Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect (22129 Views)

Patience Ozokwor Receives Appointment From Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect / Enugu Governor-Elect, Peter Mbah Thanks Enugu Residents For Voting Him / Peter Mbah, Enugu PDP Governorship Candidate, Kneels To Beg Residents For Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by nlfpmod: 11:58am On Mar 23, 2023
Peter Ndubuisi Mbah (born 17 March 1972) is a Nigerian maritime lawyer, financial analyst, and politician. He is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Pinnacle Oil and Gas Ltd. Mbah is a native of Owo in Nkanu East Local Government Area (LGA) of Enugu state, Nigeria. He is a Fellow of the Certified Institute of Public Administration and Management (CIPM), a member of the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs and Nigerian Bar Association.

He is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). On May 25, 2022, Peter Mbah emerged as the Enugu state governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party ahead of Nigeria`s 2023 general elections, following the primary election held in Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium, Enugu, with a total of 790 votes out the 807 cast by the delegates.

Currently the Executive Governor Elect In the last 2023 Enugu state Gubernatorial election under People Democratic Party].

Early life and education

Peter Mbah was born in Enugu to the family of Chief Gilbert Ekete Mbah from Ashishi Owo, Nkanu East LGA of Enugu State. He attended Army Children’s School, Bori Camp, Portharcourt and Owode High School, Owode Egba Ogun State. Mbah studied law at the University of East London, U.K., earning a Bachelor of Laws in 2000. He then proceeded to the Nigerian Law School and was called to the Nigerian Bar. He has a master’s degree in Maritime and Commercial Law awarded by Lagos State University in 2004. Mbah holds an MBA from IESE Business School, University of Navarra, Barcelona Spain, and Post Graduate Diploma in Strategy and Innovation at the Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. He was awarded an honorary doctorate degree in Political Science by Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu, in 2021.

Career

After graduation, Dr. Peter Mbah participated in the National Youth Service Corps in Udeh and Associates law firm in Lagos. As an entrepreneur, he founded the Peter Mbah Investments Limited in 1992, a service provider in the oil and gas sector. He is the founder of GILPEL Industries Ltd., an importer of general goods between 1993 to 1997, and also founded the FOCUS International Schools in Lagos state. Mbah is the sole agent of International Oil Corporation, a U.S.A oil and gas company based in Fresno, California. He is the founder/CEO of Pinnacle Oil and Gas Ltd. This establishment completed the development of Single Point Monitoring (SPM), Conventional Buoy Mooring (CBM) and storage facilities in Lekki Free Trade Zone in 2021.

Political career

Dr. Mbah was appointed Chief of Staff in 2003 and subsequently as Commissioner for Finance and Economic Development by Governor, Chimaroke Nnamani. He was a member of the Federal Accounts Allocation Committee, the Enugu State Executive Council as well as a member of the State Security Council. He also served as Chairman of the Federal Accounts Allocation Committee’s Sub-Committee on Legal Matters, Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Enugu State Insurance Company, Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Enugu State Finance and Investment Company, Chairman of the Enugu State Tenders’ Board. He is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). On May 25, 2022, Peter Mbah emerged as the Enugu state governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party ahead of Nigeria`s 2023 general elections, following the primary election held in Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium, Enugu, with a total of 790 votes out the 807 cast by the delegates.

Philanthropy

Dr. Peter Mbah is the founder of Peter Mbah Foundation (PMF), a not for profit and non political organization aimed at improving standards of living in rural communities and human capital development.

Awards and recognition

Newswatch magazine as one of the ten most outstanding Commissioners in Nigeria in 2005.

Honorary Doctorate degree in Political Science from Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu.

Personal life

Dr. Peter Mbah is married to Nkechinyere Mbah, and together they have four children.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Mbah

8 Likes

Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by Massiveglory: 11:59am On Mar 23, 2023
Peter mbah to me looks like a better candidate than the LP candidate, tho I believe the LP candidate has a good chance in court due to some skirmishes in INEC numbers.
Edoega has been in government circles too long with little to show. If he gets his mandate in court, so be it.

If Mbah was in LP it would have been a landslide.
I advice Peter mbah to do everything possible to work with LP Edeoga to avoid super stories.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by Johnthum(m): 12:00pm On Mar 23, 2023
We the people of South East reject anything PDP.

Our aim is to do away with anything call PDP in the South East.

We are not happy that PDP force themselves on Enugu people by Rigging.

We the people of South East are not happy with Mahmoud Yakubu for accepting a padded result written by PDP.

PDP means backwardness in the South East 💯

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by drizslim(m): 12:03pm On Mar 23, 2023
Guys that bear peter as name are strong willed and resilient.. I wish him luck to restore the dignity of Enugu.. I served in awgu lg .. I never saw lite in a state that generated electricity to other states .. Enugu is in God's hand truly but ...

Shuttle for sale 1.4m
Ifite Awka

4 Likes

Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by AImiron: 12:03pm On Mar 23, 2023
Johnthum:
We the people of South East reject anything PDP.

Our aim is to do away with anything call PDP in the South East.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by AntiWailer: 12:03pm On Mar 23, 2023
PDP win South East no noise of tribalism.

