Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation (1842 Views)

I Get Frightened When I Receive Number Of Workers On Payroll – Tinubu / NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time / Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Pleasant01: 11:42am On Mar 22, 2023
misano:

Last I checked, SE have the best scores in NECO, JAMB & WAEC. Oil & Gas is dominated by the North mostly. Aviation is mixed of all regions. Real Estate is in the hands of SE, Insurance I can give it to Yoruba. ICT, no way, SE have a lot there. Telecom is mixed
And after scoring the highest in neco which university did they choose to continue their study? Telecom is mixed? Aviation is mixed? Lmfao 🀣

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Phoen1X: 11:42am On Mar 22, 2023
2mch:
Sounds like you are talking about your tribe OP. Not Yoruba. Lmao. Projecting your own insecurity on others shows you are depressed and in pain. We are not falling for cheap blackmail anymore.
It is absolutely clear now that come next election,any serious party in lagos will be begging igbos with a deputy governo's slot....bayo onanuga (at least )knows this fact.

4 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Tochi3(m): 11:44am On Mar 22, 2023
ariesbull:

LoL

What's funny
grin
Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by misano(m): 11:45am On Mar 22, 2023
[quote author=ariesbull post=121969451][/quote]

That is for literates. It means there are more Igbo literates. That's a plus for the Igbos

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Jimiyung(m): 11:46am On Mar 22, 2023
The pain igbos felt from Obi and CRV's loss is substantial and permanent. Its like having migraine everyday of your life. They will have to live with it forever. Trully pathetic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Philistine(m): 11:47am On Mar 22, 2023
Yorubas were never a great people. They have always been weak and timid.

6 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by misano(m): 11:48am On Mar 22, 2023
Pleasant01:

And after scoring the highest in neco which university did they choose to continue their study? Telecom is mixed? Aviation is mixed? Lmfao 🀣

From the statistics the Igbos are doing better. Telecom yes is mixed. Aviation is mixed. I said so.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by ariesbull: 11:49am On Mar 22, 2023
misano:

That is for literates. It means there are more Igbo literates. That's a plus for the Igbos
una no get comprehension shaaaa

I just showed you stats you are calling Igbo up and down

Are you guys that stupid ?

4 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by SWATMan: 11:49am On Mar 22, 2023
Creamcrest:
Bullcrap.

All tribes have areas they dominate in terms of achievements.

Buying and selling in a shop is not the only areas of achievement in life.

Y[b]orubas lead in education,it is said every family in ekiti has a professor.
[/b]
Yorubas lead in real estate,oil and gas, insurance, aviation, telecoms, ICT

The message is for oafs like you who can't comprehend a well thought out article like this. @ the bolded (not anymore) your reaction gives you away as someone this message was directed at.

6 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by misano(m): 11:52am On Mar 22, 2023
Pleasant01:

You say Ekiti state, every family has a prof πŸ˜‚ who conducted the research? Show me the stats that says every family has a prof. I just told you according to WAEC, the best students are from SE.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by misano(m): 11:54am On Mar 22, 2023
ariesbull:
una no get comprehension shaaaa

I just showed you stats you are calling Igbo up and down

Are you guys that stupid ?

What is the stats saying. Explain to me?
Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Antivirus92(m): 11:54am On Mar 22, 2023
Creamcrest:

I'm not even Yoruba,but ipobians should stop making it look like buying and selling in a shop is the only business in life.
always ready to deny their father...
tufiakwa!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Creamcrest(m): 11:59am On Mar 22, 2023
Yorubas are the greatest tribe in Nigeria.

Nigerians kiss the Truth.

The most educated.

Tribe with the most successful pastors.

Have produced lots of successful politicians including the great jagaban borgu.

Tribe with the most successful betting and ICT companies including our beloved Nairaland.

They lead in the music industry bagging Grammies everywhere.

They lead in the diaspora a Yoruba man heads the US Treasury department.

