Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

How Can I Recover My Money From This Fraudster. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Can I Recover My Money From This Fraudster. (1064 Views)

EFCC Arrests Suspected Internet Fraudster In Port Harcourt With Charms (photos) / How Do I Recover My Stolen Certificates Found With A Smuggler In Lagos? / You All Should Beware Of This Fraudster called Nobelus Cabral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Recover My Money From This Fraudster. by Alennsar(f): 4:35pm On Mar 23, 2023
Hi everyone. Due to the issue of cashless policy I have not been finding it easy to do my daily business because some customers will never agree to use POS to pay for goods so as to avoid the charges and this is drawing business backward. So I decided to collect my own POS machine but the person scammed instead.
I have been trying his number since two days ago but nothing. Please I need help on how I can retrieve my money back. 15,550 is not a small money. I mean that's five bags of charcoal. Please anyone who can help me

I have the transaction details. I am using OPAY and the person is also using OPAY.
Please I need help
Re: How Can I Recover My Money From This Fraudster. by fixitbyjal(m): 4:40pm On Mar 23, 2023
Alennsar:
Hi everyone. Due to the issue of cashless policy I have not been finding it easy to do my daily business because some customers will never agree to use POS to pay for goods so as to avoid the charges and this is drawing business backward. So I decided to collect my own POS machine but the person scammed instead.
I have been trying his number since two days ago but nothing. Please I need help on how I can retrieve my money back. 15,550 is not a small money. I mean that's five bags of charcoal. Please anyone who can help me

I have the transaction details. I am using OPAY and the person is also using OPAY.
Please I need help

How did he scam you?
Be detailed
Re: How Can I Recover My Money From This Fraudster. by Alennsar(f): 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2023
fixitbyjal:

How did he scam you?
Be detailed
He told to send my details to him through WhatsApp which I did later on he ask to check my email because he has filled the registration form and they should have sent me a message by now. I opened my mailbox and saw a message from OPAY management really asking me to pay a sum of 15,550 to the account generated for me. So I called and ask about it and he confirmed it that it's for activation of the terminal. I told I won't send it because we agreed to pay on delivery why should I be paying money now. He said I will still pay for the machine when its delivered but this payment is to activate the terminal and it will be in my account. I told that the number is different from my phone number, he still said yes that I am already using OPAY with my number so this new number is my merchant account number.
Truly when I checked the number it showed my name but after I did the transaction it showed entirely different name and since then he has not been picking my calls or responding to my messages.
Re: How Can I Recover My Money From This Fraudster. by Alennsar(f): 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2023
Here is the two mails that was sent to me

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From This Fraudster. by Alennsar(f): 5:06pm On Mar 23, 2023
fixitbyjal:

How did he scam you?
Be detailed
I forgot to add that after I sent the first money, another email was sent to me stating that the money I sent is not enough and I should send another 10,550 that was when I flared up and started calling him a fraudster
Re: How Can I Recover My Money From This Fraudster. by fixitbyjal(m): 5:20pm On Mar 23, 2023
Alennsar:

I forgot to add that after I sent the first money, another email was sent to me stating that the money I sent is not enough and I should send another 10,550 that was when I flared up and started calling him a fraudster

And it's opay
Ill advise you send them proofs on Twitter. They will respond and advise you on what to do......
Re: How Can I Recover My Money From This Fraudster. by PlayerMeji: 5:21pm On Mar 23, 2023
How did you meet him?

Start from there....
Re: How Can I Recover My Money From This Fraudster. by ceejay80s(m): 5:38pm On Mar 23, 2023
Opay support team no go school, see the English Dem send u, that was number 1 red flag, Dem no fit spell fund, Na found Dem write,
Instead of u are advised, he typed u are advise, opay no fit do that kind of mistake

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From This Fraudster. by Alennsar(f): 7:15pm On Mar 23, 2023
fixitbyjal:

And it's opay
Ill advise you send them proofs on Twitter. They will respond and advise you on what to do......
I will go to their office tomorrow insha Allah. Thanks for your concern but I hope it won't be too late

1 Like

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From This Fraudster. by xtivin(m): 8:31pm On Mar 23, 2023
Alennsar:

Please I need help
Is it online? Or someone you know physically? So I can advise you.
Re: How Can I Recover My Money From This Fraudster. by Alennsar(f): 4:42am On Mar 26, 2023
xtivin:

Is it online? Or someone you know physically? So I can advise you.
It's online not someone I know physically

(1) (Reply)

You Are Armed Robbers, Prostitute Dares Ex- Soldier, Others / Rape: / Teacher Found On Top Of Female Pupil In School Toilet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.