Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists (1319 Views)

Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists / Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by Wilgrea7(m): 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2023
TenQ:

Thanks for the indirect complement. When I debate Muslims, I use their Qur'an, Tafsirs and Hadiths.
When I debate Atheists, I am compelled to use LOGIC and SCIENCE!
It is only logical since the Bible and the Faith is Fairy tale to you.

Unfortunately, you are not in a position to judge my failure or not.

Peace!

I by no means consider myself an overall judge on failure or success. I simply reported things as I found them. You've dodged my questions a fair number of times when pressed on these issues, hence my statement.

But nonetheless, it's always a pleasure engaging with you. I hope you're doing great. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by jaephoenix(m): 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2023
budaatum:

Never heard of it. Read the [url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor%27s_New_Clothes]The Emperor's New Clothes[/url] though, many many times from about 5 years old as I had a wonderful copy of Hans Christian Andersen's Complete Fairy Tales and Stories.

Handed it down to my 4 siblings who all read it till it fell apart.
Its another name for the book.
It exactly represents religion. Go through it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by jaephoenix(m): 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Men, I am tired of your very stupid questions, you are too stupid continually for me to bear. So please, unless you have a very intelligent thing to say, something which your betters will ask, don't mention me.
Lawag3
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by jaephoenix(m): 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Men, I am tired of your very stupid questions, you are too stupid continually for me to bear. So please, unless you have a very intelligent thing to say, something which your betters will ask, don't mention me.
Can you answer the question
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by jaephoenix(m): 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2023
Wilgrea7:

I've debated TenQ a few times here. He seems like a well learned person, especially when compared to other theists here like thetruthspeaker.

I've noticed he tries to merge scientific knowledge with Christian theology, especially on issues like morality and the existence of his specific God.. although so far he has repeatedly failed to do so.
True he's smarter than DTruthSpeaker, Max, Oladegbu and our regular theists here, but he fails time after time to merge religion with science and logic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by jaephoenix(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

This is you giving your opinion (judgment) (where it is wrong in the case of the Bible) and your judgement is not based on Law but on your personal preference (which of course we all know first hand) aka bias. And every biased judgement is invalid.

So you see, you are already wrong in pre-judging a matter even before you heard it.
Say no to drugs
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by jaephoenix(m): 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2023
Wilgrea7:

I'm going to repeat everything you said just so you could see the absurdity in it. This time, I'll replace "Bible" with Koran

This is you giving your opinion (judgment) (where it is wrong in the case of the Koran) and your judgement is not based on Law but on your personal preference (which of course we all know first hand) aka bias. And every biased judgement is invalid.

So you see, you are already wrong in pre-judging a matter even before you heard it.

Now do you see how empty your statement sounds?
Engaging DTruthSpeaker in a logical debate is an excellent exercise in futility. Worse is getting him to understand scientific phenomena, and to make matters worse, he's an extremist. An ignorant religious extremist is disaster. Dude is as smart as a brick wall
And he says he's a lawyer. Like wtf

1 Like

Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by jaephoenix(m): 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

This is you being making a fool of yourself in thinking you can put a trailer's alternator in a Keke marwa just because you think it.

You started off being reasonable, stay reasonable.

The Bible I know because I have tested it and therefore I represent it. I do not know the others nor do I represent them and in recognition of this is why you asked this question. Thus, each party is supposed to make their own case as they see fit, within the Laws of debate.

And you know this but because you already know that I would give answers you can not validly counter, therefore you are already violently agitated and already primed to insult because you already know that already I have shown that you have done a wrong already.

Lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by jaephoenix(m): 2:27pm On Mar 24, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
GOD simply means SUPREME BEING even if i have never met Buhari one on one his forces are evidence that Buhari exist the evidence that my God exist is the works His Witnesses are actively doing throughout the earth! Isaiah 43:10-12
So if anyone feels that's not evidence enough let such a person prove something else exist when people throughout the earth can feel it's impact! wink
How are YOU feeling his impact grin
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by jaephoenix(m): 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2023
TenQ:

Thanks for the indirect complement. When I debate Muslims, I use their Qur'an, Tafsirs and Hadiths.
When I debate Atheists, I am compelled to use LOGIC and SCIENCE!
It is only logical since the Bible and the Faith is Fairy tale to you.

