Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,390 members, 7,836,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

We Badly Need Regional Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Badly Need Regional Government (823 Views)

If Nigeria Was To Go Back To Regional Government, Will The West Accept Tinubu / Why Cant Nigeria Return To Regional Government? / Amotekun: We Also Need Regional Security Outfit, Ohanaeze Youths Tell South-East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Badly Need Regional Government by mancoconut: 2:25am On Mar 24, 2023
Sharing nationhood with Northerners and their yoruba Muslim lackeys is the strangest and most forced union ever, we share absolutely nothing in common as people. As a matter of fact, I feel more compatriotship with someone from Cameroon, Liberia and even Ghana as an Igbo man than a Northerner from far-flung Sokoto, Kastina etc or a yorubaa entity from Osun, Oyo, Ekiti etc...it's only the core Lagosians from other tribes I can easily bond with when I'm in the diaspora due to the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos.

Honestly the hate and suspicion is just too much among the major ethnic groups in Nigeria, we can't even pretend to tolerate each other at thus point, I really the conversation about seriously restructuring this country once and for all is addressed. I would rather an Igbo man rules me in my tiny 5 state region, at least if he messes up, we can all either all sink together as one people, or rebuild together as one people.

I'm genuinely tired of being called a Nigerian tbh, if there was some way to naturalize with peaceful nations like Zambia or even Namibia, God knows I'll pay any amount to do so.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by CXLVII: 2:28am On Mar 24, 2023
After election losss 🤣🤣🤣🤣

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by ElSudani: 2:32am On Mar 24, 2023
I knew they will cry for months and months. They convinced themselves Obi was going to win even when we told them it is impossicant.

I am beginning to enjoy their wailing.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by DodadaKoKigbe: 2:59am On Mar 24, 2023
Regional government is a great idea. I support it.
Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by Lanretoye(m): 3:55am On Mar 24, 2023
No be only naturalize...them don lose election now,case don change.

3 Likes

Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by Nobody: 4:13am On Mar 24, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:
Regional government is a great idea. I support it.

If it was such a great idea, why is there so much agitation for state creation?

There is a reason why we have states, and it is because smaller tribes felt oppresssed by the big tribes.

3 Likes

Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 24, 2023
ElSudani:
I knew they will cry for months and months. They convinced themselves Obi was going to win even when we told them it is impossicant.

Problem is, APC has not done well, and more people voted against APC than for. That APC won had more to do with the divided nature of the opposition.

Your party needs to sit up. This is not about 'we won', we need some good governance.
Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by DARLYNBOI: 4:18am On Mar 24, 2023
Lanretoye:
No be only naturalize...them don lose election now,case don change.

Would God think like you are thinking now...and does this kind of thought allow your prayers to exceed your room..?

I am a typical Yoruba from ekiti but detest it when I see people display deep hatred and take unforgiving positions....however, I will appreciate it if the Igbo tribe too can table the arguments on national issues with more matured ways .
God bless us all till we find a lasting solution to our common problem
Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by sotall(m): 4:18am On Mar 24, 2023
As unpopular as this opinion is, it is the only way for Nigeria to exist peacefully and progress in unity.

It doesn't matter if many of you dont agree, very soon you will have no choice than to agree.

Only the political elites, their families, those working for them and those taking crumbs from them currently benefits from this dysfunctional Nigeria.

The majority of Nigeria are helpless and hopeless about Nigeria
Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by Nobody: 4:18am On Mar 24, 2023
mancoconut:
Sharing nationhood with Northerners and their yoruba Muslim lackeys is the strangest and most forced union ever, we share absolutely nothing in common as people. As a matter of fact, I feel more compatriotship with someone from Cameroon, Liberia and even Ghana as an Igbo man than a Northerner from far-flung Sokoto, Kastina etc or a yorubaa entity from Osun, Oyo, Ekiti etc...it's only the core Lagosians from other tribes I can easily bond with when I'm in the diaspora due to the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos.

Honestly the hate and suspicion is just too much among the major ethnic groups in Nigeria, we can't even pretend to tolerate each other at thus point, I really the conversation about seriously restructuring this country once and for all is addressed. I would rather an Igbo man rules me in my tiny 5 state region, at least if he messes up, we can all either all sink together as one people, or rebuild together as one people.

I'm genuinely tired of being called a Nigerian tbh, if there was some way to naturalize with peaceful nations like Zambia or even Namibia, God knows I'll pay any amount to do so.

You better stop crying, and get serious about 2027.

All this weeping and bigotry because your side lost an election.

For the record...Zambia has issues too. (There is a secessionist movement there right now), and so forth.

Try being like me, who since i first voted in 2003, has never been happy with any of the election results, or any of the candidates in each and every election. Including this one. It is painful for me that no candidate has any idea of the work we need to do to make this country better...including Obi, Tinubu and Atiku. It does not make me decide that I hate everyone because of that.

This your post, ehn, it sounds like a childish rant...instead of a serious discussion on regionalism.

