Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef (2912 Views)

AY And Seyi Law In Throwback Comedy Skit In 2006 / Iyanya: Ubi Franklin Betrayed Me / Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by Marydjane: 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2023
There has been a long lasting beef between Comedian AY and Comedian Basketmouth and this feud has lasted for years.

AY, well-known Nigerian comedian and actor, has revealed the origin of his longstanding feud with fellow comedian, Basketmouth.

In 2022, AY made comments about Basketmouth’s “uncontrollable superiority complex” and “incessant childishness,” which he further explained in a recent interview with media personality Chude Jideonwo.

AY disclosed that his disagreement with Basketmouth began in 2006 when he filled in for Basketmouth at an event and was supposed to be paid N30,000.

However, Basketmouth lied to him, claiming that the event host was dissatisfied with his work to avoid paying him.

“In 2006, (Basketmouth) usually will get gigs like weddings - multiple gigs on a Saturday, maybe 2/3 weddings. So what he used to do at that point in time was to attend one, then at a point, leave the venue and catch up in the other venue and then you will need someone else to stand in for you. That was the opportunity I got from him of which I am very appreciative of till date.

“Now, Something funny happened. One of the gigs per say, I got his endorsement to go stand in. Usually what we get at that time is N30,000 and 30,000 at that time was everything to me. 30,000 would buy me my pack of indomie, recharge cards, fuel for my ‘I better pass my neighbor’ generator and then opportunity to pay just one or two people to join me to do one or two skits that I can just quickly put out.

“I got this job and the people weren’t too happy to see me around the venue because they were expecting a Basketmouth to come. Long story short, the guy was later happy after the performance. There was an exchange of contacts. Then I left.

“Two weeks running, I haven’t seen 30k.
Because I didn’t see the 30k, and I was starving in Iponri, I decided to ask for 30K and he said this person hasn’t remitted, this person hasn’t paid, you they’re not happy because of this and all of that.

“And then me I was like, ahahn… but this person na, shebi you tell me say you were impressed and happy? Give my oga hin money na, make my oga take settle me and all of that. Me, I don’t care if you give Basket 100k for the job but my 30k is my 30k.

“It was very funny to now hear from them knowing that this full payment has been made long before the event.

“I said ‘O-kay, is that the situation?’. So I forwarded this one’s message to this one and vice versa. So they now started fighting each other and all of that.

“I didn’t do that because I wanted to get at Basketmouth per say. I did that because I was hungry, I was hustling and needed food on the table at the time.”

https://media.maryjanen.com/2023/03/25/videohow-basketmouth-betrayed-me-in-2006-comedian-ay-opens-up-on-beef-with-basketmouth/

Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by otuomasirichi: 6:20pm On Mar 25, 2023
Is basket mouth a Yoruba man
I want to check something undecided

1 Like

Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by Aareakinwunmi(m): 6:21pm On Mar 25, 2023
Lol.

Typical behavior of most Nigerians, "GREED"

14 Likes

Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by Wodu89: 6:28pm On Mar 25, 2023
Nigerians and gutter behavior
Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by Ihateheadslamer: 6:34pm On Mar 25, 2023
Being tribalistic have eaten your brain and now you need brain surgery🤡
otuomasirichi:
Is basket mouth a Yoruba man
I want to check something undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by kunlesehan(m): 6:47pm On Mar 25, 2023
Hmmm ... Basketmouth with this type of behavior, everyone will leave you oh. Greed affects business, marriage etc.

Anyway, let's hear Basket's side of the story first.

8 Likes

Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by illicit(m): 6:51pm On Mar 25, 2023
I once worked for a man for a whole month contract job

He didn't pay me till date, yet he got a lot of money from the deal

10 Likes

Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by kelvine(m): 6:58pm On Mar 25, 2023
To God be the glory.
So amazing to hear him say he was hungry in 2006.
AY is now a multimillionaire and the rest is history.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by brain54(m): 7:00pm On Mar 25, 2023
Until I hear from basket…

Always 3 sides to a story!
Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:06pm On Mar 25, 2023
That's very wrong of basketmouth if all AY said here is true
Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by We4all: 7:48pm On Mar 25, 2023
I believe AY and don't need to hear from the second party.. If you want to catch a glimpse of Basket Mouth's true personality, you should go check his derogatory remarks against BBN Tacha. I wasn't a Tacha's fan but was appalled by his criticisms. People like that pretend a lot. They appear to have a calm personality but are hiding a lot.

And to all those who are always talking down on AY, y'all should know that he is the most creative stand up comedian. And aside being creative, he also has a very charming personality which is very endearing. This is why he has come this far and will continue to succeed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by DeJoeee(m): 8:16pm On Mar 25, 2023
Meehn
basket mouth a hustler in 2006 ?
Chaii, baba God pick up the call make e for stew for today's hustlers like us

2 Likes

Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by sageb: 8:27pm On Mar 25, 2023
Marydjane:
There has been a long lasting beef between Comedian AY and Comedian Basketmouth and this feud has lasted for years.