They have the second richest man in Nigeria.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Supremos: 12:03pm On Mar 22, 2023
[quote author=ariesbull post=121969451][/quote] God bless you

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Phoen1X: 12:07pm On Mar 22, 2023
Jimiyung:
The pain igbos felt from Obi and CRV's loss is substantial and permanent. Its like having migraine everyday of your life. They will have to live with it forever. Trully pathetic.
Today,an igbo represents (eti osa ) you,your baale and oba at the federal house of reps,...trully pathetic.

6 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Supremos: 12:10pm On Mar 22, 2023
Creamcrest:

The most educated.

Tribe with the most successful betting and ICT companies including our beloved Nairaland.

you are not even Yoruba, but you are here crying all over. Buahhahaha Omo ale. You father didn't tell you where you come from. πŸ˜‚

4 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 22, 2023
ariesbull:
No woman likes a clingy, insecure man. But that is what we yorubas are becoming, a frightened, insecure and second rate nation. So fearful that we cant even accept one of our own because his mother is ibo.

I got to the part in bold and abandoned reading further. One thing about Nigerians is that most are pathological and gleeful liars, casually deceitful, irredeemable mischief-makers and patently dishonest. This is why I appreciate my birth overseas in the West and my lengthy upbringing there.

I know the true meaning of integrity, empathy and being principled. I know those should never be abandoned for expediency or a hidden agenda as most Nigerians are doing over this GRV situation.

In the West, there is no way on Earth Pantami would have held on to his job after his controversial and openly biased views on religion in a multi-religious society.

There is no way GRV, with the many disparaging and controversial views he holds against the Yorubas, would have become the candidate of any Party to become the Mayor of the cosmopolitan City of London and if he runs as an independent candidate then even public revulsion towards him would shame his friends and family to distance themselves from him.

The man would be a political joke anywhere else, to include even African countries, but shameless Nigeria where Labour had the gumption to present him as their candidate for Lagos because of Obi's hidden agenda the Yorubas were aware of.

GRV has made enough derogatory statements against Yorubas, showing there is a good chance he would be biased against them, to confirm most Yorubas have a valid case for vehemently going the extra mile to ensure he is not their Governor.

Any principled person with integrity would agree the fear of Yorubas over GRV's ambition is valid and justifiable.

It is no different to black folks the State of Georgia USA going on the war path over the attempt of an openly racist white supremacist attempting to be their Governor.

What I find is many are deliberately avoiding talking about GRV's controversial views against the Yorubas, even if he claims to be one, that is far more than enough to ensure no Party would be shameless enough in the Western world to present him as a candidate for the leadership of a cosmopolitan State or City.

Showing prejudice against a group, out of those you wish to lead, is ground for instant dismissal or disqualification for all Parties in the West.

That Nigerians choose to ignore GRV's utterances a normal person would agree is more than enough grounds for the Yorubas not to want him as their governor reveals their lack of honesty, principles, integrity and empathy.

They are not honest enough to admit what is obvious.They are obviously not principled enough to stand for what is right and behind those who have been wronged by the Labour Party that presented the Yoruba-hating GRV.

They lack the integrity to apportion blame and culpability fairly as a wise and decent person would do regardless of whose Ox is gored and they lack the empathy to put themselves in the shoes of the Yorubas to simply accept, as is the case worldwide, that the ethnic group is right for vehemently rejecting the leadership of someone who patently hates and despises them .

We must remember as well that GRV never apologised for his repellent views and utterances either. My opinion is that those blaming the Yorubas, who are the aggrieved Party, fall in two category.

Non-Yorubas who despise the ethnic group and are simply using this GRV issue to sever their pound of flesh and Yorubas like OP of the article who are 'pleasers' obsessed with trying to look woke and Liberal even if that comes at the cost of throwing their own ethnic group under the bus.

