Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic (2709 Views)

Tinubu Must Send BATTALLIONS Of Federal Troops To Igboland, And END Sit-At-Home / Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic. / FUNAM: Fulani Claims Ownership Of Land From Sokoto To The Atlantic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by UncleAyo: 8:40am On Mar 31, 2023
Landlord97:
THE LAST THING FULANI AND YORUBA,WILL ALLOW IS THE VIABILITY OF SEAPORT IN THE SOUTHEAST, CAUSE IT WILL CRIPPLE THE ECONOMY OF SOUTHWEST AND PUT AN END, TO THE BILLIONS BOTH YORUBA AND FULANI MAKES IN COLLABORATION.

I still believe there are few people in the south east who have "the intelligence genes" in their DNA; I am only supprise as to why they allowed to be represented at large by low thinkers who cannot differentiate their left from right.

Has the Yoruba and the Fulani stop Anambra State from building the international Airport?

You people need to wake up from your dream state and start taking responsibility for your future. Start telling your governors to do the right things.

May be you should start excusing the word "Yoruba" from your rhetorics. Because it's irritating.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by chrisxxx(m): 8:47am On Mar 31, 2023
Denoh68:
DOES IKWERE HAVE ACCESS TO SEA
How does this concern the Ikwerres?

1 Like

Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by soojar(m): 8:50am On Mar 31, 2023
AyakaDunukofia:
The knowledge has been in public domain that Abia state's tributary at Obuaku is nearer to the Atlantic Ocean than the Port Harcourt's. King Jaja actually used the maritime pathway to haul palm oil down the beachhead.

Having stated that, the ports at Port Harcourt and Akwai Ibom, If allowed to operate at maximum capacity, would solve Igbo merchants' problems.
The outcome would be that:

a) the proximity of these ports to the Igbo hinterland is very negligible.

b) the long distance from the east to Lagos which precipitated the need to reside in Lagos would not be there anymore. Most Igbo merchants would enjoy doing their businesses in the comfort of their palatial mansions in the east currently left for the cockroaches.

c) The city of Aba would by default become one of the biggest container terminals in Nigeria given her proximity to Port Harcourt. A distance that is about that of Tin Can Island to Oshodi.

d) Most Igbo businesses would wind down to maintaining subsidiaries in Lagos.

e) Land patronage by the Igbo in Lagos would decline.

f) the need to buy land from these contiguous port cities would not increase from what it currently is.

g) Upsurge in real estate business in Igboland

h) the removal of railtracks from the "Exclusive list" to the "Concurrent" would put SE states under pressure to link the states with rail lines.

i) More air traffic at the well-built Anambra airport. And as well as Imo and Enugu etc.

Would be win, win for everybody. Nigeria as a whole would be better for it.

But... the phobia the other parts of Nigeria still have is that the direct access of East to the sea might not be good for Nigeria because the spirit of Biafra is still very much rive in the East and in case it gets to the level of waging war against Nigeria again to break away, the East will have unbridled access to arms and ammunition through the sea.

We learn everyday
Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by gidgiddy: 9:15am On Mar 31, 2023
AwkaFinest:

In other words, Niger, Kogi, Benue and Nasarawa states all have access to the sea...

As long as you have a water way that runs through your land to the ocean, you have access to the sea

Wether you have the resources to build a River port and do dredging is another matter entirely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by AwkaFinest: 10:30am On Mar 31, 2023
gidgiddy:

As long as you have a water way that runs through your land to the ocean, you have access to the sea

Wether you have the resources to build a River port and do dredging is another matter entirely

By your logic, it means Niger republic and Mali have access to the sea grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by Ugwuoke347(m): 10:38am On Mar 31, 2023
franchasofficia:
We all know the post-war policies made to punish Igbos and impoverish Igbos after the war but then they forgot we have a living God that never sleeps nor slumber.

Nigeria as a nation will never witness real progress until Nigerians pacify Igbos.

It is spiritual, it is not ordinary, the brazen injustice against Igbos and the wide approval from even children of today who ought to be seeking for justice and equity is one of the many reasons Nigeria will continue to struggle as a nation.

