Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,427 members, 7,830,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! (5850 Views)

2020 Twitter Post Of Lady Who Said Obi & Datti Should Be President Surfaces / 2023: Some APC Members Prefer Atiku To Tinubu — Lamido / Tunde Rahman: Some APC Chieftains Supported Obaseki Because Of 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by bjtinz: 1:33am On Mar 24, 2023
Interesting piece.

All the same, I don't see how a Tinubu disqualification favours PO.

Unless he can prove his party actually won the election, otherwise it's Amechi that will be sworn as CinC. Supreme court has made that clear in previous judgement

1 Like

Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by NothingDoMe: 1:51am On Mar 24, 2023
ovieigho:
I don’t understand you o

If Tinubu is on fBI wanted list ? So what’s the judgement that made him forfeit 400k dollars plus ?

I think he pleaded guilty and was left of the hook but the conviction is already there…. So which one is FBI wanted list again ?
Clarify cos I am obidient too
I think it was a trap set for him. Same trap set for hushpuppi. Let you move around while building a case against you. There's a lot in the drug case that is not public knowledge.

I believe that the case continued to build against him even after the forfeiture. Trust America not to take someone like Tinubu off the radar.

For example did you know that Tinubu was staying in same block as the drug dealers? Was surprised when Festus Keyamo mentioned it.

1 Like

Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by Creeza(m): 2:16am On Mar 24, 2023
Luckysbab:
Mumu!

b. The second argument is that BAT was charged and fined $460,000 for an offence committed in the USA involving dishonesty – narcotics trafficking in 1993, and a decree of forfeiture was ordered against him, and based on this was ineligible to run for the office of President.

What does the law say on this point?

Section 137 of the 1999 Constitution deals with what grounds make an individual ineligible to run for the office of President. Specifically, 137(1)(e) of the 1999 Constitution provides that a person would be ineligible to contest if within a period of less than 10 years before the date of the election to the office of President he has been convicted and sentenced for an offence involving dishonesty or he has been found guilty of the contravention of the Code of Conduct.

Lawpadi Verdict - This does not seem to be a very strong argument, and we think it is unlikely to be upheld by the tribunal. This is because the case in the USA was decided in 1993 (30 years ago). The Constitution states it has to be a conviction within the last 10 years.
you didn't read further below on other sections, just pick the one that suits you abi?

e) within a period of less than ten years before the date of the election to the office of President he has been convicted and sentenced for an offence involving dishonesty or he has been found guilty of the contravention of the Code of Conduct; or

(f) he is an undischarged bankrupt, having been adjudged or otherwise declared bankrupt under any law in force in Nigeria or any other country; or

(g) being a person employed in the civil or public service of the Federation or of any State, he has not resigned, withdrawn or retired from the employment at least thirty days before the date of the election; or

(h) he is a member of any secret society; or

(i) he has been indicted for embezzlement or fraud by a Judicial Commission of Inquiry or an Administrative Panel of Inquiry or a Tribunal set up under the Tribunals of Inquiry Act, a Tribunals of Inquiry Law or any other law by the Federal or State Government which indictment has been accepted by the Federal or State Government, respectively; or

Fixed!!!

dishonesty is as good as a case of fraudulent activities or proceeds from a drug cartel which was forfeited as a dishonest earning

I stan to be corrected by SANs but please if you are a Senior Agbado of nonsense, dont mention me

Even section182 explains further and amplifies on the case of fraud and dishonesty

(Sic) refer to what code of conduct means
and check the substitution of a plea bargain instead of a jail term

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by PerfectMan24: 3:06am On Mar 24, 2023
Tinubu don run. He won't honor the court case
Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by juman(m): 3:28am On Mar 24, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin
I dey laugh o. grin grin grin
Some people are mumus.
They can believe anything.
The morons that betray their intelligence! Those that believe the falsehood of jubril of sudan thing.

