Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan (13773 Views)

What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . / Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test / Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari’s Comments Confirm Fraud In 2019 Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by chokekachy: 10:57am On Mar 24, 2023
‘Go to Court’ is a metaphor that symbolizes impunity. It represents the reprehensible notion of ‘nothing dey happen’ or ‘na we dey there’.

It means stealing the King’s trumpet and blowing it in the market square and the King can do but nothing.

2/ The Nigerian judiciary has a duty to itself. It should use the presidential election petition to demonstrate that you can ‘Come to Court’ and find justice.

https://twitter.com/officialKolaO/status/1639191763972943872?t=INMB83UYuZWhCUVAndq7Kg&s=19

78 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by id4sho(m): 10:57am On Mar 24, 2023
Spot on, naso Ike ekweremadus do anyhow in UK and authorities ain't having any of that tongue

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by Fahdiga(m): 10:58am On Mar 24, 2023
Go to court, go to court don turn to Obi is trying to intimidate the judiciary and steal Thiefnubuu's mandate. Thiefnubuu don swallow wetin pass him. Everyday for the thief but one day for the owner.

161 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by Massiveglory: 10:59am On Mar 24, 2023
Go to court. Go to court.

Dem push daddy go court.
Only say dem no expect or believe wetin daddy carry go court.
Dem bi de busy de look home, PODATTI carry dem go away grin

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by NaijaSumigan: 10:59am On Mar 24, 2023
Absolutely! Go to court means no justice. They believed they own the court. Let's see what the Nigerian Judiciary will do as it concerns this case. The world is watching.

Even the court can't say Tinubu should be declared as President without sorting out all necessary issues. Why did INEC Chairman hurriedly mentioned Tinubu as the winner despite the fact that IREV couldn't upload results as promised.

No explanation when Dino Melaye openly questioned Mamood. Mamood knew his game plan, kept mute without any explanation. I don't see Tinubu winning this. No matter how far they think they can confuse the people, GOD has exposed them all.

The method INEC used is very disgraceful and extremely dubious. No explanation to the people when they asked you, you kept telling them in the middle of the game to go to court.

What a stupid INEC Chairman. It shows he lacks the experience to rig despite they planned rigging and GOD exposed them through the loopholes.

They all messed up with the wrong man which is PETER OBI (Our President).

The process must be void of wuru wuru and mago mago.

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 24, 2023
grin
Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by Aufbauh(m): 11:00am On Mar 24, 2023
People who are afraid to go to court for redress know either that they don't have a case to prove or because they themselves have compromised the court in time past.

Summarily they're either hunted by their inaccurate submission or the ghost of their former past.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by brosom(m): 11:01am On Mar 24, 2023
Whenever time a thief tells u to go to court, know that his colleague is the chief judge.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by IgOga(m): 11:02am On Mar 24, 2023
Go to court grin grin grin

Considering it was the favourite phrase of President Olusegun Obasanjo of the PDP grin

Meanwhile our court system has worked well.

1. Peter Obi of APGA reclaimed his mandate from PDP in Court

2. Governor Mimiko of LP reclaimed his mandate from PDP

3. Governor Rashidi Ladoja of PDP in Oyo state was reinstated after court decared is impeachment null and void.

4. Governor Peter Obi of APGA's impeachment was crushed in Court

5. Governor Elect David Lyon of APC Bayelsa was not sworn in after supreme court found that his deputy, Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo, presented false information to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)

6. etc

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by Fahdiga(m): 11:06am On Mar 24, 2023
Aufbauh:
People who are afraid to go to court for redress know either that they don't have a case to prove or because they themselves have compromised the court in time past.

Thiefnubuu's agbada don hook for barbwire.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by Aufbauh(m): 11:10am On Mar 24, 2023
Fahdiga:
Thiefnubuu's agbada don hook for barbwire.
Eyaa.... I can feel & relate with your frustration for labouring in vain with high hope and the pain of wailing since 2015.

I know It's not easy with you boy, but take heart cos once there's life there's hope.

