Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. (1684 Views)

Fayose Blast FG Over Olisa Metuh’s Arrest: APC Gov. Is In The Mud Of Lawlessness / Oritsejafor Has Dragged Christianity Into The Mud – Bishop Kaigama / Osun State: The Politics, The Mud And The Rust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by werepeLeri: 7:42am On Sep 18, 2011
OK- OBJ shouldnt have gone.

GEJ is slow.

Police lacks intelligent

Military cant do sh it

Ok - we have heard all your noise, but what is your own solution to the BH menace?

Let us know.
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by KnowAll(m): 8:52am On Sep 18, 2011
Vote Nigerian Revolution Party, and see this nation change for good.
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by werepeLeri: 9:31am On Sep 18, 2011
in your dreams.
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by Chubhie: 9:36am On Sep 18, 2011
No matter how the govt tries to manage and patch the issue of boko haram, it will always backfire. Give em what they want and let everybody go their different ways abi na by force for one nigeria? The naija method of throwing in more money wont work on this.
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 18, 2011
were!

tell ya oga to muster courage and call for sovereign national conference!

Lets decide by ourselves if we truly want to live together as a nation without one group bombing the shi-t out of us or weather we should go our separate ways!

DONT FORGET I STILL HATE YOU! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by werepeLeri: 10:35am On Sep 18, 2011
^^^

Dont forget you dont feed me and hate is mutual.
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by pluto04(m): 10:36am On Sep 18, 2011
You're trying to nip Boko Haram in the mud! lol

Terrorism is a new challenge for our police and SSS. I doubt if you can teach the old men in those organisations new tricks no matter what training you give them. What I will do if I were JEG is to replace the heads of those organisation with people with required experience wherever they may be found not necessarily coming through the ranks of the Police and SSS. I will look for people with excellent track record from Directorate of Military Intelligence (DMI), Nigerians with similar experince from FBI, NYPD, MET, Nigerians in senior position in Global Private Security organisations, etc. I will then give them the freehand to appoint their direct reports. With this measures, I will hope to transform (from top to down the ranks) the Nigerian Police and SSS for the challenges of the  21st century. Ofcourse their will be polical oppositions to these measures but those oppositions are not insurmountable.

All the foregoing are based on the assumption that GEJ has the political will and balls to fight the terrorism menace because all measures will fail without the guaranteed polical backing of the president.
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by werepeLeri: 10:59am On Sep 18, 2011
pluto04:

You're trying to nip Boko Haram in the mud! lol

and bingo - within one week - Boko Haram will be forgotten.

In your dreams -

Your measures are childish and hold no water.

LOL.
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by Rhino5dm: 11:10am On Sep 18, 2011
1. This may not be best option for others as, we always view situation differently. Personally, I think the best way to arrest this menace is by infiltrating the group by our intelligent community. Sponsoring under-cover agents to join the movement. This will enable the government be on top of the situation with both informant supplying pieces and traces of information. Very cost effective and less causalities. The use of force can only harden the minds of the retar.ded members.

2. The government can dialogue with the group, but not APPEAL or BEG!. When you start begging or appealing to radicals or terrorist then, be ready to face foolish and un-imaginable demands continually. The dialogue should be made on a different location (very important!) agreed by both aggrieved parties. So that the government won’t be encouraging others.

3. The real culprits involve in any killing or breaking of laws must be sanction. Former governor of Borno state should be quickly put on trial. All the sect members found wanting should face the music of the law. Doing this will deter any others with similar intention or brewing similar idea. No one should be ABOVE THE LAW.

4. Those police guys on trial of killing the sect leader should be giving a fair hearing. Their culpability should be punished accordingly. This will ensure orderliness in the force.

5. Government should be wary of paying “off” or “settling” criminals with financial rewards as doing so will encourage others. There should a proper instituted benefit if there was any loss in the first place.

6. A fully function commission of enquiry should be set-up by the government and the recommendations should be implemented.
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by pluto04(m): 11:12am On Sep 18, 2011
werepeLeri:

and bingo - within one week - Boko Haram will be forgotten.

In your dreams -

Your measures are childish and hold no water.
LOL.

How old are you? 15? 17? 18? You're extremely childish and foolish. If you've already made up your mind on how the problem should be resolved, you need not put up a topic asking for people's opinion only to turn around calling them names.

If you're matured enough, you'll know the way to tackle a problem is to begin and not to stand around waiting for US and Britain to tell us what to do. Need I remind you that you have not provided your own solution on your own thread even if mine is 'childish'. Every goat, mule and donkey can criticise ideas but it takes real men with brain to come up with one. Try to grow a brain ar-sehole! I'll attach the tag 'imbe-cile' to your username from now on and I'll avoid you because I dont engage imbe-ciles!
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by werepeLeri: 11:53am On Sep 18, 2011
^^^

LOL. See how the thing pain you. Mon key.
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by nusdog: 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2011
Wipe them out. There's is nothing else that will please them but death.
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by nuclearboy(m): 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2011
Are you sure you have the Cojones? Power is meant to be wielded!

