Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,226 members, 7,849,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:01 AM

Pdp’s Lawal Unseats Matawalle In Zamfara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp’s Lawal Unseats Matawalle In Zamfara (227 Views)

Labour Party's Ireti Kingibe Unseats Philip Aduda To Win FCT Senatorial Seat / Buhari Meets Ayade, Matawalle In Aso Rock / Umar Fintiri Wins Adamawa Governorship Election. Unseats Jibrilla Bindow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pdp’s Lawal Unseats Matawalle In Zamfara by Goodmorning20: 8:42am On Mar 21, 2023
Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara state has lost his seat to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party governorship candidate, Dauda Lawal.

The Independent National Electoral Commission declared Lawal as the governor-elect with a total of 377,726 votes.

He defeated Matawalle of the All Progressives Congress who polled 311,976.

Lawal was declared as the winner in Gusau, the state capital in the early hours of Tuesday.

The INEC Returning Officer, Prof. Kassimu Shehu, said, “I Prof. Kassimu Shehu of the Federal University Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State, certify that I am INEC Returning Officer for Zamfara State.

“That Dr. Lawal Dauda of the PDP, having satisfied the requirements of the law, is declared winner and returned elected.”
Re: Pdp’s Lawal Unseats Matawalle In Zamfara by Africblogng: 8:43am On Mar 21, 2023
I hope they will all deliver after the much celebration.
Re: Pdp’s Lawal Unseats Matawalle In Zamfara by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 8:58am On Mar 21, 2023
I hope the Governor Elect Dauda Lawal will not jump ship like Matewalle. If you can recall he won the Governorship election in Zamfara with PDP ticket when APC had no candidate because of internal issues in 2019 and he defected to APC after some years.

Goodmorning20:
Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara state has lost his seat to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party governorship candidate, Dauda Lawal.

The Independent National Electoral Commission declared Lawal as the governor-elect with a total of 377,726 votes.

He defeated Matawalle of the All Progressives Congress who polled 311,976.

Lawal was declared as the winner in Gusau, the state capital in the early hours of Tuesday.

The INEC Returning Officer, Prof. Kassimu Shehu, said, “I Prof. Kassimu Shehu of the Federal University Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State, certify that I am INEC Returning Officer for Zamfara State.

“That Dr. Lawal Dauda of the PDP, having satisfied the requirements of the law, is declared winner and returned elected.”

(1) (Reply)

Sen. Ifeanyi Ubah Celebrates With Uruagu Ward 1, Uruagu Ward 2 And Uruagu Ward 3 / IPMAN Faults Minister Over Port Harcourt Refinery Completion Date / Appeal Court Dismisses Pdp’s Case Against Tinubu, Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.