15 Likes

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by muykem: 11:12am On Mar 24, 2023
if you don't go to court, where do you want to go for your grievances.

5 Likes

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by Fahdiga(m): 11:18am On Mar 24, 2023
Aufbauh:

Eyaa.... I can feel & relate with your frustration for labouring in vain with high hope and the pain of wailing since 2015.

I know It's not easy with you boy, but take heart cos once there's life there's hope.
I feel happy and fulfilled knowing I always make the right decision at any given time. We warned you guys about Buhari in 2015 but you failed to listen and now you are regretting your actions. Same way we are warning you about Tinubu now. My happiness is that you guys won't have your way this time around because Obi and not Tinubu will be sworn in as the president, So give this useless advise to yourself and fellow zombies.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by ThugCheetah(m): 11:21am On Mar 24, 2023
Fahdiga:
Go to court, go to court don turn to Obi is trying to intimidate the judiciary and steal Thiefnubuu's mandate. Thiefnubuu don swallow wetin pass him. Everyday for the thief but one day for the owner.
meanwhile they are the ones that asked us to go to court. Where will they send us to go this time? grin

29 Likes

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by Fahdiga(m): 11:26am On Mar 24, 2023
ThugCheetah:
meanwhile they are the ones that asked us to go to court. Where will they send us to go this time? grin
To Iragbiji.

9 Likes

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by Spirit247: 11:28am On Mar 24, 2023
In another News, marrying the Will of GOD ALMIGHTY to fulfill the Marital Destiny for which HE Created you is very important. The most important Reason why you need to marry the Will of your CREATOR is for Birthing Heavenly Assigned Children that HE wants to send to this World to Help Humanity Malachi 2:15, Hebrews 13:4 This is why Satan hates marriage with perfect hatred, that is why he is popularizing Homosexuality, Baby Mamaness, etc. I also see one of his Agents on NL Scaring and Cursing any Guy that wants to marry non-Virgin. What he doesn't tell People is that a true Bornagain non-Virgin Lady is better that a demonic Virgin that hates God. I know a guy that married a Virgin, yet this girl would wake my guy up in the mid night telling him to go and do Blood Money Ritual, saying she's tried of living in rented 3 Bedroom Flat and managing Life. After 2 Children, the girl that was married as a Virgin started fvcking around and my friend eventually died of Strange Hypertension.

This may be situation of someone here too.
Dearlove2me:
The truth is right now, I feel like going somewhere for a while. I feel like I need rest. Somewhere I can forget about all my problems and breathe a fresh air.
My husband has not been honest with me since the beginning of this marriage and I doubt if this is an attitude of a man that loves

He has always been in debt even before I married him. and he wouldn't let me know what he do with the money he keeps borrowing from people. Even my friends I introduced to him, he is owning them and can't pay back.

The bad side is, he borrows and stop picking their calls not respond nicely to them.
He behalves badly to them.
I'm suspecting he's into some kind of addiction that demands money. Maybe gambling but he wouldn't tell me.
He's constantly on his phone.

He is owning loan app everywhere. To the extent that the app had to send hurrible messages to his contact's lists including his bosses, office colleagues and my relatives.
It's so embarrassing and tiring.
He has apologized several times that I should give him time to work on himself to stop an addiction, but he refused to explain what it is. Claiming that I might leave him if I know.
But he has not changed abit.
We are always hungry in this house. No baby food for my 6months old baby, no pampers and everything is total struggle. I quit my job last year but I'll soon start job search once my baby grow a little.
In this house, If I don't look for food, then, we starve, I don't look for means of getting pampers, food, wears,then my baby will suffer, because his daddy is not capable of providing anything for us. It's so annoying.

I have dreams before I married him, but right now, I feel lost. There's no romance, no love, no affection in this marriage anymore, as I wouldn't even let him touch me because of the stress, suffer he constantly brings on us.

Money I raised to start up a business, (340k) I ended up using it to pay for his debt last two months because the people were always coming to embarrass us in the house and neighbors were coming to pleade on our behalf. I had to clear up the loan, yet he couldn't explain what he did with the money.
With that start up capital, I would have been growing by now, but here I am. Still at the zero point.

