Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements (2245 Views)

Two Statements Tinubu Supporters Hate The Most / These Two Statements Were Made By One Person / Two Statements From Ganduje That Can End Insecurity In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by Ddeliverer007(m): 7:35pm On Mar 26, 2023
Statement A:
he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election in at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

Statement B:
he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election in each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

Herein lies the answer you seek.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by Ddeliverer007(m): 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2023
Mynd44
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by Ddeliverer007(m): 7:47pm On Mar 26, 2023
Who is the lucky winner
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by N3TRAL: 7:50pm On Mar 26, 2023
In law we have rules of interpretation.
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by Ddeliverer007(m): 7:52pm On Mar 26, 2023
N3TRAL:
In law we have rules of interpretation.

Interpret both statements please

1 Like

Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by Villa12(m): 7:56pm On Mar 26, 2023
A and B statement means the same

1 Like

Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by NothingDoMe: 7:57pm On Mar 26, 2023
wait
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by Ddeliverer007(m): 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2023
Villa12:
A and B statement means the same

No, they don’t.

2 Likes

Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by Beebah321(f): 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2023
If you wan do giveaway, do am. No come here dey ask us yeye questions.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by N3TRAL: 8:00pm On Mar 26, 2023
Ddeliverer007:

Interpret both statements please

The first statement means that he has at least 25% in two-thirds of all the states in Nigeria and the FCT.

The second statement means that he has at least 25% in two-thirds of all the states in Nigeria and the FCT.

They're the same thing.

3 Likes

Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by reddingtonblack: 8:00pm On Mar 26, 2023
25% in 2/3 of 37 states
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by Mikespecialone(m): 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2023
The first sentence those not have the word each in it while the second has the word each in it
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2023
Ddeliverer007:
Statement A:
he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election in at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

Statement B:
he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election in each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by Ddeliverer007(m): 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2023
Mikespecialone:
The first sentence those not have the word each in it while the second has the word each in it

Obviously, does that eachof alter the meaning of the sentence?
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by Charleys: 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2023
One of the urchins representing Tinubu is looking for answers

2 Likes

Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by Ddeliverer007(m): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2023
N3TRAL:

The first statement means that he has at least 25% in two-thirds of all the states in Nigeria and the FCT.

The second statement means that he has at least 25% in two-thirds of all the states in Nigeria and the FCT.

They're the same thing.

No, they don’t.
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by Villa12(m): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2023
Mikespecialone:
It still mean the same thing
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by Villa12(m): 8:05pm On Mar 26, 2023
Ddeliverer007:

No, they don’t.
oya tell us since you know am
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by Ddeliverer007(m): 8:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
Beebah321:

No vex
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by N3TRAL: 8:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
Ddeliverer007:

No, they don’t.

They do. The "each" has no effect.
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by GuyWise101(m): 8:09pm On Mar 26, 2023
Beebah321:
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Beebah who did you vote for in the last election, let me see how I can help
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by ganisucks(f): 8:09pm On Mar 26, 2023
N3TRAL:

They don't mean the same thing.

The first is 25% in all 25 states combined together.

The second is 25 % in 24 states, state by state(individualistic), and the FCT.

4 Likes

Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by ejifranks(m): 8:09pm On Mar 26, 2023
Statement A:
Here Abuja is clearly seen as part of the states and all the candidate is requred is to score one quarter votes in at least 2/3 of all states even without Abuja and still will win the election.

Statement B:
he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election in each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja..

Here "in each of" separates Abuja from other states and when a candidate passes the one quarter requirements in at least 2/3 of all states he also needs to get one quarter in FCT to win.

1 Like

Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by Ddeliverer007(m): 8:11pm On Mar 26, 2023
N3TRAL:

Lol. Seriously?
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by garfield1: 8:14pm On Mar 26, 2023
Ddeliverer007:
Statement A:

Statement B:

God bless Nigeria.

Statement A means having 25% in two third of all the States including fct.
Statement B means having 25% in two third of the States on one hand and 25% mandatorily in fct on the other hand.

2 Likes

Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 26, 2023
Statement A means having 25% in two third of all the States including the FCT

Statement B means having 25% in two third of the States on one hand and 25% mandatorily in FCT on the other hand.

2 Likes

Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by flokii: 8:23pm On Mar 26, 2023
The only difference there is you changing the positions of the words to form a statement you feel okay with.. News flash, the courts will decide.

Now walk into any motherless babies home and donate the 20k to them. #Cheers!
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by raskymonojendor: 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2023
Okay.
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by N3TRAL: 8:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
Ddeliverer007:

Lol. Seriously?

Do you have a constitution with you?

Go to section 179(2) to check the similar provisions for the qualification of a Governor.

I quote it for you:

"he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election in each of at least two-thirds of all the local government areas in the State, but where the only candidate fails to be elected in accordance with this section, then there shall be fresh nominations."

The each there is to specify and unequivocally declare that every local government is counted when calculating at least two-thirds.

That's what the each does in 133 and 134 also.
In law we will read it in conjunction with 299. "In each of at least 37 states"
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by Usonkwu: 8:34pm On Mar 26, 2023
Miracood2:
Statement A means having 25% in two third of all the States including the FCT

Statement B means having 25% in two third of the States on one hand and 25% mandatorily in FCT on the other hand.

I don't think he seeks any answers but validation. Lol.

1 Like

Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by Mikespecialone(m): 8:34pm On Mar 26, 2023
Ddeliverer007:

Obviously, does that eachof alter the meaning of the sentence?

That’s the only difference I see ,my Broda .
Re: 20k for the first person to tell me the difference between these two statements by ejifranks(m): 8:35pm On Mar 26, 2023
N3TRAL:

Do you have a constitution with you?

Go to section 179(2) to check the similar provisions for the qualification of a Governor.

I quote it for you:

"he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election in each of at least two-thirds of all the local government areas in the State, but where the only candidate fails to be elected in accordance with this section, then there shall be fresh nominations."

The each there is to specify and unequivocally declare that every local government is counted when calculating at least two-thirds. That's what the each does in 133 and 134 also.
this does not apply here and both are not comparable. It can only apply if the Constitution adds some extra to it. For instance like two thirds in each of all local governments in Lagos states and Ikeja. This makes Ikeja mandatory.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Juju Scam: Yar’adua Orders Probe Of Nddc Boss / Senate Excludes Military Rulers From New Presidential Pension Scheme / Aide To Gov.ikedi Ohakim Threatens Imo State Blog Author.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.