Kanu / Nigerian Soldier Subjects Offender To Russian Squat Dance As Punishment (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.