Your spirit is vibrant.
To have recognized this truth.

2 Likes

Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by Afamed: 10:46am On Mar 31, 2023
Land grabber at it again.

1 Like

Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by peter0071(m): 10:50am On Mar 31, 2023
for Lagos to do it, there is a political angle to it...being that it was approved and licensed by the so-called Federal government.

Anambra state built an international cargo airport (under governor Obiano) but up till date, the federal government has not given them full approval for operation.

sincerely yours, the Igbos and stackholders are really trying their best to get things done. But the powers that be are truncating most efforts
pquaver:

It is a problem to me because i am a bona-fide son of the soil a royal one at that so you get it.. I help lots of people till today, my WhatsApp message and Facebook is last with good day bro,. How gar how u dey? I do not ask how they are doing anymocos that initiates the billing direct. So anything to gethe the employmrate up is good for me.
Secondly having a seaport is good and i never saw where my write up said it is bad so i am saying you dont have to wait for FG. Lagos dod it alone and i see no reason the 5 southeast states cannot do it.. If it is that important to is. I also mean for tge economy the mentality of importation should be replaced woth exportation.. So please which part of my messages did you not understand?
Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by Afamed: 10:54am On Mar 31, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol use Google earth then come back
The afikpo river or ITU river flows straight to the Atlantic Ocean via oron

Stop misleading your compatriots, there is different between a Sea and a River

2 Likes

Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by Afamed: 10:57am On Mar 31, 2023
Odibembem:

Through Oron you said. Is Oron Igboland? It's Oron that has access to the sea and Oron is Akwa Ibom

Let them know, before they will come to grab your land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by plaindealer: 11:00am On Mar 31, 2023
Ejimakor, a lawyer writes from Alaigbo.

Edo teamed up with private investors to build their seaport

Akwa Ibom is doing the same thing

Lagos went the same route, they all did their homework and were granted FG approval to build their seaport, but as usual, Igbo SE prefer blackmail, lies, trickery, fabrication, and propaganda, they want the FG to do everything for them on a platter of gold.

When are your lazy governors going to do the hard work, look for investors, or engage your so-called igbo billionaires to build your seaport.?

All mouth and zero action..

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by pquaver(m): 11:07am On Mar 31, 2023
peter0071:
for Lagos to do it, there is a political angle to it...being that it was approved and licensed by the so-called Federal government.

Anambra state built an international cargo airport (under governor Obiano) but up till date, the federal government has not given them full approval for operation.

sincerely yours, the Igbos and stackholders are really trying their best to get things done. But the powers that be are truncating most efforts

We should try being nice.. As i said.. You cannot call me names, threaten me etc and ask me to allow u park ur car infront of my house.. I have said it more than 100 times we need to change political pattern.. We have been using hostility. It is not working let us change.. They will call me names but i am only saying the truth.. Only a foolish man does tge same thing over and over again and expect a different result.. Ndewoo

1 Like

Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by mrvitalis(m): 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2023
Afamed:

Name the port in Nigeria that sit on the sea ..I dare you ...outside say lekki port ...name one
Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by XAUBulls: 11:36am On Apr 01, 2023
Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by XAUBulls: 12:01pm On Apr 01, 2023
AyakaDunukofia:
The knowledge has been in public domain that Abia state's tributary at Obuaku is nearer to the Atlantic Ocean than the Port Harcourt's. King Jaja actually used the maritime pathway to haul palm oil down the beachhead.

Having stated that, the ports at Port Harcourt and Akwai Ibom, If allowed to operate at maximum capacity, would solve Igbo merchants' problems.
The outcome would be that:

a) the proximity of these ports to the Igbo hinterland is very negligible.

b) the long distance from the east to Lagos which precipitated the need to reside in Lagos would not be there anymore. Most Igbo merchants would enjoy doing their businesses in the comfort of their palatial mansions in the east currently left for the cockroaches.

c) The city of Aba would by default become one of the biggest container terminals in Nigeria given her proximity to Port Harcourt. A distance that is about that of Tin Can Island to Oshodi.

d) Most Igbo businesses would wind down to maintaining subsidiaries in Lagos.

e) Land patronage by the Igbo in Lagos would decline.

f) the need to buy land from these contiguous port cities would not increase from what it currently is.

g) Upsurge in real estate business in Igboland

h) the removal of railtracks from the "Exclusive list" to the "Concurrent" would put SE states under pressure to link the states with rail lines.

i) More air traffic at the well-built Anambra airport. And as well as Imo and Enugu etc.
Insightful.