It is as simple as that because no ethnic group in Nigeria can accept what pathetic and unfair irritants and agent provocateurs are castigated Yorubas for rejecting.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Supremos: 12:13pm On Mar 22, 2023
3 Ogu brothers from Ogun State were denied their slots because their names are Ogu names

One is a lecturer now
He will see this post
Hopefully he might add more flesh to this post

You know what they had to do?
They had to change their names to Yoruba names so they could be accepted.
It is that serious
The marginalisation we suffer

These are very brilliant men

One of them is in the USA now
A pharmacist
He has taken a break from Facebook

They are my Ogu brothers

These are just few verifiable ones I can mention

There is another, a DSS
He won't even come here to contribute
He will rather enter WhatsApp mode for a chat

These are some of the fate we the Ogus suffer
In fact, it is worse for the Ogus in Ogun State

This is why I get really angry when I see some of my people from Badagry twisting into unrecognizable shapes to be accepted by the Yorubas

It is a crying shame

When they are done with others, you are next
You will regret your roles
Their leopards never change skin

Those who can't talk are in my inbox
For fear of being victimised

The rest of us who have "loud mouths" are tagged as doing too much

I don't even know how to scream it into yours ears; They. Don't. Like. You!!!

In the past, some people would ask me if I can get them househelps from Badagry
Since we are good at servitude, na
God punish satan!

I in turn ask them if there are no househelps from Ondo, Oyo, Osun etc?
They can take one from their family members

Or there is a special trait in Ogus that make them good for omo-odo?

They will now say, "ha! Gloria, I don't mean it like that.."

Don't tell me nonsense
You mean it very well

Sometimes I think you don't know how we got here

We did not migrate here

Oduduwa is NOT our progenitor

We do not have same culture as them

Our language is NOT a variation of Yoruba
That is why we have Z, V, Th, X in our alphabets

It is the misfortune of colonisation that mapped us into this space called Nigeria.

One day, I will tell you how some quarters in Badagry later had Yorubas
It is the miscalculation of our forefathers who went to borrow money from some traders.
But today is not that day

What have Badagry benefited from APC government in Lagos if not crumbs?

If anybody must join them to call some people "omo ale", it must never be you, my people

Oye gbogbo eja
Ko ye awusu abigi lenu

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Creamcrest(m): 12:13pm On Mar 22, 2023
Supremos:
you are not even Yoruba, but you are here crying all over. Buahhahaha Omo ale. You father didn't tell you where you come from. πŸ˜‚
E pain am.

If we do a thread on drugs smuggling we can reel out Igbos achievements there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 22, 2023
Creamcrest:

The most educated.

This is a problem of black folks. Especially Africans. If you become too successful then your fellow men begin to hate and resent you.

It is why Igbos, the most hateful and resentful ethnic group in Africa hates Tinubu passionately because nothing else fits as the man has never led them or harmed their interest.

Rather the ingrates have thrived in Lagos under Tinubu and his successors.

2 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Supremos: 12:17pm On Mar 22, 2023
Creamcrest:

E pain am.

If we do a thread on drugs smuggling we can reel out Igbos achievements there.
Do the thread, invite me, let's see how it goes.
Before you do, just know that Yoruba man is the first known drug dealer in Nigeria. I'd thought you are not yourba, Ewu .

2 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Supremos: 12:19pm On Mar 22, 2023
OneTemplate:

This is a problem of black folks. Especially Africans. If you become too successful then your fellow men begin to hate and resent you.

It is why Igbos, the most hateful and resentful ethnic group in Africa hates Tinubu passionately because nothing else fits as the man has never led them or harmed their interest.

Rather the ingrates have thrived in Lagos under Tinubu and his successors.
The world and Nigerians already noted you guys as the most hatefilled and insecure lots.

You're so afraid of Igbos that you don't want them to vote

4 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by MikeofAfrica: 12:36pm On Mar 22, 2023
Creamcrest:
Bullcrap.