Unfortunately, you are not in a position to judge my failure or not.

Peace!
We are not judging you, its science and logic that judges you. Those enitites have rules which you break, so how can you marry them with religion
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by jaephoenix(m): 2:31pm On Mar 24, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

SOUL means CHARACTER!

Your mother is a woman that we can find millions of mothers having the same skin color, height, weight and status exactly like your mom but she can't be replaced in your life not that we can't find other women like her but she is whom she has proved to be to your all your life: Mother!

So there's nothing anyone can use to replace her in your life. That's what a soul means not something that continue existing when her heart stops beating. Ezekiel 18:4
1. How come the definition of soul differs from person to person?
2. How come soul is what is differentiating people? Does it have color or sound?
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by jaephoenix(m): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2023
Wilgrea7:

You seem to have missed my point. Every argument you try to use in favor of your book as some sort of credible evidence, can be used by others in favor of their contradictory book.

A muslim can claim to have known and tested his koran as well. same as a hindu or a sihk. Statements like this rarely do anything to move the discussion forward.

If you point to a verse in the bible that claims Yahweh created humans, a hindu can point to an opposing verse saying brahma did so, and a muslim can do the same in regards to Allah. if you want to point to scripture, which is an unsubstantiated claim, then you must provide some sort of evidence to back it up.
You really are a sweet soul. Taking your time to explain to this dude. He won't understand you, its as simple as that. He's in too deep in the deep end of religion. He's a heartbeat away from shooting you to death if you continue questioning his Yahweh. He's said so severally

1 Like

Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by jaephoenix(m): 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2023
Wilgrea7:

I by no means consider myself an overall judge on failure or success. I simply reported things as I found them. You've dodged my questions a fair number of times when pressed on these issues, hence my statement.

But nonetheless, it's always a pleasure engaging with you. I hope you're doing great. smiley
Dude is a good dodger. I give it to him. As slippery as a slippery slope fallacy grin
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:56pm On Mar 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

How are YOU feeling his impact grin
Everywhere i go people i don't know have all become my family throughout the world simply because of the impact my God have on all His worshipers globally! Isaiah 2:2-4; Zephaniah 3:9 compare to Mark 10:28-30

Don't worry about the quotations it's for those that believe in God's word! cheesy

jaephoenix:

1. How come the definition of soul differs from person to person?
2. How come soul is what is differentiating people?
3. Does it have color or sound?

1. Just as you and i think differently so people finds it really difficult to believe that the source of divine wisdom is just one that all of us need to know and trust.

2. If you're cloned today the other copy may have everything in common with you but your love, hatred and jealousy can never match so when you die the other copy can't be you! Ecclesiastes 9:6

3. Your color or sound may change due to the advancement of technology but your love, hatred and jealousy can only change due to the power in the word of God {Hebrews 4:12} unless you have a permanent memory loss! smiley
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by TenQ: 3:32pm On Mar 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

We are not judging you, its science and logic that judges you. Those enitites have rules which you break, so how can you marry them with religion
I wish you understood just a kindergarten level science and it would have been worth it.

With no apologies dear,
Right now, you are just an ordinary wannabe Atheist!

Good day!

1 Like

Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by jaephoenix(m): 3:33pm On Mar 24, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Everywhere i go people i don't know have all become my family throughout the world simply because of the impact my God have on all His worshipers globally! Isaiah 2:2-4; Zephaniah 3:9 compare to Mark 10:28-30

Don't worry about the quotations it's for those that believe in God's word! cheesy

1. Just as you and i think differently so people finds it really difficult to believe that the source of divine wisdom is just one that all of us need to know and trust.

2. If you're cloned today the other copy may have everything in common with you but your love, hatred and jealousy can never match so when you die the other copy can't be you! Ecclesiastes 9:6

3. Your color or sound may change due to the advancement of technology but your love, hatred and jealousy can only change due to the power in the word of God {Hebrews 4:12} unless you have a permanent memory loss! smiley

Lol, Max at his finest ignorance grin
1. So strangers becoming your family is attestation of yahweh's impact? So that means Brahma etc is also powerful since many monks who aren't related congregate under his name.
2. At the bolded, another gibberish. Read it and ask yourself if it makes sense. And if it makes sense, then rephrase
3. So my soul captures my psyche, emotions etc? I hope you know science can transfer that too

1 Like

Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by jaephoenix(m): 3:35pm On Mar 24, 2023
TenQ:

I wish you understood just a kindergarten level science and it would have been worth it.

