Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Breaking: Group Tackles Senator Uzor-kalu On Senate Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Group Tackles Senator Uzor-kalu On Senate Presidency (511 Views)

Oshiomhole Tackles Senator Elisha Abbo Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket / Insecurity: Smart Adeyemi Weeps On Senate Floor / $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Group Tackles Senator Uzor-kalu On Senate Presidency by Feminews(m): 10:28pm On Mar 21, 2023
Breaking: Group tackles Senator Uzor-Kalu on Senate Presidency

A group under the auspices of Northern Youth Forum( NYF) has lambasted Senator Orji Uzor-Kalu for saying it was his turn to serve as president of the 10th Senate.

A media statement signed by the group's coordinator Abubakar Lawal, noted that "it was ridiculous for Senator Kalu who couldn't deliver his Southeast to the APC in the just-concluded general elections to start angling for Senate President".

The group, in the statement, pointed out that as a lawmaker for instance, the Senator has failed woefully to suggest ways of taming the Biafran agenda of killings or "at least appeal to the terror group to consider dialogue with government, an act the suggested he didn't care about the lives and safety of civilians and the uniformed men posted to the Southeast".

The statement also reminded the lawmaker that the slot of the Senate President is earned because "it is not hereditary" and, therefore, beyond the weak ground the Senator was leaning on.

"It is evident that the South-south has harvested a lot of votes for the APC in the just-concluded general elections, unlike the case of Southeast, where the ruling party could not get a single vote.

"The South-south, given their performances in the last general election, remain eminently qualified for the Senate President's slot. We believe that someone like Senator Godswill Akpabio, the first presidential candidate to step down for President-elect Bola Tinubu at the Eagle Square has demonstrated his loyalty to the party and commitment to securing the victory that the APC is currently enjoying. No candidate can be better than this former Senate Minority Leader, "the group argued.

It would be recalled that Senator Kalu made this known in an interview with Daily Trust on Tuesday the 21st of March, 2023 thus: "Remember, I’m the only former governor who has never changeg phone line more than 20 years ago. I’m still willing to maintain that telephone number to answer all my calls. I’m not going to switch off my phones because I’m Senate President. I’m hoping that Nigerians will pray for me to become Senate President because it’s my turn.”

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Group Tackles Senator Uzor-kalu On Senate Presidency by Ever8090: 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
Joke apart, nothing interests me about Nigeria again no matter how interesting it sounds,..... Nigeria is among the most uncivilised nation...

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Group Tackles Senator Uzor-kalu On Senate Presidency by yarimo(m): 10:50pm On Mar 21, 2023
South east should beg for deputy whip in both chambers .

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Group Tackles Senator Uzor-kalu On Senate Presidency by slimfit1(m): 11:10pm On Mar 21, 2023
So what should we say about Buhari supporting Boko haram silently?
Re: Breaking: Group Tackles Senator Uzor-kalu On Senate Presidency by Tohmey(m): 11:26pm On Mar 21, 2023
slimfit1:
So what should we say about Buhari supporting Boko haram silently?
I swear that Sudanese man is upto something
Re: Breaking: Group Tackles Senator Uzor-kalu On Senate Presidency by raumdeuter: 12:09am On Mar 22, 2023
Akpabio for Senate President

(1) (Reply)

Kenneth Okonkwo Provide Reasons Why Bola Tinubu Shouldn’t Be Sworn In / Na Wetin Deh Give Asari Dokubo Mind , Video / REC Hudu, A Disgrace To Bauchi — Cleric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.