All tribes have areas they dominate in terms of achievements.

Buying and selling in a shop is not the only areas of achievement in life.

Yorubas lead in education,it is said every family in ekiti has a professor.

Yorubas lead in real estate,oil and gas, insurance, aviation, telecoms, ICT

In education, both the Yoruba and Igbo have produce world class writers in Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe.

However the igbos have produce a successor to Achebe in Chimamanda Adiche. Yoruba is yet to produce Soyinka successor.

The Yorubas led in Telecom due to Mike Adenuga globacom but the igbos led in Aviation through Air Peace.

The oil and gas is dominated by northerners who own most oil blocks.

The Yorubas have an upper hand in insurance but the igbos are leading in real estate and ICT.

Almost 80% of the real estate companies in Abuja and Port Harcourt are owned by igbos. Those owned by Yorubas are mainly in Lagos where the igbos still have about 30%.

2 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Tochi3(m): 1:01pm On Mar 22, 2023
OneTemplate:

I got to the part in bold and abandoned reading further. One thing about Nigerians is that most are pathological and gleeful liars, casually deceitful, irredeemable mischief-makers and patently dishonest. This is why I appreciate my birth overseas in the West and my lengthy upbringing there.

I know the true meaning of integrity, empathy and being principled. I know those should never be abandoned for expediency or a hidden agenda as most Nigerians are doing over this GRV situation.

In the West, there is no way on Earth Pantami would have held on to his job after his controversial and openly biased views on religion in a multi-religious society.

There is no way GRV, with the many disparaging and controversial views he holds against the Yorubas, would have become the candidate of any Party to become the Mayor of the cosmopolitan City of London and if he runs as an independent candidate then even public revulsion towards him would shame his friends and family to distance themselves from him.

The man would be a political joke anywhere else, to include even African countries, but shameless Nigeria where Labour had the gumption to present him as their candidate for Lagos because of Obi's hidden agenda the Yorubas were aware of.

GRV has made enough derogatory statements against Yorubas, showing there is a good chance he would be biased against them, to confirm most Yorubas have a valid case for vehemently going the extra mile to ensure he is not their Governor.

Any principled person with integrity would agree the fear of Yorubas over GRV's ambition is valid and justifiable.

It is no different to black folks the State of Georgia USA going on the war path over the attempt of an openly racist white supremacist attempting to be their Governor.

What I find is many are deliberately avoiding talking about GRV's controversial views against the Yorubas, even if he claims to be one, that is far more than enough to ensure no Party would be shameless enough in the Western world to present him as a candidate for the leadership of a cosmopolitan State or City.

Showing prejudice against a group, out of those you wish to lead, is ground for instant dismissal or disqualification for all Parties in the West.

That Nigerians choose to ignore GRV's utterances a normal person would agree is more than enough grounds for the Yorubas not to want him as their governor reveals their lack of honesty, principles, integrity and empathy.

They are not honest enough to admit what is obvious.They are obviously not principled enough to stand for what is right and behind those who have been wronged by the Labour Party that presented the Yoruba-hating GRV.

They lack the integrity to apportion blame and culpability fairly as a wise and decent person would do regardless of whose Ox is gored and they lack the empathy to put themselves in the shoes of the Yorubas to simply accept, as is the case worldwide, that the ethnic group is right for vehemently rejecting the leadership of someone who patently hates and despises them .

We must remember as well that GRV never apologised for his repellent views and utterances either. My opinion is that those blaming the Yorubas, who are the aggrieved Party, fall in two category.

Non-Yorubas who despise the ethnic group and are simply using this GRV issue to sever their pound of flesh and Yorubas like OP of the article who are 'pleasers' obsessed with trying to look woke and Liberal even if that comes at the cost of throwing their own ethnic group under the bus.

It is as simple as that because no ethnic group in Nigeria can accept what pathetic and unfair irritants and agent provocateurs are castigated Yorubas for rejecting.

