Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Civil Engineer Treated Like A Foreman - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Civil Engineer Treated Like A Foreman (321 Views)

My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures / Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria / “I Slay In My Military Uniform Just The Same Way I Slay In My Civil Wear” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civil Engineer Treated Like A Foreman by CTee1: 4:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
I'm a civil engineer and currently working as a site engineer in a construction company. I've worked for 8months, 120k lump sum (excluding overtime). My boss (Lebanese man) treats me like a foreman. He expects me to be on site from 7am till closing hour, if he sees me in the office for any reason during working hour, the shout and embarrassment no be here. I can't tell the difference between a foreman and myself because we doing almost same thing and I also noticed that the workers have more respect for the supervisor. My plan is to confront my boss and tell him I'll no long be on site 24/7 anymore, maybe 4 times daily to instruct them on what to do. It might result to ugly outcome but I'm gradually losing confidence in myself I need to stop feeling this way before it gets out of hands. please advice me nairaland.
Re: Civil Engineer Treated Like A Foreman by tommy589(m): 6:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
He won't boss over you forever. Be patient
Re: Civil Engineer Treated Like A Foreman by jubrilcastle(m): 11:33pm On Mar 26, 2023
You see Lebanese, Chinese and Indians they are terrible people to work with. There mentality is that once they sack you they will get replacement immediately because of the nature of our country unemployment problem. Confronting him won't change the situation and hoping that he will change that's another big lie. My advice is that you bear with him ATM and also be searching for job elsewhere. I recently quit from one Lebanese company. Those guys na bastard
Re: Civil Engineer Treated Like A Foreman by daviddext: 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2023
If part of your role is to do designs (calculations and CAD) in office, then your job could be part office based and part site based. But you say your role is only "site engineer". I am afraid your Boss can argue that you have no business in the office unless there is genuine reason to be there. He believes you are being paid for what you signed up for, to be onsite as the "site Engineer". It depends on the project you are handling though. Some projects are complex regardless of the size and they require the engineer to be stationed onsite especially when the office is far away.

If you would confront him, do it politely and with reasonable points that may convince him why you should be allowed to spend some time in the office too sometimes...

(1) (Reply)

Career-welder & Piper Fitters Job Opportunity In The Province Of Alberta Canada / Are You Eligible To Live The Big Life? Come Find Out!!! / The Mandate International

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.