Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,021 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media (4075 Views)

Dr Bukola Saraki Sparks PVC registration conversation on Social Media / Ekiti Election: Ignore Results On Social Media - INEC. / Femi Adesina: My Daughter Almost Cried When She Read About Me On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by 2paid2Bmad: 12:01pm On Mar 22, 2023
Rayban25:
Seun shebi you banned me when I called you a fool at 40...and truly that is what you are....but apparently I'm not the only one who knows this to be true because come and explain what rubbish you were trying to do here...

He’s a fool? And what have you done with your miserable life??

Ashiere eda.

1 Like

Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 22, 2023
2paid2Bmad:

He’s a fool? And what have you done with your miserable life??

Ashiere eda.

I am not like you..use sniper to end your misery
Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by Pierocash(m): 12:54pm On Mar 22, 2023
Oloruntobi4382:

A clown like you don't even know Rwandan history. Yes, a Tutsi are ruling now, but it was the Tutsis that were killed in thousands. Stop making a mockery of yourself.

look at this dimwit. The Tutsis conquered them in the war and took over power. Then young Paul kagame led the Tutsi Rwandan Patriotic force to conquer the Hutus and overthrew the hutu led federal government.

Paul kagame became the Fourth President of Rwanda till date. He ruled them as a military head of state ,resigned and still conducted the election that brought him to power till date. Can the people that lost war still rule you ,ode.

The Hutus where busy killing defenseless Tutsis,and moderate Hutus as cowards that they are, while Young Paul kagame who was in his 30s then led the Tutsi Rwandan Patriotic force to attack their militia men and hutu military formation and conquered them , while the cowards in Hutu armies where busy killing and raping defenseless citizens.

Go read history

1 Like

Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by 4gunners(m): 1:03pm On Mar 22, 2023
othermen:
The whole charade was a PR disaster for Mr Seun.

He will forever be etched in the minds of several people as a tribalist and ethnic bigot.

No one cares that he was personally invested in projecting Gbadebo.

Fewer people even knew about the advert. It was his apology that nailed the coffin of his disrepute.

The election is wild and tensions are high and several people are looking for scapegoats. Regardless of what your intentions were.

Getting professional advice or insight from others experience would have nudged you towards knowing to distance yourself from such error and not publicly validate it.

If you had to, Nairaland as an entity could officially respond. And acknowledge that while the advert falls below the self righteous threshold you have set for yourself, such adverts are also popular from other candidates in the present or past, that were also similarly worded for tribal emotional impact.

If you go to the East, you think they didn’t do advert to nudge people to support Obi , because he was their own?? Further, you could have mentioned that one of the mods made the error and immediately it was recognized, it was removed and the mod temporarily relieved pending investigation. The mod is facing internal disciplinary actions and you move on…but no, you want to be the face of leaders in Nigeria taking responsibility or some Elon Musk seeking users opinion as though Musk goes to Facebook to create a poll in respect to a decision for Twitter.

Whichever way, taking responsibility when rightly done and when done for the right reason, will always be admirable.

The likes of Fisayo Soyombo who I genuinely expected to be fair in his criticism is not unsusceptible to the rage. Rather than admire your effort with the apology, he chose to malign you. Fisayo had nothing to say about Hundeyin’s bully of Kiki Mordi or on any of the saga of the so called Nigeria pseudo online intelligent community. He won’t cross Seun Kuti when Kuti brandished his gun at his neighbors guests . It even appears, it has been Mr Seun’s intention to get into the circle. Such intentions, make you a very easy target. The point is, they are building a following, and you will be sacrificed as a foundational block to increase their height.

Although, I think a properly well thought apology could serve, the apology was rather naive. Your whole attitude during the election especially in respect to Lagos state was not even balanced:

in the end to project Gbadebo , you created these monsters that now devours you.

What can you do going forward??

You can as well resign from the cesspool and ensure that your replacement is from the East. Perhaps they will forgive you then and acknowledge that you are really not a tribal or ethnic jingoistic person.

apt!!
Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by dazzlingd(m): 1:28pm On Mar 22, 2023
I think he deserves what he got.

Immediately I saw the apology, I was thinking what was this man smoking.

seun seun seun. I saw how people that meant well for you advised you on that thread to delete that apology post. That was not a smart thing to have done, but you were trying to please people and played into their hands.
Just get ready to be tortued, bullied and humiliated on the cyber.
you could have saved yourself and just let the whole thing die down.