1 Like

Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by UnimkeAk(m): 3:29am On Mar 24, 2023
AustineE1:
*WHEN I SAY PETER OBI IS DANGEROUS IN COURT, SOME APC MEMBERS DIDN'T UNDERSTAND ME .

Fear that man 😂😂😂 Tinubu never expected it 🥷🏿 stealth move. He knew they would rig and on purpose didn’t file for his disqualification before the election. He even went ahead to call Tinibu his senior colleague to fool Apc camp.

After the scam of an election, he then asked inec to release election materials, another stealth move to distract them and confuse them to think he will base his case on IRev irregularities, the old men who thought they can suppress and above the law fell for it and focused on uploading results this past two weeks. Meanwhile he already met with the US government secretly who told Obi to tell his supporters not to protest, because that was what Apc wanted, so they can repeat SARS, Only for him to now hit him with the drug case.

Which entirely disqualifies Tinibu and his running mate from contesting, according to the constitution of Nigeria and international law. Tinibu has been on FBI wanted list for long, he obviously didn’t know that, because he was allowed to travel freely, this not only prevents him from being sworn in but enables the ICC and the DEA to issue an immediate arrest warrant to extradite Tinubu to the US to face prison time.

If Inec refuses to swear in Obi, Tinubu will be arrested with all that contributed to this sham election. However, if he concedes he will still go to jail, including the inec boss, who have actually stepped down but not officially.

They messed with the wrong one. At this point Tinibu can not be sworn in as the president, Obi will emerge as the president and it’s obvious without doubt.

They were busy playing injustice, Obi was playing chess. When his vice Datti told Nigerians to be calm that Obi knows what to do, that was it. Tinubu was scammed and at this point it’s end of the road for him and his cohorts.

If he can make a deal with the DEA those conditions will solely be on his quitting and inec releasing original results, if not the cabal including Buhari will go in for it! It’s game over😃

Once I saw US government,
I stopped reading...

Keep day dreaming that the court will declare obi winner

2 Likes

Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by juman(m): 3:34am On Mar 24, 2023
Some people choose to be extremely stupid.
Look at american republican party.
Their case is bad than this illiterate OP.
Till today liar trump believe he won the election and his party members are too afraid to confront him that he is telling lies.
Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by kingthreat(m): 3:53am On Mar 24, 2023
AustineE1:
*WHEN I SAY PETER OBI IS DANGEROUS IN COURT, SOME APC MEMBERS DIDN'T UNDERSTAND ME .

Fear that man 😂😂😂 Tinubu never expected it 🥷🏿 stealth move. He knew they would rig and on purpose didn’t file for his disqualification before the election. He even went ahead to call Tinibu his senior colleague to fool Apc camp.

After the scam of an election, he then asked inec to release election materials, another stealth move to distract them and confuse them to think he will base his case on IRev irregularities, the old men who thought they can suppress and above the law fell for it and focused on uploading results this past two weeks. Meanwhile he already met with the US government secretly who told Obi to tell his supporters not to protest, because that was what Apc wanted, so they can repeat SARS, Only for him to now hit him with the drug case.

Which entirely disqualifies Tinibu and his running mate from contesting, according to the constitution of Nigeria and international law. Tinibu has been on FBI wanted list for long, he obviously didn’t know that, because he was allowed to travel freely, this not only prevents him from being sworn in but enables the ICC and the DEA to issue an immediate arrest warrant to extradite Tinubu to the US to face prison time.

If Inec refuses to swear in Obi, Tinubu will be arrested with all that contributed to this sham election. However, if he concedes he will still go to jail, including the inec boss, who have actually stepped down but not officially.

They messed with the wrong one. At this point Tinibu can not be sworn in as the president, Obi will emerge as the president and it’s obvious without doubt.

They were busy playing injustice, Obi was playing chess. When his vice Datti told Nigerians to be calm that Obi knows what to do, that was it. Tinubu was scammed and at this point it’s end of the road for him and his cohorts.

