Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) (708 Views)

Wow! It's Raining And I'm About To Do This [Picture] / Plastic Kettles "Mysteriously Coming Out From A Tree Being Cut Down" In A Mosque / What A Lady Did After A Man Tried Giving Her A Lift While It Was Raining (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by lovediehatelive(m): 8:23pm On Mar 23, 2023
I was coming back from the market yesterday and it began to rain. Everyone looked for where to take cover, and I went to one shop closby.

As I watched across the street, I saw some people gathered under a tree, and was surprised.

It is very wrong because lightening can destroy that tree, and people around would be affected too.

When it's raining, please don't stay under a tree.

Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by Fahdiga(m): 8:29pm On Mar 23, 2023
lovediehatelive:
I was coming back from the market yesterday and it began to rain. Everyone looked for where to take cover, and I went to one shop closby.

As I watched across the street, I saw some people gathered under a tree, and was surprised.

It is very wrong because lightening can destroy that tree, and people around would be affected too.

How can a sane person take shelter under a tree when it is raining? What if any branch of the tree falls and hit them?
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by Kodak9(m): 8:32pm On Mar 23, 2023
Fahdiga:
How can a sane person take shelter under a tree when it is raining? What if any branch of the tree falls and hit them?
Me I no know
Even seff the rain will still fall on you cuz there spaces in a tree is not water proof
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by Fahdiga(m): 8:33pm On Mar 23, 2023
Kodak9:
Me I no know
Even seff the rain will still fall on you cuz there spaces in a tree is not water proof
But did it happen as you narrated or is this an assumption?
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by Kodak9(m): 8:37pm On Mar 23, 2023
Fahdiga:
But did it happen as you narrated or is this an assumption?
no be post am
I no be op
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by JASONjnr(m): 8:57pm On Mar 23, 2023
lovediehatelive:

Lightening can strike even a building and people taking shelter will be greatly affected.

It has nothing to do with a tree or not.

Also, trees do not shade anyone from the rain as it sieves down as droplets...

I don't think I've seen anyone take shelter under the tree coz they'll eventually get wet.

Seems you smoked some skunks!
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by muyico(m): 9:23pm On Mar 23, 2023
My guy? Scarcity of naira didnt allow us tink straight again
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by illicit(m): 9:54pm On Mar 23, 2023
Strong wing can destroy or uproot trees too or break branches
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by lovediehatelive(m): 3:28pm On Mar 24, 2023
Fahdiga:

I really don't get it o.

That's what some do, and they think it's the best
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by lovediehatelive(m): 3:29pm On Mar 24, 2023
Kodak9:
Me I no know

I'm telling you. I just don't understand thier motive behind such act
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by lovediehatelive(m): 3:30pm On Mar 24, 2023
JASONjnr:

Lightening can strike even a building and people taking shelter will be greatly affected.

It has nothing to do with a tree or not.

Also, trees do not shade anyone from the rain as it sieves down as droplets...

I don't think I've seen anyone take shelter under the tree coz they'll eventually get wet.

Seems you smoked some skunks!

Have you heard of lightning protector on buildings?
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by lovediehatelive(m): 3:31pm On Mar 24, 2023
muyico:
My guy? Scarcity of naira didnt allow us tink straight again

La wa lo 🙆🏾‍♂️
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by lovediehatelive(m): 3:31pm On Mar 24, 2023
illicit:
Strong wing can destroy or uproot trees too or break branches

That's true
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by JASONjnr(m): 8:44pm On Mar 24, 2023
lovediehatelive:

Have you heard of lightning protector on buildings?

Do we have it in all the buildings in Nigeria?

Or will people running away from rain, be looking for houses with lightening protectors to get shelter?
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by lovediehatelive(m): 11:15pm On Mar 25, 2023
JASONjnr:

Do we have it in all the buildings in Nigeria?

Or will people running away from rain, be looking for houses with lightening protectors to get shelter?

Taller buildings have it.

And lightening usually strike the tallest structure first
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by JASONjnr(m): 11:18pm On Mar 25, 2023
lovediehatelive:

Taller buildings have it.

And lightening usually strike the tallest structure first

Do we have taller buildings everywhere? To shelter the people from the rain?

You didn't answer my first question.....

I don't think u understand what I wrote earlier....
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by lovediehatelive(m): 4:44pm On Mar 26, 2023
JASONjnr:

Do we have taller buildings everywhere? To shelter the people from the rain?

You didn't answer my first question.....

I don't think u understand what I wrote earlier....

Leave argument for argumentative essay.

don't take shelter under a tree If it's raining.

If I'm to go by your question and argument, these trees are mostly taller than those buildings without lightening protector.

So, buildings would be safer, because the lower the shelter, the better.
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by JASONjnr(m): 5:30pm On Mar 26, 2023
lovediehatelive:

Leave argument for argumentative essay.

don't take shelter under a tree If it's raining.

If I'm to go by your question and argument, these trees are mostly taller than those buildings without lightening protector.

So, buildings would be safer, because the lower the shelter, the better.

You brought the argument....

Firstly, taking shelter under the tree is never a thing as people will still get wait and that's never thoughtful of anyone.... Except where they perceived that there's no building at sight.

Secondly, I never said anything about tall buildings or short buildings ...

I referred to buildings in general. And whether there's a there protector installed or not... People will prefer buildings to trees.
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Stay Under A Tree When It's Raining (photo) by lovediehatelive(m): 7:56pm On Mar 26, 2023
JASONjnr:

You brought the argument....

Firstly, taking shelter under the tree is never a thing as people will still get wait and that's never thoughtful of anyone.... Except where they perceived that there's no building at sight.

Secondly, I never said anything about tall buildings or short buildings ...

I referred to buildings in general. And whether there's a there protector installed or not... People will prefer buildings to trees.

I get your point bro.

You are coming from a rational point, and that's great.

The thing is that I saw some people gathered under a tree, and this is what made me create this thread.

Perhaps they thought the rain won't last and won't be heavy.

I just don't understand why they went under the tree.

(1) (Reply)

Attention Seun / Hi Everyone / Hahahaha, How Many Times Hav U Done Dat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.