Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price (1796 Views)

Woman Who Got Pregnant While On Birth Control Gives Birth To Baby Holding IUD / My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Dogalmighty17: 2:02pm On Mar 25, 2023
My inlaws have been intruding into my marraige and i want to teach them a lesson. My wife is terrified of her brothers and she cant tell them to back off.
I will not tolerate that kind off rubbish. Since they want to be mad, I'll show them better madness. They might say they'll return the bride price i paid to me. I need to be prepared for that eventuality.

As a sidenote, i and my wife are fine outside the normal husband and wife squabbles. Her family just keeps poke nosing. And I'm sick of it.

3 Likes

Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by mariahAngel(f): 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2023
Move your wife (family) away from them.

6 Likes

Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Zonefree(m): 2:05pm On Mar 25, 2023
Marriage is sweet.

Enjoy the sweetness.

Next.

5 Likes

Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by ahnie: 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2023
Keenly here for the comments cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 25, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
My inlaws have been intruding into my marraige and i want to teach them a lesson. My wife is terrified of her brothers and she cant tell them to back off.
I will not tolerate that kind off rubbish. Since they want to be mad, I'll show them better madness. They might say they'll return the bride price i paid to me. I need to be prepared for that eventuality.

As a sidenote, i and my wife are fine outside the normal husband and wife squabbles. Her family just keeps poke nosing. And I'm sick of it.

Na you go carry wahala for your head...no come disturb us. Happy married life

5 Likes

Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Jogs1900: 2:13pm On Mar 25, 2023
When you divorce your wife...its both of you that will suffer for it.
You can still have a discussion with your wife and work out things with her.
Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 25, 2023
mariahAngel:
Move your wife (family) away from them.

You know say theres no distance in the realm of the spirit with Edo people? tongue

3 Likes

Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 25, 2023
You are a kid and I’m wondering how you are married undecided
Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by habsydiamond(m): 2:25pm On Mar 25, 2023
Poke nosing is not healthy for any relationship. Cutting off the leg because of an injury will not solve the problem... all you can do is to reason with your wife so that she can talk some sense into her family members. They should be able to listen to her on a serious note
Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by sisisioge: 2:33pm On Mar 25, 2023
Change your address and block them. You need not talk too much since your madam cant talk to her siblings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Wawelexy(m): 2:36pm On Mar 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
You are a kid and I’m wondering how you are married undecided

Were you present at his naming ceremony? grin

OP try settle amicably, you can't avoid your wife family in any way, especially if they re the type of family that stayed together before you married her away... No matter the love she have for you, she will listen to them at the end.

You sef reason am, can any man make your younger sis disobey you just because he married her?

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 25, 2023
Wawelexy:

Were you present at his naming ceremony? grin

OP try settle amicably, you can't avoid your wife family in any way, especially if they re the type of family that stayed together before you married her away... No matter the love she have for you, she will listen to them at the end.

You sef reason am, can any man make your younger sis disobey you just because he married her?
So many kids on this forum seriously

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Gloriagee(f): 2:53pm On Mar 25, 2023
You say youre fine outside the normal squabbles, but wat does your wife think? You think your wife is scared of her brothers but are you sure, its not you shes scared of?

Give more info thatll help you get better advice. What are your squabbles about? What do her brothers expect? Money?

Dogalmighty17:

Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Mindlog: 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2023
When you were about to marry didn't you gather info about marriage and divorce in her tribe?

You want to engage in a madness match with your wife's brothers?.... Safe journey.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

On a serious note I would encourage you to go hang out with them at a neutral venue and over drinks talk things out, if you already have child/children with your wife, they will always be their maternal uncles.

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by quinox947: 5:26pm On Mar 25, 2023
As long as you do not engage in domestic violence and or maltreatment. Did you cage her as some men do? I do not see any Edo family poke nosing into your affairs if non of these exist. There is something you are not telling us.

