Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,795 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

I Dare Every Church Leader With This Article - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dare Every Church Leader With This Article (401 Views)

5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) / Why Every Church Must Go Online Now / Are Christians Supposed To Go To Every Church Service Their Church Has? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dare Every Church Leader With This Article by IniAkpanMorgan(m): 3:07am On Mar 22, 2023
I kicked the Levitical tithing in the ass the very day I descended into the depths of revelation concerning the tithe Abram was said to have given to Melchizedek, the High Priest of God, and in Hebrews 7:1-4, he is addressed as the King of Righteousness and the King of Peace.

In the passages of Genesis 14:18-20, while being mindful of taking note of the process of time between the passages of the same Chapter in verse 17, when the King of Sodom heard of Abram's victory, and made out to meet him in his stadium at Shaveh, and verse 21, which throws up the picture of the deal the King of Sodom attempted to enter with Abraham: in which he begged Abram to take the national wealth of Sodom, but give to him the people.

When Abram returned from securing a defined victory against 4 nations, he was basking in the glory of a national leader. As at that time, he was in charge, and the people were allegeant to him, who was their deliverer from a pending slavery.

God, who knows all things at its conception, realised that the King of Sodom would offer Abram a great deal. He needed Abram to have no interest in all that was, at that time, in his powers and under his control.

Now the passages of Genesis 14:18-20 shows what happened after the King of Sodom prepared to meet Abram at Sheveh, before they met: Melchzedek visited Abraham, the same way Jesus visited Saul on his way to Damascus. Only the 2 of them were concious of the meeting.

Mechizedek visited Abram with bread and wine, the same symbolic representation of the needed sacrifice for the redemption of mankind from the bondages of sin amd death. He showed Abram his position with God in his greetings in verse 19.

He called Abram as being of the Most High God, who owns the heavens and the earth. In this picture, by which Abram learnt the faith he was reputed for, he saw the booties of Sodom as nothing compared to tbe plans of God, which he was to marshal as the Father of the Faithfuls.

Abram chose Divine Ministry than human Governance. That victory Abram won was God's, not his. God faciliated the victory to bring Melchizedek to Abram at that point in time, to trade wealth for the salvation of mankind.

Abraham won against 5 nations with just 318 "trained servants". One would wonder how just 318 men would overcome the armies of 4 nations, led by their Kings, who were earlier victors in their war against 5 other nations. It shows the 318 Abrahamic servants were trained by the elements of the earth and by the leadership of Abraham, who inspired them.

Let me digress and say this: the elements of the earth trains us too when we allow them. That is why the nomadic Fulanis appear to be outside of western civilisation: they are wild, though they may look good, frail and vulberable. They fight to no end when in a fight. They are implacable when aroused.

At the time Melchizedek met with Abram before the King of Sodom did, Abram possesed both the economic and political powers of Sodom - the wealth and the people - taking Genesis 14:14-16 in view.

Whether Mechizedek received materiql wealth from the hands of Abram, or if it was a commitment he made to Mechhizedek, that because of a greatest divine plan for the salvation of mankind, he needs to forego whatever was Sodom, I dont know and i cannot tell.

But we are not left without an answer:

Genesis 14:21-23 leaves us with the answer. Abram co fesed to the Ki g of Sodom that he has lifted up his hand to the Most High God, Possesor of the Heavens and the Earth, that he will not take whatever is Sodom's, lest the King says he made Abram rich.

Where did our Pastors across the globe get their doctrine around this humble and well documented encounter, using it audsciously to take money from congregants in the name of tithes, citing this humble and well documented event involving Mechizedek and Abraham?

They have made themselves the representatives of Melchizedek and their congregants, the represbtatives of Abram. They bless, you give. A shamless extortion from the vulnerable.

Worst of it is that they chose to adopt the theroretical philosophy of the Jewish preisthood, where a man is needed to stand for people before God. They love the powers they enjoy over people who are under their influence, exerting powers to run their lives and their resources, applying sweet cunning words, using scriptures for valudation. Shouting at everyone in good and smooth spoken English, throwing themselves about aerogantly, prophesying lies!.