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by optionalY09: 1:03pm On Mar 22, 2023
Don’t bring that Libra crap too close
Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by tsdarkside(m): 1:07pm On Mar 22, 2023
shattap....!!
i assume you are half igbo too....

that moroon has his own self to blame tweetin rubbish in the past....
btw,sanwo olu is already a tested and trusted governor....you cant come from no where and win against somebody like that....

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by tsdarkside(m): 1:11pm On Mar 22, 2023
this is the thing with you igbos....too emotional....

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 22, 2023
tsdarkside:

Way too emotional.

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Jimiyung(m): 2:17pm On Mar 22, 2023
I dont have a problem with igbo representation but the nonstop wailing and crying. Also, the guy is from Benue state not SE.
Phoen1X:
Today,an igbo represents (eti osa ) you,your baale and oba at the federal house of reps,...trully pathetic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by ariesbull: 2:48pm On Mar 22, 2023
Supremos:
3 Ogu brothers from Ogun State were denied their slots because their names are Ogu names

One is a lecturer now
He will see this post
Hopefully he might add more flesh to this post

You know what they had to do?
They had to change their names to Yoruba names so they could be accepted.
It is that serious
The marginalisation we suffer

These are very brilliant men

One of them is in the USA now
A pharmacist
He has taken a break from Facebook

They are my Ogu brothers

These are just few verifiable ones I can mention

There is another, a DSS
He won't even come here to contribute
He will rather enter WhatsApp mode for a chat

These are some of the fate we the Ogus suffer
In fact, it is worse for the Ogus in Ogun State

This is why I get really angry when I see some of my people from Badagry twisting into unrecognizable shapes to be accepted by the Yorubas

It is a crying shame

When they are done with others, you are next
You will regret your roles
Their leopards never change skin

Those who can't talk are in my inbox
For fear of being victimised

The rest of us who have "loud mouths" are tagged as doing too much

I don't even know how to scream it into yours ears; They. Don't. Like. You!!!

In the past, some people would ask me if I can get them househelps from Badagry
Since we are good at servitude, na
God punish satan!

I in turn ask them if there are no househelps from Ondo, Oyo, Osun etc?
They can take one from their family members

Or there is a special trait in Ogus that make them good for omo-odo?

They will now say, "ha! Gloria, I don't mean it like that.."

Don't tell me nonsense
You mean it very well

Sometimes I think you don't know how we got here

We did not migrate here

Oduduwa is NOT our progenitor

We do not have same culture as them

Our language is NOT a variation of Yoruba
That is why we have Z, V, Th, X in our alphabets

It is the misfortune of colonisation that mapped us into this space called Nigeria.

One day, I will tell you how some quarters in Badagry later had Yorubas
It is the miscalculation of our forefathers who went to borrow money from some traders.
But today is not that day

What have Badagry benefited from APC government in Lagos if not crumbs?

If anybody must join them to call some people "omo ale", it must never be you, my people

Oye gbogbo eja
Ko ye awusu abigi lenu

Jesus...so they even discriminate against Badagry in their own Lagos......

Oh no

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by ariesbull: 2:50pm On Mar 22, 2023
tsdarkside:
it is a Yoruba man that wrote this and why call Igbo again

Are you guys that scared of Igbo that everything is Igbo

2 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Are Becoming An Insecure, Frightened And Second Rate Nation by Phoen1X: 2:51pm On Mar 22, 2023
Jimiyung:
I dont have a problem with igbo representation but the nonstop wailing and crying. Also, the guy is from Benue state not SE.
If you dont,your superiors do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Need Justice, If Nigerians Hit The Streets, Nigeria Won't Be The Same Again / Three Reasons Why Nigeria Needs To Grant Igbos A Separate Country / If JAMB Highest Scorer Is Not An Igbo It Could Have Triggered Violence - Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.