Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,960 members, 7,952,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:11 AM

5 Reasons Why You Easily Forget Things And What You Should Do - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Reasons Why You Easily Forget Things And What You Should Do (171 Views)

Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? / I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? / Please help me out I Forget Things Too Often. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Easily Forget Things And What You Should Do by Chuks444: 4:25pm On Mar 24, 2023
1. Encoding failure

Information is moved from short-term to long-term memory by encoding. It is the initial phase of memory formation. We occasionally lose track of things when the information was not properly encoded. Failure in encoding is what this is. Incorrect encoding prevents information from being stored in long-term memory, which prevents us from retrieving it later. This could occur when we are not paying attention, when we are preoccupied, or when the information is irrelevant to us.

2. Decay

Deterioration is the second cause of our forgetfulness. When memories deteriorate over time, decay happens. A memory is more likely to deteriorate the longer we are unable to recall it. For instance, you might eventually forget a lot of what you learned if you studied a new language in school but never used it again.

Read more>>>https://heathlinecare.com/2023/03/24/reasons-why-you-easily-forget-things-and-what-you-should-do/

(1) (Reply)

The Importance Of Consistent Contraceptive Use For Effective Pregnancy Preventio / Addiction Treatment In MA - What Type Of Programs Are Available? / Post-surgical Bunion Treatment And Recovery Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.