If he can make a deal with the DEA those conditions will solely be on his quitting and inec releasing original results, if not the cabal including Buhari will go in for it! It’s game over😃

You are one of the lunatics who was 100% sure Obi will win the elections.
Now you believe Obi will win in court.

2 Likes

Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by jumper524(m): 4:18am On Mar 24, 2023
Them dey pay you to bmdey stupid. This can't be normal.
Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by Buccalcavity2: 4:42am On Mar 24, 2023
KillerCrocodile:

Ok

Constitution expert

What does the Constitution says about the VP choice of tinubu and his eligibility ?

Was Kashim Shettima running for two different offices ?

Is that not against the Constitution ?

Does that not disqualify tinubu because he was running with an ineligible VP

Constitution expert, What saith the Constitution on this matter ?
Go and read the constitution and electoral act. No individual can be a candidate of 2 elective positions in an election cycle. The constitution again now defines who a candidate is i.e who ever has won a primary. Now ask yourself if Kashim was a candidate or an aspirant for 2 elective positions.
I've not seen cases as porous as what Obi took to tribunal!
Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by udomma1005(m): 5:05am On Mar 24, 2023
fuckingAyaya:
where is he ?
On a bed somewhere far from Lagos 😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by 2mch(m): 5:14am On Mar 24, 2023
Very dumb and useless argument. You better give up this nonsense talk so May 29, you don’t die from heart attack. Election has been won. Even if you manage to push Tinubu out, na Atiku be your President. Obi will never be President. God will now help you to face Northerners to fight them over Atiku. Na then you go know the true meaning of Biafra. Let Obi and his dumb failed VP, Datti. Keep deceiving you. They want to keep you in mumu kingdom till 2027. Obi knows he lost.

1 Like

Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by Alaigbopress: 5:20am On Mar 24, 2023
If only these people know Obi's Lead counsel then they will freely surrender to the case...

Obi is the last person you can scam, I don't even see the guy as a human being if you know his history.

Arusi Agulu abulo obele anu

2 Likes

Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by Trustedapparel(m): 5:48am On Mar 24, 2023
I am an Igbo man from ebonyi abakiliki precisely ,but tinubu is the best ,and I mentioned nothing will happen to tinubu ,he will rule this country well,and will complete his eight years and nothing will happen

1 Like

Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by Pearlokeys: 6:09am On Mar 24, 2023
Luckysbab:
Mumu!

b. The second argument is that BAT was charged and fined $460,000 for an offence committed in the USA involving dishonesty – narcotics trafficking in 1993, and a decree of forfeiture was ordered against him, and based on this was ineligible to run for the office of President.

Section 137 of the 1999 Constitution deals with what grounds make an individual ineligible to run for the office of President. Specifically, 137(1)(e) of the 1999 Constitution provides that a person would be ineligible to contest if within a period of less than 10 years before the date of the election to the office of President he has been convicted and sentenced for an offence involving dishonesty or he has been found guilty of the contravention of the Code of Conduct.

Lawpadi Verdict - This does not seem to be a very strong argument, and we think it is unlikely to be upheld by the tribunal. This is because the case in the USA was decided in 1993 (30 years ago). The Constitution states it has to be a conviction within the last 10 years.

Let them keep basking in the euphoria of false hope.
Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by bdon12: 6:20am On Mar 24, 2023
AustineE1:

At last i can comment agaim...seun is working for tinubu madate.my other account hav been blocked for over 3 days frm making comment.I have never made any inciting comment xcept insult tinubu b call him d thief that he is....nairaland we are all watching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by Adayi1(m): 6:22am On Mar 24, 2023
KaLuCh:

Tinubu is not on the wanted list, forefeiting that money must have meant he's paid for his crimes. But the constitution stated clearly that a court declared criminal is not qualified to lead Nigeria. That's one.

