Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? (27347 Views)

I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? / Baby In Pains As Her Head Continues To Swell Due To Medical Condition. Photos / Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by FavourWrites(f): 10:40am On Mar 04, 2022
Please help me Nairalander! Do I have a medical problem? Why do I forget things a lot?

Here’s the thing, I am someone who forgets things a lot. This may not sound like a big deal to you, but this problem is ruining the relationship I have with people.

There’ll be times when my friends would call telling me to do stuff for them, and the next day when we meet and they ask for the feedback, I’ll be there looking stupid because I didn’t remember them calling me at all. This is a problem because most times they think I faking the fact that I failed to remember.

I’ll be nineteen in a few months but I’m seriously worried for myself. I’m the kind of person who buys about three PEN every single day because I always forget where I dropped the last ones.

Don’t get me wrong, I do well in school, I currently have a 4.8 CGPA. The things I’m taught in school always seem to stick in my head, but every other thing doesn’t.

I have lost a lot of valuable friends because of this. Yes! It’s that bad.

There was a time I had a huge quarrel with a toxic friend, we ended up breaking up our friendship. But when the next semester began, I started wondering why she wasn’t talking to me. I tried approaching her but she ignored me.

I didn’t understand her behavior until the day I was flipping through my diary where I read that I had quarreled with her.

Please, I need help! My mum complains a lot about my behavior! Do I have a medical condition?

This problem is so bad that I had to buy a bracelet that connects my phone to my hand because I have lost count of how many times my phone slipped out of my hands.
If not for the sound that my phone makes when it hits the floor, I never would have known that it slipped off my hands.

I can’t write all of the experiences I’ve had, but please I need help! I’m tired of carrying a book Jotter/planner around, and I’m tired of setting an alarm for something small like “TAKE THE CUP BACK TO THE KITCHEN".

HELP ME!

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by MadamVanessa(f): 10:41am On Mar 04, 2022
shocked

Vascular Dementia.

you need medical attention asap before it turn out worst as the one disturbing one dullard from Daura.

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Dawn91(m): 10:42am On Mar 04, 2022
Do you smoke weed? Its a common condition with people who have been smoking weed for long though nowadays drugs like tramadol causes it

It's called aphazia (don't know if I spelled it right ) it's an issue with the temporal memory part of the Brain .

Grab a seat Hun it gets worse with age one day you will wake up and you can't remember your own name ...

Hahaha I am joking it's very treatable grin

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Dawn91(m): 10:43am On Mar 04, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Stop panicking

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by FavourWrites(f): 10:51am On Mar 04, 2022
Dawn91:
Do you smoke weed? Its a common condition with people who have been smoking weed for long though nowadays drugs like tramadol causes it

It's called aphazia (don't know if I spelled it right ) it's an issue with the temporal memory part of the Brain .

Grab a seat Hun it gets worse with age one day you will wake up and you can't remember your own name ...

Hahaha I am joking it's very treatable grin

No, I don't do drugs. I'm only 19.

How do I get help?

8 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by FavourWrites(f): 10:52am On Mar 04, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Vascular Dementia.

you need medical attention asap.

Vascular dementia is for old people with multiple strokes, right?

But I'm still a nineteen-year-old girl. cry

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by bigcee(m): 11:35am On Mar 04, 2022
I hope when you get married in the future, you won't forget where the vagina is grin. I don't want you to open a thread because of that oh grin

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by FavourWrites(f): 11:56am On Mar 04, 2022
bigcee:
I hope when you get married in the future, you won't forget where the vagina is grin. I don't want you to open thread because of that oh grin

I'm being serious here though.

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 12:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
FavourWrites:
Please help me Nairalander! Do I have a medical problem? Why do I forget things a lot?

Here’s the thing, I am someone who forgets things a lot. This may not sound like a big deal to you, but this problem is ruining the relationship I have with people.

There’ll be times when my friends would call telling me to do stuff for them, and the next day when we meet and they ask for the feedback, I’ll be there looking stupid because I didn’t remember them calling me at all. This is a problem because most times they think I faking the fact that I failed to remember.

I’ll be nineteen in a few months but I’m seriously worried for myself. I’m the kind of person who buys about three PEN every single day because I always forget where I dropped the last ones.

Don’t get me wrong, I do well in school, I currently have a 4.8 CGPA. The things I’m taught in school always seem to stick in my head, but every other thing doesn’t.

There was a time I had a huge quarrel with a toxic friend, we ended up breaking up our friendship. But when the next semester began, I started wondering why she wasn’t talking to me. I tried approaching her but she ignored me.

I didn’t understand her behavior until the day I was flipping through my diary where I read that I had quarreled with her.

Please, I need help! My mum complains a lot about my behavior! Do I have a medical condition?

This problem is so bad that I had to buy a bracelet that connects my phone to my hand because I have lost count of how many times my phone slipped out of my hands.
If not for the sound that my phone makes when it hits the floor, I never would have known that it slipped off my hands.

I can’t write all of the experiences I’ve had, but please I need help! I’m tired of carrying a book Jotter/planner around, and I’m tired of setting an alarm for something small like “TAKE THE CUP BACK TO THE KITCHEN".

HELP ME!