Lagos State will have more breathing space and concentrate on serving as a robust feeder for the LAKAJI route via the Lekki Deep Sea Port and Apapa port.
Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by Oscarhakx: 12:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
If we have all this, why cant the 5 states collaborate to build one sea port? Why the wait?
Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by Oscarhakx: 12:48pm On Apr 01, 2023
UncleAyo:

I still believe there are few people in the south east who have "the intelligence genes" in their DNA; I am only supprise as to why they allowed to be represented at large by low thinkers who cannot differentiate their left from right.

Has the Yoruba and the Fulani stop Anambra State from building the international Airport?

You people need to wake up from your dream state and start taking responsibility for your future. Start telling your governors to do the right things.

May be you should start excusing the word "Yoruba" from your rhetorics. Because it's irritating.

its true. No one has stopped igbos from building a cargo airport. We really need to pull resources to build a world standard seaport in south east. But we need prominient igbo men to pull some string in other to kickstart this project. If we start now, it could be done in less than 5 years
Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by Oscarhakx: 12:58pm On Apr 01, 2023
Afamed:

a community that has a river that connect to the sea by a relatively short distance, has access to the sea. All you need is to dredge the river, to accomodate ships. This has always been done.
Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by AwkaFinest: 1:27pm On Apr 01, 2023
Oscarhakx:
a community that has a river that connect to the sea by a relatively short distance, has access to the sea. All you need is to dredge the river, to accomodate ships. This has always been done.

You can only dredge your own part of the River, not another man's part.

Just as countries have their airspace, same way they have their waterways. You need to dialogue in this case for vessels to pass from the sea into the creeks down to your River Port.
Without a good bilateral agreement it won't work.

Mali or Niger republic can have a river Port on river Niger, but for vessels to come in from the sea to those ports, they must have a bilateral agreement with Nigeria. It's that simple.

Today, countries like Burkina Faso, Mali and Niger Republic use ports in Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin and Nigeria for importing or exporting goods via the sea.
Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by UncleAyo: 1:30pm On Apr 01, 2023
Oscarhakx:
its true. No one has stopped igbos from building a cargo airport. We really need to pull resources to build a world standard seaport in south east. But we need prominient igbo men to pull some string in other to kickstart this project. If we start now, it could be done in less than 5 years

Thanks for your understanding.

My wish is for Igbo land to be great, and if possible greater that the south west and many top places of the world. The people need to wake up and charge their governors and state assemblies to responsibilities and stop whining.

If the Igbo develop Lagos (like they want us to believe), then the south east should by now be far far better than what it is today.

1 Like

Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by Denoh68: 7:55pm On Apr 02, 2023
chrisxxx:

How does this concern the Ikwerres?
BECAUSE THEY ARE IGBOS WHO LOST THEIR IDENTITY
Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by chrisxxx(m): 9:23pm On Apr 02, 2023
Denoh68:
BECAUSE THEY ARE IGBOS WHO LOST THEIR IDENTITY
What about Igbo being Ikwerre? Una be fool ooo

1 Like

Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by Tranquill: 6:48pm On Apr 03, 2023
Afamed:

Let them know, before they will come to grab your land

Odibembem:

Through Oron you said. Is Oron Igboland? It's Oron that has access to the sea and Oron is Akwa Ibom

When Efik has been declared as Igbo wetin come remain.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by XAUBulls: 10:17am On Jun 15, 2023
FarmTech:

https://www.thecable.ng/igboland-and-its-hidden-tributaries-to-the-atlantic/amp
The so-called "lawyer" who wrote this article in the Cable is dishonest and engaged in puerile propaganda.