I'm really tired
I'm so confused here.
What should I do?
What would you advise?

Please, before it becomes too late for you, locate an MFM Church close to your place and quickly enroll for 3 Days Dry Fasting Deliverance Program for your Husband. You can be going from home daily for the 3 Days. I did same years ago even though I'm not a member of MFM Church. The very day I finished the Dry Fasting Program was the exact day that my unsuspected Step Mom, who I've not heard from for 11 Years since my Dad died, called me to confess that she's sorry for Preventing my Progress with Witchcraft, she seriously apologized and vowed that she has removed her hand from my case. That was the very month I got my first Contract in Abuja instead of Salary job where I have submitted CV for 3 long Years after graduating, while squatting with a friend that was already tired and on the brink of throwing me out.

The major Prayer you should focus on is saying:" My Husband(Name) the Son of so(mother) and so(father) Blood of JESUS wash away all your Sins, and Consuming Fire of the CREATOR of Humanity roast to ashes from your Life every Bewitchment Chains of indebtedness in JESUS' Pure Name!!!!!!! It is impossible for you to Pay this urgent Spiritual Price for your Husband and for him not to become a Multi-Millionaire soonest. He shall Prosper beyond your widest imagination, they attacked him because they saw his Glorious Destiny. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10. I Speak to you by Prophecy, it is left for you to Progress in Salvation SPIRIT or to continue to regress into being enslaved by Flesh. I wish you all the good you wish yourself in Life.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by Nato008(m): 11:28am On Mar 24, 2023
Wait oh, is that not the picture of cJ on wheelchair abeg 🤣....so Sahara reporters were right all along self

12 Likes

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by AnambraPRINCE78(m): 11:28am On Mar 24, 2023
OBI STILL COULDN'T BRING UP A SUBSTANTIAL CASE AGAINST JAGABAN IN COURT

HE OBI IS JUST NATURALLY DULL

5 Likes

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:28am On Mar 24, 2023
Okay
Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by Godsfrezx: 11:28am On Mar 24, 2023
Ellu p from
To
bottom
We must recover our mandate
Like for Obi
Share for Tinubu

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by AntiChristian: 11:28am On Mar 24, 2023
grin

Justice is served only when LP wins! Otherwise, it's injustice aka rape of democracy!

LP- The New Nigerian Sinless Party!

I'm still trying to calculate how Obi won SW (minus Lagos) NE and NW? That's 17 states!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by AImiron: 11:29am On Mar 24, 2023
"Go to court" literally means "wuló tébo"
Nah your headache if you no sabi Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by Vyzz: 11:29am On Mar 24, 2023
grin

Be Calm, Obi is in court grin

6 Likes

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by tiswell(m): 11:29am On Mar 24, 2023
imagine the audacity by the gworo chewing almajiri quota system prof.

5 Likes

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by castrokins(m): 11:29am On Mar 24, 2023
I Agree With Him

2 Likes

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by IpobAntidote: 11:29am On Mar 24, 2023
Fahdiga:
Dumbest NL OSU slave MOFO.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by DeTruthh: 11:29am On Mar 24, 2023
'We won the election and we will prove it'
-Peter Obi

The important word there for me is 'prove'. E dey give me joy.
😊

6 Likes

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by oluseyiforjesus(m): 11:30am On Mar 24, 2023
We will meet in court in Nigeria is never a threat..........
If they mistakenly sworn in Tinubu then Obi should go n prepare for 2027
Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by Saidfx(m): 11:31am On Mar 24, 2023
*WHAT PRESIDENT-ELECT BOLA TINUBU OWES NIGERIANS; WHAT NIGERIANS OWE THE IN-COMING PRESIDENT BOLA AHMED TINUBU*
*By*
*PROF. YEMI OKE, Ph.D, FCTI, FCArb.*
---------------------------------------------
*This is in the spirit of the Holy, blessed Month of Ramadan.*

Elections have come and gone. The battle now shifts to the arena of the legal profession that produces lawyers, as practitioners and Judges or Justices, as adjudicators. At this stage, my profession takes over, as INEC, candidates and their supporters become mere “spectators”.