Nobody sent them to do what they are doing. That is their own means of survival. Unfortunately, it makes them super rich. Now they have left the message at the Pulpit, using the Pulpit as their Soapbox.

I dare them to raise their heads, you will all see shame written all over them. They are all nothing but skew men who are rich on people sweat, and have an appalling bloated ego. They know nothing!

I am Ini Akpan Morgan

Re: I Dare Every Church Leader With This Article by CXLVII: 3:19am On Mar 22, 2023
Whoever read the novel should please summarize!

2 Likes

Re: I Dare Every Church Leader With This Article by Goodlady(f): 5:59am On Mar 22, 2023
CXLVII:
Ini Apa Moga, IniAkpanMogan, kindly summarise or just explain clearly in short sentence
Re: I Dare Every Church Leader With This Article by otipoju(m): 6:00am On Mar 22, 2023
CXLVII:

Lazy mind.

1 Like

Re: I Dare Every Church Leader With This Article by FxMasterz: 12:30pm On Mar 22, 2023
IniAkpanMorgan:
I kicked the Levitical tithing in the ass the very day I descended into the depths of revelation concerning the tithe Abram was said to have given to Melchizedek, the High Priest of God, and in Hebrews 7:1-4, he is addressed as the King of Righteousness and the King of Peace.

In the passages of Genesis 14:18-20, while being mindful of taking note of the process of time between the passages of the same Chapter in verse 17, when the King of Sodom heard of Abram's victory, and made out to meet him in his stadium at Shaveh, and verse 21, which throws up the picture of the deal the King of Sodom attempted to enter with Abraham: in which he begged Abram to take the national wealth of Sodom, but give to him the people.

When Abram returned from securing a defined victory against 4 nations, he was basking in the glory of a national leader. As at that time, he was in charge, and the people were allegeant to him, who was their deliverer from a pending slavery.

God, who knows all things at its conception, realised that the King of Sodom would offer Abram a great deal. He needed Abram to have no interest in all that was, at that time, in his powers and under his control.

Now the passages of Genesis 14:18-20 shows what happened after the King of Sodom prepared to meet Abram at Sheveh, before they met: Melchzedek visited Abraham, the same way Jesus visited Saul on his way to Damascus. Only the 2 of them were concious of the meeting.

Mechizedek visited Abram with bread and wine, the same symbolic representation of the needed sacrifice for the redemption of mankind from the bondages of sin amd death. He showed Abram his position with God in his greetings in verse 19.

He called Abram as being of the Most High God, who owns the heavens and the earth. In this picture, by which Abram learnt the faith he was reputed for, he saw the booties of Sodom as nothing compared to tbe plans of God, which he was to marshal as the Father of the Faithfuls.

Abram chose Divine Ministry than human Governance. That victory Abram won was God's, not his. God faciliated the victory to bring Melchizedek to Abram at that point in time, to trade wealth for the salvation of mankind.

Abraham won against 5 nations with just 318 "trained servants". One would wonder how just 318 men would overcome the armies of 4 nations, led by their Kings, who were earlier victors in their war against 5 other nations. It shows the 318 Abrahamic servants were trained by the elements of the earth and by the leadership of Abraham, who inspired them.

Let me digress and say this: the elements of the earth trains us too when we allow them. That is why the nomadic Fulanis appear to be outside of western civilisation: they are wild, though they may look good, frail and vulberable. They fight to no end when in a fight. They are implacable when aroused.

At the time Melchizedek met with Abram before the King of Sodom did, Abram possesed both the economic and political powers of Sodom - the wealth and the people - taking Genesis 14:14-16 in view.

Whether Mechizedek received materiql wealth from the hands of Abram, or if it was a commitment he made to Mechhizedek, that because of a greatest divine plan for the salvation of mankind, he needs to forego whatever was Sodom, I dont know and i cannot tell.

