Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,572 members, 7,823,489 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

The Truth About The Elections In Lagos - An Omo Ale - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About The Elections In Lagos - An Omo Ale (421 Views)

Lady Who Campaigned Vigorously For President Tinubu During The Elections Laments / Cult Leader Stabs Man For Voting APC During The Elections In Delta. Photos / Buhari Won The Elections In 2003, 2007 And 2011- Fomer US Ambassador Campbell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About The Elections In Lagos - An Omo Ale by DesChyko: 8:07am On Mar 26, 2023
I have this friend, Yunusa. He's an Omo Ale; the newly coined word by anti-Peter Obi Yorubas for any Yoruba who is vocal about their disdain for Tinubu's potential emergence and APC-misrule, and how Peter Obi represents the opposite of all of that (take special note of 'who is vocal'). To be honest, he's more vocal and determined about Peter Obi's ascension than I am on the streets.

His PU is at a market where his aged mother is one of the recognized market leaders. He also has some of his family elders having stakes in the market too. In his opinion, his mother has been brainwashed to be pro-APC because they (himself inclusive) were threatened that their market will be shut down if they fail to deliver for APC. And they believed it because another market at Agboju was 'supposedly' shut down when they failed to comply with APC-directives over campaigns and the likes and they now share market space with them.

Fast forward to Feb 25; he spent the night before at their market store so he doesn't have to start travelling down there in the morning to vote. As usual, there was a family meeting where they were all asked to vote for APC (for a number of reasons including the fact that they may lose the market). But he went on to vote for LP for Presidential and APC for the other 2 slots. As they reconvened after voting, he was vocal about how he voted and the family members descended on him with verbal assaults, including 'Omo ale'. He was incensed that incident and had to leave the scene ASAP because these are elderly people he didn't want to insult.

He decided not to go for the Guber polls despite pressure from the family through his mother as they sought to make their numbers count. Despite all promises of entreaties, he turned it down, pegging it on their behaviour last time when he came to exercise his civic rights. So only his mother went to vote. And this is where it gets interesting.

We linked up on Sunday after the elections and he told me how and why he didn't go after I berated him for not exercising his civic right, especially as myself and others who were not Yorubas were prevented from voting by thugs. Luckily, his mother was there to recount how the voting experience was and that in itself tells a tale of scapegoating.

According to her, all other tribes bar known Yorubas in the locality were prevented from voting (as it was in many PUs across Lagos). The puzzling thing was when the ballot papers were counted, APC tied with LP for the Guber poll in that PU. There was a lot of noise and threats over who is betraying who but in the end, they had to submit it like that rather than annul all their efforts.

Which brings us to the false tribal narrative been spread around that Igbos (other non-Yoruba tribes inclusive) wants to take over Lagos. Such an election was a litmus test which proved that Yorubas as much as every other tribe were implicit in how the results turned out. This has always been my belief especially as I know a good number of Omo Ales (woke Yorubas in English) who are OBIdients.

I'd advise you who feel pressured by that false narrative to rest easy. They also have opponents who are from within and having the majority of the support of other tribes in the same boat is what scared them into thuggery. But for how long will they keep the false narrative flying? Keep calm and watch the tape. It'll be an interesting ride.
Re: The Truth About The Elections In Lagos - An Omo Ale by BitterTruth01: 8:10am On Mar 26, 2023
DesChyko:
I have this friend, Yunusa. He's an Omo Ale; the newly coined word by anti-Peter Obi Yorubas for any Yoruba who is vocal about their disdain for Tinubu's potential emergence and APC-misrule, and how Peter Obi represents the opposite of all of that (take special note of 'who is vocal'). To be honest, he's more vocal and determined about Peter Obi's ascension than I am on the streets.

His PU is at a market where his aged mother is one of the recognized market leaders. He also has some of his family elders having stakes in the market too. In his opinion, his mother has been brainwashed to be pro-APC because they (himself inclusive) we're threatened that their market will be shut down if they fail to deliver for APC. And they believed it because another market at Agboju was shut down when they failed to comply with APC-directives over campaigns and the likes and they now share market space with them.

