Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,061 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect (19451 Views)

Dauda Lawal: Is This The Most Handsome Governor In Nigeria 2023? (see Photos) / PDP's Dauda Lawal Wins Zamfara Governorship Election 2023 / Profile Of Dauda Biu, The Acting FRSC Corps Marshal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by nlfpmod: 12:18pm On Mar 23, 2023
Dauda Lawal (born 2 September 1965) is a Nigerian banker and politician who is the governor-elect of Zamfara state. He was elected under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2023 Nigerian gubernatorial elections defeating the incumbent Governor Bello Matawalle of the APC.

He is an established leader in the Nigerian Banking Industry and is known to be one of the key players in the financial sector of the Nigerian Economy as he served as the executive director, Public Sector North, of First Bank of Nigeria Plc.

Early life

Dauda Lawal, an ethnic Muslim Hausa from Zamfara State, Dauda was born on 2 September 1965 into a humble family popularly known in the textile industry in Gusau, Zamfara State.

Education

Lawal graduated from Ahmadu Bello University in 1987 with B.Sc. in political science. he obtained an M.Sc. in political science/international relations from the same university in 1992, and holds a PhD in business administration from Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, before going further to develop himself by taking courses at prestigious universities, including the London School of Economics, Harvard Business School, Oxford University Business School and Lagos Business School among others.

Professional career

He started his working career in 1989 as a political education officer with the Agency for Mass Mobilization for Social and Economic Reliance Nigeria. In 1989, he joined Westex Nigeria Limited as an assistant general manager. In 1994 he was appointed as an assistant consular officer (immigration), and later chief protocol officer, Embassy of Nigeria, Washington, D.C., US. Dauda Lawal joined First Bank of Nigeria Plc in May 2003; as relationship manager, commercial banking, and was at various times senior manager, Abuja Area office, business development manager, Abuja, principal manager, group head PSG II, assistant general manager (business development manager), Maitama, deputy general manager (business development manager), Maitama/group head public sector, Abuja. Between October 2010 and September 2011, Lawal was elevated to the position of executive vice president, public sector, North of First Bank of Nigeria Plc. In September 2012 he became executive director, Public Sector North, of First Bank of Nigeria Plc.

Political career

Lawal ran for office of the governor of Zamfara state in the APC primary election held in 2018 but lost to Mukhtar Shehu Idris.

He ran again in the PDP primary in 2022 and was nominated the party's flag bearer. In March 2023, he defeated incumbent Bello Matawalle to be elected governor of Zamfara State.

Corruption Allegations

An anti-corruption group, Nigeria public Transparency Initiative Group (NPTIG) has called on the federal government and other anti-graft agencies to investigate the source of $40 million allegedly traced to Dauda Lawal as a former Executive Director of the first Bank. The group National coordinator, Dr Hamisu Bayero, disclosed this in s statement issued to journalist in Sokoto. Where he urged the relevant authorities to compile Dauda Lawal account for how he got the $40 million, since the bank's rules prevented him from carrying out any business while in office as executive director.The group urged the relevant authorities including the Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to carry out a holistic investigation in unveiling such a suspicious amount of money. The group also urged the anti-graft agencies not to enter a plea-bargain deal on the matter, saying such negotiation with suspect is like condoning criminal activities especially on issues that Borden on Corruption, stealing and other crimes the EFCC had earlier confiscated Dauda Lawal on Allegations that it was proceeds of corruption.

Awards

FirstBank CEO Merit Award for Outstanding Performance as the "Best Business Development Manager" in 2006 and "The Most Enterprising Staff" in 2009.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dauda_Lawal

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by EmekaBlue(m): 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2023
Na the new Nairaland trend be this. Profile of this person and that person.

I don tire to read. I'm off
Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by CaptMarvel(m): 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2023
OK good for him
Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by Mamaafrik1(m): 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2023
Fine boy......

6 Likes

Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by obi58: 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2023
I wish him all the best and hope he repays the faith of the Zamfara people with good governance.