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On Mar 25, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
β–  My inlaws have been intruding into my marraige and i want to teach them a lesson. My wife is terrified of her brothers and she cant tell them to back off. I will not tolerate that kind off rubbish. Since they want to be mad, I'll show them better madness. They might say they'll return the bride price i paid to me. I need to be prepared for that eventuality.
β–  As a sidenote, i and my wife are fine outside the normal husband and wife squabbles. Her family just keeps poke nosing. And I'm sick of it.
1. You left out the most important information which is the "how" of their intrusion. Do your inlaws show up at your home to harass you and your wife for no reason whatsoever? Or do they call to tell your wife to kill you or what? Explain. undecided

2. The only way into your marriage is through either you or your wife. Using that information, you can easily devise a means to stop the intrusion but I am guessing your wife is the weak link and that causes me to wonder if she is on your side or on the side of her folks in whatever the issue is. undecided
Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Mar 25, 2023
quinox947:
As long as you do not engage in domestic violence and or maltreatment. Did you cage her as some men do? I do not see any Edo family poke nosing into your affairs if non of these exist. There is something you are not telling us.
Very good questions! OP is not revealing exactly why it is that the inlaws keep intruding and that information is essential to understanding the nature of the intrusion and advice OP appropriately. undecided

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Carcholce: 5:55pm On Mar 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Very good questions! OP is not revealing exactly why it is that the inlaws keep intruding and that information is essential to understanding the nature of the intrusion and advice OP appropriately. undecided

This emoji undecided undecided don suffer for your hand.

Is there ever a time you laugh/smile?
Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Kobojunkie: 5:58pm On Mar 25, 2023
Carcholce:

This emoji undecided undecided don suffer for your hand.
Is there ever a time you laugh/smile?
https://www.nairaland.com/7617455/nobody-wants-see-maternity-shoots#121861380
Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Carcholce: 6:12pm On Mar 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
https://www.nairaland.com/7617455/nobody-wants-see-maternity-shoots#121861380

Ahh, that’s a first. I think that thread is the first time ever you have laughed on a post on Nairaland. I be con dey reason say you nor get joy.
Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On Mar 25, 2023
Carcholce:
β–  Ahh, that’s a first. I think that thread is the first time ever you have laughed on a post on Nairaland. I be con dey reason say you nor get joy.
1. Wrong! It is simply the first you have seen. undecided
Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Carcholce: 6:29pm On Mar 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Wrong! It is simply the first you have seen. undecided

I am cooking a very interesting topic. I’ll tag you when I post it. Make we argue small.
Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Kobojunkie: 6:30pm On Mar 25, 2023
Carcholce:
β–  I am cooking a very interesting topic. I’ll tag you when I post it. Make we argue small.
1. looking forward to it! undecided
Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by labake1(f): 7:01pm On Mar 25, 2023
Why divorce your wife?
Edo people like to dey arrest themselves, invite police or relocate to an unknown place with your family.
Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Timmi: 7:07pm On Mar 25, 2023
Jogs1900:
When you divorce your wife...its both of you that will suffer for it.
You can still have a discussion with your wife and work out things with her.

The OP is not talking of divorce. Where did you see that from? Pls go and read it again.
Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Jogs1900: 7:19pm On Mar 25, 2023
Timmi:

The OP is not talking of divorce. Where did you see that from? Pls go and read it again.
What does returning of bride price mean to you?

2 Likes

Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by frozen70(f): 7:21pm On Mar 25, 2023
Dogalmighty17:

Since she can't talk to them, you will now be the one to let them know how you feel about their intruding
But in a polite manner
Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Klass99(f): 7:25pm On Mar 25, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Mindlog: 7:55pm On Mar 25, 2023
Jogs1900:

What does returning of bride price mean to you?

The end of the marriage, traditionally and the woman is free to go her way and re-marry if she chooses to. 😊

But some men would delay coming forward to collect the refund especially when they know their ex-wife is in a relationship with someone who is making her glow and would want to frustrate her because she cannot re-marry without the refund (talking from where I come from) but as Chinua Achebe wrote that "Eneke the bird says that since men have learned to shoot without missing, he has learned to fly without perching.".....the woman's family now go to the king of the ex-husband's village and drop the bride-price, whenever e ready make e go collect im money there....we muuuve!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

2 Likes

Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by Enigmaticmi4(f): 11:22pm On Mar 25, 2023
Which part did you married from
Re: For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price by eventainment(m): 8:19am On Mar 26, 2023
Try to make it hard for them to know your happenings by moving far

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bro, I'm Completely Broke / How Many Of You In Your Family?! / Your Opinion Or Experience: Smart Phones And Gadgets Causes Distance In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.