Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Need Advice About Starting A Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need Advice About Starting A Website (400 Views)

A Wanna Be Blogger Needs Advice About Webhosting / Things To Know Before Starting A Blog / Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice About Starting A Website by ibinaboonline: 3:56pm On Mar 24, 2023
I'm looking to start my own website. I confess I have no prior experience. My question is; now that you can't pay for international transactions with your naira Mastercard or Visa card anymore, how are you guys paying for web services like GoDaddy, web.com, etc?
I'm really frustrated.
Re: Need Advice About Starting A Website by isaac101: 8:45pm On Mar 24, 2023
use local host
Re: Need Advice About Starting A Website by nnamdiosu(m): 9:24pm On Mar 24, 2023
ibinaboonline:
I'm looking to start my own website. I confess I have no prior experience. My question is; but that you can't pay for international transactions with your naira Mastercard or Visa card anymore, for are you guys playing for web services like GoDaddy, web.com, etc?
I'm really frustrated.

Virtual cards like payday can bee used to pay.
However as you are starting, you don't need to buy a web service now till you are ready.

Pm me for any other questions
Re: Need Advice About Starting A Website by ibinaboonline: 10:42pm On Mar 24, 2023
Email sent. But why don't I need to buy a web service just yet?
nnamdiosu:

Virtual cards like payday can bee used to pay.
However as you are starting, you don't need to buy a web service now till you are ready.

Pm me for any other questions
Re: Need Advice About Starting A Website by ibinaboonline: 10:43pm On Mar 24, 2023
Which do you suggest? Are they as good as web.com?
isaac101:
use local host
Re: Need Advice About Starting A Website by nnamdiosu(m): 9:30am On Mar 25, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Email sent. But why don't I need to buy a web service just yet?

Because you are still building the website and don't know when it will finish. If you buy the web service for instance in Jan and you build till April, you annual subscription would have started since January and would have been wasting till April.

So you just need to finish building and testing, then buy the web service and deploy your website.
Re: Need Advice About Starting A Website by ibinaboonline: 9:40am On Mar 25, 2023
I'm apparently over my head. You know, resources like web.com offer to provide templates (sort of build the site for you) so all you have to do is buy their annual hosting subscription with everything else in the package. I'll appreciate it if you can guide me.
nnamdiosu:

Because you are still building the website and don't know when it will finish. If you buy the web service for instance in Jan and you build till April, you annual subscription would have started since January and would have been wasting till April.

So you just need to finish building and testing, then buy the web service and deploy your website.
Re: Need Advice About Starting A Website by nnamdiosu(m): 9:51am On Mar 25, 2023
ibinaboonline:
I'm apparently over my head. You know, resources like web.com offer to provide templates (sort of build the site for you) so all you have to do is buy their annual hosting subscription with everything else in the package. I'll appreciate it if you can guide me.

Personally I think that's a wrong approach...except you don't want to learn how to build yourself.

But if you want to learn how to build websites, then get a tutor who can train you, (which will help you learn faster and more solid) or you learn vis YouTube or other free websites (slower but steadily).

Then when you've master that to a degree, you can now begin to host it yourself. That way you have perfect control over your files.
Re: Need Advice About Starting A Website by ibinaboonline: 10:05am On Mar 25, 2023
Hmm. I know you're absolutely correct. If I can have enough time to learn how to build a website, while also building the site I wish to build, and also doing my very time consuming work at the same time, then it will be doable.
nnamdiosu:

Personally I think that's a wrong approach...except you don't want to learn how to build yourself.

But if you want to learn how to build websites, then get a tutor who can train you, (which will help you learn faster and more solid) or you learn vis YouTube or other free websites (slower but steadily).

Then when you've master that to a degree, you can now begin to host it yourself. That way you have perfect control over your files.

Re: Need Advice About Starting A Website by nnamdiosu(m): 10:12am On Mar 25, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Hmm. I know you're absolutely correct. If I can have enough time to learn how to build a website, while also building the site I wish to build, and also doing my very time consuming work at the same time, then it will be doable.

Wat work do u do bro
Re: Need Advice About Starting A Website by ibinaboonline: 12:05pm On Mar 25, 2023
Technical writer.
nnamdiosu:

Wat work do u do bro
Re: Need Advice About Starting A Website by nnamdiosu(m): 2:12pm On Mar 25, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Technical writer.

That shouldn't disturb your learning the skill. Every thing in life is about determination.

I also am a certified instructor in web development.
Pm me again if you are interested
Re: Need Advice About Starting A Website by ibinaboonline: 8:43pm On Mar 25, 2023
That shouldn't disturb your learning the skill.
You've no idea grin. I could hit the computer by 8 in the morning and go to bed by 11 pm. In any case, I think site123.me is perfect for my needs. It's how to pay them that's the problem now. I still haven't mustered the bravery to get a Palm pay card, or whatever they call it, at the rate of over 800 naira per dollar.
nnamdiosu:

That shouldn't disturb your learning the skill. Every thing in life is about determination.

Re: Need Advice About Starting A Website by ibinaboonline: 4:22am On Mar 26, 2023
That shouldn't disturb your learning the skill.
You've no idea grin. I could hit the computer by 8 in the morning and go to bed by 11 pm. In any case, I think site123.me is perfect for my needs. It's how to pay them that's the problem now. I still haven't mustered the bravery to get a Palm pay card, or whate
nnamdiosu:

Re: Need Advice About Starting A Website by online4business: 10:08am On Mar 27, 2023
People go about it the wrong way

Here's what you need to ask yourself.

How can I make money with the site. Your niche and competition

Learn keyword research: long tail keyword kgr and zero search volume keyword for at least 3 months

Learn SEO the most popular SEO channels on YouTube are garbage.

Learn fringe SEO citations, image SEO, knowledge graphs lsi sematic and entities

Start with keyword research and on page SEO( the way you outline your article.

Google Chris Carter from buildersociety and read the article.

One last thing learning how to build website should be the least of your concern rather your focus should be on creating content that bring in visitors.

Learn influential writing it'll get people coming back for more of your content.
Re: Need Advice About Starting A Website by ibinaboonline: 6:59am On Mar 29, 2023
My main concern should be creating content that will bring visitors where? To my social media page? How do you know making money is a priority or goal for the person starting a website or blog? Maybe the person trying to launch his/her website is already an SEO pro and is now ready to launch a new property?
online4business:
People go about it the wrong way

Here's what you need to ask yourself.

How can I make money with the site. Your niche and competition

Learn keyword research: long tail keyword kgr and zero search volume keyword for at least 3 months

Learn SEO the most popular SEO channels on YouTube are garbage.

Learn fringe SEO citations, image SEO, knowledge graphs lsi sematic and entities

Start with keyword research and on page SEO( the way you outline your article.

Google Chris Carter from buildersociety and read the article.

One last thing learning how to build website should be the least of your concern rather your focus should be on creating content that bring in visitors.

Learn influential writing it'll get people coming back for more of your content.

(1) (Reply)

Cost Effective Web Hosting / Numerous Ways You Duplicate Content Unknowingly As A Blogger / Understanding Facebook Privacy Checkup in few words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.