Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Chude Released From Police Detention, Makes An Apology Video Over Tweets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chude Released From Police Detention, Makes An Apology Video Over Tweets (373 Views)

Yoruba Nation Group Releases Names Of Agitators Allegedly In Police Detention / Sowore Begins Hunger Strike In Police Detention, Rejects Food / Bashir Ahmad Shares Old Video Over Recent Zamfara Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Chude Released From Police Detention, Makes An Apology Video Over Tweets by enobongalfred: 4:00am On Mar 25, 2023
Social media influencer, Nnamdi Chude, after his release from detention on Friday, has made an apology video to Emeka Offor, over unverified tweets.

"Hello everyone, I want to apologize to Sir Emeka Offor over the tweet I made. As at the time I made the tweet, it was unverified and it wasn't to malign his name in any way, and I'm just a concerned Nigerian for democracy. I thought I should lend my voice for good governance and I hold him in high esteem as a respected Igbo leader. Thank you everyone", Chude said.

Nnamdi Chude, on Friday, stated that he was arrested for alleged defamation of character following a petition by a Nigerian oil magnate, Mr
Emeka Offor, over a tweet he made on Monday, March 13, alleging that the President-elect, Mr. Bola Tinubu, had contacted Mr. Offor to plead with Mr. Peter Obi to accept what he tagged “a rigged result”.

The passionate supporter of the Labour Party presidential candidate, Mr. Peter Obi, was however released after spending six days in several police detention facilities including the station of the defunct Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Awkuzu, in Anambra State, and at the Force Criminal Investigation Department, Abuja.

Prior to his release on Friday, Chude confirmed that he was arrested on March 18 by the Anambra State Cybersecurity Police unit in Onitsha and was taken to Anambra State Criminal Investigative Department, Awka (former Awkuzu SARS), where he was first detained and allegedly tortured before he was later covertly transported by road to Enugu Airport where he was flown to the FCID, Abuja the following day.

Re: Chude Released From Police Detention, Makes An Apology Video Over Tweets by Boyewu: 4:09am On Mar 25, 2023
Hnnnn
Re: Chude Released From Police Detention, Makes An Apology Video Over Tweets by QuotaSystem: 4:16am On Mar 25, 2023
Humbled and Apologetic scapegoat 😄

2 Likes

Re: Chude Released From Police Detention, Makes An Apology Video Over Tweets by Nobody: 4:21am On Mar 25, 2023
2 seconds em don humble. He and his fellow wailers should stop misleading the public with their fake news!

4 Likes

Re: Chude Released From Police Detention, Makes An Apology Video Over Tweets by PlayerMeji: 4:21am On Mar 25, 2023
It was not to malign his name... Liar!

That's what happens when you have more all muscles but no brains.

Every party has 'passionate' young members so the talk of him being a passionate member of his political party does not hold water.

We all are concerned about democracy too but we are not all reckless, emotional, uncouth and undisciplined like most members of the Labour Party.. and that's why I see them tendering more apologies soon.

5 Likes

Re: Chude Released From Police Detention, Makes An Apology Video Over Tweets by smokinloud(m): 5:12am On Mar 25, 2023
This one should be the next to be taught a horrible lesson!.
For peddling fake news about the CJN

2 Likes

Re: Chude Released From Police Detention, Makes An Apology Video Over Tweets by tooth4tooth: 5:13am On Mar 25, 2023
His eyes are clear now. There are thousands of this kind of idiot still using social media platforms to spread fake news. One by one ,fools like him will be exposed undecided

3 Likes

Re: Chude Released From Police Detention, Makes An Apology Video Over Tweets by enobongalfred: 5:21am On Mar 25, 2023
I totally understand you but then, maybe he really didn't mean to malign his name. Right now, anything that has to do with politics really spurs emotions. Don't you agree?
Re: Chude Released From Police Detention, Makes An Apology Video Over Tweets by azadus18: 5:25am On Mar 25, 2023
The only language they understand
Re: Chude Released From Police Detention, Makes An Apology Video Over Tweets by Mynd44: 5:27am On Mar 25, 2023

(1)

How Afenifere Redeemed Yoruba Image / What's Happening In Nigeria Now Reminds Me Of Hitler & Nazi Germany. / Las Las! APC Collecting Woto Woto From Rivers State PDP AND INEC!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.