So use the principle that states that a house divided against itself cannot but fall! They have always stood together in their despoil of Nigeria! Compel them to turn against themselves!

What's your email address?
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by anwarh(m): 3:18pm On Sep 18, 2011
There is only one way to solve these problems, You must listen to them and hear them out.
Yes they have caused damage to numerous lives and property, and they have taken up arms against the nation
and by implication, all its people. Many are victims of their delibrate actions. but how many more must die and how many
mothers must cry for the lost of their sons? cry
or wives their husbands?
and children their parents? sad
We should all remember that they too have some legitimate grievances, it is no secret that they were victims of heavy handed actions of the Nigerian army. The whole world was witness to their plight when they were subjected to extra judicial murder, an incident that was condemned by many human rights organisations including Amnesty International (of which I am a member) as a gross violations of human rights and a stain on the honor of democratic Nigeria.
The government has tried violence all in our name, but violence only breeds more violence.
Let us change our tact. Let us talk with them and hear what they have to say.
If it has to, Our government should apologize for the brutality with which it treated them and give them just compensation for the lives lost and property destroyed during that sad events of 2009. This the government shall give and in return, The people and leaders of the north must convince them to hand over their weapons so as to give peace a chance.
Nigerians are hungry and unemployed, we have no adequate health facilities to treat the poor even lesser maladies such as pneumonia.
We don't need this violence.
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by logic1: 8:14pm On Sep 20, 2011
I think Boko Haram is already growing past the "bud" stage.

We need to revamp our police force. Create a new one if possible.

As has been said earlier, we need to infiltrate their ranks and root them out.

The government should never have started with Negotiations, Violence should be met with stiff reprisals.
Only after dealing them a decisive blow should we begin to negotiate with them,
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by logic1: 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2011
I believe the boko haram crisis is only symptomatic of a greater societal malaise,
check out the following thread to suggest ways of making nigeria better:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-764430.0.html
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by bestofthisyear(m): 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2011
Reason why it won't work is nigeria is not ready to face the truth and deal with the reality. Easiest way to slow boka haram down is to cutoff their funding. Will govt uncover its sponsors no matter who Hell to the No. Case closed.
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by nuclearboy(m): 8:57pm On Sep 20, 2011
Strange that poster wants ideas for solutions yet seems to have abandoned his own thread. I just hope boko haram did not locate and neutralize you.

This then is what many complain about - lip service. GEJ wants to do everything but seems to do no more than talk. Just like his guy here
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 20, 2011
elect me as Your president , i promise i will stop BH or give me 10million naira i have an idea
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by Beaf: 9:39pm On Sep 20, 2011
For those saying the police need to be revamped, that process is already moving forward with great speed. It is a 6 year project and its benefits will take time to filter through to society, but they certainly will.
Thousands of police officers have gone on community relations, anti-terrorism courses and latest IT tech training. The police is morphing into a modern force, but its not an overnight job.
The train is beginning to move in the direction of the people wishes at last.

My biggest prayer is to see the last of those peppersouping, N20 collecting, "accidentally discharging" fools that run and scatter when faced with their real call of duty (boko haram is one such).
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by mitofag: 12:40am On Sep 21, 2011
We need to go back to the basics.

Lets consult the oracle.
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by Olaone1: 1:14am On Sep 21, 2011
Appoint me as Matters Arising Minister cool
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by MP007(m): 4:51am On Sep 21, 2011
expose america
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by Jakumo(m): 6:27am On Sep 21, 2011
We will nip them in the mud
We will nip them in the snow
We will nip them in the valleys
We will nip them on the mountains

Here a nip. There a nip. Everwhere a nip, nip nip.

Hell, if they are female, and blessed with nice firm, yet jiggly jugs, we will lick them on the nips.
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by werepeLeri: 10:29am On Sep 21, 2011
nuclearboy:

Strange that poster wants ideas for solutions yet seems to have abandoned his own thread. I just hope boko haram did not locate and neutralize you.

This then is what many complain about - lip service. GEJ wants to do everything but seems to do no more than talk. Just like his guy here

you are one of those who needs lessons in the English Language.

LOL. Abandoned my own thread? You need glasses to read the title again?
Re: Wise Men On Nairaland - Suggestions On How To Nip Boko Haram In The Mud. by Pukkah: 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2011
Beaf:

For those saying the police need to be revamped, that process is already moving forward with great speed. It is a 6 year project and its benefits will take time to filter through to society, but they certainly will.
Thousands of police officers have gone on community relations, anti-terrorism courses and latest IT tech training. The police is morphing into a modern force, but its not an overnight job.
The train is beginning to move in the direction of the people wishes at last.

My biggest prayer is to see the last of those peppersouping, N20 collecting, "accidentally discharging" fools that run and scatter when faced with their real call of duty (boko haram is one such).

Who's driving the process please and when did it start? The Police have become a major impediment to Nigeria's progress.

(1) (Reply)

Wake Up In The Morning, What Is Your Wish Breaking News Headline(s)? / Nigeria’s Domestic Debt Too High — Obi / Constitution And Its Prohibitions - North Under The Microscope!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.