Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,515 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Oto Mboro (banana Porridge) : Akwa Ibomites Are Undefeated Recipe Creators Abeg - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Oto Mboro (banana Porridge) : Akwa Ibomites Are Undefeated Recipe Creators Abeg (849 Views)

The Yam Porridge I Made With Just 2400. Very Delicious. Photos / Oto Mboro (unripe Banana Porridge) Recipe And Ingredients / How To Prepare Delicious Banana Porridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oto Mboro (banana Porridge) : Akwa Ibomites Are Undefeated Recipe Creators Abeg by oyinella(f): 9:17pm On Mar 25, 2023
I am officially an Ibibio girl and you cannot tell me otherwise, because are you even Ibibio if you haven’t tasted this delicacy? Few minutes before I tasted this goodness, I was arguing with my sister in law, that banana is a fruit and should only be regarded and consumed as a fruit, but the taste of this thing humbled me. Dear ibibios, your humble wife don swallow her words, even if una give me cooked mangoes and oranges, i go chop am, saaai! Ndidia anem
I made a video about how we made this on my YouTube channel, you fit no finally cook this food o, but you go love the video

https://youtube.com/shorts/0AO9ShfprDg?feature=share

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oto Mboro (banana Porridge) : Akwa Ibomites Are Undefeated Recipe Creators Abeg by oyinella(f): 9:19pm On Mar 25, 2023
It tasted so good!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oto Mboro (banana Porridge) : Akwa Ibomites Are Undefeated Recipe Creators Abeg by judatech: 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2023
Why are you exposing our secrets? grin
Re: Oto Mboro (banana Porridge) : Akwa Ibomites Are Undefeated Recipe Creators Abeg by sageb: 9:46pm On Mar 25, 2023
oyinella:
It tasted so good!
So delicious, also try ekpang kukwo.
Re: Oto Mboro (banana Porridge) : Akwa Ibomites Are Undefeated Recipe Creators Abeg by oyinella(f): 10:45pm On Mar 25, 2023
sageb:

So delicious, also try ekpang kukwo.
I will, looking forward to it
Re: Oto Mboro (banana Porridge) : Akwa Ibomites Are Undefeated Recipe Creators Abeg by oyinella(f): 7:23am On Mar 26, 2023
judatech:
Omo this secret deserves to be shared to the world mbok! Very sweet sturvs

1 Like

Re: Oto Mboro (banana Porridge) : Akwa Ibomites Are Undefeated Recipe Creators Abeg by sageb: 9:08am On Mar 26, 2023
oyinella:
I will, looking forward to it
Oyin? Are you Ijaw?

1 Like

Re: Oto Mboro (banana Porridge) : Akwa Ibomites Are Undefeated Recipe Creators Abeg by CodeTemplar: 10:03am On Mar 26, 2023
Content creators. I hail o.

1 Like

Re: Oto Mboro (banana Porridge) : Akwa Ibomites Are Undefeated Recipe Creators Abeg by mariahAngel(f): 10:16am On Mar 26, 2023
It's like ekpang-nkwukwo.
Only you used grated unripe bananas, instead of cocoyam, and the paste were not wrapped in leaves.
I'd say it's between ekpang-nkwukwo/plantain pottage/Ikokore.

I want ask; why unripe bananas and not unripe plantains?

Your people are very creative when it comes to nutritious food, and I commend the time and effort you put in your cooking.

judatech:

It seems some of you guys don't like sharing your recipes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oto Mboro (banana Porridge) : Akwa Ibomites Are Undefeated Recipe Creators Abeg by oyinella(f): 2:23pm On Mar 26, 2023
sageb:

Oyin?
Are you Ijaw?
Yes I am, are you ijaw too?
Re: Oto Mboro (banana Porridge) : Akwa Ibomites Are Undefeated Recipe Creators Abeg by oyinella(f): 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Content creators. I hail o.
I hail you too bro! Abeg support us o
Re: Oto Mboro (banana Porridge) : Akwa Ibomites Are Undefeated Recipe Creators Abeg by oyinella(f): 2:33pm On Mar 26, 2023
mariahAngel:
It's like ekpang-nkwukwo.
Only you used grated unripe bananas, instead of cocoyam, and the paste were not wrapped in leaves.
I'd say it's between ekpang-nkwukwo/plantain pottage/Ikokore.

I want ask; why unripe bananas and not unripe plantains?

Your people are very creative when it comes to nutritious food, and I commend the time and effort you put in your cooking.

It seems some of you guys don't like sharing your recipes.
Very creative people, the time and love dey put into each dish is commendable! I’ve been here for a while and I’ve not even eaten half of the goodies they make here. About sharing their recipes, I think most akwaibom content creators have other niches that is not necessarily food. But I’ll be sharing all of that on my channel, akwaibom delicacies are more than just ekpangkukwo, afang and edikaikong, there’s more! Besides, these people are so peaceful, very receptive and loving, their women are hard workers! That’s not what I thought before I came here, all the media painted was “Akpan the gateman” and “Ekaette the maid”. I want you to see Akwaibom, the amazing people, and the delicious food through my eyes.
Re: Oto Mboro (banana Porridge) : Akwa Ibomites Are Undefeated Recipe Creators Abeg by sageb: 4:25pm On Mar 26, 2023
oyinella:
Yes I am, are you ijaw too?
Yes, I am.
Re: Oto Mboro (banana Porridge) : Akwa Ibomites Are Undefeated Recipe Creators Abeg by mariahAngel(f): 5:17pm On Mar 26, 2023
oyinella:

Very creative people, the time and love dey put into each dish is commendable! I’ve been here for a while and I’ve not even eaten half of the goodies they make here. About sharing their recipes, I think most akwaibom content creators have other niches that is not necessarily food. But I’ll be sharing all of that on my channel, akwaibom delicacies are more than just ekpangkukwo, afang and edikaikong, there’s more! Besides, these people are so peaceful, very receptive and loving, their women are hard workers! That’s not what I thought before I came here, all the media painted was “Akpan the gateman” and “Ekaette the maid”. I want you to see Akwaibom, the amazing people, and the delicious food through my eyes.

You seem so passionate about them that I even thought you're from there.
How nice.
As for their (unknown) recipes, I can't wait to see them on your channel.
The one you shared, I might try it out with unripe plantains and mackerel, but without periwinkles. cheesy
Re: Oto Mboro (banana Porridge) : Akwa Ibomites Are Undefeated Recipe Creators Abeg by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Apr 02, 2023
oyinella:
It tasted so good!
It did! lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

For People Who Love To Eat In New York / Owanbe Parties 4 All Call Dhaewood Small Shops & Berbeques,08026272323 / Smooth Eeville- Fruit Cocktais

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.