Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

How Much Is Engine Mount Currently? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Is Engine Mount Currently? (784 Views)

How To Change The Front Left Engine Mount Of A Honda Accord (2003 – 2007 Models) / Symptoms Of A Bad Engine Mount / 3 Symptoms To Detect A Bad Or Failing Engine Mount (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Is Engine Mount Currently? by AutoManual: 6:41pm On Mar 25, 2023
How much is engine mount currently?

My mechanic put a call to the market the seller said the front 9k back 7k now.

This seem to be heavy amount. As I need to change the two front tyre side mirror.

Motor na heavy Borden imagine money just going to fix this and that.

The engine mount and tyre seems to be important for now. Then change engine oil and gear oil. Only nor be small thing.
Re: How Much Is Engine Mount Currently? by Conner44: 11:08pm On Mar 25, 2023
What vehicle is this again?
Re: How Much Is Engine Mount Currently? by AutoManual: 4:25am On Mar 26, 2023
Conner44:
What vehicle is this again?
2007 Honda DC
Re: How Much Is Engine Mount Currently? by nurey(m): 5:41am On Mar 26, 2023
AutoManual:
How much is engine mount currently?

My mechanic put a call to the market the seller said the front 9k back 7k now.

This seem to be heavy amount. As I need to change the two front tyre side mirror.

Motor na heavy Borden imagine money just going to fix this and that.

The engine mount and tyre seems to be important for now. Then change engine oil and gear oil. Only nor be small thing.

That is the exact price for tokunbo, though the bigger the more expensive. Brand new is 12 to 15k. Go for tokunbo if you don't trust your mechanic, let him loosen the seat and you enter market yourself but I bought tokunbo engine seat december 7k each one front one back for K24A honda engine

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Engine Mount Currently? by Conner44: 6:16am On Mar 26, 2023
AutoManual:
2007 Honda DC

Yes that’s the correct prices for new front and rear engine mounts. It’s the side and gearbox mounts that are cheaper because they are smaller.
Re: How Much Is Engine Mount Currently? by AutoManual: 6:22am On Mar 26, 2023
Conner44:

Yes that’s the correct prices for new front and rear engine mounts. It’s the side and gearbox mounts that are cheaper because they are smaller.
how many in total. Because when I check jiji I saw ads for 6.

Mind you my car is V6.

The noise is getting annoying.

Re: How Much Is Engine Mount Currently? by AutoManual: 6:32am On Mar 26, 2023
nurey:

That is the exact price for tokunbo, though the bigger the more expensive. Brand new is 12 to 15k. Go for tokunbo if you don't trust your mechanic, let him loosen the seat and you enter market yourself but I bought tokunbo engine seat december 7k each one front one back for K24A honda engine
i told him to check the bad one. he said i should all. back and front new one.

i dont just want a back and font. i wanted to order online from jiji but it seems they are new. please can you help me buy tonkubo from where you bought yours? please you can waybill them for me.

when i tried reverse today the front tyre climbs the road pavement it was a big bang. Since then the sound worst oh now. Also the guy I bought the car from said I should change the bolts joint yearly as maintainance that I will never experienced bolt joints problem.

But my mechanic said 1 year is too much as preventive measures. Is 1year bolt joints maintainance too far?
Re: How Much Is Engine Mount Currently? by nurey(m): 6:50am On Mar 26, 2023
AutoManual:
i told him to check the bad one. he said i should all. back and front new one.

i dont just want a back and font. i wanted to order online from jiji but it seems they are new. please can you help me buy tonkubo from where you bought yours? please you can waybill them for me.

when i tried reverse today the front tyre climbs the road pavement it was a big bang. Since then the sound worst oh now. Also the guy I bought the car from said I should change the bolts joint yearly as maintainance that I will never experienced bolt joints problem.

But my mechanic said 1 year is too much as preventive measures. Is 1year bolt joints maintainance too far?