The above notwithstanding, the act of serious, progressive and purposeful governance must immediately commence and continue pending legal battles.

The President-Elect is no longer for the APC. He has declared that he is for APC as much as for PDP, LP, and other major political parties in Nigeria. More importantly, he has also declared that the new administration will govern for the benefit of those who voted for or against it.

This makes the task of the up-coming administration of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the President-Elect of the Federal Republic of Nigeria a matter of national and institutional obligations to Nigerians and for Nigeria. But, the flip side of good governance shows that followership also plays a major role in the success or failure of leadership.

It is becoming increasingly apparent that, in Nigeria, it takes good followership to have good governance. Conversely, it takes an inefficient, bad leadership for the manifestation of the negative effects of bad followership.

The above brings me to the six (6) key issues on balance of responsibilities between the in-coming President and Nigerians, captioned: *What President-Elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu Owes Nigerians; What Nigerians Owe in-Coming President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.*

(1) *Responsive Leadership vs Patriotic Followership*

At this point in the vulnerability of the Nigerian polity, it is a matter of institutional responsibility for the new administration to ensure a major shift in paradigm and avoid needless politicking over and above national interest in appointments, governance and sharing of dividends of democracy.

Nigerians had been assured and promised, while on the streets, fields and market squares campaigning that the new administration will be constituted by decent, knowledgeable, responsible and high-performing professionals who will deploy their skills and talents to solve national problems.

Nigerians owe it as a sacred national duty and responsibility to support the administration of Bola Ahmed Tinubu. We must avoid petty criminalities that undermine good governance in all our endeavours. We are not doing Bola Tinubu a favour by being responsible citizens, we are just tasking the leadership to reciprocate the gesture with responsive and responsible leadership and governance.

(2) *Security of Lives and Properties*

This is basic and fundamental. Quite frankly, it is the essence of governance, being the primary responsibilities of government at all levels.

Developed countries hardly fence their properties because fellow citizens or residents will not need to invade their homes. Criminal elements are mindful that the systems will definitely detect and maximally punish them for criminality.

The duty of the new administration is to strictly enforce the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria against any erring persons, irrespective of political, social or economic affiliation. It is a sacred obligation of all Nigerians, irrespective of status, to abide by the laws of the country. Common excuses of poverty and joblessness as basis for cyber criminalities and sundry crimes should never be acceptable.

President Tinubu can never and will never be the victim but you and I are, as common Nigerians.

(3) *Electricity and Power Sector Reforms*

This, to me, is a passion. Please recall my earlier article captioned *"How Bola Tinubu Presidency May Approach and Solve Power Sector Challenges"* (dated December 16, 2022, available on-line) and the numerous media interviews, books, articles, and my inaugural lecture titled: *“An Answer’ In Search of ‘A Question’: A Pioneer’s Prognosis of the Nigerian Electricity Law”* and other experts’ interventions by others, which would sufficiently have addressed the power sector challenges.

After about two decades of consistent advocacies, the Federal Government recently backed-off from over-centralisation (Federalization) of the national grid system. While acknowledging that the constitutional amendment is long-overdue, being the highpoint point of my theory, *Decentralsied Energy Options-DEOPs*, sadly, only one out of the twenty-point (20) power sector reforms initiatives has been complied with.

The new administration owes it a duty to revisit and aggressively but positively re-structure the Nigerian power sector. Nigerians owe it a duty to pay bills for the electricity consumed, as it is a crime to consume electricity and not pay while it is also wrong to pay for electricity not consumed. Added to this, the regulator should be much more effective and responsive.

(4) *Office of National Academic Adviser*

The imperative of an *Office of National Academic Adviser (NAA)* has been well stated in my article titled *“Tinubu Presidency, Academic Affairs and Students of Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria”* (dated January 8, 2023, available on-line).

