Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) (34382 Views)

Sit-At-Home 'Offenders' Flogged By Simon Ikpa Boys / Simon Ikpa Boys Captured Igbo Road Safety Officer And Spared His Life / Labour Party Zonal Rally In Nsukka (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by Asswipemod: 1:19pm On Mar 26, 2023
Godsfrezx:
Look solid

Ah! This is your definition of a solid road?
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by erico2k2(m): 1:21pm On Mar 26, 2023
Cognitivereason:

Concrete road for inner roads in a small community?
Yes ,y Road in PH was done that way and its even a little back road
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by CBR100: 1:24pm On Mar 26, 2023
Mrfeel:

Must every road in Nigeria have drainage? Is it now a cultural thing in Nigeria?

I guess u are not an engineer
the road likely to fail in no time
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by DriveByKiller: 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kenmatt:
Ugwuanyi is the best Governor that has ever featured in Enugu State.

I pray Mbah Ndubuisi Peter does the same.
imbeciles
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by excelchips(m): 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2023
OEPHIUS:
Propelled by promises in his inaugural address, passion for good governance and commitment to transformational development drive in the rural areas, especially in Nsukka, a university town and the second largest city in Enugu State, Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi is currently advancing construction works on five roads in Nru, Edem and Eha-Alumona communities, all in Nsukka Local Government Area of the state.

Below is the ongoing asphalting of Ikpa Road (Nru) being handled by Ferotex Construction Company Limited.

Drainage is essential here.
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by CBR100: 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2023
Originalsly:
[

Hmmm..... so maybe another two years for the same to happen to this road? What did they learn? It's so clear that drainage problems will lead to the qui k destruction of this road.... which is below the land level. When it rains water will surely run off and flood the road. Must all roads and highways have drainage? No... many don't.... but do they need drainage?

first go and read about rural road and urban road

the picture u posted, have an earth drain Buh u won't know (not necessary you have concrete drain ).....Buh the enugu road does not have any (imagine in a tropical region??)

1 Like

Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by wehdone(m): 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2023
Boomkalakuta:
These ones still wan paint Enugu governor good 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Take a look at your first pic , where is the drainage?

There's actually a drainage. Look towards the bike, you'll see the wood they put yhere to use in crossing the drainage. The picture quality is poor imo
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by BUSHHUNTER: 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2023
Flier:
That is the problem we have in Nigeria,i bet the road wont last 2 years
Just like the road one useless local government did in my area,doesnt last 6 months and the worse is they will never come back to repair it

They do this to camouflage as if they are really working. Wicked people.

1 Like

Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by Majesty7: 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2023
Boomkalakuta:

Apart from drainage, that road is a total rubbish. They just painted the road with asphalt. Three or four heavy rain will wash away that cosmetic

2 Likes

Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by excelchips(m): 1:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
Without drainage, the road won't last and the people incharge are aware of this.
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by Mrfeel: 1:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
CBR100:

I know many roads without drainage
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by fitinwell: 1:31pm On Mar 26, 2023
Boomkalakuta:

I pity blind folded Nairalanders who.. likes every comments...

Can't you take a good look and see drainage...?

Look with eye glasses if need be...
And stop fooling around...
With someone's hard labour....
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by Goalnaldo(m): 1:31pm On Mar 26, 2023
superCleanworks:

he doesn't need to travel out. go to the Northern states and see roads.

there is no road in the east compared to what is in the North because of scams like this one
going out of his state can also mean "travel out" abi how you see am senior man?
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by CBR100: 1:31pm On Mar 26, 2023
Mrfeel:

I know many roads without drainage

I doubt it (a road must camber and have drain

Buh the drain maybe not necessary be concrete drain .....there is earth drain

even in desert, there is still some form of drain sometimes underground (incase if emergency flood)
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by CBR100: 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2023
fitinwell:

I pity blind folded Nairalanders who.. likes every comments...
Can't you take a good look and see drainage...?
Look with eye glasses if need be... And stop fooling around... With someone's hard labour....
look at the first pics, beside the shop fence, can u. see any drain there ??
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by mylove4God(f): 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
Worst Enugu state Governor

1 Like

Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by TonySpike: 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
CBR100:

I only saw the first picture and I concluded that the road is an epic fail without side drainages. I hope the road will function well after one year....lmao
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by Kinehap: 1:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
It is only in Nigeria that I see some people commending a Governor building roads. It's high time you guys knew it is the work of government, that is why we pay tax.

