Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog (37926 Views)

How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors / Veterinary Doctor / Dogs For Sale By Vingold Veterinary Consult & Farms Limited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by kaludestiny10(m): 9:24am On Mar 26, 2023
Okay.
ferhyntorlah:

I really don't know why people like you fear dogs.
I guess you didn't grow up with dogs around you or you had vicious dogs around you.

I may not get the why but I understand.

All the same, the dog was unjustly killed.

Based on what I read, the security said he killed the dog as instructed by the estate chairman.

PS: the security guy has been arrested.
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by target100: 9:28am On Mar 26, 2023
Oh well sadly they tried to play with grammar there bro, they said to history to attack that DAY, they didn't tell us the whole story I guess but let's here from the shooter

Killing the dog when the owner isn't known is a different case, but this particular case, the dog was killed in front of the owner. No where was it written that the dog Attacked anyone, the security agents could've done better.[/quote]
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by BOUNTYDOG(m): 9:29am On Mar 26, 2023
Nathaniel33:
Una no well .Make them sack the guy comot food for e mouth because of one Dog.
I no he did wrong for shooting the dog in front of the owner but una never hear the guy story .Dog don attack your family member before?

The guy has been arrested anyway
So dem hear the man story and realised he acted unruly.
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:29am On Mar 26, 2023
Namdeenero:
Please this isn't an issue of restrain your dog. This is pure wickedness! The Estate clearly had rules that weren't followed! You killed a dog because you perceived it to be wild A dog with zero bite incidents!

So he should wait for the dog to have one bite incident.

I see dogs as domesticated wild animals, I don't care how others see them.

Your dog is your response and should always be on a leash.
Outside your house, it becomes another thing.

That being said .
I own a dog

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Demurray: 9:31am On Mar 26, 2023
We are quick to castigate the security man but not asking if what he did is lawful base on the Estate Law.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by GreyLaw(m): 9:35am On Mar 26, 2023
Lagos veterinary should take the guy to court, his company will sack him and he'll have sense. Since the owner came to meet the dog the security guy will lose the case and pay a heavy fine. In the UK he'll be in hot soup the rest of his life.
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by GreyLaw(m): 9:36am On Mar 26, 2023
BOUNTYDOG:

The guy has been arrested anyway
So dem hear the man story and realised he acted unruly.

Good. They should make sure that gun is taken away from him. He should pay all damages and his company should reassign him to clerical duties,

Such a person can kill a human being unlawfully. He just hasn't gotten the opportunity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by jovialclagzy(m): 9:37am On Mar 26, 2023
If you never experience dog bite, don't just the security man.
Am still nursing the wounds sustained from a serious dog attack

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by ozo13(m): 9:40am On Mar 26, 2023
meobizy:
Leash your dog always to avoid touching stories. After an animal attack, the owners are quick to claim the creature acted out of the ordinary. This was a case of better safe than sorry. Roxie can be replaced. A small child's nose, fingers or penis cannot be if viciously mauled.
it reminds me of an incident back in Ilorin, the guy went into the compound to buy car and not knowing there was a Big Dog inside the compound and he aslo said no warning ⚠️ was either at the enterance.
The guy said the dog was ready to kill him if not the fact he is a huge strong man with energy.He had to fight the Dog like man to Dog .He had lots of deep injuries from the Dog bite on his hand.Guy man was so angry with the owner of the Dog.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by BOUNTYDOG(m): 9:45am On Mar 26, 2023
Proudlyngwa:

That being said .
I own a dog

U own a dog and u dont know that leaches can be broken?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Loverboi2cute(m): 9:45am On Mar 26, 2023
CountryTireMan:
All this english for dog
hahahahahahshahaaaba 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

u dey craze 4 head I swear

1 Like

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by juocin: 9:47am On Mar 26, 2023
Ff

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by AFOXTJ: 9:48am On Mar 26, 2023
thesicilian:
A country that human beings are dying like fouls is condemning the killing of a dog

Best reaction so far.
Human life doesn't matter to Nigerian anymore.

See how people troop out to condemn dog 🐶🐕 killing.

Without asking questions on how many people die on daily basis.
Very pathetic

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by ComeToJesus: 9:55am On Mar 26, 2023
kaludestiny10:
I may not know what a Roxie dog looks like, but as someone who is scared of dogs, I will say the security men did well by gunning down the dog. That will serve as deterrent to other dog owners to always chain their dogs at home.

Standard practise is, call pet control to take the dog to a shelter.

There are sanctions and penalties for allowing pets to stray. The only scenario that would have necessitated the shooting would have been if it was attacking someone. In this case, according to the report, the dog was well behaved and the owner was on hand to pick it up and had earlier reported a missing dog.

