Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog (37927 Views)

How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors / Veterinary Doctor / Dogs For Sale By Vingold Veterinary Consult & Farms Limited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by HomeTutorsPro: 8:48am On Mar 26, 2023
The story is not complete.
Why did the security man shoot the dog?
Was someone in danger?
Was the dog about to attack someone?
Until I hear the security man's side of the story, I balance well on the fence.

Modified:
I just read somewhere that the community where the dog was killed has a "shoot at sight" law for stray dogs.
And the dog was an American bully.
Although friendly and homely, American bullies can be quite scary and anyone seeing a stray American bully could immediately perceive danger.

Still sitting on the fence.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by DECLAN2015(m): 8:49am On Mar 26, 2023
Okiton:
angry

I wish and pray that security man to cold his cocain head in prison

Yyyyyy.U dont know the full gist....so dont judge
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Teddy0147(m): 8:51am On Mar 26, 2023
meobizy:
Leash your dog always to avoid touching stories. After an animal attack, the owners are quick to claim the creature acted out of the ordinary. This was a case of better safe than sorry. Roxie can be replaced. A small child's nose, fingers or penis cannot be if viciously mauled.

Bro this issue happened in my estate here in cooperative Villa in ajah…. The dog attacked someone although he did not bite but the fear of the dog alone can cause something else… the security guard need to safe human life before any animal

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:53am On Mar 26, 2023
kaludestiny10:
I may not know what a Roxie dog looks like, but as someone who is scared of dogs, I will say the security men did well by gunning down the dog. That will serve as deterrent to other dog owners to always chain their dogs at home.

This comment of yours is uncalled for.

It shows you lack empathy and can't see things from the affected party's point of view.

No report was made that the particular dog harmed anyone.

I'm not a fan of keeping dogs but I won't ignore the fact that the dog was killed unjustly. If the dog had bitten someone, then it's a totally different case but this was a harmless dog.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Graficient: 8:54am On Mar 26, 2023
My annoyance is that the dog will be buried thereafter instead of ending up as dog meat pepper soup

1 Like

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Revolva(m): 8:54am On Mar 26, 2023
Abeg make dem bring roxxie make i call that cakabar guy wey de prepare dog meat ..make e buy am and make we eat roxxie

Omo dog meat is d best type of meat i have ever eaten ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by abobote: 8:54am On Mar 26, 2023
That's too bad
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by GloriousGbola: 8:55am On Mar 26, 2023
Teddy0147:

Bro this issue happened in my estate here in cooperative Villa in ajah…. The dog attacked someone although he did not bite but the fear of the dog alone can cause something else… the security guard need to safe human life before any animal

Is there security footage of the incident?

Unfortunately most Nigerians, security guards in particular become little gods once given small authority and a gun makes it worse

The other side of course is that most Nigerians also have untrained and vicious dogs that cannot be properly controlled in public or amidst strangers. For too many of them a dog is flex to intimidate.

CCTV footage will provide clarity as to what actually happened

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by sonofElElyon: 8:57am On Mar 26, 2023
habsydiamond:
Thr suffering don enter that security man head for him to have gunned down the animal in the presence of its owner

What's the estate's side of the story?
Was the dog being aggressive when shot?
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Namdeenero(m): 8:58am On Mar 26, 2023
Please this isn't an issue of restrain your dog. This is pure wickedness! The Estate clearly had rules that weren't followed! You killed a dog because you perceived it to be wild A dog with zero bite incidents!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by HomeTutorsPro: 8:58am On Mar 26, 2023
Teddy0147:

I heard there is a "shoot at sight" law for stray dogs in the community.
Could you please confirm if this is true?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Isabi4lov: 9:01am On Mar 26, 2023
To train dog no easy
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by frowland(m): 9:05am On Mar 26, 2023
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by obitrac: 9:06am On Mar 26, 2023
Omo those of u against the shooting e be like say dog never bite Ur pikin before.I am a first hand witness of a rabies victim in shika hospital Zaria.Guys it wasn't funny at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by neonly: 9:07am On Mar 26, 2023
Make una go to court
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Namdeenero(m): 9:07am On Mar 26, 2023
Teddy0147:

If you don't have evidence to prove this then its best to keep shut. Ofcourse the fear of the dog would make some people even haul stones at the dog, do you expect the dog not to lash out at such people? Bro a pitbull is packed with adrenaline, pain excites them in some cases. That dog ran when she was shot, shes not the crazy type. This incidence should be condemned in all entirety, lets stop acting like prehistoric cavemen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by kaludestiny10(m): 9:08am On Mar 26, 2023
My comment maybe uncalled for because it is from a point of view of a fellow afraid of dogs. Meanwhile, the story is a one sided story. We are yet to hear from the security personnel at the estate on what truly transpired.
ferhyntorlah:

This comment of yours is uncalled for.

