Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,548 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

#endsars Memorial: Sanwo-olu Approves N5m To Assaulted Uber Driver - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #endsars Memorial: Sanwo-olu Approves N5m To Assaulted Uber Driver (384 Views)

Zulum Gifts N5m To Borno Man Who Fabricated ‘hand Tractor’ / Kaduna NURTW Pays Over N5m To Secure Release Of Kidnapped Drivers / Nurse’s Murder: Ugwuanyi Offers N5m To Anybody With Information On Killers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

#endsars Memorial: Sanwo-olu Approves N5m To Assaulted Uber Driver by kiyosaki1(m): 9:13pm On Mar 25, 2023
Lagos State governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has directed that compensation of N5 million be paid to Mr. Clement Adedotun, a Uber driver, based on the judgement delivered by the Federal High Court against the state government.

Adedotun, a Uber driver, was assaulted on October 20, 2021, during a rally to mark the one-year anniversary of the #EndSARS protest in the state.

Governor Sanwo-Olu gave this directive on his Twitter handle, expressing his commitment to upholding the rule of law and protecting citizens’ rights with empathy and authority, even as he noted that the state government had appealed the ruling.

The Federal High Court in Suit No FHC/L/CS/ 1862/2021, filed by Adedotun’s counsel, had on the 14th of March 2023, delivered judgment against Lagos State Neighborhood Agency, Lagos State government, the Attorney-General, Lagos State and Nigeria Police, directing that a sum of N5million be paid to him as compensation.

Sanwo-Olu, who directed the state Attorney- General, Mr Moyosore Onigbanjo SAN, to set up a meeting and pay Adedotun the compensation awarded by the court, pointed out that he did so after reviewing the case, having been aware of it “recently.”

“Good evening Lagos, as Governor, I’m committed to upholding the rule of law and protecting citizens’ rights .

https://tribuneonlineng.com/endsars-memorial-sanwo-olu-approves-n5m-to-assaulted-uber-driver/

Re: #endsars Memorial: Sanwo-olu Approves N5m To Assaulted Uber Driver by GreyLaw(m): 9:14pm On Mar 25, 2023
Good one. I guess he backtracked seeing the impending backlash coming for him for not obeying the order initially.

He'll keep behaving well at least until Tinubu is sworn in. I hope he continues to behave well after that.
Re: #endsars Memorial: Sanwo-olu Approves N5m To Assaulted Uber Driver by Bidemio: 9:15pm On Mar 25, 2023
Good one. The healing process must start from us.
Re: #endsars Memorial: Sanwo-olu Approves N5m To Assaulted Uber Driver by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 25, 2023
I told you all sanwo olu will eventually approve the money for him. He's such a kindhearted man
Re: #endsars Memorial: Sanwo-olu Approves N5m To Assaulted Uber Driver by Nuhskhut: 9:18pm On Mar 25, 2023
He gave him the money when it became available.There was no cash then.
Re: #endsars Memorial: Sanwo-olu Approves N5m To Assaulted Uber Driver by johnmartus(m): 9:19pm On Mar 25, 2023
I thought as much now the lawyer will be claiming for 60% from the money.
Re: #endsars Memorial: Sanwo-olu Approves N5m To Assaulted Uber Driver by loosecanon50(m): 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2023
Why did he now take a detour? I thought he wanted to go to court in that effect. All these politicians can feel the rage in the country, tension is really running high and they know that all is not well. Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gunpowder.

2 Likes

Re: #endsars Memorial: Sanwo-olu Approves N5m To Assaulted Uber Driver by HisSexcellency(m): 9:38pm On Mar 25, 2023
What happened to the earlier news of him appealing the court judgement
Re: #endsars Memorial: Sanwo-olu Approves N5m To Assaulted Uber Driver by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 25, 2023
Approved,not yet paid.
Re: #endsars Memorial: Sanwo-olu Approves N5m To Assaulted Uber Driver by Boomkalakuta: 5:06am On Mar 26, 2023
Idiot e don hang you abi?

No take him to court
Re: #endsars Memorial: Sanwo-olu Approves N5m To Assaulted Uber Driver by OmotolaBoy(m): 5:07am On Mar 26, 2023
Good One
Justice served
Re: #endsars Memorial: Sanwo-olu Approves N5m To Assaulted Uber Driver by Mynd44: 5:46am On Mar 26, 2023

(1)

Obasanjo And Others Gave Peter Obi A Standing Ovation During Soludo’s One-year I / My Encounter With The Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party, Mr Peter Obi / Nairaland Home Page Not Updated Since Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.