1 Like

Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by DARLYNBOI: 4:21am On Mar 24, 2023
ElSudani:

With your position and comments on this....what makes you different from those that u are castigating.

Bro..You are been tribalistic and filled with hatred more
Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by Lanretoye(m): 4:24am On Mar 24, 2023
DARLYNBOI:

Would God think like you are thinking now...and does this kind of thought allow your prayers to exceed your room..?

I am a typical Yoruba from ekiti but detest it when I see people display deep hatred and take unforgiving positions....however, I will appreciate it if the Igbo tribe too can table the arguments on national issues with more matured ways .
God bless us all till we find a lasting solution to our common problem
see special assistant of God that is telling where and which prayers to answer...continue to support the madness of contesting elections and voting for a preferred candidate but refusing to accept the result of the election if it doesn’t favor you or your candidate.

3 Likes

Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by ElSudani: 4:51am On Mar 24, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Problem is, APC has not done well, and more people voted against APC than for. That APC won had more to do with the divided nature of the opposition.

Your party needs to sit up. This is not about 'we won', we need some good governance.

I like your comment cause good governance is the most important goal. But we won, winning is good.
Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by orisa37: 6:35am On Mar 24, 2023
THE DEVIL IS WASTING TIME.
ADOPT FAPRES AND CTTRFG. THEN THE FULLY AUTONOMOUS STATES CAN MERGE PERPENDICULARLY, HORIZONTALLY OR LATERALLY AS THEY WISH.
MOST OF OUR STATES IN NIGERIA ARE BIGGER AND LARGER THAN MOST COUNTRIES IN EUROPE.
Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by KanwuliaExtra: 6:42am On Mar 24, 2023
Start with what we have.
Everys state has enough power to improve the welfare of their citizens.
The National assemble is not responsible for non-payment of teachers and pensioners.

Hold your governors accountable always.
Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 24, 2023
mancoconut:

Keep attacking Northerners and Yorubas who are way better off than you Igbos. I don't know who you think will suffer if regional governance arrive today if not Igbos.

You Igbo, as the mentally lazy, covetous and materialistic people you are, will be decimated by regional governance you ignoramus. This is because everything of worth you have built is outside ala Igbo. As simple as that.

Ignorance, disregard of reality, hate and bigotry will always fog the vision of the average Igbo. This is why most of you should never put your childish mouth in adult issues.

5 Likes

Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by weyreypey: 6:52am On Mar 24, 2023
mancoconut:

Post Loss Traumatic Stress Disorder
PLTSD

2 Likes

Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 24, 2023
weyreypey:

Post Loss Traumatic Stress Disorder
PLTSD

Exactly. If people are going to talk about regional Governance should it be those ignorant of what it entails and how such will affect them like the OP?

I wonder if he has thought about what would happen to the main source of Igbo man's income in Nigeria which is trading in markets around the entire Nigeria especially the SW with the biggest Middle class of our nation and the biggest purchasing power.

Overnight Igbos will be seeking food on the street because indigenes, even if they will mess it up, will take over markets in their own States under regional governance even if they will then use Igbo 'handler' or proxies. 100% guaranteed.

Can the purchasing power of the buyers in ala Igbo sustain Igbo sellers and balance out the desolate and worthless economy of the SE's parasitic dependence on the income Igbos make outside the SE in markets across Nigeria?

Na only Nzogbu Nzogbu dem know. Logical reasoning and critical thinking na zero.

2 Likes

Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by lexylaw40: 7:12am On Mar 24, 2023
Mr Osuu ..we have had enough of your jagons ....pls go back to your region.
Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 24, 2023
lexylaw40:
Mr Osuu ..we have had enough of your jagons ....pls go back to your region.

The guy is even highly ignorant. Before demanding regional governance, has he and other Igbos never wondered why their leaders are morbidly silent about it while Yoruba leaders are unitedly and confidently demanding it?

Unlike the average Igbo who is an Nzogbu Nzogbu dreamer, Igbo leaders know it is Igbos who need others badly, since they have nothing at all to offer Nigeria but take a lot from Nigerians.

The fact is that most Igbos are like toddlers even as they like to see themselves as intelligent. They don't live in the adult world and don't wish to.

3 Likes

Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by Ertugrul: 8:10am On Mar 24, 2023
Kobonaire4:

If it was such a great idea, why is there so much agitation for state creation?

There is a reason why we have states, and it is because smaller tribes felt oppresssed by the big tribes.
Yes you have a point, but this oppression can be mitigated with an electoral college system where population would not be the major factor to determine votes... only a regional system can save Nigeria..
Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 24, 2023
Ertugrul:

Yes you have a point, but this oppression can be mitigated with an electoral college system where population would not be the major factor to determine votes... only a regional system can save Nigeria..

1.Regions did not work. Again there is a cold reason why most Nigerians prefer states. The state capital is closer to home than the regional capital

2. Electoral college basically takes voting rights from most people and vests it in the hands of a few. Also very imperfect.