But we are not left without an answer:

Genesis 14:21-23 leaves us with the answer. Abram co fesed to the Ki g of Sodom that he has lifted up his hand to the Most High God, Possesor of the Heavens and the Earth, that he will not take whatever is Sodom's, lest the King says he made Abram rich.

Where did our Pastors across the globe get their doctrine around this humble and well documented encounter, using it audsciously to take money from congregants in the name of tithes, citing this humble and well documented event involving Mechizedek and Abraham?

They have made themselves the representatives of Melchizedek and their congregants, the represbtatives of Abram. They bless, you give. A shamless extortion from the vulnerable.

Worst of it is that they chose to adopt the theroretical philosophy of the Jewish preisthood, where a man is needed to stand for people before God. They love the powers they enjoy over people who are under their influence, exerting powers to run their lives and their resources, applying sweet cunning words, using scriptures for valudation. Shouting at everyone in good and smooth spoken English, throwing themselves about aerogantly, prophesying lies!.

Nobody sent them to do what they are doing. That is their own means of survival. Unfortunately, it makes them super rich. Now they have left the message at the Pulpit, using the Pulpit as their Soapbox.

I dare them to raise their heads, you will all see shame written all over them. They are all nothing but skew men who are rich on people sweat, and have an appalling bloated ego. They know nothing!

I am Ini Akpan Morgan

Your assertion is wrong my brother. Remember that no one has perfect knowledge, so therefore we must be open to other's view before making a conclusion.

In as much as I gained something from your article, I am not in support of the inferences you drew to establish your position.

There wasn't an exchange of wealth for salvation as you posted. That would mean that Abraham paid the price for salvation, and therefore, the death of Christ is useless. However, the scriptures made us know that this salvation we now enjoy was purchased for us by the blood of Christ.

Abraham didn't represent anything in God's divine plan of salvation. He did nothing for mankind. Only Jesus did. Abraham is respected as an example of faith and righteousness and the foundation upon which the Levitical priesthood was built. The transaction between him and Melchizedek was strictly personal.

The matter of tithing in today's churches didn't arise from the Melchizedek episode. It's wrong to base your entire ideology on a single portion of scripture so errorneously interpreted and then go ahead to castigate others on that basis as you have done. I think you've been too hasty in your judgement. You didn't even allow the defendant to defend himself before giving your sentence.

The Melchizedek priesthood was the real deal. The Aaronic priesthood was just a shadow. This is clearly demonstrated in the book of Hebrews. We cannot go into full details but suffice it to say that Jesus Christ is the original High Priest and not Aaron after the order of Melchizedek.

I support some of the things you said about pastors especially the way they make themselves as demigods over God's people, but your position on tithing is not well grounded biblically.

Take for example what the Lord Jesus said to the Pharisees in Mathew 23:23

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former."

Jesus clearly told them that tithing is necessary but more important matters should not be neglected. All should be done.

Now, you may want to wave that off as an instruction meant only for the Pharisees and not for Christians. I suppose the book of Hebrews relating to Melchizedek provides clarity on Jesus' position regarding the issue.

Hebrews 7:8-17
New King James Version

"8 Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives. ,"

While making a case for the discontinuation of the levitical priesthood which was replaced by the priesthood of Christ, the book of Hebrews strongly opined that there can be no priesthood except there are gifts to be offered. To illustrate the point, the gifts of tithes was used.

We know that we offer other gifts through our High Priest as Christians. The sacrificial life we live in Obedience to the Lord while shunning worldly alurements is in itself of a sweet smelling savour before God.

But, the Holy Spirit in the book of Hebrews actually chose tithes to illustrate the gift receiving aspect of the Priesthood of Christ.

The position being postulated is that mortal men (The Levites) cannot keep receiving tithes because they die, and so their priesthood can't continue. But there is Someone else who receives tithes in the New Testament, and this Someone actually lives forever.

(1) (Reply)

Be Righteousness Conscious / Is Your Religious Organization The Way To Salvation? / Is It A Sin To Bear These Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.