I bought mine in Benin Uselu Abu nah uwelu part market but I have since left benin now in another state.

I used an 06 for 7years and didn't have on ball joint pull, what I do is to have it checked when I hear any sound coming from the front legs, I always buy tokunbo not new shafts anytime I need them replaced.

Your vehicle is V6 different from i4 I would say talk with hondajosh if you need new parts he is tested and trusted and will waybill from lagos, if nah tokunbo ask gazzuzz if he can help.
Re: How Much Is Engine Mount Currently? by Conner44: 8:14am On Mar 26, 2023
AutoManual:
how many in total. Because when I check jiji I saw ads for 6.

Mind you my car is V6.

The noise is not getting annoying.

Yes there are a total of 6.

3 for the engine and 3 for the gearbox.
Re: How Much Is Engine Mount Currently? by AutoManual: 2:08pm On Mar 26, 2023
nurey:

I bought mine in Benin Uselu Abu nah uwelu part market but I have since left benin now in another state.

I used an 06 for 7years and didn't have on ball joint pull, what I do is to have it checked when I hear any sound coming from the front legs, I always buy tokunbo not new shafts anytime I need them replaced.

Your vehicle is V6 different from i4 I would say talk with hondajosh if you need new parts he is tested and trusted and will waybill from lagos, if nah tokunbo ask gazzuzz if he can help.

As at when you change your bolt joints did it last for more or less than a year.

I am not formalier with the sound so to just avoid it is to make a accurate circulation as to maintainance for leg change routine same as oil change.

Also abeg is it advisable to change all the mout or just find the bad one? There is a part seller in jiji I called he said I should find the bad one and change that one. Also since the tokunbo is better I would have like the fact you bought it that price if I can get it for that price.
Re: How Much Is Engine Mount Currently? by AutoManual: 2:10pm On Mar 26, 2023
Conner44:

Yes there are a total of 6.

3 for the engine and 3 for the gearbox.
the problem is my mechanic want me to change all. It's costly. He was not even talking of the gearbox mout but the engine mount which is 3.

Is it possible for him to check the bad one from a V6 engine where everywhere is full.
Re: How Much Is Engine Mount Currently? by dicksonadams(m): 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
AutoManual:
the problem is my mechanic want me to change all. It's costly. He was not even talking of the gearbox mout but the engine mount which is 3.

Is it possible for him to check the bad one from a V6 engine where everywhere is full.

If possible park the car and save up until you have enough money to do needed recommended repair, if not let him change 2 now and then 2 later

if in Abuja, reachout to kingreign
Re: How Much Is Engine Mount Currently? by nurey(m): 3:08pm On Mar 26, 2023
AutoManual:

As at when you change your bolt joints did it last for more or less than a year.

I am not formalier with the sound so to just avoid it is to make a accurate circulation as to maintainance for leg change routine same as oil change.

Also abeg is it advisable to change all the mout or just find the bad one? There is a part seller in jiji I called he said I should find the bad one and change that one. Also since the tokunbo is better I would have like the fact you bought it that price if I can get it for that price.

I disposed the car years ago sef I don't change the shaft regularly some 3years b4 changing my roads are good in my location then.

Mounts advice is to change all if possible, when one is bad it affects others. Honda is known for mount problems, if you can afford to change all good, if too pricy change only the extremely bad ones.

Tell your mechanic to remove the bad ones, carry them go enter market and price it maybe cheaper at your end. I bought tokunbo because my honda mount has hydraulic fluid in them I was told new ones won't last because of bad or low quality fluid used.

As a newbie to car, your mechanic must fleece you first but beg him to buy correct parts for you and always ask for replaced bad part just to be sure he changed them, it will put the fear of God in him grin

Buying car is easy, maintaining them is the hard part, guess nobody told you that, spare part prices have gone through the roof live with it or take transport.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Japanese Engine / What Are The Process Of Buying A Used Car In 9ija? / Is Jerking A Symtom Of Failed Transmission?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.