Won in Rivers no noise.

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by OnyeAshuaUru: 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2023
You failed to mention the fact that Peter Mbah, who was a broke, fresh graduate before his appointment, floated an oil firm worth billions immediately after his bout as Chief of Staff and Finance Commissioner under Chimaroke Nnamani. Worthy of mention is the fact that he was docked severally by the EFCC for stealing billions during his reign under Chimaroke.
Everyone in Enugu knows Peter Mbah is a criminal, and we will resist him and his ebeanọ criminal gang if they continue on their plan to force themselves on Enugu people.
We voted for Chijioke Edeoga and the LP, not the dwarf criminal who can't make a full sentence in Igbo language.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2023
I heard he bought the ticket with 15billion from Gburugburu. Dunno how true is that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by Butcher5: 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2023
I pray he doesn't fail the good people of Enugu state
Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by Millimann: 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2023
AntiWailer:
PDP win South East no noise of tribalism.
Won in Rivers no noise.
And who says there is no noise? If he wins fair and square then there is no problem

But if they play barbaric politics we kick against it.

We don't play barbaric politics.

AntiWailer:

When you are done deceiving urself u go wake up

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/thugs-attack-polling-units-injure-over-16-inec-officials-in-anambra/
The major reasons some of u are fanatical is because of massive ignorance and alternate reality u live in.
https://www.arise.tv/inec-suspends-collation-of-results-in-abia-and-enugu-states-cites-violence/
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/election-violence-10-suspected-armed-thugs-arrested-in-enugu-2/
Shut Up!

All these cases you listed are what we have been complaining about. You PDAPC people stole the people's mandates in Imo and the other states using your structures of criminality.
You saw how they tried to do same in Abia but God Used the REC woman to stop them.

4 Likes

Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by BOLATINUBU01: 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2023
The good people of enugu are behind you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by Levels2(f): 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2023
[quote author=nlfpmod post=121997748]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Mbah[/quote
Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by ayofossil: 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2023
Congratulations sir, more wins.
Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by BOLATINUBU01: 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2023
He grew up in the west

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by dontbothermuch: 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2023
Massiveglory:
Peter mbah to me looks like a better candidate than the LP candidate, tho I believe the LP candidate has a good chance in court due to some skirmishes in numbers.

Edoega has been in government circles too long with little to show. If he gets his mandate in court, so be it.

Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by aikyg(m): 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2023
Congrats! This is a victory for Ndi Enugu. I am a Labour Party supporter, but Peter Mba is a better option for our people. Enugu people actually voted against the Labour Party candidate. We hated PDP, but we felt that the Labour Party gave us a poorly qualified candidate.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by Berrityga: 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2023
Are we suppose to use this news and collect Ramadan Ram??
Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by Amm14: 12:10pm On Mar 23, 2023
Congratulations
Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by chrisifeanyi: 12:10pm On Mar 23, 2023
May he perform well just like Ugwuanyi

As for the Mod that banned me, you shall have erectile dysfunction.
You will see puna and you no go fit fvck!

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by OmotolaBoy(m): 12:11pm On Mar 23, 2023
Nice one
Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by EmekaBlue(m): 12:12pm On Mar 23, 2023
I knew he will win. He looks Ok for d job. Wish Enugu the best

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by AntiWailer: 12:12pm On Mar 23, 2023
Millimann:

And who says there is no noise? If he wins fair and square then there is no problem

But if they play barbaric politics we kick against it.

We don't play barbaric politics.

When you are done deceiving urself u go wake up

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/thugs-attack-polling-units-injure-over-16-inec-officials-in-anambra/

The major reasons some of u are fanatical is because of massive ignorance and alternate reality u live in.

https://www.arise.tv/inec-suspends-collation-of-results-in-abia-and-enugu-states-cites-violence/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/election-violence-10-suspected-armed-thugs-arrested-in-enugu-2/
Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by Cyberterror: 12:13pm On Mar 23, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
He grew up in the west

He may join APC in the future because his business is flourishing in Tinubu's Lagos and his close ties with Chimaroke Nnamani. I prefer him to the LP candidate and it is pleasing to see Enugu state power brokers firmly behind him.
Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by utenwuson: 12:13pm On Mar 23, 2023
Omooo.... Even as an apc member, I must say the cv is massive..... Experience, education, name it.... See things

6 Likes

Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by BOLATINUBU01: 12:15pm On Mar 23, 2023
Cyberterror:

He may join APC in the future because his business is flourishing in Tinubu's Lagos and his close ties with Chimaroke Nnamani. I prefer him to the LP candidate and it is pleasing to see Enugu state power brokers firmly behind him.
💯👍
Re: Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect by Gboom: 12:18pm On Mar 23, 2023
Congratulations to the governor elect.
Look at this man now, young and experienced in governance compared to Chinedu who wanted to grab without experience in grabbing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sad! Kehinde Osuolale Was Killed In His Sleep After Insulting A Farmer(photo) / Why I Met Buhari In Private — Pius Anyim / Moghalu’s YPP, Fela Durotoye’s ANN Form Alliance, ‘the Force’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.