Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,810 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President (22538 Views)

2023: Atiku, Tambuwal Have Indicated Interest In Contesting Presidency - Makinde / Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday / Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by Wisdomkosi(m): 3:07pm On Mar 22, 2023
Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President

Governor David Nweze Umahi of Ebonyi State has indicated interest in contesting for the President of the Senate at the 10th Senate.

Gov. Umahi made his intention known on Wednesday while speaking with journalists in Abakaliki.

Umahi stated that for equity, justice and fairness, the Senate President Should be zoned to the South East.

IGBERE TV had reported that the current Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu has equally indicated interest for the position.

https://igberetvnews.com/1441432/governor-umahi-declares-interest-contesting-senate-president/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by Advancedpenis: 3:15pm On Mar 22, 2023
Lesson taught to the man you are hugging will be passed on to you .

Mark am down

The only people in support of APC failures are the accommodating landlords

38 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by Jones4190(m): 3:24pm On Mar 22, 2023
Igbos are not yet ready to hold the office of the Senate president, they still need time to build bridges, flyovers and even culverts and also reach out to other ethnic groups in the country. I see nothing wrong with a Muslim senate president, by the way, politics is not the reasons why Jesus come

114 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by Lanry1(m): 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2023
Seneta presidency goes to the South South only. The South East can try again 2031 when Shettimma become president 😁

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by SenatePresdo(m): 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2023
When President select never even attain office?

Tinubu will soon swear for you from his hospital Bed in Europe grin grin

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by Faber(m): 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2023
That one concern you and Orji Kalu, our own is to recover our stolen mandate..
You guys are on una own, Igbos no send una papa.

Congrats to Labour party
Congrats to Alex Otti

Congrats to Ob. Obi na man you be

109 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by Classicalman(m): 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2023
DEVILISH UMAHI cannot become SP. He hasn't accounted for all the blood he shed in Ebonyi

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by Newgess2(m): 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2023
Good for him
Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by KOLLYPROF(m): 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2023
For equity, justice and fairness and your people only voted one of them because of their bigotry behavior.
For equity, justice and fairness let's zone it to South South, You don't reap where you don't sow.

24 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by OgwuEgo: 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2023
Hes a first time senator he is not qualified.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by yjgm(m): 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2023
The stage is set
Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by Flames40: 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2023
I wish him well
Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by JuanDeDios: 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2023
Jones4190:
Igbos are not yet ready to hold the office of the Senate president, they still need time to build bridges, flyovers and even culverts and also reach out to other ethnic groups in the country. I see nothing wrong with a Muslim senate president, by the way, politics is not the reasons why Jesus come
grin
Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by Bashet: 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2023
I would have said he should be given but what political value does Igbos give Tinubu? These people would always malign Tinubu who did nothing to them but accommodated their ungrateful bitter ass. Even Ngige, Akabueze, Orji etc whom Tinubu helped yet they refused to campaign for Tinubu.

I don't want a situation of bitter people sabotaging Tinubu.. Imagine another situation where the Igbos refuse to support Tinubu again. That's like wasting the senate President position on them. Please give the senate President to those who will appreciate it.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by nnachukz(m): 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2023
Somebody that lost overwhelmingly, then rigged himself in, now believes senate presidency is Ebonyi State election.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by Busu001: 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2023
Story for the gods cheesy grin
Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by Ikegift4real(m): 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2023
As a first timer, that's impossible. OUK will likely clinch it

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by bonechamberlain(m): 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2023
Umahi would be ten times better than that thief Orji Kalu angry

6 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by raskymonojendor: 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2023
Good luck to him.

Obi's history of politics of hatred and division below. Nigeria dodged a bullet.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by JagabanBorgu: 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2023
Advancedpenis:
Lesson taught to the man you are hugging will be passed on to you .

Mark am down

The only people in support of APC failures are the accommodating landlords
U children of h8 always h8ed APC but praise d failure called PitObi.

13 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by Oblongata: 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2023
You guys don't deserve it at all until you learn to play politics...

Imagine giving PO 97% in a state in SE and you gave the rest parties a paltry 3%.?

Instead of you to had played a balanced game like the yorubas...

Later you will be screaming 'they are calling us 5%, it's not fair'

Una wan chop were una no work 😒

17 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by FirstSense: 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2023
All of them planning what will never come to pass, because Peter Tobi Obi is the next president of Nigeria.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by Iamgrey5(m): 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2023
The senate president will be tightly contested

There's another senator from Kano apart from Orji Uzor that has declared.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by LUAN1: 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2023
Senate president cannot come from the east because the president is from the east, the vice president from the north central. I think the should zone it to north-west.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by adolfHitler1934: 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2023
No, you can't be. Infact that position is going back to a South South man in person of Peter Odili. That man did excellent when he was a minister in Abacha's government. He built so many floating schools in the river in Taraba state. He will make a good Senate president despite that he is a member of Argungu fishing festival committee.

Awwwww....this skunk I smoked this evening is doing me somehow. I feel like swimming inside Mama Jumai's basin of akara frying oil.

It will not be well with Wasiu for introducing me to bet naija.

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by DMerciful(m): 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2023
Umahi is far better than Orji Uzo Kalu interms of character

7 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by AndroBlaze: 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2023
For some reason I seem to find this man the most acceptable SE politician in APC, both him and his people seem very unassuming, if I was able to vote he would have my support.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by GeneralPula: 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2023
I sincerely wish him well..

He’s a very good party man..

He should reach to the necessary people for votes & supports..

3 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by Eusp: 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2023
😂 😂
Re: Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President by vision2050: 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2023
You fight for it nobody will give you freely. I suspect SS/NC will be SP. Emotions don't win the race but consistent and hardwork.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose Signs Ekiti Open Grazing Prohibition Bill (Photos) / "I Don’t Want To Contest Again" - Fayose / TSA Transactions Hit N30trn As Countries Copy Nigeria’s Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.