Number 2 is the saga with Tinubu's vice, whom according to the same constitution is not qualified to contest as VC as he was already contesting for another position when he was forwarded as running mate by Tinubu. And without a qualified running mate, you can not run for president, so again, Tinubu nailed.

Then there's the issue of massive rigging, voter intimidation and suppression, violence in many states.

There is no chance in hell that Tinubu gets sworn in, unless CJN decides to blatantly ignore the constitution, in which case, we do not know what will be the outcome.

Trust me, Peter Obi has them checkmated.

Forget APC paid agents running mouth up and down all over the media. They are just earning their pay. Tinubu haven't met a politician like Obi. Nigeria is about to witness a masterclass.

Save this post.
Hmmmm ... Senior Advocate of Nansence. Sorry Nigeria.
Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by alizma: 6:38am On Mar 24, 2023
AustineE1:

The way some of you think about US operation makes one question your knowledge about a sovereign state and what international relationship is all about. You think us will be quiet all this while and suddenly wake up to file a criminal case after Tinubu has been declared winner of an election? You are dreaming. Have you ever listened to what OBJ had to say about when FBI investigated Atiku and found him involved in some shady business? You guys need to grow up.
Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by lordofreal(m): 6:40am On Mar 24, 2023
And you know how many south west state Tinubu and co won through court case? Why do you people talk like this? When it comes to obi you always see thing from one aspect.
Danisaint112:
They told a man who have won a case in the supreme Court three consecutive times to "go to court." 😂

Now they are all calling for his arrest because the case is strong and is hard to sell to the judges and international communities.

It's just like the drum of war some foolish Yorubas are beating for a tribe/region with several war experience (war with the Brits for 11 yrs and war with the whole of Nigeria for 3 years). I laugh. 😏

What some few ignorant and dumb yorubas did was like telling Yorubas in Anambra not to vote in Anambra because they want to take over Anambra while the candidate in question is a fool blooded igbo. Chai! 😆

How stupid this touts sound...

The end will be funny. Be rest assured that if another war should happen in Nigeria then it's the end of Nigeria. Everybody would answer their papa name.
Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by rolams(m): 7:01am On Mar 24, 2023
To be honest, I don't know what this writer is saying!
Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by orisa37: 7:01am On Mar 24, 2023
NO ONE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND YOU.
IGP SHOULD SIMPLY ARREST AND DETAIN OBI AND DATTI.
DSS SHOULD ALSO ARREST AND DETAIN EMEFIELE.
Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by KillerCrocodile: 7:11am On Mar 24, 2023
Buccalcavity2:

Go and read the constitution and electoral act. No individual can be a candidate of 2 elective positions in an election cycle. The constitution again now defines who a candidate is i.e who ever has won a primary. Now ask yourself if Kashim was a candidate or an aspirant for 2 elective positions.
I've not seen cases as porous as what Obi took to tribunal!

A typical Nigerian attitude

Answering question with a question

Balderdash
Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by aswani(m): 7:17am On Mar 24, 2023
2mch:
Even if you manage to push Tinubu out, na Atiku be your President. Obi will never be President. God will now help you to face Northerners to fight them over Atiku.

The very thing I was thinking this morning, a rerun between Obi and Atiku will only end up with a landslide for one person.

Disgruntled APC voters all over the land will simply vote Atiku out of spite.

I suppose Obi can go to court again and get Atiku disqualified.

