Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

How Can I Combine Masters Degree With 9-5 Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can I Combine Masters Degree With 9-5 Job? (339 Views)

Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? / What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? / Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Combine Masters Degree With 9-5 Job? by Stevester4620(m): 8:29pm On Mar 25, 2023
good day nairalanders,

am a young man of 26, currently i secured a job with a top tier bank

although banking hasn’t been my thing but considering the level of unemployment and difficulties in securing a well paying job in this country, i was left with no other choice

I am passionate about career growth, I will be rounding up my ICAN in few months and I really want to do more for myself.

The intention is to get a masters degree alongside by enrolling as soon as I can,

My question and fear now is, what are my chances of combining a Masters Degree with a 9-5 job?

There’s nothing creative in banking, career growth in it could be static if the person isn’t careful
please give me a piece of your advice

Thanks you 🙏
Re: How Can I Combine Masters Degree With 9-5 Job? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 25, 2023
Quit either of the two.
Re: How Can I Combine Masters Degree With 9-5 Job? by Stevester4620(m): 8:35pm On Mar 25, 2023
Revolution2022:
Quit either of the two.

thanks for your feedback, really appreciate
Re: How Can I Combine Masters Degree With 9-5 Job? by doggedfighter(f): 9:17am On Mar 26, 2023
Isn't masters a part-time programme ?

What does your typical working day like ?
Re: How Can I Combine Masters Degree With 9-5 Job? by Guava: 12:59pm On Mar 26, 2023
Personally, I'd say you can do it. I equally work in a bank and started my masters early last year with ABUDLC.
I'm already in my fourth semester to round up by September. It's a distance learning so classes are online with physical exams.
During exams, I take few days leave to prepare (I write weekends). So, the only issues I've encountered so far are meeting deadlines for assignment and quiz submissions, and preparing for my exams.
But I believe if you put your mind to it, you can do it. There are a lot of bankers running such programs.
Re: How Can I Combine Masters Degree With 9-5 Job? by Stevester4620(m): 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2023
Guava:
Personally, I'd say you can do it. I equally work in a bank and started my masters early last year with ABUDLC.
I'm already in my fourth semester to round up by September. It's a distance learning so classes are online with physical exams.
During exams, I take few days leave to prepare (I write weekends). So, the only issues I've encountered so far are meeting deadlines for assignment and quiz submissions, and preparing for my exams.
But I believe if you put your mind to it, you can do it. There are a lot of bankers running such n programs.

thanks for the feedback,
i really want to try both together also, I just needed to confirm my odds with people like you with similar experiences

1 Like

Re: How Can I Combine Masters Degree With 9-5 Job? by Stevester4620(m): 5:45pm On Mar 26, 2023
doggedfighter:
Isn't masters a part-time programme ?

What does your typical working day like ?

am just planning to register for the Masters this year, am only making enquiries on the suitability and chances of managing both

(1) (Reply)

Shopwithscrip Logs And Credit Union Logs For Sale / Be Ur Own Boss Stop Lookin For Job / Sale & Marketing Extecutives Needed At Yoghurt Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.