AY, well-known Nigerian comedian and actor, has revealed the origin of his longstanding feud with fellow comedian, Basketmouth.

In 2022, AY made comments about Basketmouth’s “uncontrollable superiority complex” and “incessant childishness,” which he further explained in a recent interview with media personality Chude Jideonwo.

AY disclosed that his disagreement with Basketmouth began in 2006 when he filled in for Basketmouth at an event and was supposed to be paid N30,000.

However, Basketmouth lied to him, claiming that the event host was dissatisfied with his work to avoid paying him.

“In 2006, (Basketmouth) usually will get gigs like weddings - multiple gigs on a Saturday, maybe 2/3 weddings. So what he used to do at that point in time was to attend one, then at a point, leave the venue and catch up in the other venue and then you will need someone else to stand in for you. That was the opportunity I got from him of which I am very appreciative of till date.

“Now, Something funny happened. One of the gigs per say, I got his endorsement to go stand in. Usually what we get at that time is N30,000 and 30,000 at that time was everything to me. 30,000 would buy me my pack of indomie, recharge cards, fuel for my ‘I better pass my neighbor’ generator and then opportunity to pay just one or two people to join me to do one or two skits that I can just quickly put out.

“I got this job and the people weren’t too happy to see me around the venue because they were expecting a Basketmouth to come. Long story short, the guy was later happy after the performance. There was an exchange of contacts. Then I left.

“Two weeks running, I haven’t seen 30k.
Because I didn’t see the 30k, and I was starving in Iponri, I decided to ask for 30K and he said this person hasn’t remitted, this person hasn’t paid, you they’re not happy because of this and all of that.

“And then me I was like, ahahn… but this person na, shebi you tell me say you were impressed and happy? Give my oga hin money na, make my oga take settle me and all of that. Me, I don’t care if you give Basket 100k for the job but my 30k is my 30k.

“It was very funny to now hear from them knowing that this full payment has been made long before the event.

“I said ‘O-kay, is that the situation?’. So I forwarded this one’s message to this one and vice versa. So they now started fighting each other and all of that.

“I didn’t do that because I wanted to get at Basketmouth per say. I did that because I was hungry, I was hustling and needed food on the table at the time.”

https://media.maryjanen.com/2023/03/25/videohow-basketmouth-betrayed-me-in-2006-comedian-ay-opens-up-on-beef-with-basketmouth/

Basketmouth did AY wrong
Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
Everybody get him own for body.Basketmouth see AY as upcoming comedian that is why he dey use am make money like every other master's wey get boys to wey dey do apprentice for am.
Na so one of my master go keep me for shop to help am sell accessories,him go go outside work.He no dey carry me go.The work wey I pay for I no Sabi am up till now.
He fit follow dey blast basketmouth for here also.

7 Likes

Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by mejai(m): 8:59pm On Mar 25, 2023
sageb:

Basketmouth did AY wrong
Why quoting the whole gist to type what u typed? angry angry

3 Likes

Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by Vyzz: 9:53pm On Mar 25, 2023
grin
Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by KingMack(m): 12:01am On Mar 26, 2023
Do not despise the days of humble beginning 💪💪

5 Likes

Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by juniorstar(m): 1:28am On Mar 26, 2023
2 boring comedians
Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by manmade(m): 7:34am On Mar 26, 2023
sageb:

Basketmouth did AY wrong
how?
Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by dapsoneh: 9:52am On Mar 26, 2023
kunlesehan:
Hmmm ... Basketmouth with this type of behavior, everyone will leave you oh. Greed affects business, marriage etc.

Anyway, let's hear Basket's side of the story first.
Even Bovi don leave am

1 Like

Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by kunlesehan(m): 10:39am On Mar 26, 2023
You see what I'm saying

dapsoneh:
Even Bovi don leave am
Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by Houseofglam7(f): 11:49am On Mar 26, 2023
Hmmmmmmm
Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by ValeeLove(m): 1:20pm On Mar 26, 2023
Basky no try from what we've heard o, but we still need him own side of the story.

1 Like

Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by ValeeLove(m): 1:21pm On Mar 26, 2023
dapsoneh:
Even Bovi don leave am
how you take know? They did a video not too long ago na. Bovi even promoted a show for Basky during that time too and has appeared on Flatmates a bit.
Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by dahmie2013: 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2023
Character is a smoke. Basket mouth's wife left him also. Anyways, let's see how it goes.
Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by Iamdbull: 7:39am On Mar 27, 2023
Lol
Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by BigYash: 9:38am On Mar 27, 2023
No be that same mumu when been fix his show on election day,just to distract people? I am not surprised at AY's revelation at all..
Re: How Basketmouth ‘betrayed’ Me In 2006” – Comedian, AY Opens Up On D Beef by citygarden(m): 8:10pm On Mar 27, 2023
Let hear from basket mouth because there are there side of a story. Your side, my side and the truth .

(1) (Reply)

“My Mother Passed On Her Hips To Me With Vengeance” – Omotola / Davido Insults Fan (with Pics) / Annie Idibia Celebrates 30th Birthday At Children's Hospital(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.