We all need to be careful what we wish for.
Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by abdul23(m): 7:18am On Mar 24, 2023
You people's greatest mistake is you keep underrAting Tinubu and throwing all your moves at him.
The manner He will thrash Obi in court you will be marveled.
It's good to be optimistic but don't get your hopes too high incase it's dashed.
So one won't be moved to do stupid things.
Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by johnpaulbuddy(m): 7:44am On Mar 24, 2023
Trustedapparel:
I am an Igbo man from ebonyi abakiliki precisely ,but tinubu is the best ,and I mentioned nothing will happen to tinubu ,he will rule this country well,and will complete his eight years and nothing will happen
Why won't Yu say that when your governor has brain-washed Yu guys.. Somebody has not started ruling and he is already travelling up and down
Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by emerged01(m): 7:53am On Mar 24, 2023
Here we are,they have started again. Tinubu keep overcoming every evil thought towards him. If he could overcome sitting president and his cabal to become president elect,Obi matter is a laughing matter.
From i'm challenging the process of INEC to disqualifying Tinubu for drug case.

2 Likes

Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by Blazebond(m): 8:14am On Mar 24, 2023
Which drug case? It is you and obi that is bereft with daftness,the burden of proof is entirely on you that is instituting the case,the DEA AND FBI AND USA that you are Banking on have no business with Nigeria and dare not interfere with anything Nigeria or Africa at all,Africa is not north America oooo,African nations have been making themselves heard loud and clear and firm to all Europe and America,an arrest by the u.s.a or any European country of any African president will be met with deadly resistance and any group of tribe that instigated that arrest will pay for it dearly in the African country.
Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by Wonderful619: 8:28am On Mar 24, 2023
Luckysbab:
Mumu!

My problem with people like you and your lawpadi is that you on read the section of the law that favours wicked mindset
Take a look the section limb (d) of that section

(d) he is under a sentence of death imposed by any competent court of law or tribunal in Nigeria or a sentence of imprisonment or fine for any offence involving dishonesty or fraud (by whatever name called) or for any other offence, imposed on him by any court or tribunal or substituted by a competent authority for any other sentence imposed on him by such a court or tribunal; or
More: https://jurist.ng/constitution/sec-137

I hope say you understand this one. This is the preceding section before section e
Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by adedayoa2(f): 8:35am On Mar 24, 2023
Loading loading loading loading......... Part 2 wailing is loading.
Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by Solsix(m): 9:26am On Mar 24, 2023
AustineE1:

Pls enough of this hype. Let allow the court do Thier job
Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by Jagznation(m): 9:30am On Mar 24, 2023
His dance step is very dangerous grin

Re: When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! by Creeza(m): 10:01am On Mar 24, 2023
Wonderful619:

My problem with people like you and your lawpadi is that you on read the section of the law that favours wicked mindset
Take a look the section limb (d) of that section

(d) he is under a sentence of death imposed by any competent court of law or tribunal in Nigeria or a sentence of imprisonment or fine for any offence involving dishonesty or fraud (by whatever name called) or for any other offence, imposed on him by any court or tribunal or substituted by a competent authority for any other sentence imposed on him by such a court or tribunal; or
More: https://jurist.ng/constitution/sec-137

I hope say you understand this one. This is the preceding section before section e
You they mind am? Many sub-sections working against Tinubu but its the one that has 10 years clause attached to it that they rushed to see... Forgetting that if Tinubu had indeed been convicted there is no way of knowing how long he would have been locked up for?

Edited : Similarly, a delivery of less than one gram of cocaine or heroin results in a Class 2 felony, with a sentencing range of 4 to 15 years in prison, with probation being a possibility. If the amount of drugs is 900 grams, the range is 15 to 60 years.

source : https://www.srhunterlaw.com/Drug-Crime-Penalties-in-Illinois
And to evade this, Tinubu agreed to plea bargain!?

My guess is as good as yours, a fee up to $460,000 can not just be proceeds from cocaine or drugs less than 900 grams

Is that not a fine and evidence of forfeiture was recorded on paper.
Even a primary school student knows that a case in which the defendant agrees to plea bargain is as equivalent to being punished for such crime

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obijackson Single Handedly Turning His Town Okija To City(photos) / REPORT: Yar'adua Is Brain-Damaged / Photos: Pls Be The Judge(akpabio Vs Ameachi's Stadium)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.