With no apologies dear,
Right now, you are just an ordinary wannabe Atheist!

Good day!
Lol. Stick to the debate, bro. Leave insults.
Answer the question and lets be merry grin
All these deflections won't work on me
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by TenQ: 3:36pm On Mar 24, 2023
Wilgrea7:

I usually don't dodge any questions my dear except it is an omission. The only thing you may accuse me of is answering a question with another question when I feel that your answer is sufficient to answering the question.

I've missed you too: how's your day and work?
Stay fit!

1 Like

Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by jaephoenix(m): 3:40pm On Mar 24, 2023
TenQ:

I usually don't dodge any questions my dear except it is an omission. The only thing you may accuse me of is answering a question with another question when I feel that your answer is sufficient to answering the question.

I've missed you too: how's your day and work?
Stay fit!
Lol. You're a legend in question dodge. Example, I asked you to show me evidence of Yahweh, and how you know he's around, and you have been throwing tantrums thinking it'll dislodge me grin
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by TenQ: 3:58pm On Mar 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Of course, you started it by saying I don't know science and logic when it is you who fail miserably on both counts. Do you want me to show you examples of your goofs?

2. You don't know the meaning of "strawman arguments" and instead of finding out, you insist it's the tool of your trade. It would have been okay for you to learn to understand. A question you should have asked yourself is:
a. What is a strawman?
b. How was my question a strawman?
c. Would you appreciate a conversation where strawman arguments are routinely used for you?

3. The only tool I can use to debate Atheists is Logic and Science, it would be impossible to be below average in both and yet expect a meaningful conversation. Even if you don't know science, you should at least exhibit Truth with Logic and it would have been sufficient.

Please let's call it a day from here till another time. Thanks
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by jaephoenix(m): 4:08pm On Mar 24, 2023
TenQ:

1. Of course, you started it by saying I don't know science and logic when it is you who fail miserably on both counts. Do you want me to show you examples of your goofs?

2. You don't know the meaning of "strawman arguments" and instead of finding out, you insist it's the tool of your trade. It would have been okay for you to learn to understand. A question you should have asked yourself is:
a. What is a strawman?
b. How was my question a strawman?
c. Would you appreciate a conversation where strawman arguments are routinely used for you?

3. The only tool I can use to debate Atheists is Logic and Science, it would be impossible to be below average in both and yet expect a meaningful conversation. Even if you don't know science, you should at least exhibit Truth with Logic and it would have been sufficient.

Please let's call it a day from here till another time. Thanks
Answer the question, bro. Leave dodging grin
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by budaatum: 4:38pm On Mar 24, 2023
AnyanwuSilas:

When I say we believe, I meant we know through the electromagnetic spectrum.

The heart is a pumping machine, can you prove the existence of souls?

I am going to suggest you not say "believe" when you "know".

And no, I can't prove the existence of souls, nor minds for that matter. As I said, "those writing in those days thought the senses included the "heart and soul and mind and being". I made no claim of the existence or non-existence of any of them.
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by TenQ: 4:43pm On Mar 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol. You're a legend in question dodge. Example, I asked you to show me evidence of Yahweh, and how you know he's around, and you have been throwing tantrums thinking it'll dislodge me grin

Remember I asked you a question:
I said:
First, prove to me that: Everything that exist must have physical evidence?

Your response:

jaephoenix:

3. Its not everything that exists that have physical properties but they have other properties which can be measured ..
Me hoping that you have taken correction with your flawed definition of "physical properties"

According to YOU: "somethings" (by your definition) which does NOT have physical properties can exist!

Can you please respond:
What kind of properties do you hope to measure as evidence when such "something" doesn't have physical properties, can it be measured?

