Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani (13946 Views)

How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu / Reno Omokri: How Northern Solidarity Gave Atiku Victory / How Northern Big Boys Lavish Money (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani by Lithiumite: 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2023
BigIyanga:

So Ipob turned to herdsmen that killed Benue people??

And are the herdsmen APC?

1 Like

Re: How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani by Lithiumite: 4:59pm On Mar 23, 2023
ESDKING:

Tinubu won only three states in the NE and NW ..

What many of you don't realise is that it isn't about winning all the states,it's about staying competitive in the opposition strongholds and keeping the margins as low as possible where it's difficult for you to win.......tinubu won by doing just that,Lagos and Kano won him this election and he didn't win both states.

1 Like

Re: How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani by Josephobaz1985: 5:27pm On Mar 23, 2023
Yes I concur with him
Re: How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2023
Lokojaman:
I still wonder why tinubu, atiku n kwankwaso didn't shred northern n middle belt votes to make peter obi win majority votes
what Obi lack is structure. But una say e no need structure
Re: How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2023
ESDKING:

I want to correct what u wrote.. They are not loyal as you said
Una no sabi analyze politics. Tinubu got 25% in almost all the northern states. The north gave Tinubu victory
Re: How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani by HilcomTech(m): 5:51pm On Mar 23, 2023
ESDKING:

Remember he contested against Atiku in the north
Re: How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani by Abbeytoy(m): 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2023
I remember how some set of people hope, and prayed that the northerners will betray the Apc candidate.

2 Likes

Re: How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani by BreconHills(m): 6:11pm On Mar 23, 2023
frank14011991:
APC winning benue state was one of the huge upset in this election with a Muslim Muslim ticket

A lot of barriers have been broken in this election. The people won and this is why compared with prior elections, I consider it a successful landmark election. Never Spain will politicians take the support of their ethnic group or religious affiliation for granted.
Re: How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani by Madups(m): 6:23pm On Mar 23, 2023
Leave those ma.d men. Shebi we dey this forum.. Make i see who go shout herdsmen again. Well i nor dey plan go benue anytime soon.
BigIyanga:

So Ipob turned to herdsmen that killed Benue people??
Re: How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani by hkidola00(m): 6:47pm On Mar 23, 2023
Godspikin:

What makes you think the north will lose out if Nigeria practice true federalism or regional government??
the north will be a photocopy of Mali and Niger,and you know how Mali and Niger are
Re: How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani by Godspikin: 7:09pm On Mar 23, 2023
hkidola00:
the north will be a photocopy of Mali and Niger,and you know how Mali and Niger are

Please educate me about Mali and Niger, don't leave me guessing.

What I know is that every state of Nigeria has all the resources it needs to compete favourably in a system of true federalism (fiscal federalism).

It will shock you to know that these northern states have abundance of things you know nothing about or you do not acknowledge as resources.

I am a GEOLOGIST and I can tell you that when it comes to solid minerals in Nigeria, the north is where you look for most of it, that doesn't mean you don't have it in the south as well.

The reason why we all aren't looking inwards and being creative with revenue generation drive is the overdepedndence on Federal allocation which is largely based on Crude Oil. This very thing is the bane of our underdevelopment.

There is no Messiah that will save Nigeria with this present system, not Obi, not even Tinubu or anyone. I dare say not even Jesus, as long as the President will not be in Aso rock and at the same time be at the bank when the manager hoards new notes, or at the special centre where people are being registered so they can score 8 or 9 As through exam malpractices or at the filling station where the pump has been adjusted and sold at a price above the regulated. The best we can get is just some little improvement here and there.

The only Messiah that will change Nigeria is that man that is courageous enough to change the present structure and system.

1 Like

Re: How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani by hkidola00(m): 7:21pm On Mar 23, 2023
Godspikin:

Please educate me about Mali and Niger, don't leave me guessing.

What I know is that every state of Nigeria has all the resources it needs to compete favourably in a system of true federalism (fiscal federalism).

It will shock you to know that these northern states have abundance of things you know nothing about or you do not acknowledge as resources.

I am a GEOLOGIST and I can tell you that when it comes to solid minerals in Nigeria, the north is where you look for most of it, that doesn't mean you don't have it in the south as well.

The reason why we all aren't looking inwards and being creative with revenue generation drive is the overdepedndence on Federal allocation which is largely based on Crude Oil. This very thing is the bane of our underdevelopment.

There is no Messiah that will save Nigeria with this present system, not Obi, not even Tinubu or anyone. I dare say not even Jesus, as long as the President will not be in Aso rock and at the same time be at the bank when the manager hoards new notes, or at the special centre where people are being registered so they can score 8 or 9 As through exam malpractices or at the filling station where the pump has been adjusted and sold at a price above the regulated. The best we can get is just some little improvement here and there.

The only Messiah that will change Nigeria is that man that is courageous enough to change the present structure and system.
see I was one of the best in geography in my sec school, while I acknowledge your fact that the only Messiah is the one who can change the current structure,we should understand that the resources you claim the north has is in minute quantity and not exportable quatity,is it the gold in zamfara,or the forever oil searched in the lake Chad basin
let's face it,Nigeria splitting will have northern Nigeria an alms begging nation...you can prove me wrong,the stats and indicators are there,they don't lie
Re: How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani by Godspikin: 7:51pm On Mar 23, 2023
hkidola00:
see I was one of the best in geography in my sec school, while I acknowledge your fact that the only Messiah is the one who can change the current structure,we should understand that the resources you claim the north has is in minute quantity and not exportable quatity,is it the gold in zamfara,or the forever oil searched in the lake Chad basin
let's face it,Nigeria splitting will have northern Nigeria an alms begging nation...you can prove me wrong,the stats and indicators are there,they don't lie

Mineral resources is just one of the things and I don't mean Gold alone. The states of Nassarawa, Zamfara even Bornu have some of these minerals. There are nations that have next to nothing in mineral resources but have just their land and people and are doing excellent. It is erroneous to say that the north doesn't have anything. I don't subscribe to that.

Arable land for agriculture I mean.

1 Like

Re: How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani by dreamxhaser: 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2023
hkidola00:

Mumu

Continue dey deceive yourself

1 Like

Re: How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani by Timtim007(f): 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2023
The Benue people chose an individual..not the party...
If the father/priest tries nonsense...he Knows his people very well... grin...they will show him the way out..he better sustain the security efforts of Ortom..
Re: How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani by Donedeal1(m): 2:02am On Mar 24, 2023
Unlike the southern Governor who were self serving.
Re: How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani by Niceman12(m): 6:55am On Mar 24, 2023
helinues:

But got the required 25% in many of the states

Tinubu sef get his highest votes from NW and also won NW and NC. It's only NE that he lost to Atiku which is Understandable considering it's his region
Re: How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani by Niceman12(m): 6:56am On Mar 24, 2023
ESDKING:

But Tinubu got his highest votes from NW. Also he defeated atiku in NW.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NASS Crisis: Buhari Set To Meet Dogara, Gbajabiamila / "Okonkwo Is The Only Original Anambra APC Aspirant With a Difference - Delegates / Katsina Abduction: Buhari Fails To Visit School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.