5 Likes

Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by Germi9: 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2023
Caméléon
Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by StreetFight: 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2023
Okay.
Comrade to Sanwo-Eko'l, the Spider Governor

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by Beremx(f): 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2023
Good profile but corruption in first bank spoiled his reputation

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by Owaincouncil: 12:24pm On Mar 23, 2023
$40 million case going on
This one may sell the state at last

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by Twoclans(f): 12:27pm On Mar 23, 2023
Asides Alex Otti ,Umar bago of Niger state this is another ex banker .
You guys should just do well,make your people happy,leave sustainable legacies and grow the states economy .That is all that matters

5 Likes

Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by Simpleshafee(m): 12:27pm On Mar 23, 2023
I hope he performs when he gets there, it's not just by having a beautiful profile.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by asobo1: 12:27pm On Mar 23, 2023
Camp of he will decamp, he will decamp will appear here soon. Winning the gubernatorial elections wasn't a fluke. I liken his victory to that of Senator Jackson Ademola Adeleke. If only people knew the forces against him but it was himself/people against enemies of the masses whose only empowerment is to share Spaghetti during elections to the electorates.

Heavenly father, grant Dr Lawal Dare Dauda wisdom to pilot the affairs of Zamfara state putting the citizens first. May he not jettisoned the goodwill he enjoyed in the course of the electioneering season when he is finally sworn in.

Kebbi state will also swing to the opposition.

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by Emir01: 12:31pm On Mar 23, 2023
Northerners no dey go school my foot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by Tradepunter2: 12:31pm On Mar 23, 2023
Men I am loving this guys background..... Pray God gives him the will and power to develop his state and make the lives of habitants good.

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by TheChameleon: 12:31pm On Mar 23, 2023
EmekaBlue:

It's meant for the literate.

We all know SE usually elects 3rd Class Dullards as Governors and wonder why there's zero development.

Soludo is an exception and that's why he's hated.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by datadot: 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2023
[quote][/quote]
Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by Kaiser20: 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2023
EmekaBlue:

If profile go help Nigerians, our country for be like Canada.
Almost all the Nigeria politicians have decorated profiles, but to achieve goals is the big problem.

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by PS712: 12:35pm On Mar 23, 2023
The last part of the writeup was on allegation of corruption based on $40M in his account, despite that his positions in the bank couldn't have given him that. Well, so many people in this shoe are out there in this country with such and more, and if Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai could defend his ability to buy and own property in far away UAE while still in service as a military officer in Nigeria then...
Nigeria is what it is, reason all biased supports here show that in the end, everyone will one way or the other have a taste of the kind of system we built, collectively or otherwise. What you put in is what you get. Simple!

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by Ofunaofu: 12:36pm On Mar 23, 2023
angry
Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by ufuosman(m): 12:36pm On Mar 23, 2023
I wish him well
Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by EmekaBlue(m): 12:36pm On Mar 23, 2023
TheChameleon:

It's meant for the literate.

We all know SE usually elects 3rd Class Dullards as Governors and wonder why there's zero development.

Soludo is an exception and that's why he's hated.
You guys talking ill about the south east don't travel. Go to Owerri and see wonders

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by virgilprince: 12:38pm On Mar 23, 2023
Who you epp !
Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by SMEpromote: 12:39pm On Mar 23, 2023
He's blessed with good looks, I'm sure many women voted for him on account of that. I'm not surprised he defited an incumbent governor, which is a rare feat in this clime.
Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by Aukeibado(m): 12:41pm On Mar 23, 2023
Congratulations, hope he won't decap to APC?
Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2023
Woahhhh. Real hausa at last

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by optionalY09: 12:48pm On Mar 23, 2023
So long as he’s part of the agenda he will not do more than he’s controlled

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by bigdammyj: 12:48pm On Mar 23, 2023
Seen.
Re: Profile Of Dauda Lawal, Zamfara Governor-Elect by fixitbyjal(m): 12:48pm On Mar 23, 2023
I fix faulty iphone panels

Contact me via siggy below

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infrastructural Tour By Federal Ministry Of Information(PIctures) / EFCC Arrests Abumere Joseph Osagie, FIRS Director For Tax Fraud / Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.