Your fear of dogs does not warrant nor justify this cruelty to animals. The planet is for all and not just humans only. This is plain cruelty to animals and it should be punished.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Bobbiee: 9:56am On Mar 26, 2023
If the breed is pitbull, then good riddance

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by ComeToJesus: 9:58am On Mar 26, 2023
Demurray:
We are quick to castigate the security man but not asking if what he did is lawful base on the Estate Law.

What nonsense estate laws? Does estate laws supersede national or state laws, does it supersede common sense?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Godswillu(m): 10:00am On Mar 26, 2023
kaludestiny10:
I may not know what a Roxie dog looks like, but as someone who is scared of dogs, I will say the security men did well by gunning down the dog. That will serve as deterrent to other dog owners to always chain their dogs at home.

Don't be moved by emotion. Just because you don't like Dog does not justify the killing.

And do you know we animal right in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by HopeSpencer: 10:01am On Mar 26, 2023
haabidah666:
people are wicked sha...taking life you can't give.

But you kill mosquitoes in your house, can you create mosquito lives?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by SavageResponse(m): 10:02am On Mar 26, 2023
MetroLane:
The Security don pour him life frustration ontop dog head.

I Lost My Boerboel in January, it's like losing a partner.

Killing the dog when the owner isn't known is a different case, but this particular case, the dog was killed in front of the owner. No where was it written that the dog Attacked anyone, the security agents could've done better.

For the security official to have gone ahead to put the dog down in the presence of the owner suggests that this is not a first time offence!
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by SavageResponse(m): 10:05am On Mar 26, 2023
ComeToJesus:

What nonsense estate laws? Does estate laws supersede national or state laws, does it supersede common sense?

Would you be saying this rubbish if the dog had mauled a small child who is related to you? angry

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by EgunMogaji2: 10:07am On Mar 26, 2023
Yah all have gone cray cray with wokeness. Keep your animal inside your property. Idjits.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by AmazingELixir: 10:08am On Mar 26, 2023
Olasyke:
The security went too far but, he was right by shooting the dog. Few months from now on, the dog would be able to tear him apart. This is what happens if you don't leash your dog.

undecided

What has diswan succeeded in saying.....isn't this statement a typical example of balderdash.

If any son a gun dares this to my dog...it is there and then I'll tear them apart like a ravenous wild dog...those security men are no different from the very nuisance the estate intend to curtail.

Give men a little power they become like the beast that has tasted human flesh...nothing else is sweeter.

Puah# spits

1 Like

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Melv4(m): 10:09am On Mar 26, 2023
Prov 18:17

The first to state his case seems right, Until the other party comes and cross-examines him.
My take on the matter.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Namdeenero(m): 10:10am On Mar 26, 2023
Proudlyngwa:

That being said .
I own a dog
A good and socialized dog will remain a good dog and socialized even outside. The fear people have for dogs is the reason we perceive them to be wild. Maybe your own dogs are wild animals but not all dogs are wild
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Sleekfingers: 10:13am On Mar 26, 2023
Maxxim:
It was sad seeing that dog die in pain, dogs are wonderful animals

And so tasty as pepper soup and roasted pepper meats
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Teddy0147(m): 10:16am On Mar 26, 2023
HomeTutorsPro:

I heard there is a "shoot at sight" law for stray dogs in the community.
Could you please confirm if this is true?

Nothing like that bro
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by HellVictorinho7: 10:21am On Mar 26, 2023
thesicilian:
A country that human beings are dying like fouls is condemning the killing of a dog
E WEAK ME, ASWEAR.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Ishilove: 10:22am On Mar 26, 2023
kaludestiny10:
Gunning down the dog in front of the owner? You are evil, satanic and heartless

1 Like

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by HellVictorinho7: 10:25am On Mar 26, 2023
HopeSpencer:

But you kill mosquitoes in your house, can you create mosquito lives?
HUMANS ...,ANOTHER PURPOSELESS CASE.
Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by jidamsel43(m): 10:26am On Mar 26, 2023
Come to my village and see how dogs are being slaughtered. A stray dog is a potential danger to society. Will you rather it devours human beings than kill it

1 Like

Re: Lagos Veterinary Association Condemns The Unjust Shooting Of Roxie Dog by Keepamsafe: 10:26am On Mar 26, 2023
Drsmartphilips:
which news we no dey hear, ordinary dog

Ordinary dog? Yet you have “Dr” in your moniker.

Stupid quack doctor

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of Family Members Praying With Their Dog / Lady Mourns The Death Of Her Pet Rats (Photos) / Dog Breeds Similar To The Nigerian ‘local Dog’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.