It shows you lack empathy and can't see things from the affected party's point of view.

No report was made that the particular dog harmed anyone.

I'm not a fan of keeping dogs but I won't ignore the fact that the dog was killed unjustly. If the dog had bitten someone, then it's a totally different case but this was a harmless dog.
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by CaptainFM1: 9:08am On Mar 26, 2023
Sometimes I wonder what bills our law makers are making. Because animals can't talk doesn't mean they should not be represented.
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by kay29000(m): 9:10am On Mar 26, 2023
Teddy0147:

Thanks for sharing this side of the story.
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by olisaEze(m): 9:11am On Mar 26, 2023
I remember the viral video of a dog chasing a kid in a compound with the dog owner’s voice in the background yelling "Murife dan’t ran!" grin Madam, as long as you’re not the dog, don’t expect me to stand and wait to be bitten! It’s not as if the dog was bought to usher people into your home. So if I see it unleashed on the street, it means you’ve lost control. And I will have no choice but to immediately proceed to the all time best, tested & trusted primordial self defense technique encoded in every single living thing.... I go ran! grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by EdiskyHarry: 9:14am On Mar 26, 2023
Always chain your dog in your house.
The security man has every right to defend himself.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Vulcan24(m): 9:15am On Mar 26, 2023
The size and breed of dog matters pls! U can't let loose of a dangerous breed and expecting it back in one piece saying I am here and it didn't attack anybody !!

Are u ok?
Shoot the gadamn dog !!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:16am On Mar 26, 2023
kaludestiny10:
My comment maybe uncalled for because it is from a point of view of a fellow afraid of dogs. Meanwhile, the story is a one sided story. We are yet to hear from the security personnel at the estate on what truly transpired.

I really don't know why people like you fear dogs.
I guess you didn't grow up with dogs around you or you had vicious dogs around you.

I may not get the why but I understand.

All the same, the dog was unjustly killed.

Based on what I read, the security said he killed the dog as instructed by the estate chairman.

PS: the security guy has been arrested.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:17am On Mar 26, 2023
shallar1:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/lagos-veterinary-association-condemns-the-unjust-shooting-of-roxie-dog/
I would have done the justice mysef as the dog owner, it will only cost me 10lts of pms to burn down the building and every ocupants in it

1 Like

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by pafo(m): 9:18am On Mar 26, 2023
meobizy:
Leash your dog always to avoid touching stories. After an animal attack, the owners are quick to claim the creature acted out of the ordinary. This was a case of better safe than sorry. Roxie can be replaced. A small child's nose, fingers or penis cannot be if viciously mauled.

Don't add your opinions in matters you know nothing about. A dog can be your best friend for some people and sometimes irreplaceable ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Maga123: 9:19am On Mar 26, 2023
This act clearly shows that nigeria has not and will not get it right bececause great importance is not attach to life weather human or animals. In a country like american where life is of the outmost importance this nonesence can not be tolerated no wonder the killings in the countries doesn't move us it has become a nomal thing

1 Like

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by meobizy(f): 9:19am On Mar 26, 2023
pafo:

Don't add your opinions in matters you know nothing about. A dog can be your best friend for some people and sometimes irreplaceable ...
All the more reason why it should be leashed for its and others' safety.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Omoluabi16(m): 9:22am On Mar 26, 2023
Walahi I got teary eyed when I saw clips of the dog bonding with it's owner.. and then it's dying moments. That was just wicked and unnecessary. He should be fired, and possibly jailed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by owolabi5: 9:23am On Mar 26, 2023
N.O

CAR PAPERS
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by BOUNTYDOG(m): 9:24am On Mar 26, 2023
meobizy:

A stray dog is not a lion in the wildlife.
I have hardly heard of a stray dog mauling someone.They can only dominate in their territory and once outside their boundaries they themselves know dey have strayed and remain loyal till their are back to their territory

Dont be callous becos its an animal
Life na life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Drsmartphilips: 9:24am On Mar 26, 2023
which news we no dey hear, ordinary dog

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of Family Members Praying With Their Dog / Lady Mourns The Death Of Her Pet Rats (Photos) / Dog Breeds Similar To The Nigerian ‘local Dog’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.