There are so many internal errors in this article and I strongly doubt that this guy is a legal practitioner.

First off, Onne is a river port NOT a seaport. The only seaports that exist in Nigeria are in Lagos State. All other ports in Nigeria are river ports because they were ALL built along RIVERS and not along the SEAS or oceans. The new Lekki Deep Seaport is a classic example of a seaport built on a sea or Atlantic ocean.

There is also NO part of Iboland that shares direct boundaries with the sea so there can be NO seaports there, ONLY river ports like Onitsha river port can exist there. Since Iboland shares direct boundaries with the great river Niger, the Ibos are Nigerians because the country or landmass called Nigeria was named after river Niger.

Last but not least, there is NO such thing as the "corruption" of Bight of Bonny. As of 1967, based on official government gazette, the Bight of Bonny officially became the name of the body of ocean waters bordering the present 4 states of Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers. The Ibos have NO right to appropriate that illegal name "Biafra" because Iboland does not share direct boundaries with the Bight of Bonny or the Atlantic ocean. It is even these 4 states that should be laying claims to the Portuguese name Biafra but they are not. Period.
Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by honeyB2018: 12:32pm On Jun 15, 2023
Tranquill:
Mr Igbo come and tell your misguided descendants where your land begins and ends o!

They are in Okigwe, Awka, Ohambele and claiming other peoples territories as Igboland.

A Bonny guy just told me few minutes ago “What concerns someone from Awka with Bonny?”

People are now seeing clearly that the Fulani that these Igbo people keep demonising every day and night are learners compared to their greedy inclinations and tendencies to steal lands that do not belong to them.

You are too old for the stupidity you are displaying here. Where in the post, did the poster claim anywhere unjustly as Igbo land?
In case you don't understand, he was only telling you of the nearness of the rivers in Igbo land mentioned, to the Atlantic ocean, therefore we demand that any of those rivers be developed in Igboland for the use of the people and Nigerians at large.
Take time, about your hatred for the IGBOS, otherwise you will die for nothing. Don't hate a tribe that doesn't even know wether you exist or not
Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by honeyB2018: 12:45pm On Jun 15, 2023
UncleAyo:

Thanks for your matured response. Your thought is a two way thought.
As you have the low thinker amongst the IGBOS, which I sincerely believe, following their response and comments on issues, the same is applicable to your people the Yorubas. Infact sometimes, I get so annoyed with comments from the Yoruba commentators, that I question the rational behind creating social media platforms, because without it, some of these people wouldn't have gotten the chance for it.
Imagine issues that has no correlation with anything Igbo,IGBOS will be brought it, not for any good reasoning, but to cast aspersions on the integrity and personalty of Igboman.
Like you said, may be the Yoruba commentators, should as well learn and ensure that the word IGBO is removed completely from their thoughts since it irritates from their comments.
If you read my post and avoid it, there's no how we will have an issue, but when you do and innuendos are released, it marks the beginning of contest.
Re: Igboland And Its Hidden Tributaries To The Atlantic by Tranquill: 3:00pm On Jun 15, 2023
honeyB2018:

You are too old for the stupidity you are displaying here. Where in the post, did the poster claim anywhere unjustly as Igbo land?
In case you don't understand, he was only telling you of the nearness of the rivers in Igbo land mentioned, to the Atlantic ocean, therefore we demand that any of those rivers be developed in Igboland for the use of the people and Nigerians at large.
Take time, about your hatred for the IGBOS, otherwise you will die for nothing. Don't hate a tribe that doesn't even know wether you exist or not

You are the bigger munmun who doesn’t know where your Igbo land begins and ends. Carry your monkey legs come host your Igboland flag na for another man’s town in the name of Igboland if you no turn to suya.

Ode land thieves

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: FBI Announces Death Of Lee Andrew Edwards, Tinubu’s Counsellor In Chic / Senator Alphonsus Igbeke Decamps To Pdp / 9ja Voice, The North Kick Out People From Ghana From Nigeria, Not Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.