RoyalRoy Lalasticlala

Perhaps you have a lot on your mind , Don't think of it too much , I think one time it was happening with me or it's still happening I can't remember what I had for breakfast but I can remember details from 10 years ago , I even remember things that happened when I was like 3 but tell me who just passed 5 seconds ago I will not remember , I also thought it was normal it was very bad when I was 14 , I forgot names of alot of people , I still do but omo it was horrible back then , even my first year in uni I had to write my address at the back of my phone and it stayed there for months , I read it before going to call bike grin , but I'm too young to say anything is wrong with me oh , it's probably just coz I'm always lost in thought , I daydream everywhere

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Mindlog: 1:14pm On Mar 04, 2022
bigcee:
I hope when you get married in the future, you won't forget where the vagina is grin. I don't want you to open thread because of that oh grin

Very insensitive of you.

147 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Mindlog: 1:16pm On Mar 04, 2022
FavourWrites:

HELP ME!

RoyalRoy Lalasticlala

I will encourage you to seek the professional intervention of a Clinical neuropsychologist. I believe you can get access to one at a University Teaching Hospital.

21 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by ibechris(m): 1:21pm On Mar 04, 2022
Me too but I don't forget those who owe me and those I do business with.

It might be the state of your mind.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by FavourWrites(f): 1:33pm On Mar 04, 2022
Danyyyyyyyyyyy:

Perhaps you have a lot on your mind , Don't think of it too much , I think one time it was happening with me or it's still happening I can't remember what I had for breakfast but I can remember details from 10 years ago , I even remember things that happened when I was like 3 but tell me who just passed 5 seconds ago I will not remember , I also thought it was normal it was very bad when I was 14 , I forgot names of alot of people , I still do but omo it was horrible back then , even my first year in uni I had to write my address at the back of my phone and it stayed there for months , I read it before going to call bike grin , but I'm too young to say anything is wrong with me oh , it's probably just coz I'm always lost in thought , I daydream everywhere

Oh God!!!

You just described me... I've experienced all you wrote. I hope mine gets better with time.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by FavourWrites(f): 1:34pm On Mar 04, 2022
Mindlog:

I will encourage you to seek the professional intervention of a Clinical neuropsychologist. I believe you can get access to one at a University Teaching Hospital.

Thanks..

I'll try this out.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Mindlog: 1:37pm On Mar 04, 2022
FavourWrites:

Thanks..

I'll try this out.

You are welcome. The Clinical Neuropsychologist should be able to administer the Wechsler Memory Scale on you.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 04, 2022
It could be caused by a lack of sleep.

Medications like antidepressants,

Hypothyroidism,

Vitamin B12 deficiency,

Or depression.

Consult a professional.

24 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Yodiwic(m): 2:32pm On Mar 04, 2022
In Nigeria, it is a great ability you have if you know how to forget things easily, because if you keep remembering all the things happening in this country, you will die before your time.

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Emmerlee(m): 2:32pm On Mar 04, 2022
I know a couple of persons that are like that, especially women. Most of you only forget things that you do not hold dear, but things that are important to you are never forgotten, that's why you do not forget your books but forget your friends easily. If you ask me I'd say the problem is you only care about yourself. Kill the self centeredness first cool

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by iamyemiakins(m): 2:33pm On Mar 04, 2022
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by englishmart(m): 2:33pm On Mar 04, 2022
it's abnormal to forget things easily.
Someone said it's vascular dementia, but I think it's horizontal schizophrenia.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by blinking001(m): 2:33pm On Mar 04, 2022
I think it's normal. You brain isn't interested in keeping irrelevant things inside it.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by ceematics: 2:33pm On Mar 04, 2022
You either read too much or you think too much. You have overworked your brain. You need to free up some space in ur memory If you spend so much time on your phone or Laptop you need to reduce it.

Abeg you fit borrow me 50k I go pay you back next month ....I wan check something grin grin grin

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by hybridblood07(m): 2:33pm On Mar 04, 2022
I have the same issue. I think it's nature
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by KensonAbule(m): 2:34pm On Mar 04, 2022
If you do masturbate, then u stop it

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by WebWriter: 2:35pm On Mar 04, 2022
Maybe
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Unruly7(m): 2:35pm On Mar 04, 2022
You don't always forget to go to school
You don't forget your classes time
You don't always forget to take your bath
You don't always forget to eat

Well we might them basics things
They're basics things because we made them priorities

I'm not sure you've medical condition, maybe you've got a lot going through your head
You need to let off some things from ya head
You're still young

No too de rush to be adult
Na you go regret adulthood later oh lol

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Deicide: 2:35pm On Mar 04, 2022
bigcee:
I hope when you get married in the future, you won't forget where the vagina is grin. I don't want you to open a thread because of that oh grin
I don't blame Women that says all Men think about all day is sex!! See your life?

25 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by sotall(m): 2:35pm On Mar 04, 2022
cool
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Jmichael1(m): 2:35pm On Mar 04, 2022
FavourWrites:

No, I don't do drugs. I'm only 19.
How do I get help?
which one be i'm only 19,19 yrs no dey smoke?

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by bigdammyj: 2:35pm On Mar 04, 2022
Reading...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths / 15 Health Benefits Of Drinking Water More / 438 New COVID-19 Cases, 389 Discharged And 11 Deaths On July 25 - (3063 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.