They will continue to spread that story and even make more conspiracies out of it. Who does what you did in the name of the gods??

1 Like

Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by dazzlingd(m): 1:29pm On Mar 22, 2023
Rayban25:
Seun shebi you banned me when I called you a fool at 40...and truly that is what you are....but apparently I'm not the only one who knows this to be true because come and explain what rubbish you were trying to do here...
I truly believe that the guy is very foolish for that apology.
They will bully him in a way he never expected.

1 Like

Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by dazzlingd(m): 1:32pm On Mar 22, 2023
othermen:
The whole charade was a PR disaster for Mr Seun.

He will forever be etched in the minds of several people as a tribalist and ethnic bigot.

No one cares that he was personally invested in projecting Gbadebo.

Fewer people even knew about the advert. It was his apology that nailed the coffin of his disrepute.

The election is wild and tensions are high and several people are looking for scapegoats. Regardless of what your intentions were.

Getting professional advice or insight from others experience would have nudged you towards knowing to distance yourself from such error and not publicly validate it.

If you had to, Nairaland as an entity could officially respond. And acknowledge that while the advert falls below the self righteous threshold you have set for yourself, such adverts are also popular from other candidates in the present or past, that were also similarly worded for tribal emotional impact.

If you go to the East, you think they didn’t do advert to nudge people to support Obi , because he was their own?? Further, you could have mentioned that one of the mods made the error and immediately it was recognized, it was removed and the mod temporarily relieved pending investigation. The mod is facing internal disciplinary actions and you move on…but no, you want to be the face of leaders in Nigeria taking responsibility or some Elon Musk seeking users opinion as though Musk goes to Facebook to create a poll in respect to a decision for Twitter.

Whichever way, taking responsibility when rightly done and when done for the right reason, will always be admirable.

The likes of Fisayo Soyombo who I genuinely expected to be fair in his criticism is not unsusceptible to the rage. Rather than admire your effort with the apology, he chose to malign you. Fisayo had nothing to say about Hundeyin’s bully of Kiki Mordi or on any of the saga of the so called Nigeria pseudo online intelligent community. He won’t cross Seun Kuti when Kuti brandished his gun at his neighbors guests . It even appears, it has been Mr Seun’s intention to get into the circle. Such intentions, make you a very easy target. The point is, they are building a following, and you will be sacrificed as a foundational block to increase their height.

Although, I think a properly well thought apology could serve, the apology was rather naive. Your whole attitude during the election especially in respect to Lagos state was not even balanced:

in the end to project Gbadebo , you created these monsters that now devours you.

What can you do going forward??

You can as well resign from the cesspool and ensure that your replacement is from the East. Perhaps they will forgive you then and acknowledge that you are really not a tribal or ethnic jingoistic person.

He even went as far as stating how much he collected for the advert,
how are did this kind of seun manage to turn to someone so unprofessional.
He has been doing this and one day he may land himself in serious legal trouble.
The other day, it was Tinubu's BOT.
Seun, why are you like this.
I hope this teaches you a lesson to be smart in life and learn to be professional

1 Like

Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by jumper524(m): 1:51pm On Mar 22, 2023
Bahamas95:
I don't just understand this hatred between Igbos and Yorubas.

What I know is that no tribe in Nigeria is perfect, all of dem get their own wahala.

What I noticed when I was in the south west is that Yorubas regard you as ömö ibo if you ain't Yoruba or a northerner.......Nor be juju be dat? cheesy
what I noticed from the South East is that your Aboki once your from the states after benue.

2 Likes

Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by 2mch(m): 2:34pm On Mar 22, 2023
Let them drag him very well. Seun the Obidient secret agent, promoter and loudspeaker. I like how they turn on and eat their own. LMAO.
Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by Warl0ck: 2:46pm On Mar 22, 2023
LILTJAY:
Na Seun wey wan pleasure cursed igbos i blame...
You don't please those bastards, you treat them like trash
u are a big phoool

St*pid dirty afonja miscreant.

Head slammer

Spit on ur dirty tr*ibe.
Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by LILTJAY: 2:52pm On Mar 22, 2023
Warl0ck:
u are a big phoool

St*pid dirty afonja miscreant.

