Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,535 members, 7,865,215 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:06 PM

Can A Dirty Toothbrush Cause Infection - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Dirty Toothbrush Cause Infection (157 Views)

How Do You Handle A Dirty Wife After Much Talk? / Can You Share A Toothbrush With Your Lover? Let's Have Your Views. / Emmanuel Arigbe-Osula: "Uwa Brown Is A Dirty Liar, Blackmailer" - Osa Osula Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can A Dirty Toothbrush Cause Infection by ekwe552: 7:29am On Mar 21, 2023
Can you get sick from a dirty toothbrush?

WHAT COULD BE HIDING IN YOUR TOOTHBRUSH, DO YOU KNOW?

According to scientists at the University of Manchester in England, your toothbrush is contaminated with bacteria. They discovered that one exposed toothbrush can contain more than 100 million bacteria, including staphylococci ("Staph"wink bacteria that can cause skin infections, and E. coli bacteria, which can cause diarrhea.

Not to worry, though. Not exactly a clean tongue to begin with, you said.

Bacteria in the mouth

The Dental Hygiene Research Center's associate professor & director Gayle McCombs, RDH, MS, notes that there are hundreds of germs in our mouths every day.

That's not a huge deal. Only when there is an unfavorable balance of germs in the mouth do issues begin to arise. McCombs claims.

https://www.healthlifekit.com/2023/03/can-dirty-toothbrush-cause-infection.html

(1) (Reply)

Simple Millionaire Secret / What My Mom Did When I Told Her I Would Love To Be A Fisherman / What Is Bridal Gown Rental?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.