The peculiarities of academic issues and challenges in our tertiary institutions is not one that could be addressed only under the existing bureaucratic structures of the Ministry of Education, National Universities Commission (NUC), National Board of Technical Education (NBTE) and others. Any attempt to subject the issue of tertiary education, the student loan scheme, sustained quality of tertiary education, welfare of academic and non-teaching staff of tertiary institutions, incessant strikes by ASUU and other unions in our universities, including polytechnics and colleges of education and sundry challenges under the existing bureaucracy might undermine the efficiency of policy measures aimed at dealing with the challenges.

This is one of the reasons why the *Office of National Academic Adviser* is a matter of national imperative.

The reciprocal obligations on students, staff and other stakeholders in the tertiary education sector is an improved quality of teaching and research, and consequently, positive impacts on national productivity, growth and development.

(5) *Economic Development, Youth and Wealth Creation*

All is certainly not well with Nigeria’s economy. Expectations are very high on all campaign promises made on economic recovery, wealth creation, youth and entrepreneurial development.

A critical mass of Nigerian youth, otherwise called the “JAPA generation” and bad elements called "cyber-gangsters (yahoo boys and girls"wink might ordinarily not have resorted to leaving the country or taking to cyber criminality as an option if viable alternatives are created.

The new administration must, as a matter of institutional responsibility, create and stimulate opportunities for wealth generation for teeming Nigerian youth(s).

The youth owe it a duty to give the administration of Aswiaju Bola Tinubu a chance, and build the nation with him and his administration while those who have perpetually opted for criminalities can be identified and dealt with as isolated cases.

(6) *Health and Heath Institutions*

The sad conviction, today, of the Former Deputy Senate President of Nigeria, Senator Ike Ekeremadu leaves a sour taste in our mouth as Nigerians. Our health institutions have largely failed or are failing. Infrastructure in our teaching, general hospitals including tertiary health institutions and clinics are abysmally poor and deplorable.

The "Ekeremadus" of this country and other Nigerians often opt to travel abroad for medical treatments in the hands of the same Nigerian doctors and other medical professionals who are doing “wonders” in foreign health institutions having been forced to relocate abroad amidst deplorable working environment and conditions of service.

The new administration owes it a duty to urgently reverse the ugly trends while Nigerians also owe reciprocal obligations to look after their health, live well and responsibly, and also avoid patronizing quackery practice/practitioners of medicine and medication.

*Conclusion*

The above six (6) items are certainly not exhaustive, but only a list of assumed priorities of the country.

Infrastructure, revenue and others are also inclusive. It is a long list of expectations of Nigerians on the new, coming administration of the President-Elect, Asiwju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

*Nigerians owe it a duty to support and cooperate with their new President to do his utmost best to ensure that the country works for all of us. Doing this would not be a favour done to the new President but as a sacred duty we owe ourselves and Nigeria, our dear Country.*

*God forbid: if the coming administration of Aswiaju Bola Tinubu fails or is caused or made to fail, all of us as Nigerians would have failed, and fail woefully. The consequences or effects will be on us as Nigerians*.

*If we support the new President to succeed, it is certainly a gain for all of us. We all then become direct beneficiaries of a better and prosperous Federal Republic of Nigeria.*

*Now that the season of politics, politicking and electioneering is over, it is time for all of us to collaborate, team-up and get Nigeria working again under PRESIDENT BOLA AHMED TINUBU*.

*This GIANT called NIGERIA must rise, and never fall again!*

---------------
*PROF. YEMI OKE, PhD, FCArb, FCTI*
*National Coordinator BAT’23 Academic Group*

(Frm. Member, Policy, Research & Strategy, Presidential Campaign Council of AP

*March 23, 2022*

*Email: yemioke@msn.com*

WhatSapp/SMS only *0802-314-8096*

2 Likes

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by NothingDoMe: 11:31am On Mar 24, 2023
Thank you!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Falana & Funmi Iyanda On Fuel Subsidy Removal - Channels TV / Timi Frank Advises Saraki: "Watch Your Back While Relating With Oyegun" / 'if Buhari Wins, Nigerians Will Be Running To Neighboring Countries To Feed - Fa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.