Or Are you biting your tongue now?
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by Dtruthspeaker: 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Engaging DTruthSpeaker in a logical debate is an excellent exercise in futility. Worse is getting him to understand scientific phenomena, and to make matters worse, he's an extremist. An ignorant religious extremist is disaster. Dude is as smart as a brick wall
And he says he's a lawyer. Like wtf

When the loser Is tired of Losing, slander becomes his way of argument!
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by budaatum: 4:47pm On Mar 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Its another name for the book.
It exactly represents religion. Go through it

As I said, many many times till it fell apart.

And I think it describes hypocrisy, and the gullibility of people and their desire to believe rubbish, as opposed to "represents religion", but I guess people see different things in stories so one shouldn't necessarily expect to see what you see.
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by Dtruthspeaker: 4:53pm On Mar 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Say no to drugs

Run away from stupidity! It is better you stay silent than to say something stupid.
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by TenQ: 4:57pm On Mar 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Answer the question, bro. Leave dodging grin
Your case is like an "intelligent" carpenter who want to justify the "absence of atoms" with set square, measuring tape while screaming on top of his lungs,
"bring an atom here if it exists so that we can measure it!?"

Have a nice day!
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by Dtruthspeaker: 5:08pm On Mar 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Can you answer the question

I am tired of your asking stupid questions of which every adult already knows not to ask.
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by Dtruthspeaker: 5:11pm On Mar 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

See! No one can resist not calling you a very stupid atheist.

1 Like

Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:14pm On Mar 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol, Max at his finest ignorance grin
1. So strangers becoming your family is attestation of yahweh's impact? So that means Brahma etc is also powerful since many monks who aren't related congregate under his name.
2. At the bolded, another gibberish. Read it and ask yourself if it makes sense. And if it makes sense, then rephrase
3. So my soul captures my psyche, emotions etc? I hope you know science can transfer that too

(1) If strangers from different races throughout the earth can become like a family that Jesus foretold will serve as sign that his followers will are practicing what he taught them then those religions you mentioned supposed to be Christians too but i know you can lie a lot even stubbornly saying what is not so just to console yourself in athiesm.
Ọmọ there's no religion on this planet earth that can do that except Jehovah's Witnesses.
You prove me wrong by presenting Brahma or what did you call it that are in all the countries of the world like Jehovah's Witnesses! Act 1:8

(2) My God has representatives assigned to gather His worshipers under one umbrella {John 17:20-23} but those who aren't ready to acknowledge them will never agree on the same line of thought {Luke 11:23} so just as you refused to agree with those governing my group since you don't want to subject yourself to any form of doctrine thinking you can figure things out yourself many like you are doing the same yet claiming they're believers. That's why there's contradictions here and there but we that are ready to learn have subjected ourselves to the same line of thought. 1Corinthians 1:10

(3) Of course that is impossible otherwise the company making billions of dollars through Michael Jackson's showbiz would have paid for that! wink
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by Dtruthspeaker: 5:16pm On Mar 24, 2023
TenQ:
Me hoping that you have taken correction with your flawed definition of "physical properties"..

If stupid people take correction they won't be stupid!
Re: Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists by Dtruthspeaker: 5:51pm On Mar 24, 2023
Wilgrea7:

You seem to have missed my point. Every argument you try to use in favor of your book as some sort of credible evidence, can be used by others in favor of their contradictory book.

When you have a debate do you say the same thing your opponent says? No! You make and present your own case.

And Laws of debate controls the rest. You obviously think that debates run arbitrarily. They do not!/ought not! There are Laws of reasonable debate and these Laws control everything about a debate.

And there are hundreds of Laws and procedures that control it.

Thus, everyone must make their own cases on their own in accordance with Law and cases/arguments are not made arbitrarily. Invalid arguments are crushed Law and all it takes is for an opponent to validly raise it.

So there is no issue here The Law has settled all these things and people even know them naturally so, this is not an issue at all. Every interested party can make their case but The Law would take its course and will treat the case.

And The Law approves the Bible as good evidence in this case. When a Muslim comes and "pleads" his Koran or Hindu book we would see if they are valiid under Law!

So as I said, there is no issue here. Each party will plead it's case and we shall see if it satisfies the requirements of Law!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Iron Mixed With Clay -the Cyborg Future (daniel 2:33nd43) / A Frightening Book To Read, Even For Atheists / Transcript Of God On Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.