Fast forward to Feb 25; he spent the night before at their market store so he doesn't have to start travelling down there in the morning to vote. As usual, there was a family meeting where they were all asked to vote for APC (for a number of reasons including the fact that they may lose the market). But he went on to vote for LP for Presidential and APC for the other 2 slots. As they reconvened after voting, he was vocal about how he voted and the family members descended on him with verbal assaults, including 'Omo ale'. He was incensed that incident and had to leave the scene ASAP because these are elderly people he didn't want to insult.

He decided not to go for the Guber polls despite pressure from the family through his mother as they sought to make their numbers count. Despite all promises of entreaties, he turned it down, pegging it on their behaviour last time when he came to exercise his civic rights. So only his mother went to vote. And this is where it gets interesting.

We linked up on Sunday after the elections and he told me how and why he didn't go after I berated him for not exercising his civic right, especially as myself and others who were not Yorubas were prevented from voting by thugs. Luckily, his mother was there to recount how the voting experience was and that in itself tells a tell of scapegoating.

According to her, all other tribes bar known Yorubas in the locality were prevented from voting (as it was in many PUs across Lagos). The puzzling thing was when the ballot papers were counted, APC tied with LP for the Guber poll in that PU. There was a lot of noise and threats over who is betraying who but in the end, they had to submit it like that rather than annul all their efforts.

Which brings us to the false tribal narrative been spread around that Igbos (other non-Yoruba tribes inclusive) wants to take over Lagos. Such an election was a litmus test which proved that Yorubas as much as every other tribe were implicit in how the results turned out. This has always been my belief especially as I know a good number of Omo Ales (woke Yorubas in English) who are OBIdients.

I'd advise you who feel pressured by that false narrative to rest easy. They also have opponents who are from within and having the majority of the support of other tribes in the same boat is what scared them into thuggery. But for how long will they keep the false narrative flying? Keep calm and watch the tape. It'll be an interesting ride.

We all know the truth .

It’s only the political rascals that are being delusional and mischievous.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Elections In Lagos - An Omo Ale by angelboy01(m): 9:25am On Mar 26, 2023
God bless you for this, but you will still find some people saying IBOs this and that. Is IBOs the only tribe in Nigeria? osu mi o.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Elections In Lagos - An Omo Ale by nnachukz(m): 9:53am On Mar 26, 2023
We know this. Suppression is just a tactics that has proven not to stand the test of time. As many people begin to break themselves away from tribal sentiment, they will begin to boldly stand and overpower their oppressors (thugs backed by state power). Look at Abia State, the current governor never won that 2015 election PDP stole it, did same in 2019 but couldn't succeed this year. Once many things perfectly fall in place, the citizens of Lagos will truly and freely elect their leader one day.
Re: The Truth About The Elections In Lagos - An Omo Ale by helinues: 9:56am On Mar 26, 2023
Na Mariwo we only gave you people during the Lagos Guber election, masquerade ( strict diplomatic policies) are coming.

You people must learn in a very bitter way
Re: The Truth About The Elections In Lagos - An Omo Ale by ManOfMan: 10:39am On Mar 26, 2023
DesChyko:

His PU is at a market where his aged mother is one of the recognized market leaders. He also has some of his family elders having stakes in the market too. In his opinion, his mother has been brainwashed to be pro-APC because they (himself inclusive) were threatened that their market will be shut down if they fail to deliver for APC. And they believed it because another market at Agboju was 'supposedly' shut down when they failed to comply with APC-directives over campaigns and the likes and they now share market space with them.

We linked up on Sunday after the elections and he told me how and why he didn't go after I berated him for not exercising his civic right, especially as myself and others who were not Yorubas were prevented from voting by thugs. Luckily, his mother was there to recount how the voting experience was and that in itself tells a tale of scapegoating.

I pray more of these true stories be pushed out there to dowse the tribal tension so that we won't begin to hate on each other wrongly because of the tribalistic activities of a few miscreants on both divides

(1) (Reply)

Reacting To The Fuel Hike Come June 2, 2023. #750/ Litre. #ApcSupporters, / How Ray Youssef's Paxful Coy Promoted Bogus ANAP Poll Which Predicted Peter Obi / APC supporters, come in and Collect Free Recharge Card Tokens 4 Job Well Done!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.