Head slammer

Spit on ur dirty tr*ibe.
fool
Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by Warl0ck: 2:55pm On Mar 22, 2023
LILTJAY:
fool
head slamming afonja
Dirty p*g
Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by frankyychiji(f): 3:10pm On Mar 22, 2023
FODA:
u are correct bro,any ebonyi person can testify to what I said,they discriminate against themselves in the east too much,and i don't think the Yoruba are the problems o the east,the only way I can see Yoruba as ur problem I'd when the Yoruba invade Anambra or enugu and start claiming ownership of ur land,every Nigeria has right to contest and vote including tinubu ad obi,so we should stop all these bro haha,I m Yoruba and I don't have anything against any tribe ,let stop stereotyping
Have you heard what an egba man has to say about the ijebu man? Have you heard what the ijebu man has to say about the Ibadan man?

You may not know because you don't want to know. So stop acting like you are umpire who decides who gets what.
Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by frankyychiji(f): 3:16pm On Mar 22, 2023
dazzlingd:
I think he deserves what he got.

Immediately I saw the apology, I was thinking what was this man smoking.

seun seun seun. I saw how people that meant well for you advised you on that thread to delete that apology post. That was not a smart thing to have done, but you were trying to please people and played into their hands.
Just get ready to be tortued, bullied and humiliated on the cyber.
you could have saved yourself and just let the whole thing die down.

They will continue to spread that story and even make more conspiracies out of it. Who does what you did in the name of the gods??
The good part is Seun has satisfied his conscience. He owns the forum and decides what to do with it.
Whether OBIdients and batist later begin to attack him for that or not is immaterial as long as he satisfied his conscience.
All of you using him to trend are just attention seekers. None of you is half the man he is.
Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by frankyychiji(f): 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2023
dazzlingd:

I truly believe that the guy is very foolish for that apology.
They will bully him in a way he never expected.
Let him worry about that.
At this point, yorubas must be distinguished from Tinubu followers.

It's a world of difference. Tinubu and his apc goons don't speak for yorubas.
Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by haffaze777(m): 3:51pm On Mar 22, 2023
Seun get brain?
Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by Occurstaem(m): 4:04pm On Mar 22, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Seun despite your best efforts to support the Obidient movement particularly Gbadebo Rodes Vivour towards the governorship Election in Lagos State, you are being attacked for a simple Advertisement placed on your platform that painted Labour in a bad light.

Seun you need to learn that the thugs that attacked the Igbos at the election on Saturday March 18th don't use Nairaland. Hence, they were not necessarily influenced by the advertisement. In addition, there were more provocative message littered everywhere on the social media spaces before and after the election.

Besides that advertisement slogan is not different from the slogan used by Godwin Obaseki in 2019 in Edo State. The slogan used was "Edo no be Lagos". The slogan was to antagonize Tinubu who is seen as a godfather in Lagos to stay away from Edo State internal politics.

The slogan "You can't rule Lagos from Anambra" is similar to the one mentioned above because it is meant to Antagonize Peter Obi the presidential candidate of Labour party whose Election victory at the presidential poll is main reason Gbadebo stood a chance at the governorship election. It's not meant to Antagonize all Igbos.

Seun even if you felt you were somehow responsible for what we saw on Saturday in Lagos, you shouldn't have openly taken responsibility. That is a terrible public relations disaster. You should have just donated the revenue made from the advertisement and move on.

Here is a link to video made by a vloger on facebook cursing and insulting Seun because of the apology he made:

https://www.facebook.com/ClassicGloriaEkhator/videos/2167979816732883/?app=fbl
Good for Seun.
Na him dey write nonsense apology for narcissists. I'm cocksure he was gaslighted into making the apology by one of his flat! friends.
He has been sounding anti-Yoruba lately.

Posts and threads that are abusing Yoruba are left to stand while a particular thread was hidden because the OP was asking "what has Yoruba ever gained from the Igbo". The OP was stating the obvious which is true starting with how Samuel Ajayi Crowther helped them authored the first Igbo language primer to Awolowo free education enjoyed by Igbos that relocated to the Western region to MKO Abiola and to how Tinubu started employing Igbo people to his cabinet and Lagos state civil service to how the Yorubas embraced the Igbos after the Civil War.