It is time we invest in human capital. This and only this can take us to where we dream of.
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by Majesty7: 1:41pm On Mar 26, 2023
superCleanworks:
tax payers money. let him do his job. this is why he was voted in. f*ck pictures

i don't take pictures before paying my TAX.
so please keep your useless pictures and do your job. if you no wan do am then get out.

who this one wan impress?

Honestly Nigerian youth and every sane Nigeria needs to start thinking like this. Good input. Thumbs up
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by Ajofiapero(m): 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2023
Construction of tarred roads without drainages is a total wreck. Give it two years it will be full of potholes and shii... Danger to cyclists and motorists.

Half a loaf is not better than none when you are the rightful owner of the full loaf.

Nigerians are not dumb, they know standard and substandard. Do fast shift make the next man take over
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by YorubaSlur: 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2023
fabian063:
Anambra is not as developed or liveable as Enugu, unless you haven't been to Enugu. Have u wondered why most politicians in the South East prefer to stay in Enugu than their State

False!! There's nothing in Enugu. Can you tell me what it is about Enugwu?? What is their economic contribution to the southeast? Which politicians prefer to stay in Enugwu? Politicians come there because of the airport and nothing else.
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by sixtuso(m): 1:56pm On Mar 26, 2023
Boomkalakuta:

The worst Governor since independence. That's how he built his own road, no drainage he is not even constructing new road. They are just patching it and use Big machine to level it up. Useless Governor, look at the Governor of Ebonyi state. How many bridges, road new road entirely, airport market, Mall, universities standard oh, many but Mrs Ugwuanyi nothing to show after 8years. The once he managed build is not even standard.
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by Menclothing: 1:57pm On Mar 26, 2023
Election is over am waiting to see best 3 gov in infgracstructure
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by superCleanworks(m): 2:02pm On Mar 26, 2023
Goalnaldo:
going out of his state can also mean "travel out" abi how you see am senior man?

e follow sir
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by zombieHUNTER: 2:04pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kenmatt:

paid poster shame on you
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by easynetsms(m): 2:10pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kenmatt:

It seems your brain needs restructuring. From this road now, where is the pedestrian path? Just be building road like people that are still in the cave
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by Princeton92(m): 2:22pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kenmatt:

I think you dunno what you just said bro
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by Winters23: 2:33pm On Mar 26, 2023
Badadvisor:

Underrated how?
Cos last i check enugu is the capital of igbo land and the most popular and most developed city in the south east where 90 percent of top igbo politicians and celebrities live temporary or permanently, regularly visits and own properties.
So what do you mean by Underrated or you mean in Nigeria generally?

My bad, I meant in Nigeria
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 26, 2023
Funny how even in the 21st century, countries like Nigeria still celebrate Road construction.
SMH
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by Everlastingson: 2:34pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kenmatt:

You are surely not okay.
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by Everlastingson: 2:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kenmatt:
Let me use this medium to draw the attention of our amiable God sent Governor, His Excellency, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, to upgrade a Telecom network services after Eziani towards Ugbene Ajima and beyond. This is in Uzo-Uwani to be precise, after Barracks Junction in Nsukka, along the new road built by Governor Ugwuanyi that runs down to Ukpabi.

Truthfully, Enugu State is in the Hand of God!!!

Stop lying to yourself. Don't think you will keep the LP mandate you stole in Enugu State. You must vomit it.
Re: Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) by ogunsbanjul(m): 2:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
Instead for these ranters to hold their religional leaders accountable to these rubbish roads that will soon be watched away by May /June rain and stop criticizing north, west and south/south that have no business with them.

Iran alaimore ketekete

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister / Picture Of Buhari In Glasgow At The COP26 Summit / Amaechi Built Five Flyovers, Rivers APC Replies Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.