Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,121 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? (12025 Views)

As A Jobless IT Guy, Should I Take Job In Sales Or Remain Jobless / How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? / Jobless Lady Returns Money A Company Mistakenly Paid Into Her Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by BucketMan: 4:47pm On Feb 20
Hello guys, please I need your advice. I'm currently in a dilemma on what to do with my life presently. I'm a lawyer called to the bar in December 2022. Afterwards I practiced in a law firm for 6 months before resigning due to the meagre salary and harsh work environment. I just couldn't keep up, Although I can confirm that legal practice was very terrific but it's something that you can only enjoy if you're well paid at the Law firm or company you work with to effectively maintain the standard expected from you.

I've been jobless for 8 months now as all the efforts I put into securing a job ended in futility. I'm thinking of going for my masters degree(LLM) instead of staying idle at home with my parents. I think by doing this I can keep myself busy and improve on my career academically while also trying to find a good job in today's Nigeria.

Serious advice needed please

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:47pm On Feb 20
What a funny question 😄

Adakintroy:
Wetin you de master when you no get work?
Go find work and master that one first.

Hehehehe grin cheesy

Please don't leave us 🤣 😂 😃
Lawyer Layi in da building....

Well as dem MANNA wey we be,
We go advice you Bucketman,

Please, go for your Master's degree and don't remain jobless at home biko.
Na beg we dey beg you ooo.
Is dat all ?!

I've been jobless for 8 months now as all the efforts I put into securing a job ended in futility
Btw,
Do you still live with your parents?
Let's start from here undecided

Aesthetical:
na daddy’s boy na
No reason am
Oh, we see!

Aesthetical:
MANNABBQGRILLSMr Mana, how are you doing today
Everything good.
We no be Mr oooo,
We are simply WE.
Do have a great day sir.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by coldsummer: 6:47pm On Feb 20
Remain jobless

You have a phone that you can use data to surf. Your life is complete.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by judetov2(m): 6:47pm On Feb 20
Back then in high school, we all wanted to become lawyers. So one day my dad sat me down and explained how legal practice is done in Nigeria. As a young lawyer what u should have in mind is " lawyers dnt retire" and nobody wants to hire a young and inexperienced lawyer to handle his case.....Falana has been there since I was born....dnt tell me ur parents are going to sponsor ur Masters degree.

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by barinedan(m): 6:47pm On Feb 20
How will a jobless man or woman go for masters degree? Who is taking care of the expenses?

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Dpharisee: 6:47pm On Feb 20
Look for a trade and learn in addition to your law degree, go for Masters when you are in a position to pay your school fees.
I know a lawyer in your position who is now into agro processing and is doing pretty well

In all you do never take advise from the guy below you MANNABBQGRILL, who advised people to vote Buhari 2 times. cheesy
He also advised Nairalanders to be calling the evil Buhari as Darling Daddy for 8 years even when bandits were ransacking his home state of Benue.

Nairaland has even given him special status that he cannot be quoted.

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by boldsleek: 6:48pm On Feb 20
Who will pay for the master's?

You?
Your parents?
Like how much will it cost?

Why not use part of the funds for masters and learn a skill? Be it Electrical, plumbing, IT, repairs of industrial generators, furniture, pop installation, repairs of medical equipment, etc

When you have gathered experience, you open your own company, register it, start pursuing contracts.

The guy that's services our gen in my office charge is 50k that's after we might have called him several times and waited .., He is always damn booked and busy.

The security guy in my office who also doubles as a plumber is cashing out big time, the day he broke his piggy bank in my presence, just for 6months from his hustle as a plumber. I cursed my Nigeria certificate.

Think of being an creator of job, and not a job seeker even after your masters.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Dexy4yah(m): 6:48pm On Feb 20
If you have a sponsor then it's a good idea
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Uyi168: 6:48pm On Feb 20
Planning to go for masters shows u still get plenty money..

Will your MSc offer u the opportunity to easily land jobs?

In summary,law na yeye course. U just waste time and plenty resources for almost nothing.

10 Likes

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Adamux: 6:48pm On Feb 20
Go for your Masters if your parents can afford it.

Learn other skills as well

8 Likes

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by MrPresident1: 6:48pm On Feb 20
So you will just sit down at home tetere doing nothing? My friend don't be silly!

Go and do the Masters

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Aesthetical: 6:48pm On Feb 20
Go out there and look for a job, with the current situation of this country even getting an LLM won’t solve your problems except you are going to
Study overseas tho

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:48pm On Feb 20
coldsummer:
Remain jobless

You have a phone that you can use data to surf. Your life is complete.

Lol 😁,
Same thing we commented yesterday....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by eazzzy1(m): 6:48pm On Feb 20
Unless you plan to lecture there’s no need for the LLM. It’s not likely to improve your prospects in the job market. Instead of paying tuition to keep yourself busy why not learn skills that can help you earn almost immediately? You can decide to pay for your LLM yourself.

Unless of course your parents aren’t burdened with the cost, then going back to school beats sitting idle.

21 Likes

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by juwoonn(m): 6:48pm On Feb 20
Okay.
If you must know.
I still do not have a job after my master's degree.

Nothing is guaranteed in this country if you no get leeeeggggg

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Laple0541(m): 6:49pm On Feb 20
The money he wants to use for a master’s degree, can’t he use it for something more productive at least for now?

Go for a Master’s degree only if you want to be in academic line. One don’t need too much degrees to make it in current day Nigeria. Though if you have the means, you can go as high as you like, but not with the intention that that will guarantee you jobs.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by tiswell(m): 6:49pm On Feb 20
He is finished either ways.

Japa is the only sure way!

4 Likes

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by porthouse7(f): 6:49pm On Feb 20
Bleep master degree, use the money start a profitable business

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by xband: 6:49pm On Feb 20
Hold on with that masters idea.

Start a profitable business.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Ogbuefienubiaka: 6:49pm On Feb 20
If your parents can afford it in this Tinubu government the go ahead. Education is an advantage in sane society

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by CartelKenneth: 6:49pm On Feb 20
First of all how old are you
And maybe u can find ANYTHING doing so u don't waste valuable money on school in this current Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Aesthetical: 6:49pm On Feb 20
barinedan:
How will a jobless man or woman go for masters degree? Who is taking care of the expenses?
na daddy’s boy na
No reason am
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Babaflenjor: 6:49pm On Feb 20
Ok
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Titusolufemi(m): 6:50pm On Feb 20
Rubbish,
You never get another option yet you resigned
Why don't you go and seek advice from those who told you to resign then.

Mtcheeeeeeew

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by ecolime(m): 6:50pm On Feb 20
Masters degree

Sitting idle at home won't add any value to you.

porthouse7:
Bleep master degree, use the money start a profitable business

Profitable business like what?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Gbadugbakun(m): 6:50pm On Feb 20
sad
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Pejah97: 6:50pm On Feb 20
Go for your masters
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Xscape1993(m): 6:50pm On Feb 20
How old are you please?

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by jeromestarks: 6:51pm On Feb 20
Doing something is better than doing nothing. Go for Masters!

Why are you even asking this question? Does being idle legal to you? Is being idle what you were taught in law school?

Go for Masters or go and get married.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by StraightGaay: 6:51pm On Feb 20
Use the money and start up something.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Seunpapa65: 6:52pm On Feb 20
sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Sacks Medical Doctor For Theft Of Beds In Hospital / 5 Ways To Maintain A Work-life Balance / What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.