1 Like

Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by dazzlingd(m): 5:34pm On Mar 22, 2023
frankyychiji:
The good part is Seun has satisfied his conscience. He owns the forum and decides what to do with it.
Whether OBIdients and batist later begin to attack him for that or not is immaterial as long as he satisfied his conscience.
All of you using him to trend are just attention seekers. None of you is half the man he is.

This is not about an attack on him.
I don't give a damn about obidients nor baptist or whatever'

This is about Seun acting professional and if this persist. it can cause him a serious reputation damage both for his business and himself.
And in a country like US, he may find himself behind serious litigation that may end him up bankrupted if not with worse situation.

He needs to be very careful in dissociating himself with things like this.
He manages a large forum like Nairaland and he doesn't know how to manage information nor his speech. The same thing that GRV did that haunted him down today.
The moment I saw that apology letter, I knew the result would be catastrophic. The last time he was on twitter saying he removed southwest MOD for Southeast MOD, another time was Tinubu BOT. As a CEO of nairaland, there ways you place yourself in the public and stay safe. The bigger you get in life the more your words carry weight.
Who says "Dear IGBO people" even the content of the letter using words like Yoruba people, igbo people.
People really need professional training, and this is why Africans don't go far in doing business.
I really advise Seun to take a management course even if it is 6 months crash course

3 Likes

Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by Iamgrey5(m): 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2023
dazzlingd:

This is not about an attack on him.
I don't give a damn about obidients nor baptist or whatever'

This is about Seun acting professional and if this persist. it can cause him a serious repetitional damage both for his business and himself.
And in a country like US, he may find himself behind serious litigation that may end him up bankrupted if not with worse situation.

He needs to be very careful in dissociating himself with things like this.
He manages a large forum like Nairaland and he doesn't know how to manage information nor his speech. The same thing that GRV did that haunted him down today.
The moment I saw that apology letter, I knew the result would be catastrophic. The last time he was on twitter saying he removed southwest MOD for Southeast MOD, another time was Tinubu BOT. As a CEO of nairaland, there ways you place yourself in the public and stay safe. The bigger you get in life the more your words carry weight.
Who says "Dear IGBO people" even the content of the letter using words like Yoruba people, igbo people.
People really need professional training, and this is why Africans don't go far in doing business.
I really advise Seun to take a management course even if it is 6 months crash course
Exactly!!

1 Like

Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by 123papas(m): 5:33am On Mar 23, 2023
Seun has done the right thing irrespective of the backlashes.
Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by QuotaSystem: 7:11am On Mar 23, 2023
waynetee:

The igbos threatened us, we just show them we are not in the same level if they want to form Supremacy, yoruba is not fulani.

Fulani are a core part of the reason zombidients are going through a third round of heartbreak and defeat. They’re not noisemakers that descend into the ‘race-to-the-bottom’ cesspool of insults but rather respond with supreme action.

They’re also the reason BAT got the votes and national spread to win so you shouldn’t talk carelessly.

1 Like

Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by Akanbiedu(m): 2:12am On Mar 25, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Abeokuta I think.

he is Edo. Abeokuta man can never be that weak.
Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by orisa37: 4:23am On Mar 25, 2023
ALL THE IGBO MODS ON NAIRALAND ARE DRAGGING HIS AUTHORITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WITH HIM.
Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by orisa37: 4:31am On Mar 25, 2023
NAIRALAND IS NOT "9JALAND".
Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by ozo13(m): 4:36am On Mar 25, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Peter Obi the tribalist and divider in chief. He basically erected huge billboards tagging Ngige as Tinubu and Awolowo's boy while he placed himself between Ojukwu and Azikiwe. People don't know that man called Peter Obi.
please I will appreciate if you give me the link .
Re: Seun's Name Is Being Draged On Social Media by ozo13(m): 4:46am On Mar 25, 2023
frankyychiji:
Have you heard what an egba man has to say about the ijebu man? Have you heard what the ijebu man has to say about the Ibadan man?

You may not know because you don't want to know. So stop acting like you are umpire who decides who gets what.
the issue is everywhere in the country.God help us

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alex Otti Abandons Innoson Vehicles For Toyota Hilux / El-rufai: All The Underhand Dealings Revealed / Anambra state capital Awka Skyline gradually changing (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.