Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations (7506 Views)

Federal Government Plans 3 Coal-fired Power Stations To Generate 3,000 Megawatts / Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant For Nigeria. Danger! / Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by wowo2: 5:02pm On Sep 20, 2011
minster of power has said electricity generation has now increased and at the same time many hydro stations are being built, so remind me again why we need nucular,
Jonathan jor oooooooo
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by Akanbiedu(m): 5:05pm On Sep 20, 2011
ekt_bear:

Is this a sarcastic post? If not, are you reading and comprehending anything that is being written?

"Risk", indeed.

No to nuclear power stations anywhere in the SW. Especially not in Ekiti.

I don't want to die when inevitably the power plant is mismanaged and a disaster happens

Mr Tribalist,

Where do you suggest nuclear power stations be located if you don't want it in SW? You don't want to die but others should.
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by ektbear: 5:09pm On Sep 20, 2011
I don't have time to respond to brainless posts. Reread the thread and comprehend what is being said, not what you think is being said.
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by Akanbiedu(m): 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2011

No to nuclear power stations anywhere in the SW

What is the meaning of this statement, you bigot.
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by ektbear: 5:17pm On Sep 20, 2011
Are you really this stvpid?

What does tribalism have to do with it? Would a Texan want a nuclear power plant managed by incompetents built in Texas? If he says no to building it there, is that tribalism?

This is the last time I will warn you, read what is being said here, not what you think is being said. And if you still cannot understand, then keep silent!

It isn't by force to open your mouth, is it?
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by Akanbiedu(m): 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2011
You kid,

what do you know about "South West"? who created it?

You better stop your silly bigotry before it eats your little brain.
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by ektbear: 5:26pm On Sep 20, 2011
You appear to be one of the dumbest people I have met on NL so far.

Everything na tribalism. Global warming, taxation, no doubt you'd explain both concepts using tribalism.

Anyway, this conversation is over.
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by Akanbiedu(m): 5:29pm On Sep 20, 2011
Who is having conversation with an id!ot like you. Mr SW
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by MARKREN: 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2011
With all the Gas Reserves we have what are we doing with a nuclear power station.

We cannot maintan our roads (Ore-Benin has been a state of disrepair for decades)
We cannot Martian our schools, hospitals (Every politician in this country flies out for ordinary medical check-up).
We cannot even maintain our refineries to be able to refine crude locally
We cannot even maintan in security in the country - remember Atlas Cove in Lagos was bombed by MEND in 2010, and let not forget the level of insecurity caused by dare devil armed robbers and kidnapper in the south east & southsouth not to talk of the wahala going on in the North central & North East due to the acts of Boko Haram

And we want to build a nuclear power plant, is that not madness. And someone who support this tells me that we do not want Nigeria to develop. (pls name your state, local Govt & village and send it to the FG so that the plant can be built next to your family house there)

This is like someone living in a Face Me - I Face You house in middle of Ajegunle who wants to buy a Ferrari Enzo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a complete nutjob shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by deadie(m): 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2011
Please don't bring that death trap anywhere near the SE. Don't want any SE town to be synonymous to Fukushima. Maiduguri and Jos sounds just right cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by MMM2(m): 7:28pm On Sep 20, 2011
embarassed
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 20, 2011
instead of us to be looking at non harmful renewable source of energy we are looking nuclear power station my goodness do thses guys think it is mai mai we are still struggling to run and maintain NEPA now PHCN what happened to the hydro electric power generation and solar energy generation undecided
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by hbrednic: 8:54pm On Sep 20, 2011
maiduguri or kaduna near the nnpc
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by chino11(m): 9:14pm On Sep 20, 2011
Yarobas should take this up to world court in Hagues. This is a systematic way for ethnic cleansing of the yarobas, Nigeria cannot afford to manage ordinary flood disaster in lagos not to talk nuclear disaster which even Japan couldn't manage. Yarobas should start talking now or keep silence forever, since they are already use to suffering and smiling
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by phreakabit(m): 9:44pm On Sep 20, 2011
[size=18pt]Fukushima  Daiichi. . . . . . . coming to a city near YORUBA [/size]   grin  grin  grin
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by kolexy(m): 9:44pm On Sep 20, 2011
No to Nuclear station in Ekiti. Thank God the Minister (Grace Ekwire, ) served under Yar' adua.
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by aljharem3: 9:48pm On Sep 20, 2011
ekt_bear:

You appear to be one of the dumbest people I have met on NL so far.

Everything na tribalism. Global warming, taxation, no doubt you'd explain both concepts using tribalism.

Anyway, this conversation is over.

ekt bear.

i understand ur point but given the fact others don't want it. then it is best the location is in the SW
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by aljharem3: 9:48pm On Sep 20, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

What is the meaning of this statement, you bigot.

HA

ekt-bear is not tribalist

just concerned about his state that is all wink
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by aljharem3: 9:49pm On Sep 20, 2011
phreakabit:

[size=18pt]Fukushima  Daiichi. . . . . . . coming to a city near YORUBA [/size]   grin  grin  grin

when u go grow up undecided
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by niyooo(m): 9:56pm On Sep 20, 2011
I know this is never gonna happen. We are not stewpid in the South-West. How come no South-south state was included? Or they don't mind being marginalized on this one. This bumbling guy is just stewpid. Hin no get land for Otueke again. Nonsense.
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by phreakabit(m): 10:00pm On Sep 20, 2011
alj_harem:

when u go grow up undecided

I dont know! undecided probably when you do. . . .  But I do know you can go jump off a bridge,hug transformer or better yet strap explosives to yourself, like your fellow Aboki harams do . I only spoke the truth considering the facts and the  possibilities.
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by ektbear: 10:49pm On Sep 20, 2011
alj_harem:

HA

ekt-bear is not tribalist

just concerned about his state that is all wink

He is simply one of the dumbest posters on this forum. Nothing I've posted here has a single thing to do with tribalism at all. It should even be clear from what has been written here that if a nuclear accident happens anywhere in Nigeria, others elsewhere can be at risk too.
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by sunkoye: 11:39pm On Sep 20, 2011
shocked nuclear!!!!, we cannot maintain PHCN or ordinary road but the govt is promoting nuclear source of electricity. them no dey see themself for day, na night! but wait!, this jonathan has intentions ooooo, why SW and NC  na only water dey for south south?, abi land or space no dey there? angry angry angry
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by igboboy1(m): 12:13am On Sep 21, 2011
I am a very non-tribal grin nigerian and would support the nuclear facilities to be located in the SW and NC . When GEJ talked about building second Niger bridge and upgradng Akanu Ibiam airport some people labelled it favoritism. Now we can see he is the most non-tribal nigierian, spreading development across all geopolitcal regions, Jonathan nwa mama buru gawa maka e bu ezigbo madu smiley
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by mitofag: 12:17am On Sep 21, 2011
great idea.

How many states do we have again? 36 - Lagos-Ogun-Yola-Benue - Ileke-idi =
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by mitofag: 12:22am On Sep 21, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Who is having conversation with an id!ot like you. Mr SW

hehe

Thats below the belt. wink

Anyway, glad to find you bother.  Some weeks ago, according to Mr. SW ( not my idea, but pretty damn right) I was the dumbest person here. Now its you.

Anyway, welcome brother. Hopefully, one day we will become smart, just like Mr. SW.
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by manny4life(m): 12:45am On Sep 21, 2011
I don't see anything wrong here, as long as the states have access to water, then the rest is up to them to decide. You guys should fretting about something that's not even that important, it's not like we're about to have a second time Chernobyl incident nor the fukushima dai-ichi nuclear plant disaster. From recent reports and research, Nuclear is the safest method and researchers and manufacturers are scaling down their sizes, so I think each state can get a one or two mini nuclear facilities under 250MW.
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by ektbear: 12:52am On Sep 21, 2011
manny4life:

I don't see anything wrong here, as long as the states have access to water, then the rest is up to them to decide. You guys should fretting about something that's not even that important, it's not like we're about to have a second time Chernobyl incident nor the fukushima dai-ichi nuclear plant disaster. From recent reports and research, Nuclear is the safest method and researchers and manufacturers are scaling down their sizes, so I think each state can get a one or two mini nuclear facilities under 250MW.

1. Reference for "safest?" In what sense is it "safest?"
2. Do you still think it will be "safest" when managed by the Nigerian FG?
3. Why nuclear when you have the top 10 largest NG reserves on earth? It isn't as if Nigerian is a resource-poor nation.
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by manny4life(m): 1:06am On Sep 21, 2011
ekt_bear:

1. Reference for "safest?" In what sense is it "safest?"
2. Do you still think it will be "safest" when managed by the Nigerian FG?
3. Why nuclear when you have the top 10 largest NG reserves on earth? It isn't as if Nigerian is a resource-poor nation.

Come on brother, you mean u don't know what safest is? Please keep in mind that I did not study engineering but I've done basic to intermediate research on energy and electricity systems. It is safe considering it's operation, design and it's redundant systems as compared to other sources of energy production. Safe as in, it's highly regulated, materials are highly regulated and accounted for, nuclear fuel is highly documented and accounted for by each nation unlike gas reserves where it is. Nuclear energy is the cleanest and most producing energy at least for the next age or so to be green. The pros simply outweigh the cons, let's embrace it and leave the fret to the side.
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by odumchi: 1:19am On Sep 21, 2011
igbo boy:

I am a very non-tribal  grin nigerian and would support the nuclear facilities to be located in the SW and NC . When GEJ talked about building second Niger bridge and upgradng Akanu Ibiam airport some people labelled it favoritism. Now we can see he is the most non-tribal nigierian, spreading development across all geopolitcal regions, Jonathan nwa mama buru gawa maka e bu ezigbo madu  smiley

Oboy you dey wicked grin grin
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by Nobody: 1:59am On Sep 21, 2011
govt that is celebrating 4200mw as highest power generated in nigerias history
govt that is 'on top of the situation' where boko haram is concerned
govt that has mismanaged nepa, nitel, nnpc

now wants to chook hand in NUCLEAR POWER PLANT - something that will be in russian or chinese and which no one go sabi shutdown in event of meltdown.

smething wey people no go maintain until its starts leaking

when people start falling ill, they will say na curse from village

govt will do nada, jsut as they have done next to nada in the cholera outbreaks, the lead poisonining in zamfara, the flooding

some mend of boko haram will even be daft enough to bomb the place as a statement

not in my state - in fact not in naija - a good wind will spread the radiation wella. or it will just enter river naija and we are all irradiated

FORGET IT

anyway, its just hot air, like everything else from jona. oyibo sef go fear to build am - before they sue them 50 yrs down the line .
Re: South West And North Central States Picked For Nuclear Power Stations by mitofag: 2:04am On Sep 21, 2011
oyb:

now wants to chook hand in NUCLEAR POWER PLANT - something that will be in russian or chinese and which no one go sabi shutdown in event of meltdown.

Dont worry I can speak Chinese. In the event of a meltdown, I'd know what to do. And if there nis something I dont understand we will use Google to translate. BTW, Google is pretty good!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Should I Spend My Salary? / Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc / Firstbank Targets 30m Accounts In Four Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.