3. If you are angry because of this past election, we lost because we were.divided

1 Like

Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by Ertugrul: 8:16am On Mar 24, 2023
Let me respond to the empty headed template guy, igbos will benefit greatly from regional system, this system doesn't mean that the private sector in other places will be decimated...so how will igbos in other parts of Nigeria loose their wealth, do u have common sense at all? A regional system where the governments of the regions will strive hard to encourage economic growth and u think they will decimate the businesses in their regions? Please go and sit down if u have nothing to say
Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by Naajjii: 8:17am On Mar 24, 2023
mancoconut:

How come you people don't push for regional government or Biafra naturally or sincerely? You only resort to regional government or Biafra after an event did not go your way.

3 Likes

Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by Ertugrul: 8:21am On Mar 24, 2023
Kobonaire4:

1.Regions did not work. Again there is a cold reason why most Nigerians prefer states. The state capital is closer to home than the regional capital

2. Electoral college basically takes voting rights from most people and vests it in the hands of a few. Also very imperfect.

3. If you are angry because of this past election, we lost because we were.divided
A regional system doesn't mean we must replicate what was done in the past, a few tweaks to ensure ethnicities of similar backgrounds are lumped together to ensure bigger economies..

Electoral college is important to reduce oppression, a whole other factors should be taken into consideration not only population, there is no perfect system for sure, but majority vote system based on population is cancer for democracy...

The elections have come and gone, BAT is our president, let us see how it goes, i hope he stays healthy and makes the country better
Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by blabulu2000: 8:27am On Mar 24, 2023
mancoconut:
Sharing nationhood with Northerners and their yoruba Muslim lackeys is the strangest and most forced union ever, we share absolutely nothing in common as people. As a matter of fact, I feel more compatriotship with someone from Cameroon, Liberia and even Ghana as an Igbo man than a Northerner from far-flung Sokoto, Kastina etc or a Yoruba entity from Osun, Oyo, Ekiti, etc...it's only the core Lagosians from other tribes I can easily bond with when I'm in the diaspora due to the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos.

Honestly, the hate and suspicion are just too much among the major ethnic groups in Nigeria, we can't even pretend to tolerate each other at this point, and the conversation about seriously restructuring this country once and for all is addressed. I would rather an Igbo man rule me in my tiny 5 state region, at least if he messes up, we can all either sink together as one people or rebuild together as one people.

In. Country where rule of law is working. You should have been in jail with all this crap you have written..but since you are in Nigeria where anything goes ..you are free to keep vomiting gutter in your brain to the social media platform.
..if this is not discrimination against some ethnic and religious sects .. Then tell me what is it...

Your fore-father had the opportunity to go their separate ways in 1960...but because of Nnamdi Azikiwe's political ambition...he aligned with the northerners to become a figure-head president....also, Aguyi Ironsi was a military dictator for 6 months ....he had the opportunity to press for Balkanization but he didn't do it then....now that your region and tribe is powerless ...you then came all manner of rhetoric....

Oni kuure

2 Likes

Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by BloomingDale(f): 8:44am On Mar 24, 2023
OneTemplate:

The guy is even highly ignorant. Before demanding regional governance, has he and other Igbos never wondered why their leaders are morbidly silent about it while Yoruba leaders are unitedly and confidently demanding it?

Unlike the average Igbo who is an Nzogbu Nzogbu dreamer, Igbo leaders know it is Igbos who need others badly, since they have nothing at all to offer Nigeria but take a lot from Nigerians.

The fact is that most Igbos are like toddlers even as they like to see themselves as intelligent. They don't live in the adult world and don't wish to.

If the SW demand for Regional government and resource control is so true, why did a lot of their states not consent to the LG autonomy bill recently passed?

1 Like

Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by Deogratias0030(m): 9:29am On Mar 24, 2023
ElSudani:

See u.,..as if anything will reach u from the same bad government; except that he is from ur religion or tribe. Oh foolish and low thinking Nigerians! They reminded you that you have same religion and tribe with them and you voted them. Now go and meet them and remind them same thing they reminded of and see how they will now remind you of ur surname. Foolish Nigerians!!!
Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by Reality3080: 9:40am On Mar 24, 2023
CXLVII:
After election losss 🤣🤣🤣🤣

igbos don start again

This is how they will insult everyone n once it’s 3 months to election they will start acting nice forgetting that people will remember their insults

2 Likes

Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by ElSudani: 1:53pm On Mar 24, 2023
DARLYNBOI:

With your position and comments on this....what makes you different from those that u are castigating.

Bro..You are been tribalistic and filled with hatred more[/b]

This is coming from people who were threatening and attacking everyone before the elections.
You have suddenly turned to angels 😇. Others are the tribalistic and hateful.
Re: We Badly Need Regional Government by PoloG: 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2023
so why did igbos plan coup to scatter regional government left by the british?

(1) (Reply)

How Will Druglords Tinubu Appointed As Director In Compass Ltd Influence Policy / President Tinubu Appoints Femi Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff|omohglobalnews / Nnpc’s $3bn Loan Is A Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Says Atiku's Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.